Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,592 members, 7,820,128 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:10 AM

What Should I Do To This House (Pics) - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / What Should I Do To This House (Pics) (1847 Views)

31-Year-Old Landlady: 'I Built This House With My Money, Not With My Body' / 'This House Is Not For Sale': Are They Really Not For Sale? / This House Takes 6 Hours To Build And Costs Just $33K (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Should I Do To This House (Pics) by Prognose: 11:28am On Nov 25, 2017
Below are pictures of my village home. It is a three bedroom bungalow built by my dad about ten years ago. I don't go there often but recently I had cause to be around and I saw the following cracks along the walls. The floor also doesn't feel right, and has broken in some places. I want an idea of what needs to be done about the place.

Useful advice will be highly appreciated.
Re: What Should I Do To This House (Pics) by Prognose: 12:09pm On Nov 25, 2017
These are the cracks on the walls and even along the floor

Re: What Should I Do To This House (Pics) by Prognose: 12:22pm On Nov 25, 2017
Having difficulty sending the pics, don't know why. Will try again later.
Re: What Should I Do To This House (Pics) by Prognose: 12:23pm On Nov 25, 2017

Re: What Should I Do To This House (Pics) by Prognose: 3:25pm On Nov 25, 2017
Even the floor

Re: What Should I Do To This House (Pics) by Prognose: 3:34pm On Nov 25, 2017
87 views and no comment embarassed

Abeg make una epp me na
Re: What Should I Do To This House (Pics) by Prognose: 9:05pm On Nov 25, 2017
Help
Re: What Should I Do To This House (Pics) by Rubbiish(m): 9:12am On Nov 26, 2017
Prognose:
Help
Reinforce the crack path @ 450mm c/c & fill with mortar of rich mix
Break the floor & redo another concrete flooring with good thickness & reinforce it with wire mesh. The ultimate solution would be underpinning, but i believe the measures above if followed properly will curb the crack.
Re: What Should I Do To This House (Pics) by Prognose: 9:47am On Nov 26, 2017
Rubbiish:

Reinforce the crack path @ 450mm c/c & fill with mortar of rich mix
Break the floor & redo another concrete flooring with good thickness & reinforce it with wire mesh. The ultimate solution would be underpinning, but i believe the measures above if followed properly will curb the crack.

Thank you very much. I was scared the house might need to be pulled down or something. I don't know some of the terms you gave up there but at least you have pointed me in the right direction. Thanks once again. God bless you.
Re: What Should I Do To This House (Pics) by Rubbiish(m): 11:01am On Nov 26, 2017
Prognose:

Thank you very much. I was scared the house might need to be pulled down or something. I don't know some of the terms you gave up there but at least you have pointed me in the right direction. Thanks once again. God bless you.
Just give my explanation to an experienced manson, he will understand how to go about it.
Re: What Should I Do To This House (Pics) by Rubbiish(m): 7:28pm On Nov 19, 2019
Prognose:

Hello what approach did u later use to address the cracks?
Re: What Should I Do To This House (Pics) by Prognose: 1:52am On Nov 20, 2019
Rubbiish:

Hello what approach did u later use to address the cracks?

Sadly cracks are still there. Yet to fix it.
Re: What Should I Do To This House (Pics) by NewDelhi(m): 6:45pm On Aug 10, 2020
Prognose:
Below are pictures of my village home. It is a three bedroom bungalow built by my dad about ten years ago. I don't go there often but recently I had cause to be around and I saw the following cracks along the walls. The floor also doesn't feel right, and has broken in some places. I want an idea of what needs to be done about the place.

Useful advice will be highly appreciated.
Still having this problem?
Re: What Should I Do To This House (Pics) by Prognose: 8:18am On Aug 12, 2020
NewDelhi:

Still having this problem?

Yep. Though I have since called someone to estimate costs. The house will need renovation. Pillars will be place at the areas of damage to strengthen the walls and the floors have to be remade via german floors. Thanks and God bless

(1) (Reply)

Available And Affordable Luxury Apartment At Lekki Lagos / Lovely 2bedroom Terrace At Ochid Hotel By Chevron Lekki Forn25m / Peace Court At Ocean Bay Lekki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.