Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,711 members, 7,809,697 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:26 PM

Zoology Vs Food Science: Which Has More Prospects? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Zoology Vs Food Science: Which Has More Prospects? (11813 Views)

UNN Zoology Students Afraid To Carry Snakes During Practical Class (Video) / Pls Advice, Which One Is Better Btw BSC Chemistry, Food Science / OPTOMETRY Or Medical Lab Science, Which Should I Put In For? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zoology Vs Food Science: Which Has More Prospects? by blaquebelle: 8:11pm On Nov 26, 2017
Hey Nairalanders,

I'm currently in a state of confusion now and i thought i could reach out to the knowledgeable ones on this forum who can help clear my mind.

On applying for admission last year i was given zoology to study, but i didn't like the course. Although i went ahead to take the opportunity, i tried for another admission this year into pharmacy. But my course was changed again on getting admitted and i was given food science instead.

I initially wanted to just go ahead with the one I'm doing already (zoology), but i met some people who informed me that food science is better. Now I'm confused on which one to pick.

Please I'd like any professionals in the above fields to enlighten me more on them including the prospects and which is better in our economic climate. I tried researching on both but i didn't come up with much. I hope i can find answers here.

I don't know the mods in charge but I'd like if this topic can be pushed forward for more coverage.

3 Likes

Re: Zoology Vs Food Science: Which Has More Prospects? by Nobody: 8:27pm On Nov 26, 2017
Zoology has the best advantage. Especially outside of the country. since it's a pure science course.

6 Likes

Re: Zoology Vs Food Science: Which Has More Prospects? by matrixme(m): 8:31pm On Nov 26, 2017
You better go for the food science. If you're a guy then that goes double as you have no need to hurry to get it right. Don't let anyone deceive you that first class in Zoology beats a third class in Food Science.
Well, except by the grace of God, you don't want to spend your time roaming the streets with a certificate without relevance. Many of our university courses in Nigeria today ought to be scrapped. No wonder alot of people are unemployable and unemployed. You're not in Sweden or France, you know.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zoology Vs Food Science: Which Has More Prospects? by blaquebelle: 8:45pm On Nov 26, 2017
matrixme:
You better go for the food science. If you're a guy then that goes double as you have no need to hurry to get it right. Don't let anyone deceive you that first class in Zoology beats a third class in Food Science.
Well, except by the grace of God, you don't want to spend your time roaming the streets with a certificate without relevance. Many of our university courses in Nigeria today ought to be scrapped. No wonder alot of people are unemployable and unemployed. You're not in Sweden or France, you know.
Thanks
Re: Zoology Vs Food Science: Which Has More Prospects? by Deicide: 8:48pm On Nov 26, 2017
Lol, how many zoo Nigeria get

2 Likes

Re: Zoology Vs Food Science: Which Has More Prospects? by unitysheart(m): 9:56am On Nov 27, 2017
Food science of course. Flour mills plenty for the country. Good job prospects dey. You can also start your own food processing company. Even many don jump from food science to catering too.

Anyways, na passion matter. If you love animal things you know where you fit go.

10 Likes

Re: Zoology Vs Food Science: Which Has More Prospects? by bazzyblings: 9:57am On Nov 27, 2017
embarassed
Re: Zoology Vs Food Science: Which Has More Prospects? by linked: 9:59am On Nov 27, 2017
Food Science definitely... Zoology doesn't come close

5 Likes

Re: Zoology Vs Food Science: Which Has More Prospects? by Donald7610: 9:59am On Nov 27, 2017
Whistle blower
Re: Zoology Vs Food Science: Which Has More Prospects? by Kevosky: 9:59am On Nov 27, 2017
Zoology of course. You can later become the president of Zoogeria, Sorry, Nigeria.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zoology Vs Food Science: Which Has More Prospects? by Donald7610: 9:59am On Nov 27, 2017
None worth night reading
Pick

Whistle blower

1 Like

Re: Zoology Vs Food Science: Which Has More Prospects? by Nobody: 9:59am On Nov 27, 2017
Normally it would have been food science but with d state of d country, zoology will give u a beta understanding & prospect... Lol

8 Likes

Re: Zoology Vs Food Science: Which Has More Prospects? by wwwtortoise(m): 9:59am On Nov 27, 2017
Food science is bera jaree. It has more practicality and relevance in this Zoo of a country.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zoology Vs Food Science: Which Has More Prospects? by ufotty2001: 9:59am On Nov 27, 2017
Nigeria is already a zoo! Why going for zoology again

2 Likes

Re: Zoology Vs Food Science: Which Has More Prospects? by Kylekent59: 9:59am On Nov 27, 2017
Oga, go make money.

1 Like 1 Share

None of them worth night reading
Pick

Whistle blower grin grin

1 Like

Re: Zoology Vs Food Science: Which Has More Prospects? by Diso60090(m): 9:59am On Nov 27, 2017
blaquebelle:

Thanks
Nor be thanks you hear wetin he talk
Re: Zoology Vs Food Science: Which Has More Prospects? by BruncleZuma: 9:59am On Nov 27, 2017
[b]Zoology...[/b]for the obvious reasons...
Re: Zoology Vs Food Science: Which Has More Prospects? by psychologist(m): 9:59am On Nov 27, 2017
Deicide:
Was your former president not a zoologist?
My dear, this days its not really bout Wat u study

7 Likes

Re: Zoology Vs Food Science: Which Has More Prospects? by myrrtle(m): 9:59am On Nov 27, 2017
food science

2 Likes

Re: Zoology Vs Food Science: Which Has More Prospects? by littlewonders: 9:59am On Nov 27, 2017
I believe it is not only Zoology. Many universities attach Environmental Biology to it.

In this country of ours what we read or graduate with doesn't matter. I will advice you go for which is not going to make you spend more years in school. Let your four years be four and nothing extra.

Many Topnotch studied courses like Botany, modern language, religious study and its ilk but are rather using their gift and connection to excel. Don't be confused. Go on with what you have at hand and please be serious about it, if not your grade will be affected greatly.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zoology Vs Food Science: Which Has More Prospects? by positivelord: 10:00am On Nov 27, 2017
IPOBian hiding under nonsense debate to call this great nation ZOO...You think I dont know..lookatew..

5 Likes

Re: Zoology Vs Food Science: Which Has More Prospects? by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 10:00am On Nov 27, 2017
Food science is definitely preferable.

2 Likes

Re: Zoology Vs Food Science: Which Has More Prospects? by 88natzy(m): 10:00am On Nov 27, 2017
Run from all this courses that ends with "ology" which means study of. They are not viable in the job market. But since you have dived into one already I advice you stay put and graduate then look for additional knowledge.
Zoology is good but food science is better and versatile.

3 Likes

Re: Zoology Vs Food Science: Which Has More Prospects? by erenax: 10:01am On Nov 27, 2017
Deicide:

grin grin grin grin
Re: Zoology Vs Food Science: Which Has More Prospects? by KayDEAN(m): 10:01am On Nov 27, 2017
cheesy� Nigerians are already zoologists from birth cos we live in a zoo

1 Like

Re: Zoology Vs Food Science: Which Has More Prospects? by Nobody: 10:01am On Nov 27, 2017
Food no get enemy, but no be everybody like animal.

2 Likes

Re: Zoology Vs Food Science: Which Has More Prospects? by VIPERVENOM(m): 10:01am On Nov 27, 2017
Go for zoology. You'll have a great chance of becoming the president of Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Zoology Vs Food Science: Which Has More Prospects? by Opelwonder(m): 10:01am On Nov 27, 2017
I heard Nigeria is a zoo. So zoology may b good for u. Bt if na me, i go take food science sharply. U can be self employed as a food scientist. Nt so much as a zoologist

1 Like

Re: Zoology Vs Food Science: Which Has More Prospects? by mamuzoOMAH(m): 10:01am On Nov 27, 2017
food science of course. u can't underestimate the power of food. I never knew there was a course like food science sha

2 Likes

Re: Zoology Vs Food Science: Which Has More Prospects? by iamdannyfc(m): 10:02am On Nov 27, 2017
With all the quack zoo wey we get 4 9ja... My brother Think.....
Well you still get hope of working in a bank,since nigeria itself is a zoo

Wetin even consign me self, me wey wan write exam(waec,neco,jamb) come dey do amebo instead make i dey Onlysage Community with serious students to dey do Question&Answer(Study)...
Lemme come and be goin
Re: Zoology Vs Food Science: Which Has More Prospects? by Nobody: 10:02am On Nov 27, 2017
Food science of course. Those our dead zoos

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Office Did You Hold In Secondary School? / 2019 UTME: JAMB Releases Withheld Results / Senate Passes Bill To Upgrade Ilaro Polytechnic To Technical University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.