Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,214 members, 7,811,589 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:08 PM

London Double Decker Buses To Be Powered By Coffee Waste To Cut Diesel Emissions - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / London Double Decker Buses To Be Powered By Coffee Waste To Cut Diesel Emissions (13813 Views)

Imo Black Cab: Innoson Buses Replace Keke In Owerri (Photos) / London Double Decker Buses To Be Powered By Coffee Waste To Cut Diesel Emissions / Japan Is Testing Driverless Buses To Help Old People Move Around (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

London Double Decker Buses To Be Powered By Coffee Waste To Cut Diesel Emissions by Automotive1(m): 12:27am On Nov 26, 2017
[img]http:///a/img924/6034/sjhefO.jpg[/img]
[img]http:///a/img922/1653/EJJPBX.jpg[/img]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnXR-MKhg64?t=60

British startup bio-bean has partnered with Shell and Argent Energy to create a coffee-based biofuel that will be used in London's diesel buses.

The company has produced 6,000 liters of coffee oil for the pilot project with London's transportation authority which is enough to help power the equivalent of one city bus for a year.

The startup collects used coffee grounds from cafes,restaurants and factories,and transports them to its recycling facility. There, the grounds are dried before coffee oil is extracted.

The coffee oil which makes up 20 percent of the final fuel blend,will then be mixed with traditional diesel to create B20 biofuel, which can be used in diesel buses without any modification.

According to bio-bean, the average Londoner drinks 2.3 cups of coffee a day, translating to over 200,000 tonnes of waste a year. 

Bio-bean estimates that Britain produces 500,000 tonnes of coffee grounds a year, most of which are discarded in landfills where they can emit harmful greenhouse gases.

This scheme is the first time Transport for London has put coffee-based biofuel in its buses,previously testing waste from cooking oils on its 9,500 buses.

Source :https://autojosh.com/london-double-decker-buses-powered-coffee-waste-cut-diesel-emissions/

Cc Lalasticlala Mynd44

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: London Double Decker Buses To Be Powered By Coffee Waste To Cut Diesel Emissions by jerryunit48: 2:12am On Nov 26, 2017
That thing is an environmental disaster in modern Europe so it will be a good thing
Re: London Double Decker Buses To Be Powered By Coffee Waste To Cut Diesel Emissions by lolaxavier(m): 6:40am On Nov 26, 2017
Mtcheeewww....abegi....Ambode don dey plan d same tin for danfo and brt tey tey
Re: London Double Decker Buses To Be Powered By Coffee Waste To Cut Diesel Emissions by KendrickAyomide: 6:40am On Nov 26, 2017
Which way Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: London Double Decker Buses To Be Powered By Coffee Waste To Cut Diesel Emissions by Nobody: 6:41am On Nov 26, 2017
cry
God doesn't love blacks, he is really punishing us in Africa.

God why? what did we do to deserve this

8 Likes

Re: London Double Decker Buses To Be Powered By Coffee Waste To Cut Diesel Emissions by ProudToBeAZombie: 6:41am On Nov 26, 2017
PMB will get us there,

Asé.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: London Double Decker Buses To Be Powered By Coffee Waste To Cut Diesel Emissions by NotComplaining: 6:41am On Nov 26, 2017
The moment I saw Shell, the king kong of carbon emissions I had a preminition... bullsh!t

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: London Double Decker Buses To Be Powered By Coffee Waste To Cut Diesel Emissions by TonyOputa(m): 6:42am On Nov 26, 2017
smiley
Re: London Double Decker Buses To Be Powered By Coffee Waste To Cut Diesel Emissions by DIKEnaWAR: 6:42am On Nov 26, 2017
Here in Nigeria, we are trying to ensure that cattle stay on our roads like London double decker and sh1t and block the entire road, while their herders go on a rampage killing.

You see vision?

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: London Double Decker Buses To Be Powered By Coffee Waste To Cut Diesel Emissions by emmabest2000(m): 6:43am On Nov 26, 2017
KendrickAyomide:
Which way Nigeria?

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: London Double Decker Buses To Be Powered By Coffee Waste To Cut Diesel Emissions by ChappyChase: 6:43am On Nov 26, 2017
KendrickAyomide:
Which way Nigeria?
Oga better stop asking this if you no want die of high Blood pressure embarassed

3 Likes

Re: London Double Decker Buses To Be Powered By Coffee Waste To Cut Diesel Emissions by Nobody: 6:44am On Nov 26, 2017
Ok
Re: London Double Decker Buses To Be Powered By Coffee Waste To Cut Diesel Emissions by Sunshyne200(m): 6:44am On Nov 26, 2017
And someone would tell you to have hope in Nigeria? Why can't we just be progressive in this nation, must everything be all about political parties, nepotism and corruption?

I frequent the politics section of NL, and in a few weeks, I became more temperamental and aggressive.
Nigeria is kinda doomed.

Anybody that can help me migrate, I am open for negotiations...

11 Likes

Re: London Double Decker Buses To Be Powered By Coffee Waste To Cut Diesel Emissions by descrisom(m): 6:51am On Nov 26, 2017
I saw Yemi Alade there on the video
Re: London Double Decker Buses To Be Powered By Coffee Waste To Cut Diesel Emissions by SokoDobo: 6:53am On Nov 26, 2017
Nice one
Re: London Double Decker Buses To Be Powered By Coffee Waste To Cut Diesel Emissions by johnjay4u2u(m): 6:55am On Nov 26, 2017
Knowledge aint static

2 Likes

Re: London Double Decker Buses To Be Powered By Coffee Waste To Cut Diesel Emissions by Saintsbrown(m): 6:56am On Nov 26, 2017
Religion remains a major problem in Development of Africa.
Here we are deceived that prayer is the master key.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: London Double Decker Buses To Be Powered By Coffee Waste To Cut Diesel Emissions by MrEdimulo82(m): 6:58am On Nov 26, 2017
Now dat's a thinking country........

1 Like

Re: London Double Decker Buses To Be Powered By Coffee Waste To Cut Diesel Emissions by overhypedsteve(m): 7:01am On Nov 26, 2017
Nations of this world are advancing scientifically, they are creating solutions to their problems daily. While here in a poor West African country they do not have enough brain to produce electricity for themselves. Despite all the money invested on our electrical engineering departments from independence. All they know how to do is to be tweeting " I get First Class I nor get work" up and down. Foolish generation of vipers

No light, no solution in sight and the idiots that claim to have distinction in this field are more useless than roadside beggars seeking for aids in the filthy streets of Kafanchan Kaduna.
These people disgust me.
Re: London Double Decker Buses To Be Powered By Coffee Waste To Cut Diesel Emissions by Edet08(m): 7:04am On Nov 26, 2017
Automotive1:
[img]http:///a/img924/6034/sjhefO.jpg[/img]
[img]http:///a/img922/1653/EJJPBX.jpg[/img]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnXR-MKhg64?t=60

British startup bio-bean has partnered with Shell and Argent Energy to create a coffee-based biofuel that will be used in London's diesel buses.

The company has produced 6,000 liters of coffee oil for the pilot project with London's transportation authority which is enough to help power the equivalent of one city bus for a year.

The startup collects used coffee grounds from cafes,restaurants and factories,and transports them to its recycling facility. There, the grounds are dried before coffee oil is extracted.

The coffee oil which makes up 20 percent of the final fuel blend,will then be mixed with traditional diesel to create B20 biofuel, which can be used in diesel buses without any modification.

According to bio-bean, the average Londoner drinks 2.3 cups of coffee a day, translating to over 200,000 tonnes of waste a year. 

Bio-bean estimates that Britain produces 500,000 tonnes of coffee grounds a year, most of which are discarded in landfills where they can emit harmful greenhouse gases.

This scheme is the first time Transport for London has put coffee-based biofuel in its buses,previously testing waste from cooking oils on its 9,500 buses.

Source :https://autojosh.com/london-double-decker-buses-powered-coffee-waste-cut-diesel-emissions/

Cc Lalasticlala Mynd44

Some of these buses are already being powered by coffee waste
Re: London Double Decker Buses To Be Powered By Coffee Waste To Cut Diesel Emissions by money121(m): 7:04am On Nov 26, 2017
Alrty now
Re: London Double Decker Buses To Be Powered By Coffee Waste To Cut Diesel Emissions by teflonjake(m): 7:23am On Nov 26, 2017
Sunshyne200:
And someone would tell you to have hope in Nigeria? Why can't we just be progressive in this nation, must everything be all about political parties, nepotism and corruption?

I frequent the politics section of NL, and in a few weeks, I became more temperamental and aggressive.
Nigeria is kinda doomed.

Anybody that can help me migrate, I am open for negotiations...

I was with a top politician in my state a few days ago, and he said my friend..... your state has been shared, likewise Nigeria. "This country is dead"
Re: London Double Decker Buses To Be Powered By Coffee Waste To Cut Diesel Emissions by Nobody: 7:32am On Nov 26, 2017
Nothing new undecided ....here in naija NNPC signed MOU with Ondo state to use cassava for same purpose ..

Nigeria ll get there
Re: London Double Decker Buses To Be Powered By Coffee Waste To Cut Diesel Emissions by LordAdam16: 7:37am On Nov 26, 2017
NotComplaining:
The moment I saw Shell, the king kong of carbon emissions I had a preminition... bullsh!t

They know it is the end of an era and they're positioning themselves to have their share of the new renewable energy pie that's baking.

All of the big energy companies have their hands in renewable energy. It's called foresight.

-Lord

1 Like

Re: London Double Decker Buses To Be Powered By Coffee Waste To Cut Diesel Emissions by Bsmartt(m): 8:00am On Nov 26, 2017
The rate of technological advancement in the developed world is encouraging. This shows that they are conscious of want might threaten their future generations in terms of green house effects and global warming.

For Nigeria our development is in our hands.

Unfortunately, how many researches by our glorified professors in the tertiary institutions are being transferred to the industries for the benefit of the populace?

I think our problem is not religion but our lackadaisical attitude towards advancement in all sectors of the economy.

It begins with you and I.
Re: London Double Decker Buses To Be Powered By Coffee Waste To Cut Diesel Emissions by wickyyolo: 8:11am On Nov 26, 2017
Coffee farm in my mind. grin
Re: London Double Decker Buses To Be Powered By Coffee Waste To Cut Diesel Emissions by Hayah: 8:26am On Nov 26, 2017
ChappyChase:

Oga better stop asking this if you no want die of high Blood pressure embarassed

I swear!

The best one can do is to try to make ends meet legally as much as one can without bothering oneself about the country

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Can I Paint My Tyres,to Make The Black Come Alive. / Skoda Mocks Elon’s Tesla Launch In TV Ad As It Sends A Car To Mars-A Tiny Ville / Danfo Drivers/conductors To Wear Uniforms And Badges In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.