Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,820,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:18 AM

There Is No Tithing For Christians - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / There Is No Tithing For Christians (438 Views)

Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing / Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing / Have You Ever Been Blessed Through Tithing And Giving In Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

There Is No Tithing For Christians by apostlesandewa(m): 2:45pm On Nov 26, 2017
I do not care what your pastor says..
My friends, there is nothing like tithes in Christianity; Christianity means been Christlike and it means you must lay emphasis on what Jesus laid emphasis on and not pay attention to what He didn't pay attention to.
None of your pastors are descendants of Levi; Jesus came to build relationships and not organizations hence no specified strata rather brothers; this means every giving is out of goodwill to better the brother/sisters standard of life and not because of our selfish desire to receive.

If they claim to have been spiritually made levites, well you cannot be selective levites with glaring inheritance in the land.

Levites have no personal property outside the temple: what of all their estates, cars, houses, schools? so they definitely have inheritance in the land!
Even when the fought alongside Joshua and we're entitled to properties... They got none because of this commandment.

Economically, luxury Items are used to keep wealth so be enlightened and don't deceive yourself in the name of worship, your pastors purchase these things to keep wealth and no matter what they can't be poor in any eventuality.

Jesus mentioned tithes once not as a commandment but to rebuke the Pharisees do not be deceived by sugar coating. Jesus did not expressly condemn them because so far He knew they had intended knowledge and not eventual knowledge because they never had direct relationship with God rather they were also brought up in organizational procedure like many of us today so the law meant everything to them and Jesus was using that same law to open their eyes; did Jesus observe the Sabbath? No, did he condemn it? No...Just like on matters of tithe, he also used the Sabbath to reach them by healing the sick on the Sabbath... showing that there were more important things to be done and culture is not what God deals with rather a heart of love.

So He didn't condemn tithing but He showed them it was negligible. If you then as a Christian will pick certain values from Judaism because it pays you and throw away all others because it doesn't aren't you a hypocrite? Jesus didn't condemn Judaism because by expectation if they eventually believed in Him, they would see they needed relationship and not cultural religion .

Even James the Apostle, wrote that true religion is to visit the fatherless and the orphans; God has used Jesus to open our hearts onto proper relationships and not exaggerated beliefs...

Everything God expects from us now is relationship and this is why Jesus fulfilled the law with two commandments : Love God and love your neighbour.

Jesus says all those who came before Him we're robbers and I say most who have come after are no different. So stay on the middle ground of Jesus where you won't be exploited.

People get rich; anyone can get rich, if truly tithes makes people rich... God will not be average... imagine opening the storehouse of heaven into us and yet we can't compete with even Dangote, how much more a Bill Gate... does the devourer not see them?

Jesus wants you to give to them in need not because you want in return but because it is the right thing to do.

Peter and the disciples asked Jesus what would be our gain following you? Jesus could easily have said oh! read the book of Malachi emphasis on chapter 3 but He responded that heaven was their reward. Did that mean they we're to lack and be in poverty? No. It meant in love we all will not be hungry which was evident in Solomon's porch and so our focus should be on more important matters of heaven; of love. after all there was money in the mouth of the fish, Peter saw that indeed money was not difficult for God to produce at need and He never went back to the mouth of the fish.. if it were you?

Ask your pastor why then are there still needy in your midst. Expect Jesus said we will always have the needy but these needy probably are not in Solomon's porch why? Because the love of Christ among brethren should solve all things

So ask yourself questions from the Scriptures, don't just accept things... Jesus plainly told the Pharisees that they err not knowing the Scriptures when they we're talking about marriage in the afterlife... how amazing, these were the scriptural authorities of then who were most respected and in all boldness.

see I have shown you the Scripture without numerical quotes... it is challenge to you to find out by reading the scriptures for yourself... Don't. wait to be spoon fed... The veil is torn we all have access! Hallelujah.

1 Like

Re: There Is No Tithing For Christians by tmx21(m): 2:48pm On Nov 26, 2017
WAIT FOR ME. LET ME READ YOUR HERESY.
*modified*
I hate it when anyone generalizes about tithing.

To me tithing is an individual thing. I started experiencing the blessings of malachi 3:11 when I started paying my tithes__ note: I wasnt wretched when I never started paying my tithe but i experienced more blessings when i started paying . I tried something for three consecutive months; i decided not to pay my tithe and i realized that i spent my salary on things that are inevitable but useless (e.g paying for fiancee' hospital bill). I didnt get the free things i'm used to getting.

I changed back to paying my tithe and things moved for the better.

If you think paying tithe pays you... Keep paying and if you think it has no effect on you, pls don't let anyone force you to pay.

#SHALOM
Re: There Is No Tithing For Christians by apostlesandewa(m): 2:53pm On Nov 26, 2017
tmx21:
WAIT FOR ME. LET ME READ YOUR HERESY
outstanding that you are yet to read but declared it heresy; so Christian of you!
Re: There Is No Tithing For Christians by tmx21(m): 3:16pm On Nov 26, 2017
apostlesandewa:
outstanding that you are yet to read but declared it heresy; so Christian of you!
your thread title is too conclusive even without reading.
Re: There Is No Tithing For Christians by milliondollas(m): 3:29pm On Nov 26, 2017
Num 18:24 Instead, I give to the Levites as their inheritance the tithes that the Israelites present as an offering to the LORD. That is why I said concerning them: 'They will have no inheritance among the Israelites.'" Num 18:26 "Speak to the Levites and say to them: 'When you receive from the Israelites the tithe I give you as your inheritance, you must present a tenth of that tithe as the LORD'S offering. Num 18:28 In this way you also will present an offering to the LORD from all the tithes you receive from the Israelites. From these tithes you must give the LORD'S portion to Aaron the priest. Num 18:28 In this way you also will present an offering to the LORD from all the tithes you receive from the Israelites. From these tithes you must give the LORD'S portion to Aaron the priest. Num 18:31 You and your households may eat the rest of it anywhere, for it is your wages for your work at the Tent of Meeting. Deu 14:22 Be sure to set aside a tenth of all that your fields produce each year. Deu 14:23 Eat the tithe of your grain, new wine and oil, and the firstborn of your herds and flocks in the presence of the LORD your God at the place he will choose as a dwelling for his Name, so that you may learn to revere the LORD your God always. Deu 14:24 But if that place is too distant and you have been blessed by the LORD your God and cannot carry your tithe (because the place where the LORD will choose to put his Name is so far away), Deu 14:25 then exchange your tithe for silver, and take the silver with you and go to the place the LORD your God will choose. Deu 14:26 Use the silver to buy whatever you like: cattle, sheep, wine or other fermented drink, or anything you wish. Then you and your household shall eat there in the presence of the LORD your God and rejoice. Deu 14:27 And do not neglect the Levites living in your towns, for they have no allotment or inheritance of their own. Deu 14:28 At the end of every three years, bring all the tithes of that year's produce and store it in your towns, Deu 14:29 so that the Levites (who have no allotment or inheritance of their own) and the aliens, the fatherless and the widows who live in your towns may come and eat and be satisfied, and so that the LORD your God may bless you in all the work of your hands. Deu 26:12 When you have finished setting aside a tenth of all your produce in the third year, the year of the tithe, you shall give it to the Levite, the alien, the fatherless and the widow, so that they may eat in your towns and be satisfied. Deu 26:13 Then say to the LORD your God: "I have removed from my house the sacred portion and have given it to the Levite, the alien, the fatherless and the widow, according to all you commanded. I have not turned aside from your commands nor have I forgotten any of them. Deu 26:14 I have not eaten any of the sacred portion while I was in mourning, nor have I removed any of it while I was unclean, nor have I offered any of it to the dead. I have obeyed the LORD my God; I have done everything you commanded me. 1st timothy 1 vs 8. the law is good if it is used correctly
Re: There Is No Tithing For Christians by apostlesandewa(m): 8:26pm On Nov 26, 2017
tmx21:
your thread title is too conclusive even without reading.
i I only hope to find out if it was indeed heretic. I am not one to play the hypocrite; the Scripture is quite clear except we decide to muddle things up and this subject matter is crystal clear and if anyone would have seen the heresy there in,they should please point out with adequate scriptural referencing... I am no one's judge just a minister of Christ and open to discussions... have a blessed time.

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional(sat. 09/12/2017) Stop The Pretence / Christianity: Miracle And Confusion / Free Bitcoin Giveaway.grab Yours.100% Free. No Investment.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.