Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:04 AM

Nigeria's 'worst Place To Live'- Can Lagos compete with New York or London? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's 'worst Place To Live'- Can Lagos compete with New York or London? (2141 Views)

Can Lagos Be Said To Be Working When Nigeria Is Not Working? / How Bad Can Lagos Drainage Problems Get? / Can Lagos Really Be A Mega City? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria's 'worst Place To Live'- Can Lagos compete with New York or London? by Nobody: 7:46pm On Mar 26, 2010
Re: Nigeria's 'worst Place To Live'- Can Lagos compete with New York or London? by Nobody: 7:47pm On Mar 26, 2010
But a massive kudos to Fashola, Lagos is getting better and cleaner
Re: Nigeria's 'worst Place To Live'- Can Lagos compete with New York or London? by AngieFan(f): 8:15pm On Mar 26, 2010
Thanks for posting.
Re: Nigeria's 'worst Place To Live'- Can Lagos compete with New York or London? by Fhemmmy: 8:16pm On Mar 26, 2010
Lol
Re: Nigeria's 'worst Place To Live'- Can Lagos compete with New York or London? by ikeyman00(m): 8:49pm On Mar 26, 2010
rubbish!!
Re: Nigeria's 'worst Place To Live'- Can Lagos compete with New York or London? by Nobody: 9:00pm On Mar 26, 2010
ikeyman00:

rubbish!!

Now I know the patriotic Nigerians on this forum, smiley
Re: Nigeria's 'worst Place To Live'- Can Lagos compete with New York or London? by Nobody: 9:14pm On Mar 26, 2010
Living in lagos is similar to sleeping in a market square.
Re: Nigeria's 'worst Place To Live'- Can Lagos compete with New York or London? by Nobody: 9:26pm On Mar 26, 2010
Two cities are hundreds of years old while the other only a couple of years old. London is one of the oldest cities in the world and Lagos? I think colonial mentality de worry you. Why do you feel the urge to compare? This thread is meaningless and the poster has lost every respect I have for him or her. What kind of comparism is that? do you want me to show you Detroit? Or the slums in Newark? I can even show you the abandoned construction site we call the Bronx. What da hell? grow up
Re: Nigeria's 'worst Place To Live'- Can Lagos compete with New York or London? by Nobody: 9:57pm On Mar 26, 2010
9jaganja:

Two cities are hundreds of years old while the other only a couple of years old. London is one of the oldest cities in the world and Lagos? I think colonial mentality de worry you. Why do you feel the urge to compare? This thread is meaningless and the poster has lost every respect I have for him or her. What kind of comparism is that? do you want me to show you Detroit? Or the slums in Newark? I can even show you the abandoned construction site we call the Bronx. What da hell? grow up

You take life too seriously

This was supposed to be a post about the comparisons and nothing evil intended. An Oyinbo man would have laughed it off but my people must fume over everything.

By the way I am not here to gain your respect.
Re: Nigeria's 'worst Place To Live'- Can Lagos compete with New York or London? by Ellyptical: 10:00pm On Mar 26, 2010
9jaganja:

Until we stop making excuses for our failures and tongue-lash ourselves for our woes, we will never see anything wrong in a city as young as Dubai being one of the most beautiful cities in the world.
Permit me to ask you if Lagos younger than Dubai. Hell No. Can we all recall when FESTAC was recently built? It was a world class part of Lagos, even better than the present day V/I. Today we have a ghetto in the name of FESTAC.
Re: Nigeria's 'worst Place To Live'- Can Lagos compete with New York or London? by Nobody: 10:09pm On Mar 26, 2010
Ellyptical:

Until we stop making excuses for our failures and tongue-lash ourselves for our woes, we will never see anything wrong in a city as young as Dubai being one of the most beautiful cities in the world.
Permit me to ask you if Lagos younger than Dubai. Hell No. Can we all recall when FESTAC was recently built? It was a world class part of Lagos, even better than the present day V/I. Today we have a ghetto in the name of FESTAC.

What da hell? When you heard of Dubai is different from when Dubai was created ok?  With all the turmoil going on in Nigeria, all you can do is comapre Lagos to New York and London? You suck a mean wiener mehn!!!! What da hell?  Same ol recycling of making excuses blah blah. I'm not making excuses, it just annoys me that you are so insensitive blindly critical of Nigeria all you can think of is New York London is good Lagos is bad? What da hell man? You are a total bleep up. Do you live in New York or London? have you been to any of those cities? I don't think so. You just picked a city out of the blue and decided to compare it to Lagos what a shame~!!!!

frosbel:

You take life too seriously

This was supposed to be a post about the comparisons and nothing evil intended. An Oyinbo man would have laughed it off but my people must fume over everything.

By the way I am not here to gain your respect.

Why compare Lagos with New York or London? What is your problem? With all the shit going on in Nigeria, all you want to do is display your colonial mentality here? Comparing Lagos to London is that going to solve the problem? Dead on arrival!!!!
Re: Nigeria's 'worst Place To Live'- Can Lagos compete with New York or London? by PapaBrowne(m): 11:02pm On Mar 26, 2010
What is bad is bad

Lagos is a bad place!! It is Worse than most places. I actually think it is the worst big city in the world.

The only good thing about Lagos is that there is a hell lot of money to be made there!
Re: Nigeria's 'worst Place To Live'- Can Lagos compete with New York or London? by cap28: 11:52pm On Mar 26, 2010
i dont know why they are mentioning london - as far as im concerned london is not that great, its congested and soulless - it has one similarity with lagos - the huge gap between how the rich live and how the poor live - for example when you go to elephant and castle, peckham, camberwell or hackney you'll think you are in a third world country but cross the river to chelsea, kensington, fulham or holland park and its like you're in a completely different country in that respect its similar to lagos because the poor and the rich live in completely different worlds, although i must add that poverty is relative, the poor in london are obviously not living in the type of grinding poverty that the poor in lagos are living in.

there is no reason why the poor in lagos should have to live in those terrible slums - the money that nigeria generates from oil revenues is enough to provide low cost housing to all of it citizens who need it similar to the council housing that the british govt provides to its own "poor".

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News:court Of Appeal Nullifies Uduaghan's Election / Ogboru Lights Up Abraka / Why Do People Hate GEJ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.