Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,406 members, 7,819,439 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:21 PM

10 SUREFIRE WAYS TO IMPROVE YOUR MEMORY - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 10 SUREFIRE WAYS TO IMPROVE YOUR MEMORY (1629 Views)

11 Simple Ways To Improve Your Memory / See 4 Types Of Food That Can Boost Up Your Memory As A Student / 20 Study Hacks To Improve Your Memory In 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 SUREFIRE WAYS TO IMPROVE YOUR MEMORY by TheEdvocate: 6:14pm On Nov 27, 2017
While some of us are born genius, most of us desire to be a genius (but only few of us are actually trying to be a genius). This post is not for those that can remember faces, names, directions, and other information easily. Rather, it is for you, my friend, who forgets things easily. These ten tricks will help you remember more stuffs, cure forgetfulness, pass your tests, and be a genius.

10 ways to keep things in memory

1. Chunking Technique
Also called grouping. It is the technique used in writing the numbers on the debit card: 1234 5678 9101 1121. Chunking means grouping items by finding patterns and organizing them accordingly. So, if you want to remember that phone number, birthdays, or account number: group them.

2. Mnemonic Devices
This trick is very common. And you must have used it at one time or the other. Remember ROYGBIV? The arrangement of the rainbow colours – Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, and Violet. Mnemonics refers to using patterns, letters, or ideas to aid memory. Using acronyms and mnemonics can help you remember the order of things.

3. Visual Memory
Human memory is rooted in visual memory, that’s why most geniuses have photographic memory. Paint a picture of whatever you want to remember – dates, names, etc. Connecting a visual to whatever you want to memorise makes a stronger impression on your brain.

4. Make it Musical and Rhyme
Ever wondered why we hardly forget songs? Give a rhythm to it, and it will stick like your favourite song.

5. Repetition
Repetition aids retention. Practice makes perfect. As simple as ABC! Continuous reading or recitation reinforces an information into the long term memory. I know the phone number o of my parents by heart because I dial their numbers very often.

6. Write It Out
Repetition is a key and works even better when written down. The faintest pencil is sharper than the smartest brain. Information written down can never be forgotten. Write it out, before long, you will know it by heart.

7. Associate what you’re trying to learn with what you already know
There is nothing new under the sun. There is an association between what you are trying to learn and what you already know, link them. I always remember my friend’s birthday because we went to the same school, her birth month is August – I’m 5th and she’s 31st, and she’s my friend. The more connections you have to information, the more likely you are to remember it.

8. Read Out Loud (ROL!)
When you read in silence (or in your head) you use only your sense of vision. But when you ROL, you engage two senses – vision and hearing, thus, helping to engrain the info into your head.

9. Get Enough Sleep
If you want your brain to work well, give it enough rest. Research shows that sleep triggers changes in the brain that solidify memories by improving brain cell connections. The brain needs sleep to make a memory stick.

10. Eat Well
70% of the food you consume is used by the brain. You don’t have to finish a buffet to eat well; follow simple principles like eating breakfast, eating fruits, etc.

This article was first published on [url]blog.brainstormr.com[/url]

1 Like

Re: 10 SUREFIRE WAYS TO IMPROVE YOUR MEMORY by Nobody: 6:26pm On Nov 27, 2017
nice
Re: 10 SUREFIRE WAYS TO IMPROVE YOUR MEMORY by Desyner: 6:54pm On Nov 27, 2017
Eat well, get enough sleep,
Re: 10 SUREFIRE WAYS TO IMPROVE YOUR MEMORY by boss01: 9:19pm On Nov 27, 2017
Make sense
Re: 10 SUREFIRE WAYS TO IMPROVE YOUR MEMORY by Aminu212: 9:46pm On Nov 27, 2017
Space booked successfully.
Thanks op.
Re: 10 SUREFIRE WAYS TO IMPROVE YOUR MEMORY by ades0la(f): 11:16pm On Nov 27, 2017
Thanks
Re: 10 SUREFIRE WAYS TO IMPROVE YOUR MEMORY by CyberGypsy(m): 1:14am On Nov 28, 2017
Learnt new things !!! Nice Thread FP Worthy
Lala comman push it there... wake me up with Likes if it did made fb
Re: 10 SUREFIRE WAYS TO IMPROVE YOUR MEMORY by Deicide: 3:50am On Nov 28, 2017
11. Smoke weed grin
Re: 10 SUREFIRE WAYS TO IMPROVE YOUR MEMORY by TrendedNG(f): 6:50am On Nov 28, 2017
Very nice
Re: 10 SUREFIRE WAYS TO IMPROVE YOUR MEMORY by TheEdvocate: 3:14pm On Nov 28, 2017
Desyner:
Eat well, get enough sleep,

very important.
Re: 10 SUREFIRE WAYS TO IMPROVE YOUR MEMORY by TheEdvocate: 3:16pm On Nov 28, 2017
CyberGypsy:
Learnt new things !!!
Nice Thread
FP Worthy

Lala comman push it there...
wake me up with Likes if it did made fp

Okay. Hopefully Lala will push it to FP (that is if he is not deep asleep)

(1) (Reply)

Putting Together Good Letters Of Recommendation / Study And Work In Australia / View Of Train Driving Through yaba Market (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.