Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,481 members, 7,812,480 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:02 PM

Of What Use Is The Judgement Day? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Of What Use Is The Judgement Day? (9859 Views)

Will Everyone Watch Our Life History On Judgement Day / What Will Be The Fate Of Those Mentally Challenged on Judgement Day? / World Ends On Saturday? ('Judgement Day May 21') (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Of What Use Is The Judgement Day? by frank317: 10:59pm On Apr 17, 2013
Hi guys, i will really like Christians in the house to help me explain this and also answer relating question.

please of what use if the Judgement day? Is it for God to prove to us that we were sinners? or for the devil to explain to God how we sinned? or for us to at least defend ourselves? will we have our lawyers?

why will God want to judge us? is it to condemn us? or to just justify any punishment or blessing that might be meant for us after death? thank you
Re: Of What Use Is The Judgement Day? by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:42pm On Apr 17, 2013
its a 419 scam.

dont bother. .

4 Likes

Re: Of What Use Is The Judgement Day? by frank317: 12:01am On Apr 18, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
its a 419 scam.

dont bother. .

thanx,

but i want those who dont believe its a scam to clear the air for me. perhaps God wants to give us opportunity to defend outselves on judgement day... if not what is the purpose for it?
Re: Of What Use Is The Judgement Day? by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:05am On Apr 18, 2013
it serves no prupose. The Gods are SPiritual Forces, not lawyers.

anyways if you persist, you can wait for their response. . undecided
Re: Of What Use Is The Judgement Day? by Edenitis(m): 12:53am On Apr 18, 2013
Revelation 20:11-15
Revelation 22: 11-16

The whole purpose of our existence is a selection process
where people make their choices.
Characters are formed, alliances are made, positions are taken for or against the owner of the universe.
As you make your bed, so you will lie on it.
Judgement is not a trial or the charade you seem to describe.
Position have been taken. The trial has been completed.
The Lord now comes and delivers judgement at the Supreme Court level.
No appeal: No surrender.

Take your position and keep on with it.

11 Likes

Re: Of What Use Is The Judgement Day? by frank317: 6:02am On Apr 18, 2013
Edenitis: Revelation 20:11-15
Revelation 22: 11-16

The whole purpose of our existence is a selection process
where people make their choices.
Characters are formed, alliances are made, positions are taken for or against the owner of the universe.
As you make your bed, so you will lie on it.
Judgement is not a trial or the charade you seem to describe.
Position have been taken. The trial has been completed.
The Lord now comes and delivers judgement at the Supreme Court level.
No appeal: No surrender.

Take your position and keep on with it.

u said trial has been completed? how where and when.
yes position have been taken, so u think the Lord wont want to give humans a chance why people chose a particular position?
well, i think if judgment day is just to deliver judgement then its really not as important as it sounds... the lord might as well just let people go to hell after death rather was unnecessary town to deliver judgement to billions of people for the sake of it,

1 Like

Re: Of What Use Is The Judgement Day? by Nobody: 7:13am On Apr 18, 2013
Another question that stumps christains!
Re: Of What Use Is The Judgement Day? by VanTee20(m): 7:56am On Apr 18, 2013
I don't think there is anytn that can stump christians in this question.

The Judgement day, to me, is the day when all people in the world, young, old, living, dead, male, female, will stand before God's seat of judgement to be judged based on their earthly deeds.

The main purpose, i think, is to seperate God's children from the devil's and to given blessings & punishment unto whom it's due.

3 Likes

Re: Of What Use Is The Judgement Day? by Nobody: 7:59am On Apr 18, 2013
VanTee20: I don't think there is anytn that can stump christians in this question.

The Judgement day, to me, is the day when all people in the world, young, old, living, dead, male, female, will stand before God's seat of judgement to be judged based on their earthly deeds.

The main purpose, i think, is to seperate God's children from the devil's and to given blessings & punishment unto whom it's due.

Doesnt god already know who is good and who is bad? What is the point of the judgement day when god already knows what you have done and where you are going to? Is God into ceremonies and entertaining court cases?
Re: Of What Use Is The Judgement Day? by alfaman2: 8:00am On Apr 18, 2013
VanTee20: I don't think there is anytn that can stump christians in this question.

Another christian robot spewing out a programmed speech without answering the question asked.
Re: Of What Use Is The Judgement Day? by frank317: 8:10am On Apr 18, 2013

how does ur answer not confuse ur own self? my pastors always preach that God searches the heart... he know when we repent or sin.

does judgement means separation? have ever been to court? is separation done in the court... judgement means a process of determining if one is guilty or innocent. if God know when a sinner dies, what is the use of setting a day for separating, what does he stand to achieve with this set, much talked about date?

if we are going to b judged wont we b given an opportunity to defend ourselves?

1 Like

Re: Of What Use Is The Judgement Day? by VanTee20(m): 8:21am On Apr 18, 2013
Logicboy03:

Doesnt god already know who is good and who is bad? What is the point of the judgement day when god already knows what you have done and where you are going to? Is God into ceremonies and entertaining court cases?
I don't know about that..... The way I see it is, although God knows what i have done and where I should go, he wants me to know why i should go to hell before sending me off there......

1 Like

Re: Of What Use Is The Judgement Day? by frank317: 8:32am On Apr 18, 2013
VanTee20:
I don't know about that..... The way I see it is, although God knows what i have done and where I should go, he wants me to know why i should go to hell before sending me off there......

sounds like he want humans to know they are guilty and accept their punishment in good fate. of what use is this if you wont b given opportunity to defend urself?
Re: Of What Use Is The Judgement Day? by VanTee20(m): 8:39am On Apr 18, 2013
frank3.16:

how does ur answer not confuse ur own self? my pastors always preach that God searches the heart... he know when we repent or sin.

does judgement means separation? have ever been to court? is separation done in the court... judgement means a process of determining if one is guilty or innocent. if God know when a sinner dies, what is the use of setting a day for separating, what does he stand to achieve with this set, much talked about date?

if we are going to b judged wont we b given an opportunity to defend ourselves?
My answer doesn't confuse me. I agree that God searches hearts & knows when we 'truly' repent.

Of course seperation is done in court. Come to think of it, will the condemned not be seperated from acquitted after judgment?

If you are a sinner, you have no excuses for that. Yes, we were born in inequity but God has paved ways 4 our salvation by sending Jesus to us and we also av the freewill to choose btwn right & wrong.

I don't think we can defend ourselves in heaven, why? Cos we can only defend ourselves against false allegations.

2 Likes

Re: Of What Use Is The Judgement Day? by VanTee20(m): 8:41am On Apr 18, 2013
alfaman2:

Another christian robot spewing out a programmed speech without answering the question asked.
No comment.
Re: Of What Use Is The Judgement Day? by VanTee20(m): 8:47am On Apr 18, 2013
frank3.16:

sounds like he want humans to know they are guilty and accept their punishment in good fate. of what use is this if you wont b given opportunity to defend urself?
Not in good fate, in REGRET. why do you keep talking about defence? It's not as if lies will be told against you. It's judgement based on what you did, c'est finis.
Re: Of What Use Is The Judgement Day? by tobechi74: 9:52am On Apr 18, 2013
of what use is court of law,

1 Like

Re: Of What Use Is The Judgement Day? by frank317: 11:20am On Apr 18, 2013
VanTee20:
Not in good fate, in REGRET. why do you keep talking about defence? It's not as if lies will be told against you. It's judgement based on what you did, c'est finis.

honestly i am yet to understand how this judgement will be fair or how it is even a judgement at all.

for instance... if in the course of my life here on earth i am from India and someone preaches about Christ to me and i disagree with the preaching with the confident that what the preacher says are false. how will God just point out my sins based on that and judge me without giving me a fair hearing.

i want to ask you. what if on that judgement day God announces that Islam was the right religion after all do you think it will be fair that God throws you into hell without hearing from you?

6 Likes

Re: Of What Use Is The Judgement Day? by inspiredbyGOD(m): 1:27pm On Apr 18, 2013
@op, another important thing to note is that we won't really be judged based on our deeds but by our beliefs. Imagine going to hell for not getting a chance to hear about Jesus; our ancestors are in big soup.

1 Like

Re: Of What Use Is The Judgement Day? by alfaman2: 3:25pm On Apr 18, 2013
VanTee20:
No comment.

Program fails? Need reboot?
Re: Of What Use Is The Judgement Day? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Apr 18, 2013
All souls shall be judged.

Re: Of What Use Is The Judgement Day? by IlCapitano(m): 3:51pm On Apr 18, 2013
I guess today is 'cast-a stone-at-the-Christian faith' day. It's all good.

1 Like

Re: Of What Use Is The Judgement Day? by byns: 3:53pm On Apr 18, 2013
frank3.16:

honestly i am yet to understand how this judgement will be fair or how it is even a judgement at all.

for instance... if in the course of my life here on earth i am from India and someone preaches about Christ to me and i disagree
u just answered ur question
Re: Of What Use Is The Judgement Day? by Nobody: 3:55pm On Apr 18, 2013
Judgement dat day will come from the HEART! Whatever is ur belief, there is SIN/SHORTFALL/MISDEED there, that's what all the religions have in common. That day ur heart will judge you not even God.
The whole essence is to separate the GOOD from the BAD, whether islam, hindu, christian
Re: Of What Use Is The Judgement Day? by yuzedo: 3:59pm On Apr 18, 2013
Judgement day is one BIG movie theater. There will be a large 1000inch Sony HDTV screen where everybody will queue up and watch videos of other peoples lives on earth. I'm looking forward to that day cos i will have my vaseline in my hand while watching peoples videos. All these NL babes wey dey form varchin.. We go watch una sexxx tape dat day! grin grin grin

All you girlfriends that lied you are in church night vigil, meanwhile ya in one hotel sucking lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed ya boyfriend go know that day.. angry angry angry

Infact, judgement day go too sweet. You go watch people life movie die! i am bidding to be the sole distributor of popcorn that day. Chei!!! tongue tongue tongue

12 Likes

Re: Of What Use Is The Judgement Day? by freecocoa(f): 4:01pm On Apr 18, 2013
This kind judgment day sef, I thought its "after death, judgment follows" which judgment day una dey talk again?

1 Like

Re: Of What Use Is The Judgement Day? by hrmkz: 4:05pm On Apr 18, 2013
ask google.
Re: Of What Use Is The Judgement Day? by iyke4ever: 4:07pm On Apr 18, 2013
why ask qustions like this? You mean SUPREME GOD should give you a fair hearing? do you know what you are saying? are you dealing with gods? God made a way through Jesus Christ for you to choose between good and bad. The one you choose will determine where you will go. Obedience to the word of God or disobedience?

Let me ask, if you are doing evil, does it mean you dont know? so where do you think you will end up? in Heaven for doing evil? judge yourself first while you are still here and stop deceiving yourself.

Have you ever read this scripture? Galatians 5v19-21 and 1 Corinthians 6v9-11. Then read Galatians 6v7: Do not be deceived,whatever you sow, you will reap.

2 Likes

Re: Of What Use Is The Judgement Day? by kekakuz(m): 4:12pm On Apr 18, 2013
Ur chicken brain is not strong enough to understand Gods ways. So u must not know all tinz
Re: Of What Use Is The Judgement Day? by Abel202: 4:17pm On Apr 18, 2013
[b]Am a christian, but I can't claim to have a clear-cut answer to your question as I myself have my own questions in my mind too. But I think these might be the reasons why God will set up the judgement day:
1. Granted that God already knows who is guilty and who is not, but some guilty people honestly do not know that they are guilty. Some pastors will go to hell for so many reasons. So God, being a just God will use that day to make it known to you the reasons why you do not qualify to go to heaven or vice versa.
2. I think God will also give us the oportunity to defend ourselves for some of our actions and reasons behind it. Fact is that many judges already knows a very guilty criminal, but they still allow you to defend yourself before condemning you, that is called fair-hearing.
3. On that day, God will open our rememberance faculty and we shall be able to remember every action we took while on earth so that we know exactly why one is being sent to heaven and the other hellfire.

For example we have the witches association of Nigeria, we all know where their members are already headed, right? But we also have the Christian Association of Nigeria. Truth is that many of the great names in this association will end up in hell according to the Bible. So if for example you end up in hell and meet Bishop Kum..... after all the mighty works here, you will be damned too surprised and wonder what's wrong with God. But the judgement day will afford everyone the oportunity to know and understand why I for example must be put in heaven while some other person might go to hell.[/b]

6 Likes

Re: Of What Use Is The Judgement Day? by avuekwe(f): 4:21pm On Apr 18, 2013
Judgement day is not a day to be afraid of. Infact it is not a '24 hour' period but lasts a thousand years in which christ will judge in righteousness by restoring man to perfection and bringing kingdom blessings upon mankind here on earth. Judgement day is quite different from 'the day of judgement' .

#my own 2 cents

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

10 Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses / MFM Power Must Change Hands Programme Message January 2014 / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.