Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:22 AM

ATIKUISM: The Philosophy Of Political Harlotry - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ATIKUISM: The Philosophy Of Political Harlotry (386 Views)

PDP Youth Leader Petitions US, UK, Germany, Accuses Apc Of Political Intimidatio / How To Join A Political Party In Nigeria | List Of Political Parties / List Of Political Heavyweights Present At The 2017 PDP Convention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

ATIKUISM: The Philosophy Of Political Harlotry by WordSayer: 1:59am On Nov 26, 2017
ATIKUISM: THE PHILOSOPHY OF POLITICAL HARLOTRY

The political atmosphere of Nigeria is heavily mosaicked with political parties and sad as it is, almost, if not even all of them lack the orientation that characterises the rightful thinking of a democratic party. Ideologically, there is nothing worth gratifying about any of these political parties as none whatsoever, be it APC or PDP or Whatever-Party/Movement, has evidently brought about a positive change in the lives of the nation's citizenry except for propaganda, blame games and true lies.

We have past leaders whom during their tenures, did not improve the standard of living of the masses or deliver the dividends of democracy but rather upon assuming office, derailed by default to enrich their pockets and sanctimoniously, maintain the status quo of playing dices with the commonwealth of the people in the course of their God-forsaken administration. These interplay of selfish appetites with regards to the vision and mission of Nigeria's political parties has made the leadership of Africa's most populous nation a jungle of bad political culture bereft of sound, selfless, equitable and practicable ideologies.

I belief, affirmatively that it is because of this
ideological emptiness on the part of Nigeria's polity that the issue of this partisan "cross carpeting" is very much rampant.

Politicians hop from party to party all because they want to seize power for personal reasons and not as they usually admit, for nationalistic reasons. The appalling thing about this political harlotry is the fearless disregard for their own accountability, dignity, posterity and most concertedly, the People's response to such a perpetual fakery.
I call this ATIKUISM, The philosophy of political harlotry which by correspondence is named after His Excellency, Mr. Abubakar Atiku, the ex -Vice president of the Federal republic of Nigeria(GCON) and by titular reference, The Turaki Waziri of Adamawa.
He has fervently imbibed, cultivated and followed this unholy philosophy with great desperation.

Before i proceed to my incant, let me salute Mr Atiku, for his political miscalculations and impatience. Ever since he had a misunderstanding with Ebora Owu, The former President Olusegun Obasanjo, his seemliness has never been the same. The aspiration of becoming President has always been a miss.
Just imagine, from Obasanjo's PDP to PDM to ANPP to PDP to APC to PDP… all because of ambition and desperation… at the age of 71 for that matter. The prophecy of the acclaimed marabout has not been fulfilled.
Damn it, fate must be a godless sadist.

Now to the matter at hand.
The resignation letter of Mr Atiku begs a lot of questions which i will leave to you, dearest reader to introspect upon and ask, that is, even if there would be a proper answer to your logical inquiry.
To me, the reasons for his resignation, as stated in his official release are somehow funny and most honestly, lack conviction. I am attracted to the commentary about the youths in particular

"APC has failed the Youths"

…Only a sycophant or a retard perhaps would see sense in such baloney.
Let us reason together, dearest Nigerians.
If PDP and APC failed the youth as a political party, what did he, Mr. Atiku as an individual do to help the youth? Is it his university? The one that the average Nigerian youth cannot attend?

Back then, he left PDP to APC because it failed the youths. Is that act not insulting to the intelligence of the Nigerian youth which in the mean while, is making a huge mockery of his own reputation if he goes back to PDP which had hitherto failed the youths?

Why not stay put and build a virile and strong party that would be more accommodating to the youths without nursing any ambitions?
If he really cared and loved the youths, shouldn't he be coaching and encouraging the youths to aspire for political positions without him aspiring himself?
If indeed, he had a great love for the party, this would be the right time to demonstrate his selfless dedication for the party and not abandon the party for its perpetual failures.

Mr Atiku sir.
Your political antecedents as a vice-president is working against you and moreover your character as a person is something Nigerians( the wise ones) are not comfortable with. People will respect you if you stay in one particular party and build it.
Nigerians respect Tinubu and others because they stuck with the opposition and built a solid foundation which was strong enough to dislodge an incumbent President (Goodluck Jonathan). That is what Nigerians expected you to do, but well, you have chosen to resign and follow the path of Atikuism, the art and craft of political fakery, better still - harlotry.

EPILOGUE:
Atiku's ability to defect from one political party to another clearly tells the entirety of Nigerians that he is an ineffective leader. I must admit, i feel for the old man. It is not easy to be rendered
useless as a political figure. It is an highly unbearable tragedy. I however believe that there is a place for redemption on the part of Mr. Atiku, the prototype follower of Atikuism, which is to get out of the political axis and help and nurture Nigeria with the wealth he has amassed( i.e scholarships, bursaries, NGO aids, political advice and other humanitarian gestures). This will be seen as a philanthropic indicant but as for me and a host of other Anti-Atikuists, Mr Atiku is not a President material. (Don't be surprised if he's elected into the seat though. It is Nigeria, anything goes).
God help our Nation.

Selah.

Written by The noble WordSayer.

Cc. Lalasticlala
Mynd44

1 Like

Re: ATIKUISM: The Philosophy Of Political Harlotry by okusman(m): 2:02am On Nov 26, 2017
Make this man go and sit down jare.... @ age 71 and still bleeping different political party around... useless group of political leaders... Nigerians are wise now

(1) (Reply)

Indigenous Language: Lagos Speaker Commend Army's Directive / Stop Slave Trade – Buhari Responds To Slavery In Libya / National Chairmanship; Lagos PDP Endores Bode George

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.