Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,401 members, 7,836,608 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:32 AM

Jehovah's Witness Bride Wears Simple Ash Coloured Gown To Her White Wedding - Events (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Jehovah's Witness Bride Wears Simple Ash Coloured Gown To Her White Wedding (63677 Views)

Nigerian Man Dies One Week To His White Wedding (Photo) / Bride Blasted For Kneeling Down To Greet Guests At Her White Wedding / Small, Physically Challenged Man Marries Pretty Lady. White Wedding Pics Trend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jehovah's Witness Bride Wears Simple Ash Coloured Gown To Her White Wedding by Garshyzee(m): 4:02pm On Nov 27, 2017
shebi they are happy? And will go home together to lash?
And they will live happy together.?
Then i gat no problems with the outfit..its better dan borrowing money to buy wedding dress and be paying debt continually

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witness Bride Wears Simple Ash Coloured Gown To Her White Wedding by Heartbender: 4:03pm On Nov 27, 2017
But that lady looks like she has passed menopause. My dear, even if it's me, I won't mind getting wedded in a 'wrapper' as long as I end up married. grin

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witness Bride Wears Simple Ash Coloured Gown To Her White Wedding by Kendroid: 4:03pm On Nov 27, 2017
gretblue:

You have simply made a good decision.
If not the best grin
Re: Jehovah's Witness Bride Wears Simple Ash Coloured Gown To Her White Wedding by enemyofprogress: 4:06pm On Nov 27, 2017
She will be very lazy in bed
Re: Jehovah's Witness Bride Wears Simple Ash Coloured Gown To Her White Wedding by omoelerin1: 4:14pm On Nov 27, 2017
UbanmeUdie:
shocked

Africans have no mind of their own. Inferiority complex is still a plague amongst us with no vaccine nor cure for it yet.

For an African, white wedding is only a display of foolishness. The most important part of a wedding is parental consent and acceptance of bride price.

I think many Nigerian youth should do a little research on the history of weddings as obtainable in different parts of the world.

The subtle use of 'church wedding' instead of white wedding is what has affected the brains of Africans.

There is no such thing as church wedding!
Someone should please point it out from the bible. I think this is where we need Daddy freeze.

What is obtainable from Isaac and Rebekah, Jacob and Rachel is simply a traditional wedding. The wedding at Cana in John 3 where Jesus was a guest was a traditional wedding.

Now, I am not against exchange of marital vows in church and prophetic blessings for the marriage, however how we go about it is wrong!

We end up conducting two different wedding ceremonies for a couple.

I think the christian faith has got it all wrong as far as weddings is concerned in Africa. Because what we are suffering now is simply a conflict between the church and our tradition. Let everyone getting married invite their pastor to the tradition wedding to pray and lead them in exchange of marital vows after bride price has been paid or do so on Sunday in church during thanksgiving for the wedding.

The suit and the wedding gown is totally the white man's tradition and wedding ritual.

The couple above had it simple and worthy of an applause!
There's is no way you embrace foreign religion without adopting some elements of culture and tradition of the Originator of such religion.
Religion and culture/tradition Cannot be totally separated.
I think this is one of the root cause of Africa's plights.

To be Sincere, there are certain elements of European culture and tradition in the christianity that was handed over to Africa, which has nothing to do with christianity as a religion.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witness Bride Wears Simple Ash Coloured Gown To Her White Wedding by capitalzero: 4:15pm On Nov 27, 2017
ajebuter:

I'm a Jehovah's witness and it's not 'our style as you said.

Jehovah's witnesses elders would tell you before you get married to do so according to your pocket

Family of the bride would even be told to be extremely moderate in their demand for bride price and bride wealth

They tell you to remember life begins after the wedding not before or during the wedding

You may even face judicial panel if you incur debt after wedding and people start dragging you for your indebtedness

So, basically in JW, if you have money, large wedding and if you dont, have small wedding

ANd congregation members would be told not to get offended if they are not invited, it simply means the couple is managing according to their finances and we all respect that.

.in addition, to
do not be pressurize into having expensive wedding. I know jw who had simple wedding, though they could afford elaborate wedding.

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witness Bride Wears Simple Ash Coloured Gown To Her White Wedding by GlenChestnut: 4:19pm On Nov 27, 2017
HeyCorleone:
Until we understand that this so called "white wedding" is nothing other than the traditional marriage of most European countries, then we would stop placing so much emphasis and hype on it..

.According to Bob Marley "emancipate yourself from mental slavery..."
May Allah bless your entire generation. Africans are real mugus. uncivilised yet claim to be most civilised by show of fashion and yeye celebrations. Benjamin and Donald said it all.
Re: Jehovah's Witness Bride Wears Simple Ash Coloured Gown To Her White Wedding by Investnow2017: 4:21pm On Nov 27, 2017
jericco1:
you can't blame them. that's what they could afford.

Not necessarily.
Re: Jehovah's Witness Bride Wears Simple Ash Coloured Gown To Her White Wedding by jericco1(m): 4:23pm On Nov 27, 2017
Investnow2017:

Not necessarily.
why that?
Re: Jehovah's Witness Bride Wears Simple Ash Coloured Gown To Her White Wedding by Investnow2017: 4:28pm On Nov 27, 2017
jericco1:

why that?

People may choose to be simple not necessarily because they cannot afford ultra-luxury, it may well be a principle they want to maintain. That is my point.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witness Bride Wears Simple Ash Coloured Gown To Her White Wedding by jericco1(m): 4:29pm On Nov 27, 2017
Investnow2017:

Not necessarily.
why that?
Re: Jehovah's Witness Bride Wears Simple Ash Coloured Gown To Her White Wedding by Ucheamani(m): 4:29pm On Nov 27, 2017
Have you ever read about a Christian celebrating Christ's birth in the Bible or any other birthday at all? Do some research, Christmas is very popular but that doesn't erase its pagan origin.
(quote author=kenny714433 post=62762426]Abeg which denomination is dat? Someone shld help me out.......

That was how one of their members came to me on Sunday, after a hot christ d king treck..... Telling me; celebrating Xmas and birthday is a sin....... If u see how i finished him... He forgot his Bible in my room and ran away. [/quote]
Re: Jehovah's Witness Bride Wears Simple Ash Coloured Gown To Her White Wedding by jericco1(m): 4:30pm On Nov 27, 2017
Investnow2017:

People may choose to be simple not necessarily because they cannot afford ultra-luxury, it may well be a principle they want to maintain. That is my point.

white wedding is not ultra luxury na.
maybe they have their reasons.
Re: Jehovah's Witness Bride Wears Simple Ash Coloured Gown To Her White Wedding by noskcid(m): 4:31pm On Nov 27, 2017
.r=Livefreeordieha post=62763132]true talk but when is time for u to marry offer cream color or orange to ur bride because u know about her abortions and exes and the escapades on Facebook...

If she agrees your negotiating prowess will be needed in yemen and Syria �����[/quote]

Oga I only gave little explanation on white dress for wedding and not in anyway condemning any color you or anybody chose
So, what's my bride, color, exes, abortion etc doing in this matter and the word of God gave pple like u opportunity to ask for wisdom o but u will never ask with faith and that's y u don't have.
James 1:5-6:
Re: Jehovah's Witness Bride Wears Simple Ash Coloured Gown To Her White Wedding by Ajixegun: 4:32pm On Nov 27, 2017
UbanmeUdie:
shocked

Africans have no mind of their own. Inferiority complex is still a plague amongst us with no vaccine nor cure for it yet.

For an African, white wedding is only a display of foolishness. The most important part of a wedding is parental consent and acceptance of bride price.

I think many Nigerian youth should do a little research on the history of weddings as obtainable in different parts of the world.

The subtle use of 'church wedding' instead of white wedding is what has affected the brains of Africans.

There is no such thing as church wedding!
Someone should please point it out from the bible. I think this is where we need Daddy freeze.

What is obtainable from Isaac and Rebekah, Jacob and Rachel is simply a traditional wedding. The wedding at Cana in John 3 where Jesus was a guest was a traditional wedding.

Now, I am not against exchange of marital vows in church and prophetic blessings for the marriage, however how we go about it is wrong!

We end up conducting two different wedding ceremonies for a couple.

I think the christian faith has got it all wrong as far as weddings is concerned in Africa. Because what we are suffering now is simply a conflict between the church and our tradition. Let everyone getting married invite their pastor to the tradition wedding to pray and lead them in exchange of marital vows after bride price has been paid or do so on Sunday in church during thanksgiving for the wedding.

The suit and the wedding gown is totally the white man's tradition and wedding ritual.

The couple above had it simple and worthy of an applause!

Nice "string" bro and boolean is true, this is pattern I am going to adopt.
Re: Jehovah's Witness Bride Wears Simple Ash Coloured Gown To Her White Wedding by noskcid(m): 4:35pm On Nov 27, 2017
Oga I only gave little explanation on white dress for wedding and not in anyway condemning any color you or anybody chose
So, what's my bride, color, exes, abortion etc doing in this matter and the word of God gave pple like u opportunity to ask for wisdom o but u will never ask with faith and that's y u don't have.
James 1:5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. 1:6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed

true talk but when is time for u to marry offer cream color or orange to ur bride because u know about her abortions and exes and the escapades on Facebook...

If she agrees your negotiating prowess will be needed in yemen and Syria �����[/quote]
Re: Jehovah's Witness Bride Wears Simple Ash Coloured Gown To Her White Wedding by piagetskinner(m): 4:37pm On Nov 27, 2017
na Jehovah witness them b now..

this one no be white wedding
na grey wedding
Re: Jehovah's Witness Bride Wears Simple Ash Coloured Gown To Her White Wedding by selfemployed(m): 4:42pm On Nov 27, 2017
Igboblog:
These photos have got people talking after the lady who supposed to rock her white wedding gown to the alter decided to wear something simple. According to Facebook user who shared it...
'
''And someone just did what I've always imagined! Now i guess we have demystified white wedding. I love this! I wish I was there at the wedding.'' ladies can you wear this to your white wedding? Drop your comments
See photos below

Source : http://www.ndigbotvnews.com/2017/11/unbelievable-see-what-this-lady-wore-to.html?m=1

Beautiful
Re: Jehovah's Witness Bride Wears Simple Ash Coloured Gown To Her White Wedding by Livefreeordieha(m): 4:46pm On Nov 27, 2017
noskcid:
.r=Livefreeordieha post=62763132]true talk but when is time for u to marry offer cream color or orange to ur bride because u know about her abortions and exes and the escapades on Facebook...

If she agrees your negotiating prowess will be needed in yemen and Syria �����

i think you and your family will also need to meditate on those verses...Thank me later however..
Re: Jehovah's Witness Bride Wears Simple Ash Coloured Gown To Her White Wedding by noskcid(m): 4:53pm On Nov 27, 2017
Livefreeordieha:
i think you and your family will also need to meditate on those verses...Thank me later however..

grin e pain you abi
Re: Jehovah's Witness Bride Wears Simple Ash Coloured Gown To Her White Wedding by carrybreeze: 4:53pm On Nov 27, 2017
finally ur home is what u make of it. who says this wedding will not be as glorious as the couple desire. I spent money on my wedding again but e no matter. trust me this is as cool and as glamorous as banky and adesua's.
Re: Jehovah's Witness Bride Wears Simple Ash Coloured Gown To Her White Wedding by Livefreeordieha(m): 5:01pm On Nov 27, 2017
noskcid:

grin e pain you abi
see as your village people dey dance azonto with your destiny...U still dey jonz...I hail your commitment to your own daftness oooo...

Re: Jehovah's Witness Bride Wears Simple Ash Coloured Gown To Her White Wedding by noskcid(m): 5:03pm On Nov 27, 2017
Livefreeordieha:
see as your village people dey dance azonto with your destiny...U still dey jonz...I hail your commitment to your own daftness oooo...

grin
Re: Jehovah's Witness Bride Wears Simple Ash Coloured Gown To Her White Wedding by nextstep(m): 5:09pm On Nov 27, 2017
Threebear:
She's better than most women, at least she respected herself and wore that colour.
I know some olosho's that their sex life can fill the pages of a note book, that still wore white to their wedding.

Sounds like you're subtly throwing some shade her way... wetin consine color of dress and her history?
Re: Jehovah's Witness Bride Wears Simple Ash Coloured Gown To Her White Wedding by sylve11: 5:22pm On Nov 27, 2017
Threebear:
She's better than most women, at least she respected herself and wore that colour.
I know some olosho's that their sex life can fill the pages of a note book, that still wore white to their wedding.

Jesu! grin grin cool
Re: Jehovah's Witness Bride Wears Simple Ash Coloured Gown To Her White Wedding by Nobody: 5:43pm On Nov 27, 2017
Igboblog:
These photos have got people talking after the lady who supposed to rock her white wedding gown to the alter decided to wear something simple. According to Facebook user who shared it...
'
''And someone just did what I've always imagined! Now i guess we have demystified white wedding. I love this! I wish I was there at the wedding.'' ladies can you wear this to your white wedding? Drop your comments
See photos below

Source : http://www.ndigbotvnews.com/2017/11/unbelievable-see-what-this-lady-wore-to.html?m=1

Extremist Organization. grin
Re: Jehovah's Witness Bride Wears Simple Ash Coloured Gown To Her White Wedding by sammiepraise(m): 5:48pm On Nov 27, 2017
makes sense na.
its not the wedding that matters but the marriage.
Re: Jehovah's Witness Bride Wears Simple Ash Coloured Gown To Her White Wedding by centboy123456(m): 6:33pm On Nov 27, 2017
shobroy10:
That's the meaning of cut ur cloth According to ur size

I dey tell u my brother
Re: Jehovah's Witness Bride Wears Simple Ash Coloured Gown To Her White Wedding by centboy123456(m): 6:39pm On Nov 27, 2017
kenny714433:
Abeg which denomination is dat? Someone shld help me out.......

That was how one of their members came to me on Sunday, after a hot christ d king treck..... Telling me; celebrating Xmas and birthday is a sin....... If u see how i finished him... He forgot his Bible in my room and ran away.

how did u
finished him
tell us
Re: Jehovah's Witness Bride Wears Simple Ash Coloured Gown To Her White Wedding by brosammy(m): 8:01pm On Nov 27, 2017
There is beauty in simplicity
Re: Jehovah's Witness Bride Wears Simple Ash Coloured Gown To Her White Wedding by Artistree: 8:12pm On Nov 27, 2017
kelechisblog:
Their church be jehova's witness nah (ama jehova).
Na their style
Na lie
Re: Jehovah's Witness Bride Wears Simple Ash Coloured Gown To Her White Wedding by EmpressT(f): 8:26pm On Nov 27, 2017
Wow! I must say I am impressed by this. It shouldn't be mandatory for ladies to wear a white wedding dress to church. And if she wants to, she should be decent about it. Me, I love am die.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Scots Couple Wed, Ditch Clothes And Invite Island Goat As Only Guest / Nigerian Couple Release Pre-Wedding Photo Shot inside Toilet with Groom 'Pooing' / White People Dress As Blacks And Carry Nigerian Flag For Halloween (Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.