Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:31 AM

Catholic S..E..X Abuse. . .of What Use Is Celibacy In The Catholic Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholic S..E..X Abuse. . .of What Use Is Celibacy In The Catholic Church (1069 Views)

Catholic Church Cautions El-Rufai Over Religious Bill / Catholic Church Collapses In Enugu, Five Dead / Of What Use Is The Judgement Day? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Catholic S..E..X Abuse. . .of What Use Is Celibacy In The Catholic Church by Borat1: 8:27pm On Mar 26, 2010
I'm not condemning anyone, but i've continued to watch with disgust at the continuos uncovering
of years of s#e#x abuse by catholic priests which went uncautioned by bishops and even the pope
I'm just wondering if these abuses would have been if catholic priests were not celibate
I mean these are virile men (full intact  cool) who swore not to have any  and maybe later learnt it was an impossible task
OF what use is celibacy in the catholic church?
Re: Catholic S..E..X Abuse. . .of What Use Is Celibacy In The Catholic Church by benodic: 11:20pm On Mar 26, 2010
this is exactly the problem with christianity as a whole today. inability to change and adapt to the spiritual needs of people today. the catholic church is frozen in consciouness and no one want to make the first move to bring in much needed change. celibacy in the time of paul the apostle was voluntary choice and not by force but the catholic church turned it into an institution. the foundation of the catholic church is built around celibacy so they are afraid to change it fearing that it will lead to the collapse of the church. any religion that can not change with the changing times will soon become obsolete and unable to cater to the spiritual needs of people making people to start seeking elsewhere.
Re: Catholic S..E..X Abuse. . .of What Use Is Celibacy In The Catholic Church by Devonian(m): 2:42pm On Mar 27, 2010
benodic:

this is exactly the problem with christianity as a whole today. inability to change and adapt to the spiritual needs of people today. the catholic church is frozen in consciouness and no one want to make the first move to bring in much needed change. celibacy in the time of paul the apostle was voluntary choice and not by force but the catholic church turned it into an institution. the foundation of the catholic church is built around celibacy so they are afraid to change it fearing that it will lead to the collapse of the church.  any religion that can not change with the changing times will soon become obsolete and unable to cater to the spiritual needs of people making people to start seeking elsewhere.

WHAT'S THE SOURCE OF THE HIGHLIGHTED ASSERTION/CLAIM?
Re: Catholic S..E..X Abuse. . .of What Use Is Celibacy In The Catholic Church by ifele(m): 12:53am On Mar 29, 2010
its the homosexual white priests that are fking the boys. white folks are fked up for child molestation men.
Re: Catholic S..E..X Abuse. . .of What Use Is Celibacy In The Catholic Church by agathamari(f): 1:55pm On Mar 29, 2010
ifele:

its the homosexual white priests that are fking the boys. white folks are fked up for child molestation men.
check your facts again

~Borat~:

I'm not condemning anyone, but i've continued to watch with disgust at the continuos uncovering
of years of s#e#x abuse by catholic priests which went uncautioned by bishops and even the pope
I'm just wondering if these abuses would have been if catholic priests were not celibate
I mean these are virile men (full intact cool) who swore not to have any and maybe later learnt it was an impossible task
the rule of celebacy amongst priest/nuns/monks has caused issues in this regard for a long time, this isnt a new development just the church was much better at hiding it before. though not as prevelant there have been numerous sex-abuse cases leveled agaist protestants/methodist/lutheran/etc as well as other religions. the persona of the church (family oriented, strict rules, moral codes and like) are fueling this outrage, the boyscouts went through the same thing not so long ago. people are more shocked when a person viewed as having a higher moral code (clergy, doctors, teachers, child care providors, mentors) do something like this as compared tp your "adverage joe"
Re: Catholic S..E..X Abuse. . .of What Use Is Celibacy In The Catholic Church by Fhemmmy: 1:56pm On Mar 29, 2010
I think it is time for the change to happen
Re: Catholic S..E..X Abuse. . .of What Use Is Celibacy In The Catholic Church by hugooh42(m): 4:17pm On Mar 29, 2010
The most disgusting of these abuse is the one that happened in Wisconsin.A priest sexually abusing more than 200 deaf/dump little boys for more than 25years.knowing these boys because of their handicaps cannot reveal these atrocities.This madness should be condemned by every sensible person,irrespective of religious/denominational inclination.
Re: Catholic S..E..X Abuse. . .of What Use Is Celibacy In The Catholic Church by Fhemmmy: 4:28pm On Mar 29, 2010
^^^ The devil could use anyone, however, they need to find a way to make changes
Re: Catholic S..E..X Abuse. . .of What Use Is Celibacy In The Catholic Church by Zikkyy(m): 7:52pm On Mar 29, 2010
~Borat~:

I mean these are virile men (full intact  cool) who swore not to have any  and maybe later learnt it was an impossible task

Child molestation has nothing to do with celibacy. I’ll buy your line of argument if the report was about priest having secret affairs with the opposite s-e-x. These guys are just sick.

(1) (Reply)

Are There Any Nigerian Satan Worshippers Here ? / Tame Your Tongue / Atheists most beloved , please watch this video and tell me how this happened

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.