Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,915 members, 7,824,841 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

Farm Workers / Labourers Available Anywhere In Nigeria - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Farm Workers / Labourers Available Anywhere In Nigeria (2203 Views)

How To Get Farm Labourers From The North / Hardworking & Trusted Annual Labourers (Workers) Are Urgently Needed / Do You Need Farm Workers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Farm Workers / Labourers Available Anywhere In Nigeria by jam04(m): 6:38am On Nov 27, 2017
One of the major challenges challenges we farmers face in Nigeria is availability of good and reliable hands to work on our farms.Anyone with a practical farm will understand this struggle even if your farm is 90% mechanized, you still need farm workers to assist with small manual works.

I struggled with this problem for 6 years till i sat down and think about how i can get over this problem hindering my farm smooth operations and growth. I have other ventures i am in to and i hate it when i get distracted due to complains from the farm that so so worker is under-performing or not following instructions, you are even lucky if you get workers in the first place. i solved my problem by researching into the kind of farm labour/workers we use on our farm. 80% of labourers come from Benin Republic (Cotonou), Togo and very few from Ghana. 10% from Benue and Kogi and about 5% from our south west here. i travelled to Benin republic (Cotonou) to make enquiries about bringing in able bodied men and women for farming activities to Nigeria and i made significant progress, after this i returned to Nigeria and went straight to ministry of labour and ministry of interior through my contact person in Abuja to make enquiries about what it requires to bring in workers from Benin republic to work in Nigeria.

I got all the info i needed and proceeded with documentations, went back to Benin Republic filed all papers and my workers (12 men and 3 ladies) all strolled in majestically through the idi roko border into Nigeria to the amazement of immigration men infact all government agencies we met at both the Benin Republic and Nigeria end of the border. I only gave those i think were friendly enough 'something' for tea and coke. One significant thing i noticed was that my workers had rest of mind while working on the farm without fear of being extorted by immigration officials on patrol( they even freely travel to the city for personal affairs during their free time) because they know they have their papers. They were also loyal and delivered optimally and for the first time in 6 years, i enjoyed my farming operations with increased output. Some of them are returning back next month while others want to renew their contract.

Are you also a farmer like myself who need able hands on his/her farm? Do you want hassle free process to get them to your farm and work under duly signed agreement? then i am the man to talk to. we can deliver farm hands to anywhere in Nigeria. Terms and condition apply.

All our farm hands have valid papers and legal backings to work in Nigeria.

Olayiwola Farms(A Div of penthouse Industry ltd)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Farm Workers / Labourers Available Anywhere In Nigeria by jam04(m): 6:39am On Nov 27, 2017
here

Re: Farm Workers / Labourers Available Anywhere In Nigeria by Charcoalcity: 6:55am On Nov 27, 2017
I need farm hands. I need 6 of them. Can you bring them?
Re: Farm Workers / Labourers Available Anywhere In Nigeria by jam04(m): 7:39am On Nov 27, 2017
Charcoalcity:
I need farm hands. I need 6 of them. Can you bring them?

We have them..send mail or call number on my signature
Re: Farm Workers / Labourers Available Anywhere In Nigeria by wiston09: 10:52pm On Feb 11, 2019
pls I need 10 farm workers.....email folisacfarms@gmail.com for your terms and condition. Thanks
Re: Farm Workers / Labourers Available Anywhere In Nigeria by AllAnglesFarm: 4:52pm On Oct 27, 2020
I need farm workers urgently, call 07058459292

Salary N20,000/month with accommodation
Re: Farm Workers / Labourers Available Anywhere In Nigeria by dedons: 9:38am On Oct 28, 2020
nice thread
Re: Farm Workers / Labourers Available Anywhere In Nigeria by Ariyo70: 7:16am On Oct 30, 2022
Really Nice thread!
Re: Farm Workers / Labourers Available Anywhere In Nigeria by Ariyo70: 7:20am On Oct 30, 2022
I want to go into farming business,but getting workers is my major problem there,since most Nigerians are not ready for farm business!
jam04:
One of the major challenges challenges we farmers face in Nigeria is availability of good and reliable hands to work on our farms.Anyone with a practical farm will understand this struggle even if your farm is 90% mechanized, you still need farm workers to assist with small manual works.

I struggled with this problem for 6 years till i sat down and think about how i can get over this problem hindering my farm smooth operations and growth. I have other ventures i am in to and i hate it when i get distracted due to complains from the farm that so so worker is under-performing or not following instructions, you are even lucky if you get workers in the first place. i solved my problem by researching into the kind of farm labour/workers we use on our farm. 80% of labourers come from Benin Republic (Cotonou), Togo and very few from Ghana. 10% from Benue and Kogi and about 5% from our south west here. i travelled to Benin republic (Cotonou) to make enquiries about bringing in able bodied men and women for farming activities to Nigeria and i made significant progress, after this i returned to Nigeria and went straight to ministry of labour and ministry of interior through my contact person in Abuja to make enquiries about what it requires to bring in workers from Benin republic to work in Nigeria.

I got all the info i needed and proceeded with documentations, went back to Benin Republic filed all papers and my workers (12 men and 3 ladies) all strolled in majestically through the idi roko border into Nigeria to the amazement of immigration men infact all government agencies we met at both the Benin Republic and Nigeria end of the border. I only gave those i think were friendly enough 'something' for tea and coke. One significant thing i noticed was that my workers had rest of mind while working on the farm without fear of being extorted by immigration officials on patrol( they even freely travel to the city for personal affairs during their free time) because they know they have their papers. They were also loyal and delivered optimally and for the first time in 6 years, i enjoyed my farming operations with increased output. Some of them are returning back next month while others want to renew their contract.

Are you also a farmer like myself who need able hands on his/her farm? Do you want hassle free process to get them to your farm and work under duly signed agreement? then i am the man to talk to. we can deliver farm hands to anywhere in Nigeria. Terms and condition apply.

All our farm hands have valid papers and legal backings to work in Nigeria.

Olayiwola Farms(A Div of penthouse Industry ltd)

Re: Farm Workers / Labourers Available Anywhere In Nigeria by Ifindthings: 3:42pm On Feb 16, 2023
Hi! Do you still have farm workers for hire? Needed urgently in Abuja, just 2.

(1) (Reply)

Farms.ng: Operating A Successful Piggery Enterprise In Nigeria / How To Make Millions From Agricultural Business In Nigeria. / How We Made It Into Tomato Processing Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.