Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,462 members, 7,843,410 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 03:18 AM

[chronicle] Slave Market In Libya: Malaise In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / [chronicle] Slave Market In Libya: Malaise In Nigeria (436 Views)

Libya Embassy In Nigeria Releases Statement On Slavery In Libya (Pictured) / Charly Boy Protests At Libyan Embassy In Abuja Against Slave Trade In Libya (Pic / Slavery In Libya: FFK Shares Graphic Picture Of What Sub-saharan Africans Face (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

[chronicle] Slave Market In Libya: Malaise In Nigeria by Sipcyp(m): 8:07am On Nov 26, 2017
Among African migrants who suffer martyrdom in Libya, Nigerians are legion. Indeed, even the continent's leading economic power fails to deter candidates for illegal emigration.

"I was sold. On the road that led here, I was sold. One of the most horrifying testimonies of the CNN team investigating the slave markets in Libya is undoubtedly that of Victory, a 21-year-old Nigerian from the south of the most populous country in Africa.

Victory had sixteen months of ordeal between his departure from southern Nigeria and his detention in Libya. The ex-Nigerian slave finally escaped his Libyan jailers. But he is now being held in a camp in Libya pending his return to his home country.

Of course, Victory is angry when he talks about torture during his detention, beatings and electric shocks. " Most of those who were with us lost their lives, " he says.

But where his voice breaks is when Victory evokes the homecoming. " What concerns me is not the food and the water that we are given here. I lost a lot of money. My mother lost a lot too, "Victory confesses.
To obtain his release, he had to pay one million naira, or nearly.....
http://www.sipcypnewsblog.com/2017/11/chronicle-slave-market-in-libya-malaise.html

(1) (Reply)

Police Officer Attacks Man With His Gun For Insulting His Car In Onitsha. Photo / President Buhari Launched Nigeria's Policy Framework And National Action Plan / ''Governor Okowa Is Not A Leader'' - Singer Harrysong

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.