Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,626 members, 7,820,213 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:32 AM

Ikoyi Whistle-blower Rejects Fg’s N325m, EFCC Delays Payment - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ikoyi Whistle-blower Rejects Fg’s N325m, EFCC Delays Payment (28954 Views)

Minimum Wage: Labour Rejects FG's Proposal / Court Orders Temporary Forfeiture Of Diezani's N325m Land In Lekki To FG / FG Pays Ikoyi Whistle-blower N421m; Jets Out Of The Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ikoyi Whistle-blower Rejects Fg’s N325m, EFCC Delays Payment by MrEdimulo82(m): 11:38am On Nov 26, 2017
chillychill:
u think so?

Trust me I know so...

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi Whistle-blower Rejects Fg’s N325m, EFCC Delays Payment by hajlat2(m): 11:58am On Nov 26, 2017
muykem:
325m. This lawyer is very greedy.

Greedy lawyer is fighting for his 10% and not for his client. If I were the client , I will tell him to collect the amount and give him extra 5% to balance up so that I don't eventually loose everything if the unexpected happens. A bird at hand Worth's two in the bush.
Re: Ikoyi Whistle-blower Rejects Fg’s N325m, EFCC Delays Payment by dotedote: 12:00pm On Nov 26, 2017
"he had also stated that the commission should be paid based on the exchange rate at the time the money was recovered and not the current one"

Smh.

If the argument had been on being paid with the same currencies in which the monies were recovered, it would have been well understood. "he had also stated that the commission should be paid based on the exchange rate at the time the money was recovered and not the current one"

Smh.

If the argument had been on being paid with the same currencies in which the monies were recovered, it would have been well understood.
"he had also stated that the commission should be paid based on the exchange rate at the time the money was recovered and not the current one"

Smh.

If the argument had been on being paid with the same currencies in which the monies were recovered, it would have been well understood.
Re: Ikoyi Whistle-blower Rejects Fg’s N325m, EFCC Delays Payment by Deeldorado: 12:47pm On Nov 26, 2017
eagleeye2:

The policy that brought about whistle blowing states 5% of the recovered loot, so how is he greedy. EFCC are the greedy ones.

As a matter of fact, the policy did not state 5%. The policy states 2.5-5% depending on the amount. The higher the amount, the lesser the percentage that applies.
Re: Ikoyi Whistle-blower Rejects Fg’s N325m, EFCC Delays Payment by hardeycute(m): 12:57pm On Nov 26, 2017
Jaideyone:
[s] if you are going to hold your leaders responsible don't do it ignorantly. be sure of what you are doing before castigating the government.

this is a link to the lunch of the whistle blower policy
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/12/corruption-fg-launches-whistle-blowing-programme/

the payout is between 2.5-5%.
if the money is very large the pay out is 2.5% and if it's low then the payout is 5%. so how do you expect the government to pay him 5% for a very large sum of money?

read before you criticise[s]
If you are going to quote foolishly and ignorantly just because you want to defend a corrupt and unserious govt then you should have your facts.

What is the 2.5% of the recovered money?
Do you even know the amount in naira?

But you are here blindly defending nonsense.
Re: Ikoyi Whistle-blower Rejects Fg’s N325m, EFCC Delays Payment by swayflow: 1:24pm On Nov 26, 2017
To me he is right to be fighting for his right... But in a lawless country like Nigeria, he is just greedy to not accept that money... He may not even get up to 2million later lol... Does he want to compare riches with dangote? I smell some political snakes whispering in his left ear...
Re: Ikoyi Whistle-blower Rejects Fg’s N325m, EFCC Delays Payment by mkoabiola: 1:41pm On Nov 26, 2017
Half puff puff is better Dan nothing
Re: Ikoyi Whistle-blower Rejects Fg’s N325m, EFCC Delays Payment by TOPCRUISE(m): 1:48pm On Nov 26, 2017
MAYBE THE WHISTLE BLOWER WANTS THE NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT TO TEACH HIM THAT THEY HAVE BEEN STEALING PRIOR BEFORE HIS FATHER WAS BORN. BY THAT TIME HIS EYE WILL OPEN
Re: Ikoyi Whistle-blower Rejects Fg’s N325m, EFCC Delays Payment by JuanDeDios: 2:02pm On Nov 26, 2017
chymer:
That guy, the whistle blower is already in a deep.shit.
There are people you don't rat on, NIA is one of the strongest intelligence unit in Nigeria.

And for the guy to sell them off like that because of the 5% whatever, spell the death knell for him.

Believe it or not, the guy will be neutralised fatally, whether he gets the money or not.

And for those who wear online patriotism like a Chelsea jersey that will jump in to call me corrupt.

CIA have their own stash of cash in every part of the world, which they need for their covert operations. They don't need senate approval when they need to do something to save the country from outside threat.

All these media celebrated inter-agency rivalry, is going to put this our beloved nation into the hands of external aggressors. look at Iran, China, and even USA are always waiting on the wings to cause us some trouble.

Because we live in peace does not mean that the world is peaceful. That whistle blower of a guy did not do what he did out of patriotism. He did it for his own gain.

-_-----------------------
I am not here to defend the DG NIA or his wife, not at all.
And from the little I know about these people, their life is all about secrets.

Some might argue why hide it in a residential apartment, same thing goes for why did Osama Bin Laden hide near a military facility in Pakistan?
He did not rat on the NIA. He saw cash and blew a whistle. It turned out to be the NIA. If it was ok to have the cash there, I expect the NIA to be able to explain the president who would use his presidential powers to call off the EFCC since it's a national security matter. With the way things have gone, I believe this was stolen money, nothing more.

If Oke sends goons to kill the whistleblower, that will be the most cowardly act ever. I doubt he'd be that dumb since the guy would be a known person in security circles.
Re: Ikoyi Whistle-blower Rejects Fg’s N325m, EFCC Delays Payment by chymer(m): 2:37pm On Nov 26, 2017
JuanDeDios:

He did not rat on the NIA. He saw cash and blew a whistle. It turned out to be the NIA. If it was ok to have the cash there, I expect the NIA to be able to explain the president who would use his presidential powers to call off the EFCC since it's a national security matter. With the way things have gone, I believe this was stolen money, nothing more.

If Oke sends goons to kill the whistleblower, that will be the most cowardly act ever. I doubt he'd be that dumb since the guy would be a known person in security circles.

The guy saw the money and blew the whistle. that's fair enough.

Why is the government soft-pedalling in prosecting the DG? That money must have been classified. If that happens the discussions about it goes through secured channels. The TV interviews and Press Conferences will be ditched. The social media will be left in darkness.

There is this saying within the circles; "Deny everything. Avoid responsibility. At worst, shift the blame".

We can't get any compelling revelations than what we already have, the government is applying second flank mechanism. The cover have been blown, all that's need now is to save face. You don't wash your national security linen in the public and not have your fingers burnt, one way or the other.

This is the stage we are now. Somebody must take the fall, regardless. But not the Men.

NB.
I am just a private citizen. I do not hold any brief for them.
Thank you
Re: Ikoyi Whistle-blower Rejects Fg’s N325m, EFCC Delays Payment by 4dor: 2:44pm On Nov 26, 2017
chymer:

Yea,
that's very correct, my problem is the Nigeria factor.
Even in advanced systems covers get blown and good agents, sometimes go rogue.

Believe me, the wife having access to such volatile information speaks volume. Can you imagine this lady being kidnapped by rival intelligence units of hostile nations? She can be used as a weapon against the Nigerian state.

There are ways to handle these issues. Its not by unwarranted media hype, and social media frenzy. The NSA can query this DG, and sanction him accordingly, within the premise of their oath of engagement.

Anytime I read about this, I shed tears.
Men have given their life for the security of this country. Others have sacrificed their limbs and all. Wives have been widowed and kids fatherless.

That guy shouting his 5% should just shut up already.

"The Bell of Liberty is been watered, by the blood of Hero and villain alike"

Let that his 5% be his contribution the the national security.

Warning!
For those who don't understand my language, stay of my mention please.

As a man that was raised in these circles, I totally get your point especially the "men have given their lives" part.

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi Whistle-blower Rejects Fg’s N325m, EFCC Delays Payment by 9ja4live: 3:05pm On Nov 26, 2017
To save the face of the NIA the DG had to go. The NIA is not stupid to leave that money in ikoyi. They have more money stashed in various places. The NIA is just Is not just an intelligence agency. It's the intelligence agency the whole country depends on. They had to save the face of the administration before the NNigerian electorate and at the same time protect the integrity of their operations. Magu committed a grave error trying to do his work. It happens very well before the police and the Secret Service. The police never learns. In the next five years when we have all forgotten this case, the whistler and every other body involved now will somehow be reaping bad.

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi Whistle-blower Rejects Fg’s N325m, EFCC Delays Payment by iukpe: 5:06pm On Nov 26, 2017
He should be investigated. No be to collect then live to enjoy the money, he suppose de pray for?
Re: Ikoyi Whistle-blower Rejects Fg’s N325m, EFCC Delays Payment by Jaideyone(m): 5:21pm On Nov 26, 2017
hardeycute:
If you are going to quote foolishly and ignorantly just because you want to defend a corrupt and unserious govt then you should have your facts.

What is the 2.5% of the recovered money?
Do you even know the amount in naira?

But you are here blindly defending nonsense.
the ikoyi loot is 43.5illion dollars approximately (including the naira and pounds denomination). at 360naira to a dollar the ikoyi loot is 15.6billion naira.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/11/court-orders-forfeiture-ikoyigate-apartment-43-m-cash/
2.5% of 15.6b naira is 380m.
if I don't approximate the whistle blower will be entitled to lesser which is definitely around the figure the government is offering.

the government has offered 325 million naira.

do your maths and tell me how he's entitled to over 800m naira at 2.5%.

the problem with fools like you is that you just castigate the government without checking your own points. now you labelled the FG corrupt and you also called me an ignorant fool when there is actually no bigger fool on this thread than you.

you should be ashamed of yourself

modified; Mr "have your facts" I'm patiently waiting for your reply
Re: Ikoyi Whistle-blower Rejects Fg’s N325m, EFCC Delays Payment by Fourwinds: 5:23pm On Nov 26, 2017
chillychill:
Am very sure d guy will be feeling bad now for blowing the whistle instead of stealing d money himseff... Money Wey Neva reach him hand him don dey say Na 5per him want. Mucheww d lawyer and him lo ma Jo te.
there was no way he could steal the money...not possible
Re: Ikoyi Whistle-blower Rejects Fg’s N325m, EFCC Delays Payment by JuanDeDios: 5:39pm On Nov 26, 2017
chymer:

The guy saw the money and blew the whistle. that's fair enough.

Why is the government soft-pedalling in prosecting the DG? That money must have been classified. If that happens the discussions about it goes through secured channels. The TV interviews and Press Conferences will be ditched. The social media will be left in darkness.

There is this saying within the circles; "Deny everything. Avoid responsibility. At worst, shift the blame".

We can't get any compelling revelations than what we already have, the government is applying second flank mechanism. The cover have been blown, all that's need now is to save face. You don't wash your national security linen in the public and not have your fingers burnt, one way or the other.

This is the stage we are now. Somebody must take the fall, regardless. But not the Men.

NB.
I am just a private citizen. I do not hold any brief for them.
Thank you
You're suggesting that the government may have decided to pay the whistleblower even though it was indeed security operations money just so the public will lay off and they won't have to declassify information? Well, that's possible. But for those of us looking from the outside, this is a case of the more you look. . . The NIA does not even operate in Nigeria by law.

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi Whistle-blower Rejects Fg’s N325m, EFCC Delays Payment by billyG(m): 6:17pm On Nov 26, 2017
this greedy lawyer sef,i know his fee is 50%.
Re: Ikoyi Whistle-blower Rejects Fg’s N325m, EFCC Delays Payment by chuckjonesautos: 8:57pm On Nov 26, 2017
This is the reason why no one in Nigeria cooperate with the government. See excuses and stories... The government offered reward money and they are going back on their promise... Nigeria is a big joke.
Re: Ikoyi Whistle-blower Rejects Fg’s N325m, EFCC Delays Payment by Olapraise01(m): 6:10am On Nov 27, 2017
Huh?

Re: Ikoyi Whistle-blower Rejects Fg’s N325m, EFCC Delays Payment by chymer(m): 11:22am On Nov 27, 2017
9ja4live:
To save the face of the NIA the DG had to go. The NIA is not stupid to leave that money in ikoyi. They have more money stashed in various places. The NIA is just Is not just an intelligence agency. It's the intelligence agency the whole country depends on. They had to save the face of the administration before the NNigerian electorate and at the same time protect the integrity of their operations. Magu committed a grave error trying to do his work. It happens very well before the police and the Secret Service. The police never learns. In the next five years when we have all forgotten this case, the whistler and every other body involved now will somehow be reaping bad.

You are Informed. National security is not Child's play and the C in C is aware of that.

Which agency goes for a high profile burst, with a live TV crew? EFCC should have been an arm of Nollywood. They have lost many serious cases of corruption, even with glaring evidences, because they are lacking in technicalities. Only having loud mouthed prosecutors.

Before you know it, they start shouting corruption is fighting back? Why won't corruption fight back? When they lack in due diligence and depends on third party for their investigations.

If they have copied the way NDLEA carries out their own bursts, we won't be having this drama right now.
Re: Ikoyi Whistle-blower Rejects Fg’s N325m, EFCC Delays Payment by chymer(m): 11:45am On Nov 27, 2017
JuanDeDios:

You're suggesting that the government may have decided to pay the whistleblower even though it was indeed security operations money just so the public will lay off and they won't have to declassify information? Well, that's possible. But for those of us looking from the outside, this is a case of the more you look. . . The NIA does not even operate in Nigeria by law.

The Government is gonna pay him to save face.
But he should be ready for some crazy tax that will knock his brain back to factory reset. Maybe 35% and another 10-15% for his lawyer.

Can't you see how many people calling the government corrupt? This shows how our outlook as a nation have been polarises through party, religion and tribal lines.

I am not a fan of the administration.
I personally campaigned against them, and might probably do same in 2019.

But when it comes to National Security, we need to shed those tribal, religious and partisan toga and speak up like Nigerians. Doing that, we can reclaim our dear nation from the hands of these corrupt individuals.

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi Whistle-blower Rejects Fg’s N325m, EFCC Delays Payment by NDelta4fulani: 11:53am On Nov 27, 2017
Deeldorado:

As a matter of fact, the policy did not state 5%. The policy states 2.5-5% depending on the amount. The higher the amount, the lesser the percentage that applies.

Who gets to determine what then makes up the range of the spectrum. What amt is too high or moderate or low. Relative to what ? Any particular precedent seizures to use as benchmarks ? Lol. The whistle blower clearly isn't some pushover. Surprised u don't see the mess in all of this. The damned thing is ill-defined.
Re: Ikoyi Whistle-blower Rejects Fg’s N325m, EFCC Delays Payment by Deeldorado: 12:32pm On Nov 27, 2017
NDelta4fulani:

Who gets to determine what then makes up the range of the spectrum. What amt is too high or moderate or low. Relative to what ? Any particular precedent seizures to use as benchmarks ? Lol. The whistle blower clearly isn't some pushover. Surprised u don't see the mess in all of this. The damned thing is ill-defined.

It is defined. The newspapers are just not doing proper research. The percentage depends on the amount recovered as clearly defined in the Whistler blower act. The law is not the problem, it is those implementing it that are stupid.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Stomach Infrastructure: APC/Tonye Cole Strategy In Rivers State (Photos) / Ramadan: Tinubu Distributes Sacks Of Rice And Sugar To 50,000 Families / Governor Adeleke Creates Imole Youth Corps, Dissolves O-YES In Osun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.