Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,920 members, 7,824,868 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 07:39 PM

Article - R I S E Up! W O M A N - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Article - R I S E Up! W O M A N (499 Views)

M.A.R.Y... A Supernatural Story / W O M A N / [story]o.g.b.a.n.j.e (the Child Of Thunder) Chapter 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Article - R I S E Up! W O M A N by Stephenko(m): 5:57pm On Nov 27, 2017
R I S E UP! W O M AN.

The world is changing, women are still been fought for their equal rights all round the world, but it looks shady yet true to say that - Nigerian women are milking this opportunities they have ‘has women of pride’.
Over the years, especially in the 40’s, countless brave women stood up to fight! for liberty, equal pay, equal right to vote and own properties. I wonder if they smile seeing our young women [of now] giving up on their impetuous dreams of becoming women of valor in the society, and settling for less - looking sharp for rich dudes to put a roof over their heads even when they could be owning a mansion.
Just to remind you - that there was a time the world never gave record of your existence as seen in the holy bible; but strong women fought for that; then how come you complain weak and insecure to work harder than men in the society.
It’s time to rise up Woman! and take charge cause there’s plenty of space to plant whatever dream seed you have in this land so... green. Show men - who runs this world? - GIRL!; rewrite your dreams : make them bigger and better; Work harder: men are working hard.
Charlotte Whitton - whatever women do, they must do twice as well as men to be thought half has good. Luckily, this is not difficult.

Day dreamed about writing this a article long time ago - i saw a beautiful future where women were lined up for a photo shoot as great leaders and investors with few men amongst them : dominating every sector in Nigeria; but then i came back to the present - oh my...you were all still sleeping.
You complain there are no spaces for women in our society; that’s a regular babies cry till great women like Mary Slessor stood on two feet and stooped the killing of twins. It’s high time you set foot on those dreams of yours, move like a champ and fulfill destiny.

Chimamanda Ngozi Adiche - you must never ‘behave’ as if your life belongs to a man.
I see women as strong. Not just emotionally - Mentally; Record breakers; Goal achievers: who won’t stop at nothing to get what they want. Fighters; Champs! - like i love to call them.
Women who for years will wait even with their tight timed future to achieve their aims and goals... I’ve been privileged to know a few women like that and i’m indeed grateful for our friendship.
So many Men have tried and given up the second time, even women to; yet, the point here is that -YOU’RE STRONG... AND CAN ALSO DO THE UNTHINKABLE; so challenge yourself today.
"It's more than just voicing those words - 'you're strong' ; PROVE IT ! "

I see women has confident : Women who can stand up for themselves; women whom when they speak are like roaring lionesses, devouring the hearts of men; Women with style, women who know what they want, women who are never scared of ‘Shame’ : they walk through it until the rain pours down to wash them away; Women who never change up to fix up; This my my definition of a confident woman. But then a question breached through my heart asking if a married woman should be... this confident towards her MAN? - My only answer for confident women out there or for those growing up to be confident, is that : marry a man that loves your definition but always give ears to his suggestions.

I see women has brilliant & smart. Weeks ago, my friend and i were having a chat; then i told him how happy i was for a female graduate wining the best graduating student in my fellowship. Then he talked about how he doesn’t like females being the first... My heart melted at his bias statement and i felt wounded that this mentality still exist amongst men.
But being at the top in class is not just what i want women to fight for. I also want you woman to be ambassadors of greatness, never let men subdue you; be a superwoman with a superman soul; be sharp and most of all - Decisive.
Mary Shelley - I do not wish women have power over men; but over themselves.

I see women has spiritual. God did not just give women that ability to keep new humans for nine months for nothing. To me - they are the most complete and the best creation of God. Men should have been the best creation but when God saw the role of a women, he had to remove a rib off the man; he also had to make them not as physically strong as men so they won’t will too much strength: Reasons why they are so sensitive; reasons why you can’t compare the blessing of a woman to a man; reasons why he had to tame them with marriage so as to suppress their divine nature cause they can sometimes be vicious if too loose or not well sprung. A spiritual woman can make any man - Great, even if he has nothing. I urge every woman out there to have a close relationship with God.

Finally,I see woman has equal. I can write a whole novel about gender equality just by staring at my experiences and how living with two sister has been like. But then, this is to men - who feels women need to kiss your feet cause of the bride price you paid; who still feels given women respect is a sign of weakness: still feel they belong to the kitchen, still feel their place is never at the top, still feel they can’t handle big jobs, still feels they don't have anything to fight for: just get educated, marry and that’s all; still feels their work is just to get pregnant; still feels they shouldn’t be more wealthier than you; still see women as weak , inferior, and like water sachet you squeeze and throw away just to satisfy your inner thirst. But NO!; Women are powerful; they are woman of virtue...women of pride... Champs... - So respect that! and unscrew those mentality of yours.

Woman, listen to me, i have less concern about the measure of situation you are right now, but i’m telling you with all confidence in me that you are stronger than it. You are smart enough to be the best. Inquote - you are a queen.

To end it all, i speak to women out there to dare the impossible...; not scared nor afraid of failure and never scared of being alone. Show men you run this country; wake up from your sleep and RISE UP!

“Women deserve equal respect as men to be treated equally’’ #supportfeminism.

GOD BLESS EVERY WOMEN OUT THERE.

Onifemi47@gmail.com

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Article - R I S E Up! W O M A N by AloyalNigerian(m): 7:09pm On Nov 27, 2017
Wow.
This is so inspiring. Touching and will wake a sleeping woman from her slumber.
Thumbs up bro.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

The Frail One / Hidden Love (short Story ) / Nigeria: Street Slangs You Must Know When You Are In Lagos (part Two)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.