Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,239 members, 7,829,434 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:51 AM

Tithe Is Not For Unbelievers - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithe Is Not For Unbelievers (582 Views)

As Christians, How Should We Relate With Unbelievers? / Asking for Tithe is Fraud: Pastor(Dr) Abel Damina / Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tithe Is Not For Unbelievers by Vanderandrew(m): 10:42pm On Nov 25, 2017
Tithe is 10% of one's income. I even hear people who don't have a relationship with God argue about Tithe. Paying tithes is based on a covenant you have with God. So unbelievers are exempted from paying tithes. But they can give to Church projects as well as the poor.
Re: Tithe Is Not For Unbelievers by SmartchoiceNGR: 10:46pm On Nov 25, 2017
Vanderandrew:
Tithe is 10% of one's income. I even hear people who don't have a relationship with God argue about Tithe. Paying tithes is based on a covenant you have with God. So unbelievers are exempted from paying tithes. But they can give to Church projects as well as the poor.

Quote Christ. Or keep quiet.
Re: Tithe Is Not For Unbelievers by KardinalZik(m): 11:08pm On Nov 25, 2017
If you like, pay; if you like, don't pay: God and His Word still remain unchanged.

YOU'LL SURELY PAY TO DEVOURERS.

Does your decision to evade tithe really affect God?
Re: Tithe Is Not For Unbelievers by Goshen360(m): 11:18pm On Nov 25, 2017
KardinalZik:
If you like, pay; if you like, don't pay: God and His Word still remain unchanged.

YOU'LL SURELY PAY TO DEVOURERS.

Does your decision to evade tithe really affect God?

Devourers like......give us some examples please

1 Like

Re: Tithe Is Not For Unbelievers by 1Sharon(f): 11:25pm On Nov 25, 2017
Vanderandrew:

Why does a god you claim is al-mighty and powerful need paper money for?

1 Like

Re: Tithe Is Not For Unbelievers by menxer: 3:44am On Nov 26, 2017
Vanderandrew:

By their words you will know who is in spiritual bondage.

I guess as a believer you know once you default in one aspect of the Law you default in all. You can't keep the Law of tithe and not keep the law of burnt offerings, or an eye for an eye, or any of the 613 laws of Moses.

Don't say tithe preceeded the law because it does not. Abraham was not asked to pay, but gifted Melchizadek just once, which is what the church uses as foundation for collecting tithe. And if you insist on it, you should also insist we take our maid as concubine.

Cherry picking does not work in this matter

(1) (Reply)

Advance Christmas Wishes / 50 Jehovah's Witnesse Expelled From Their Homes For Changing Their Religion / The Relationship Between Santa And Satan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.