Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,797 members, 7,956,046 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:25 PM

Whatsapp Groups Are Becoming More Of Distractions. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Whatsapp Groups Are Becoming More Of Distractions. (511 Views)

The Problem Isn't A Lack Of Opportunities. It's An Abundance Of Distractions... / Common Distractions At Work And How To Get Rid Of Them / Tips To Reduce Distractions In The Workplace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Whatsapp Groups Are Becoming More Of Distractions. by uche77zero(m): 10:26pm On Nov 25, 2017
My take on the whatsapp group insurgency, As much they act as a medium for relating with individuals within your industry, same ideology and alumni, unfortunately the amount of information that these groups throw at us in real time is quite alarming and could act as a distraction.
I belong to a couple of groups that have provided support in the various industries, I operate in and infact act as an admin for a couple.

You might say that all that we would read but unfortunately the curious nature of man would not let us let it be till we do. You always get this urgency to glimpse into the phone and see what the last message, videos and picture was all about. Atimes they tender to throw non relevant information to you especially If you don’t have a functional group admin.

Beyond throwing too much information to you also consume your data especially those happy new month picture messages that I am beginning to suspect the Telecoms companies in a conspiracy click to exhaust our data faster.
I advise, you do a comprehensive analysis and find the most important groups within your industry that is more beneficial and stick to that. You are not mandated to stick to that group if it has not improved you since you joined. I advise one group per industry cause atimes all you get a reiteration of information within all groups. Try to identity members of the group and see if they are industry leaders with your local market.
Mute as often as possible and preferably take about an hour to go through most group post if possible after work hours.

My final take, if the group doesn’t edify, I advise you leave.
But most importantly if the group doesn’t support your end game in life, e,g Make Heaven, live an upright life, have a happy family, etc. FLEE my brother my sister yes flee.

#talkuche

Re: Whatsapp Groups Are Becoming More Of Distractions. by SmartchoiceNGR: 10:31pm On Nov 25, 2017
I created one. Saw it hijacked when I was wondering how to pull out. Now I am out of all WhatsApp groups. It is really refreshing.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Should I Ignore The Job Offer? / Breaking: Comptroller-general Of Immigration Redeploys State Comptrollers, / Access Bank Frontline Internship Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.