Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,465 members, 7,836,836 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:23 PM

Why We Have Not Paid The Ikoyi Whistle-blower - Lai Mohammed - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Have Not Paid The Ikoyi Whistle-blower - Lai Mohammed (17216 Views)

FG Pays Ikoyi Whistle-blower N421m; Jets Out Of The Country / Ikoyi Whistle-blower Rejects Fg’s N325m, EFCC Delays Payment / "Ikoyi Whistle-blower Is Mad" - EFCC Says, Takes Him To Psychiatric Hospital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Have Not Paid The Ikoyi Whistle-blower - Lai Mohammed by ehissi(m): 9:22am On Nov 29, 2017
angry

So they dont know who gave them information about the money again after they now got the money?? angry

Sarrki, Lai Mohammed on the beats, comman give us verse 1, progressive01 comman give us verse 2....... angry
Re: Why We Have Not Paid The Ikoyi Whistle-blower - Lai Mohammed by sunnyside16(m): 9:23am On Nov 29, 2017
So the one that you said went insane was who? This govt just stinks already. What a time phase in our lives.
Re: Why We Have Not Paid The Ikoyi Whistle-blower - Lai Mohammed by ehissi(m): 9:25am On Nov 29, 2017
TEYA:
But to be frank this government has not been fair to the whistle blower. What nonsense do they mean by that? EFCC does not know who told them about the money or what? This man sounds stupid, to be frank.

But to Zombies he sounds very frank, to be very............ grin stupid......
Re: Why We Have Not Paid The Ikoyi Whistle-blower - Lai Mohammed by Mufasa27(m): 9:26am On Nov 29, 2017
eTECTIVe:
The whole IkoyiGate nonsense was staged... D money was planted there to b found whether anyone wants to believe dat or not.. Some of d ppl involved are simply blackmailing dem with d same whistle blower policy dey set up...
You are smart!!
Re: Why We Have Not Paid The Ikoyi Whistle-blower - Lai Mohammed by Prestige16(m): 9:26am On Nov 29, 2017
So they allowed Lai to lie unto the whole microphones set before him.. grin

1 Like

Re: Why We Have Not Paid The Ikoyi Whistle-blower - Lai Mohammed by Mariangeles(f): 9:27am On Nov 29, 2017
Re: Why We Have Not Paid The Ikoyi Whistle-blower - Lai Mohammed by fuckingAyaya(m): 9:28am On Nov 29, 2017
Hope this guy will not beg for 5 million later
Re: Why We Have Not Paid The Ikoyi Whistle-blower - Lai Mohammed by bigfather(m): 9:29am On Nov 29, 2017
PointZerom:

I agree with you, I gave up on them when they recovered ownerless money at a filling station in the North. Till today they've not told us who owns the money.

Even the one found at the Airport in Lagos. Till today , no one has showed up to say he/she is the owner and no name has been mentioned .

Ghosts just keep dropping money for them to discover.

2 Likes

Re: Why We Have Not Paid The Ikoyi Whistle-blower - Lai Mohammed by BanevsJoker(m): 9:31am On Nov 29, 2017
Penalty82:
‘Now we have the authentic whistle blower and fake whistle blower, we hope to find out the real person"

mynd44 lalasticlala
Please oh, I don't have a PhD, but if you have the authentic whistleblower, why is the fake one still being mentioned? Is there a difference between authentic and real?

1 Like

Re: Why We Have Not Paid The Ikoyi Whistle-blower - Lai Mohammed by Lboy30(m): 9:33am On Nov 29, 2017
I still be Lia Muhammed is not a media friendly person bcox, if he were to reading news he would have been able to know they(federal govt) is heading for doom come 2019 due to reactions from Nigerians each time he opens his mouth....... mchewwwww.
Re: Why We Have Not Paid The Ikoyi Whistle-blower - Lai Mohammed by Mariangeles(f): 9:35am On Nov 29, 2017
unohbethel:
THIS apc party is very deMoNic...so because u dont want to pay the original whistle blower, what u did was to invent another fake whistle blower to claim thats he is the original whistle blower..by so doin causing confusion in the land...mr liar mumumad..nigerians are getting wiser now, they will not fall for this cheap propaganda again, well offcourse its the zombies that will believe...mmchew sarkki,omenka etc ngene ukwu come and masturbate on this news.
There might be some truth to your opinion...
Re: Why We Have Not Paid The Ikoyi Whistle-blower - Lai Mohammed by Dollabiz: 9:35am On Nov 29, 2017
Oh
Re: Why We Have Not Paid The Ikoyi Whistle-blower - Lai Mohammed by exlinkleads(f): 9:38am On Nov 29, 2017
taaaaaaaaaaaa
Re: Why We Have Not Paid The Ikoyi Whistle-blower - Lai Mohammed by benzion72(m): 9:40am On Nov 29, 2017
Whenever I hear Lia what come to my mind is this man go tell another lie.

1 Like

Re: Why We Have Not Paid The Ikoyi Whistle-blower - Lai Mohammed by 2016easy2017: 9:51am On Nov 29, 2017
can somebody pls help me out. i want to know if i can exchange my star-time decoder to another decoder that's not star-time
i found star-time the worst thing i ever bargained with in my life. i have a problem with my decoder. i reported and was given combo, after paying additional =N=7,000. when i loaded it, the money went to the former smart card of which they failed to block and had wrong number sent to it. i had to travel 3 times for 6 hours each time to go to the head office in Ibadan. i could only get embarrassment from the total-garden manager and the technician she directed me to. both with mobile number 08172398045 and 08172398036. my smart-card number is 01831320848. am also being charged excessively. =N=1,000 for 3days. making =N=10,000 monthly.i found many people complaining about this.

Re: Why We Have Not Paid The Ikoyi Whistle-blower - Lai Mohammed by sanpipita(m): 9:55am On Nov 29, 2017
Nbote:
Chaiii!!! U ppl kip shooting urselves in d foot... So u want to convince Nigerians U Dont know who gave d tip and keys to d apartment u found d huge cash cache abi... Its looking more like a planned discovery by d day. I won't b surprised considering d propaganda dey have been feeding Nigerians since

Sensible Nigerians know this govt do nothing but lie and scam, they will do anything to deceive Nigerians

1 Like

Re: Why We Have Not Paid The Ikoyi Whistle-blower - Lai Mohammed by Nackzy: 10:03am On Nov 29, 2017
Liar u will never pay then... U guys are Jst Playing cheap politics with the gullible nigerians

1 Like

Re: Why We Have Not Paid The Ikoyi Whistle-blower - Lai Mohammed by OnowuOra(m): 10:03am On Nov 29, 2017
I didn't bother myself reading it, the heading or caption have said it all.

My take: when corruption sets in into a system it destroy the good intent or radiance it brings.

EFCC/FG can't deny not know on who's Intel they acted on rather they only want to do their normal intimidation and corrupt tendencies which this govt. is know for.
Re: Why We Have Not Paid The Ikoyi Whistle-blower - Lai Mohammed by Stylz69(m): 10:09am On Nov 29, 2017
You don’t even know who owns the money now you don’t know the real whistle blower. Clear case of some fraudulent government official wanting to create a ghost whistle blower to claim the money. Kwarapt gomment

4 Likes

Re: Why We Have Not Paid The Ikoyi Whistle-blower - Lai Mohammed by ComradeTonaldo: 10:31am On Nov 29, 2017
Penalty82:
By Emmanuel Elebeke
ABUJA – The Federal Government says it has not been able to pay the statutory 5% to the Ikoyi whistle blower due to controversy surrounding the claim.

The minister of Information and Culture, Alh. Lai Mohammed made this known on Tuesday during his visit to Leadership Newspaper.
He said the issue is a bit complicated because two persons are currently laying claims to the amount and since the identity of the real owner cannot be disclosed, it behooves on the government to follow due process in arriving at the true owner of the money.

‘‘It is a bit complicated because more than one person is claiming the money and we do not want to disclose the identity of the Whistle blower.
‘‘We have a very unique situation in our hand at the moment; it is so complex and complicated. One said we should not pay the other and the other one has gone to court.
‘Now we have the authentic whistle blower and fake whistle blower, we hope to find out the real person. Ordinarily, a whistle blower should be anonymous. However, we are working very closely to ensure that such thing never happens again.’’

IPOB

On IPOB, he said he was certain the matter would be resolved at the end of the day, giving that the country has a leader who is capable of tackling the challenge.
‘‘There was propaganda around IPOB. I was very certain then that the unity of this country is not in doubt. We have seen governments in this country, had leaders who have gone through wars and know what the implications are. We have at the helm of affairs, a leadership that is capable of tackling the challenge.
‘‘Though, there was a lot of propaganda, but I knew that at the end of the day, the matter would be resolved.’’

Housing

On housing, the minister said the administration had spent N70 billion on land acquisition and construction of housing estates across the country in the last two years. This he said is far more than N1.8 billion spent by the last administration in five years.

Recovered loots

Speaking on how much recovered from looters, the Minister said the Administration had recovered about N8 billion, $53 million from Whistle blowers and in addition recovered 54 houses and N78 billion from an individual.
Visit
On the visit, he said the visit was to thank the leadership of newspaper for its support and to seek more support in the three cardinal objectives of the government: Fighting corruption, insecurity and revamping the economy.

Free Press

On Free Press, he said the Administration would do everything to ensure that the press operates without any form of intimidation from government. He also promised to assist the media industry with some funding as soon as the economy improves.
‘‘Today, we are back. This time, it is to say thank you for all your support. Let me put it on record: Leadership newspaper has been very professional in its reporting of this Administration. You have supported us and you have criticized us, and each time you have been guided by the ethics of your profession – fairness, accuracy, impartiality, truthfulness, and objectivity.
‘‘We have not always agreed with your editorial stance on issues. For example, when we first raised the alarm on the dangers of fake news and disinformation, you wrote an editorial that seemed to have dismissed our concern at the time. I am happy to say that you have eventually seen the light, as the issue of fake news and disinformation, and the danger it poses to the polity, has become topical. We hope you will write another editorial to highlight the dangers posed by fake news and disinformation, which is now a global problem.

‘‘I want to state clearly that we also have a success story to tell you, especially in the three cardinal programmes that form the plank of our Administration’s policy – Fight against insecurity, war against corruption and the revamping of the economy.
‘‘We have put Boko Haram on the run. Occasionally, they attack soft targets, but even that is being tackled with intelligence-driven measures. We are tackling insecurity comprehensively, whether it is Farmer/Herders clash, Cattle rustling or kidnapping. Only this morning, the Federal Government launched the ”Policy Framework and National Action Plan for Preventing and Countering Violent Extremism,” he added.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/11/not-paid-ikoyi-whistle-blower-lai-mohammed/

I blame the guy at the first place . Me, seeing such huge sum of money and you expect me to call FG? for what na?who dey EPP?��i'll take my share and leave the rest. after all if you return the money, they'll still share it individually. like what happened to Abacha's returned loot

1 Like

Re: Why We Have Not Paid The Ikoyi Whistle-blower - Lai Mohammed by Nobody: 10:44am On Nov 29, 2017
Virtually everything that comes out of this man's mouth are lies. No wonder your name follows you for life. Liar Mohammed

1 Like

Re: Why We Have Not Paid The Ikoyi Whistle-blower - Lai Mohammed by passyhansome(m): 11:01am On Nov 29, 2017
Nothing works in this country

1 Like

Re: Why We Have Not Paid The Ikoyi Whistle-blower - Lai Mohammed by ezewealth(m): 11:03am On Nov 29, 2017
I don't know why ppl they whistle blow self, me I dey for the team of eye way see get share
Re: Why We Have Not Paid The Ikoyi Whistle-blower - Lai Mohammed by colli247(m): 11:05am On Nov 29, 2017
Penalty82:
By Emmanuel Elebeke
ABUJA – The Federal Government says it has not been able to pay the statutory 5% to the Ikoyi whistle blower due to controversy surrounding the claim.

The minister of Information and Culture, Alh. Lai Mohammed made this known on Tuesday during his visit to Leadership Newspaper.
He said the issue is a bit complicated because two persons are currently laying claims to the amount and since the identity of the real owner cannot be disclosed, it behooves on the government to follow due process in arriving at the true owner of the money.

‘‘It is a bit complicated because more than one person is claiming the money and we do not want to disclose the identity of the Whistle blower.
‘‘We have a very unique situation in our hand at the moment; it is so complex and complicated. One said we should not pay the other and the other one has gone to court.
‘Now we have the authentic whistle blower and fake whistle blower, we hope to find out the real person. Ordinarily, a whistle blower should be anonymous. However, we are working very closely to ensure that such thing never happens again.’’

IPOB

On IPOB, he said he was certain the matter would be resolved at the end of the day, giving that the country has a leader who is capable of tackling the challenge.
‘‘There was propaganda around IPOB. I was very certain then that the unity of this country is not in doubt. We have seen governments in this country, had leaders who have gone through wars and know what the implications are. We have at the helm of affairs, a leadership that is capable of tackling the challenge.
‘‘Though, there was a lot of propaganda, but I knew that at the end of the day, the matter would be resolved.’’

Housing

On housing, the minister said the administration had spent N70 billion on land acquisition and construction of housing estates across the country in the last two years. This he said is far more than N1.8 billion spent by the last administration in five years.

Recovered loots

Speaking on how much recovered from looters, the Minister said the Administration had recovered about N8 billion, $53 million from Whistle blowers and in addition recovered 54 houses and N78 billion from an individual.
Visit
On the visit, he said the visit was to thank the leadership of newspaper for its support and to seek more support in the three cardinal objectives of the government: Fighting corruption, insecurity and revamping the economy.

Free Press

On Free Press, he said the Administration would do everything to ensure that the press operates without any form of intimidation from government. He also promised to assist the media industry with some funding as soon as the economy improves.
‘‘Today, we are back. This time, it is to say thank you for all your support. Let me put it on record: Leadership newspaper has been very professional in its reporting of this Administration. You have supported us and you have criticized us, and each time you have been guided by the ethics of your profession – fairness, accuracy, impartiality, truthfulness, and objectivity.
‘‘We have not always agreed with your editorial stance on issues. For example, when we first raised the alarm on the dangers of fake news and disinformation, you wrote an editorial that seemed to have dismissed our concern at the time. I am happy to say that you have eventually seen the light, as the issue of fake news and disinformation, and the danger it poses to the polity, has become topical. We hope you will write another editorial to highlight the dangers posed by fake news and disinformation, which is now a global problem.

‘‘I want to state clearly that we also have a success story to tell you, especially in the three cardinal programmes that form the plank of our Administration’s policy – Fight against insecurity, war against corruption and the revamping of the economy.
‘‘We have put Boko Haram on the run. Occasionally, they attack soft targets, but even that is being tackled with intelligence-driven measures. We are tackling insecurity comprehensively, whether it is Farmer/Herders clash, Cattle rustling or kidnapping. Only this morning, the Federal Government launched the ”Policy Framework and National Action Plan for Preventing and Countering Violent Extremism,” he added.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/11/not-paid-ikoyi-whistle-blower-lai-mohammed/
hahhahahhahhh liar liar government
Re: Why We Have Not Paid The Ikoyi Whistle-blower - Lai Mohammed by 2shure: 11:21am On Nov 29, 2017
during jonathans era
it was a fake boko haram negotiator
now its btwn fake and real whistle blower

jus watched a documentary of how a top rank oficer escaped from north korea to south korea
omo d level bloody
see gun shots with aks and pistols
dem spray am bullets
but stil he nor die.

men north korea na the real 666.
imahine yahoo bois in north korea
a vountry whr its only hackers and top officials dst have internet acess.

fuc korea as a nation state
bullshiit
Re: Why We Have Not Paid The Ikoyi Whistle-blower - Lai Mohammed by zoedew: 11:37am On Nov 29, 2017
#IntegrityDeficit
Re: Why We Have Not Paid The Ikoyi Whistle-blower - Lai Mohammed by joinnow: 2:21pm On Nov 29, 2017
Click like
If you came just to see the new lie he wants to dish out.
Re: Why We Have Not Paid The Ikoyi Whistle-blower - Lai Mohammed by ehbellsho(m): 4:19pm On Nov 29, 2017
shocked Chai! lie lie... real n fake whistle blower khor... Just come out to us that you and your boys have share d money...
Your name fit you die

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Killings By Herdsmen Will Continue If Buhari Is Re-elected –atiku / Atiku Tackles Tinubu For Not Helping APC Avert Economic Crisis / Relocation Of Destitute To Home States ‘ll Continue – Lagos Govt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.