Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,279 members, 7,815,469 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:52 PM

Do Governor Have Authority Over Oba Like Ooni Of Ife - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Do Governor Have Authority Over Oba Like Ooni Of Ife (1215 Views)

Lagos Politician,segun Oniru, Brothers At War Over Oba Stool / Zaynab-Otiti Obanor: Ooni Of Ife's Ex-Wife Olori Wuraola In New York (Photos) / Photo Of Ooni Of Ife's New Wife As Claimed By Women Of Rubies (But It Is Fake) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Governor Have Authority Over Oba Like Ooni Of Ife by tonybank01: 6:20pm On Nov 25, 2017
A question passed to me is that do governor of each state as authority over Oba like ooni of ife, awujale, alafin of oyo, Oba of Benin and other kings in yourba land

Re: Do Governor Have Authority Over Oba Like Ooni Of Ife by PrinceOgun: 7:48pm On Nov 25, 2017
In Edo its No!!...... But they do In places people of yoruba extraction reside and as you know Benin Kingdom and its people are not part of that crowd and never will!!
Re: Do Governor Have Authority Over Oba Like Ooni Of Ife by AnebiraWaho(m): 2:09am On Nov 26, 2017
PrinceOgun:
In Edo its No!!...... But they do In places people of yoruba extraction reside and as you know Benin Kingdom and its people are not part of that crowd and never will!!

Benin and Yoruba what is the difference sef
There is this town close to Okene called Ososo, they are in edo state but they are practically all yorubas.
Re: Do Governor Have Authority Over Oba Like Ooni Of Ife by PrinceOgun: 11:40am On Nov 26, 2017
AnebiraWaho:

There is this town close to Okene called Ososo, they are in edo state but they are practically all yorubas.

And so fvvvcking what!!!!!!

Are there no Edo towns in Ondo and Ekiti?

Even the Ediod people in Onitsha does that make them Benin?

You better start reasoning like a literate person !!
Re: Do Governor Have Authority Over Oba Like Ooni Of Ife by macof(m): 5:23pm On Nov 26, 2017
PrinceOgun:

And so fvvvcking what!!!!!!

Are there no Edo towns in Ondo and Ekiti?

Even the Ediod people in Onitsha does that make them Benin?

You better start reasoning like a literate person !!

what Edo towns in Ondo and Ekiti?

You seem bitter and hateful undecided
Re: Do Governor Have Authority Over Oba Like Ooni Of Ife by PrinceOgun: 5:25pm On Nov 26, 2017
macof:
what Edo towns in Ondo and Ekiti?

You seem bitter and hateful undecided

Go sleep I norget time for cray fish, wen you grow bigger tell me
Re: Do Governor Have Authority Over Oba Like Ooni Of Ife by Uzordrew(m): 4:41pm On Nov 28, 2017
AnebiraWaho:

Stop saying shi*. Ososo is not practically Yoruba. Yea, there's Yoruba influence in our way of life but the Edo influence in Ososo culture is more than d Yoruba...... Even the Ebiras have an influence on our culture

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do Governor Have Authority Over Oba Like Ooni Of Ife by PrinceOgun: 5:26pm On Nov 28, 2017
Uzordrew:
Stop saying shi*. Ososo is not practically Yoruba. Yea, there's Yoruba influence in our way of life but the Edo influence in Ososo culture is more than d Yoruba...... Even the Ebiras have an influence on our culture

grin grin grin grin Continue Exposing their lies my brother
Re: Do Governor Have Authority Over Oba Like Ooni Of Ife by AnebiraWaho(m): 10:46pm On Dec 02, 2017
Uzordrew:

Well I am Ebira
And a large section of Ososo town are of Ebira origin.

Do you agree? cheesy

Granted, Ososo is a border town between Edo and Kogi but is there anything to set the ososo man apart from the Yoruba man in a mixed place like Lagos or Abuja?

1 Like

Re: Do Governor Have Authority Over Oba Like Ooni Of Ife by Uzordrew(m): 4:07pm On Dec 04, 2017
AnebiraWaho:

Well I am Ebira
And a large section of Ososo town are of Ebira origin.

Do you agree? cheesy

Granted, Ososo is a border town between Edo and Kogi but is there anything to set the ososo man apart from the Yoruba man in a mixed place like Lagos or Abuja?
LOL @ d bolded. Dude, only a very minor part of Ososo( The Ikpenas) have some links with the Ebiras and it's as a result of the close distance between them and Okene.... I hope u also hope you know that a part of D Ebiras trace their origins to Ososo..... I'll urge you to ask about the origins of death mother of ur state governor ND d Ohinoyi..... As for how u can distinguish an Ososo man, the language, his mode of dressing, etc.

(1) (Reply)

Amasa's Hijab Controversial Saga: Apologies From Court Officials. / Igbo Ladies Of Pre Colonial Nigeria L@@k / Can Anyone Help Interpret ITENDO By Fabomo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.