Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,121 members, 7,814,936 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

Amara Kanu Reacts To The Slave Trade in Libya - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Amara Kanu Reacts To The Slave Trade in Libya (12751 Views)

Ogbonna Kanu Slammed After Amara Kanu Called Him Oloshi Oloriburuku, Borrow Pose / Amara, Kanu Nwankwo's Wife Blasts Ogbonna Kanu, His Younger Brother / Amara Kanu's Dress That Gabrielle Union Liked (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amara Kanu Reacts To The Slave Trade in Libya by 1miccza: 9:47am On Nov 29, 2017
I have signed that petition and shared on different platforms.
Re: Amara Kanu Reacts To The Slave Trade in Libya by NgHealth(m): 9:49am On Nov 29, 2017
It is obvious that as Africans we are powerless.

It is obvious that as Africans we are ashamed of ourselves.

It is obvious that as Africans we have lost all our cultural values that should have instigated Africans in power to quickly reverse this insult.

What a shameful time to be a black man!
Re: Amara Kanu Reacts To The Slave Trade in Libya by nengibo: 9:53am On Nov 29, 2017
Who else tot it was nnamdi kanus wife
Re: Amara Kanu Reacts To The Slave Trade in Libya by Nobody: 9:53am On Nov 29, 2017
libya is lawless thanks to UK,france usa and UN. any one wey go der dey on him own o
Re: Amara Kanu Reacts To The Slave Trade in Libya by nengibo: 9:54am On Nov 29, 2017
1miccza:
I have signed that petition and shared on different platforms.
Wow you deserve an award, together our likes & shares will save the world, if you believe type amen and watch wat happens
Re: Amara Kanu Reacts To The Slave Trade in Libya by NotComplaining: 9:55am On Nov 29, 2017
1miccza:

So it means from your perspective, no one should fight against this right?

It means slavery is here to stay and has never gone anywhere, just covered with clever euphemisms like maid, nanny, house help. These roles in the eyes of most Nigerians is equivalent to slavery and full ownership of said person.

You cannot abolish a classic part of humanity. Slavery plays an important role in humanitys development. Noone opts for missery and subjugation, its an imposed lifestyle on the downtrodden, has always been.
Re: Amara Kanu Reacts To The Slave Trade in Libya by bakynes(m): 9:59am On Nov 29, 2017
These are times we need the Robert Mugabe, as much as he needed to have stepped down from the Presidency, He would have reacted differently to this issue and put pressure on the AU to sanction the Libyan Government.
Re: Amara Kanu Reacts To The Slave Trade in Libya by 1miccza: 10:04am On Nov 29, 2017
NotComplaining:

It means slavery is here to stay and has never gone anywhere, just covered with clever euphemisms like maid, nanny, house help. These roles in the eyes of most Nigerians is equivalent to slavery and full ownership of said person.

You cannot abolish a classic part of humanity. Slavery plays an important role in humanitys development. Noone opts for missery and subjugation, its an imposed lifestyle on the downtrodden, has always been.

I want to disagree here a bit, slavery cannot be a classic part of humanity. Educate me please how has slavery played an important role in humanity's development... I really want to hear you more on this...
Re: Amara Kanu Reacts To The Slave Trade in Libya by 1miccza: 10:06am On Nov 29, 2017
nengibo:

Wow you deserve an award, together our likes & shares will save the world, if you believe type amen and watch wat happens

Amen bro, believe you me, i've been involved in a whole lot of these petitions around the world. These injustices that we bring on our fellow humans must stop irrespective of the tribe, race , breed or ethnic affiliation.
Re: Amara Kanu Reacts To The Slave Trade in Libya by NotComplaining: 10:10am On Nov 29, 2017
1miccza:

I want to disagree here a bit, slavery cannot be a classic part of humanity. Educate me please how has slavery played an important role in humanity's development... I really want to hear you more on this...

From prisoners building and maintaining rail lines to blacks building skycrappers and underground train stations.

The phone youre using was probably assembled in a sweat shop aka slave labour. We are all contributing to the slave trade one way or another, most are just oblivious as to how much they do.

I challenge you to name one item in your belonging that you are 100% positive has no slavery involved.

1 Like

Re: Amara Kanu Reacts To The Slave Trade in Libya by 1miccza: 10:17am On Nov 29, 2017
NotComplaining:

From prisoners building and maintaining rail lines to blacks building skycrappers and underground train stations.

The phone youre using was probably assembled in a sweat shop aka slave labour. We are all contributing to the slave trade one way or another, most are just oblivious as to how much they do.

I challege you to name one item in your belonging that you are 100% positive has no slavery involved.

All of these depends on your definition and classification of slavery, if i work in a place and i work under someone's tutelage and i'm getting paid for it, i wouldn't classify that as slavery, it becomes slavery when the conditions are inhumane, did you watch some of those videos about the current slave practice in Libya? You'll discover that some migrants are actually hung upside down and burnt like a barbecue. There are defining lines here if you ask me..
Re: Amara Kanu Reacts To The Slave Trade in Libya by jeffoe(m): 10:21am On Nov 29, 2017
it's different baba , one is voluntary the other is forced
NotComplaining:
Slavery cant be stopped, ask house helpers!

We pay a pittance for house help to do every chore imaginable including soiling the oats of the Oga and his sons; coded cool

Slaves in libya are treated better than many Nigerian house helpers, if you excuse the buying and selling part.

Nigerians do NOT have a moral high ground on slavery.
Re: Amara Kanu Reacts To The Slave Trade in Libya by NotComplaining: 10:33am On Nov 29, 2017
1miccza:

classification of slavery, if i work in a place and i work under someone's tutelage i wouldn't classify that as slavery, it becomes slavery when the conditions are inhumane, did you watch some of those videos about the current slave practice in Libya? You'll discover that some migrants are actually hung upside down and burnt like a barbecue. There are defining lines here if you ask me..

All of these i think depends on your definition and

Have you ever seen a Nike sweat shop in China? Or the sweat shops in Bangladesh?

A slave does not have to have physical shackles to be called a slave. When you take away a persons voice and impose severe economic sanctions/restrictions you are effectively creating a slave. Add that with inhumane working hours, unsafe environmental conditions and punitive arbitrary punishment for slacking, you have 17th century slavery.

You have to remember, slaves then were given basic food, albeit remnants, and shelter in exchange for their labour. Chicken change is todays basic food.

Being burnt or maltreated does not define slavery. Thats just savagery and inciting fear and hopelessness. Such tools are used to a lesser extreme in other developing countries.

Riots dont happen because of the repercussions that ensue. Workers unions are banned by legislation and when you rebel, you do so alone, and punishment can include being ostracised from the community; leading to depression and suicide.
Re: Amara Kanu Reacts To The Slave Trade in Libya by colli247(m): 11:09am On Nov 29, 2017
ecamzy:
Amara Kanu wife of Nigeria Ex Footballers has Joined others From around the world To voice out on the ongoing slave trade in Libya

This ongoing Slavery and Human Trafficking of youths (men and women) going on for a while now in Libya has to stop. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. It is dis heartening seeing black people being sold by Africans in Africa all in a bid to get to Europe dangerously by dessert and sea.
Europe is full and have their own problems at the boarders too.
We need boots on ground sounding the alarm that it is dangerous. Those trying to escape are poor and have no TV or access to what is out there.
Also we need to remand the people in Africa deceiving the migrants and collecting their money with promises of Europe in the first place.
Intensive work needs to be done by the Nigerian government and the governments in West/ east / north Africa to get the migrants out of Libya and more importantly tighter security at the african boarders to prevent the migrants trying to escape to Europe illegally.

This petition will be delivered to:
United Nations Peacekeeping
United Nations
Former Secretary of State
Hillary Clinton
mohammed buhari
Peter Okwoche
Dr Okei Odumakin
Joy Ogwu
Nigeria Government
African Wildlife Federation
libya government
Abike Dabiri

To sing the petition pls visit

https://www.change.org/p/united-nations-peacekeeping-stop-the-modern-day-slavery-of-migrants-bring-back-our-youths-from-libya/fbog/512202920?recruiter=512202920&fb_authed=1#_=_
were is DADDY FREEZ SAY SOME THING
Re: Amara Kanu Reacts To The Slave Trade in Libya by Nobody: 12:04pm On Nov 29, 2017
NotComplaining:
Slavery cant be stopped, ask house helpers!

We pay a pittance for house help to do every chore imaginable including soiling the oats of the Oga and his sons; coded cool

Slaves in libya are treated better than many Nigerian house helpers, if you excuse the buying and selling part.

Nigerians do NOT have a moral high ground on slavery.
there is a difference between forced labour and voluntary labour. There is also a difference between coming to kidnap slaves in their homes and some individuals going into " slave traps" when they are fully aware of the danger.
Re: Amara Kanu Reacts To The Slave Trade in Libya by NotComplaining: 1:16pm On Nov 29, 2017
majekdom2:
there is a difference between forced labour and voluntary labour. There is also a difference between coming to kidnap slaves in their homes and some individuals going into " slave traps" when they are fully aware of the danger.

Who is forcing these migrants to go through Libya?

They voluntarily put themselves into harms way.
Re: Amara Kanu Reacts To The Slave Trade in Libya by 1miccza: 2:18pm On Nov 29, 2017
NotComplaining:

Have you ever seen a Nike sweat shop in China? Or the sweat shops in Bangladesh?

A slave does not have to have physical shackles to be called a slave. When you take away a persons voice and impose severe economic sanctions/restrictions you are effectively creating a slave. Add that with inhumane working hours, unsafe environmental conditions and punitive arbitrary punishment for slacking, you have 17th century slavery.

You have to remember, slaves then were given basic food, albeit remnants, and shelter in exchange for their labour. Chicken change is todays basic food.

Being burnt or maltreated does not define slavery. Thats just savagery and inciting fear and hopelessness. Such tools are used to a lesser extreme in other developing countries.

Riots dont happen because of the repercussions that ensue. Workers unions are banned by legislation and when you rebel, you do so alone, and punishment can include being ostracised from the community; leading to depression and suicide.

The savagery on its own is what everyone's screaming about, no matter how we all care to see it though, its still slavery and we should fight to ensure that it is reduced to its barest minimum or eradicated

(1) (2) (Reply)

Timi Dakolo Sings As He Reacts To Elections Postponement(pics/video) / 2016 ELOY Awards: Female Celebrities Turn Up In Style [PICS] / Lady With Gigantic Backside Identified As Jaye Love A Club Host & A DJ (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.