Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,688 members, 7,809,602 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:52 AM

Theft Of Passengers Luggage At Ethiopian Airlines: Government should step up!!! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Theft Of Passengers Luggage At Ethiopian Airlines: Government should step up!!! (1252 Views)

Lightening Bolt Strikes Plane Full Of Passengers / Lagos Airport Staff Protest Salary Non-Payment, Seize Passengers' Luggage / Inspection Of Passengers’ Manifests At Onitsha Head-Bridge (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Theft Of Passengers Luggage At Ethiopian Airlines: Government should step up!!! by Fingalin: 4:25pm On Nov 28, 2017
A Lot of people commend Ethiopian Airlines (ET) for their strict flight schedules and fairly comfy flight and I can attest to those facts.

However the opposite is the case when it comes to safety of passengers luggage. Reports of luggage theft on ET flights are so common these days and I really feel sorry for those who have lost their valuable stuffs.

I will say I was lucky when I had a similar experience. The flight left Heathrow airport, UK en route Nigeria and of course they stopped at Addis for a change of flight. When we arrived Enugu, I did get all my bags though but I noticed a very wide tear on the side of one of my big bags. It was obviously and intentionally cut with a sharp object as the gap was big enough to pick any item, even a 32 " TV. To be honest I was lucky I had my expensive valuables (game consoles, ipads, camera etc) in the hand luggage I had on me, though I had to pay heavily for the excess weight but that was my saving grace.

I'd advice that travellers should take extra caution when using ET and at least endeavour to keep their valuable stuffs close to them. Finally the Government should really look into these problems before they get out of hand. There should be improved customer/consumer rights, especially regarding foreign companies operating in Nigeria.
Re: Theft Of Passengers Luggage At Ethiopian Airlines: Government should step up!!! by mofedamijo(m): 8:13pm On Nov 28, 2017
Lucky you,i always keep my expensive stuff in hand luggage oo,had this experience with Rwandair jburg to lag,luggage was missing by the time i got to lagos,n after two days they located it n i went back to get my luggage,its important put ur most valuable stuffs in ur hand luggage just incase,but re u sure it wasnt in nigeria they stole ur stuff,i dont trust those faan guys at all,thank God ur consle was safe............n thanks for the info.
Re: Theft Of Passengers Luggage At Ethiopian Airlines: Government should step up!!! by mofedamijo(m): 8:16pm On Nov 28, 2017
Fingalin:
A Lot of people commend Ethiopian Airlines (ET) for their strict flight schedules and fairly comfy flight and I can attest to those facts.

However the opposite is the case when it comes to safety of passengers luggage. Reports of luggage theft on ET flights are so common these days and I really feel sorry for those who have lost their valuable stuffs.

I will say I was lucky when I had a similar experience. The flight left Heathrow airport, UK en route Nigeria and of course they stopped at Addis for a change of flight. When we arrived Enugu, I did get all my bags though but I noticed a very wide tear on the side of one of my big bags. It was obviously and intentionally cut with a sharp object as the gap was big enough to pick any item, even a 32 " TV. To be honest I was lucky I had my expensive valuables (game consoles, ipads, camera etc) in the hand luggage I had on me, though I had to pay heavily for the excess weight but that was my saving grace.

I'd advice that travellers should take extra caution when using ET and at least endeavour to keep their valuable stuffs close to them. Finally the Government should really look into these problems before they get out of hand. There should be improved customer/consumer rights, especially regarding foreign companies operating in Nigeria.
Lucky you,i always keep my expensive stuff in hand luggage oo,had this experience with Rwandair jburg to lag,luggage was missing by the time i got to lagos,n after two days they located it n i went back to get my luggage,its important put ur most valuable stuffs in ur hand luggage just incase,but re u sure it wasnt in nigeria they stole ur stuff,i dont trust those faan guys at all,thank God ur consle was safe............n thanks for the info.
If i have money i il stick to one airline and get thier voyager card or vip card stuff,they pay premium attention to ur luggage,i tried it with Arik one time and i noticed the difference,my luggage all comes out early,cause they il put that premium tag on it,but as arik misbehave nw...
Re: Theft Of Passengers Luggage At Ethiopian Airlines: Government should step up!!! by chukxie(m): 4:36am On Nov 29, 2017
Always put your important stuff in your carry-on bag.

(1) (Reply)

Welcome To America: 41 Million Of Americans Are Living In Extreme Poverty / A Walk Through Umuahia With The Camera / This Foreigner Just Murdered Nigeria, Africa. And It's The Truth [PHOTO]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.