Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,256 members, 7,818,877 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:08 AM

Nairalanders: Help Benjamin Tola Regain His Hearing - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nairalanders: Help Benjamin Tola Regain His Hearing (1661 Views)

Tola Salau Bags Doctorate Degree At US Varsity / IPOB: Why Nnamdi Kanu May Never Regain his Freedom Again / Dear Nairalanders,help Identify This Snake (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairalanders: Help Benjamin Tola Regain His Hearing by tejpot(m): 8:54pm On Nov 27, 2017
Hello Nairalanders, I am sharing a post from my friends facebook post. We attended our Masters Programme together. Her son Benjamin Oluwafolajimi TOLA whos is just two years old is in dare need of surgery for a hearing impairment condition known as Severe to Profound Sensorineural Hearing Loss (SNHL).

The hearing test results indicate that he can only hear less than 20 percent of what is optimal for him and this is the reason he has not been able to achieve meaningful speech at two years old.

The only treatment requires that he undergoes an operation at the Department of ENT, National Hospital Abuja, Nigeria, to have the Bilateral Cochlear Implant inserted to enable him Hear and subsequently achieve Speech. The ENT Consultant doctor has advised that this procedure must be carried out compulsorily latest by January, 2018.

The cost of the operation is 11.3 Million Naira (about 32,000 US Dollars). This sum is too huge for her very young conjugal family and immediate extended family to raise. We would appreciate every bit you can give as your little drops will make an ocean for her baby.

A gofundme account has been set up for that purpose. Here is her mother's post on facebook

https://www.gofundme.com/benjamin-tolas-cochlear-implants

(Please help share.Thank you.)
Good day friends and family.
Please help support this cause for my baby. I had to use an American address (my friend's) because this fundraising platform cannot be used in Nigeria where we currently live.
Those in Nigeria can please support by sending their donations to this account:
Bank:Access Bank Nigeria
Account name: Dr. Tola Monday
Account number: 0043637863
To confirm this message is not a scam, you can reach either of us on our mobile numbers
Tola Monday: +2348027180211
Tola Oluwatomilayo : +2348171016556
Thank you and God bless you all. Amen.

Any medical document required as a proof will be provided by Benjamin's mum (Tola Oluwatomilayo) and dad (Tola Monday).

I and other friends of her mum have started little contribution to support a campaign for Benjamin. We plan to post his banner on some well known platforms that can help propagate this cause. Your suggestions on this forum are welcomed.

Please kindly help move this to the front page. God bless you all!
cc:
Tosyne2much
myndd44
Lalasticlala
Seun
Ishilove
Fynestboi

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Nairalanders: Help Benjamin Tola Regain His Hearing by toyinbeau: 6:00pm On Nov 28, 2017
I saw it on LinkedIn on a friend's page. I was moved. I pray Nigerians help, and I pray God steps in for this boy. He must not go deaf.

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders: Help Benjamin Tola Regain His Hearing by tejpot(m): 3:58am On Nov 29, 2017
toyinbeau:
I saw it on LinkedIn on a friend's page. I was moved. I pray Nigerians help, and I pray God steps in for this boy. He must not go deaf.
I pray so too. Thanks a lot for your support.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders: Help Benjamin Tola Regain His Hearing by tejpot(m): 4:17am On Nov 29, 2017
I have also attached the available medical report obtained from National Hospital Abuja to that effect. Well meaning Nairalanders and moderators, see to it that this topic gets to the front page.

Re: Nairalanders: Help Benjamin Tola Regain His Hearing by tejpot(m): 12:49pm On Nov 29, 2017
I hope a kind moderator will notice this and help. Thanks
Re: Nairalanders: Help Benjamin Tola Regain His Hearing by MaryBenn(f): 2:10pm On Nov 29, 2017
cry cry cry cry

This little soul, God will take control
Re: Nairalanders: Help Benjamin Tola Regain His Hearing by tejpot(m): 2:26pm On Nov 29, 2017
MaryBenn:
cry cry cry cry

This little soul, God will take control

Amen. thanks for your show of concern.
Re: Nairalanders: Help Benjamin Tola Regain His Hearing by iamleumas: 2:39pm On Nov 29, 2017
Lalasticlala cry
Re: Nairalanders: Help Benjamin Tola Regain His Hearing by Donald3d(m): 2:42pm On Nov 29, 2017
Chai
Re: Nairalanders: Help Benjamin Tola Regain His Hearing by tejpot(m): 2:44pm On Nov 29, 2017
iamleumas:
Lalasticlala cry

I have been calling him since ooooo. May be I should shout SNAKEEEEEEEEEE undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders: Help Benjamin Tola Regain His Hearing by damola1: 2:50pm On Nov 29, 2017
Noted
Re: Nairalanders: Help Benjamin Tola Regain His Hearing by ATTITUDE2: 3:26pm On Nov 29, 2017
Same issue am facing with my hearing loss. I pray that a helper shall locate him.

Being deaf isn't new or the end of his life. I suggest he should be introduce to the deaf community and he should start learning sign language.

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders: Help Benjamin Tola Regain His Hearing by tejpot(m): 3:34pm On Nov 29, 2017
ATTITUDE2:
Same issue am facing with my hearing loss. I pray that a helper shall locate him.

Being deaf isn't new or the end of his life. I suggest he should be introduce to the deaf community and he should start learning sign language.
Thanks for your concern sir. But you know something can be done early enough to reverse this!
Re: Nairalanders: Help Benjamin Tola Regain His Hearing by ipobarecriminals: 4:36pm On Nov 29, 2017
one single miserable THIEF can pay off this lil man medical expense but whosai?Dey preferred to spend it on hookers,wine,cars.U can try that National thieves Like baba Ajeku iya le o je fame/Ilorin chief thief .I nor mention anybody name oo.Write ur state gov,dey can drop.Send sos to Aisha office.All will be well
Re: Nairalanders: Help Benjamin Tola Regain His Hearing by tejpot(m): 5:21pm On Nov 29, 2017
ipobarecriminals:
one single miserable THIEF can pay off this lil man medical expense but whosai?Dey preferred to spend it on hookers,wine,cars.U can try that National thieves Like baba Ajeku iya le o je fame/Ilorin chief thief .I nor mention anybody name oo.Write ur state gov,dey can drop.Send sos to Aisha office.All will be well

Thanks very much. That is a nice suggestion and I will relay the message to the boy's parent.
Re: Nairalanders: Help Benjamin Tola Regain His Hearing by Omocash: 5:47pm On Nov 29, 2017
Dear nairalanders, please help Benjamin Tola regain his hearing back likewise speech as he can only learn to speak once he can hear properly....he is just 2 years old and he is the son of a dear friend. Please help raise fund for the cochlear implant and God will bless you as you do so.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders: Help Benjamin Tola Regain His Hearing by tejpot(m): 6:41pm On Nov 29, 2017
Omocash:
Dear nairalanders, please help Benjamin Tola regain his hearing back likewise speech as he can only learn to speak once her can hear properly....he is jusy 2 years old and is the son of a dear friend. Please help raise fund for the cochlear implant and God will bless you as you do so.
Thanks very much for adding your voice!
Re: Nairalanders: Help Benjamin Tola Regain His Hearing by ipobarecriminals: 6:53pm On Nov 29, 2017
tejpot:

Thanks very much. That is a nice suggestion and I will relay the message to the boy's parent.
he should friend/follow Kogi state senator Ajeku iya on Twitter.He is always online there.Just send SOS to those powerful THIEVES ,davido. etc.Something good go surely com out.Dnt rely on NLders alone. Some of us are even looking toward to xmas/how to evade "yelutide Almajiris".

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders: Help Benjamin Tola Regain His Hearing by Omocash: 7:00pm On Nov 29, 2017
Welldone Topjet, you are welcome
Re: Nairalanders: Help Benjamin Tola Regain His Hearing by ipobarecriminals: 7:09pm On Nov 29, 2017
ATTITUDE2:

it neva reach that stage.There's solution to every problem. Every problem have expire date.The one who made us have every spare part of our system in heaven..OBJ foundation gave hearing aids to some people momths back..Time to bombard every thread%post with SOS.May God help us
Re: Nairalanders: Help Benjamin Tola Regain His Hearing by ipobarecriminals: 7:17pm On Nov 29, 2017
which state is the father from. If u live/work in Abuja,he need to run well ooo.from National Assembly, to Lunda ikeji,to Punch, Irji kalu etc.If tge fada sabi runz well,it won't be long.
Re: Nairalanders: Help Benjamin Tola Regain His Hearing by ipobarecriminals: 7:24pm On Nov 29, 2017
lipsrsealed undecided lipsrsealed embarassed grin@ tejpot,i nor say y should go call dem THIEVES. OO lipsrsealed.As for omo baba oloye aka Saraki,his PA dey run his twitter/fb account, i doubt the thief have time for such(caveat, nor cal him thief).Just salute him well. and post all the boy pic/medical letter. and yes,contact ATIKU,something tel me dat he'll help.Contact him on Twitter.
Re: Nairalanders: Help Benjamin Tola Regain His Hearing by d33types: 7:54pm On Nov 29, 2017
ATTITUDE2:

Must everybody be like you? Can't you hear that there's hope for him as a small boy?
I am shocked to see your trash statement in your second paragraph. You're the one supposed to ginger us for donations..
Re: Nairalanders: Help Benjamin Tola Regain His Hearing by ATTITUDE2: 9:06pm On Nov 29, 2017
[quote author=d33types post=62832395]

Must everybody be like you? Can't you hear that there's hope for him as a small boy?
I am shocked to see your trash statement in your second paragraph. You're the one supposed to ginger us for donations..[/quote

didn't u see where i wrote suggestion. I have never wish for him to be like me, there are many people with hope of cochlear implant including me.

May a helper locate him soon.
Re: Nairalanders: Help Benjamin Tola Regain His Hearing by N0T0RI0US: 9:17pm On Nov 29, 2017
ATTITUDE2:

True. But they will crucify you for this. I'm deaf on a ear too.

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders: Help Benjamin Tola Regain His Hearing by hawk05(m): 7:30am On Nov 30, 2017
cochlear implant is very risky.. Statistically 70% of them ends up of being mental retard because the device will be inserted inner skull, very closer to the brain.. Go to YouTube and watch the video..

(1) (Reply)

NERFUND Loans To Small Business Operators / Book Store In Abuja / Mimee Noodles!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.