Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,075 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:22 AM

22 Million Nigerians Now On Facebook Says Ebele Okobi - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 22 Million Nigerians Now On Facebook Says Ebele Okobi (8083 Views)

30 million Nigerians have never seen a mobile phone – ATCON President, Teniola / 10 People Who Filmed Their Own Death On Facebook LIVE ! (photos) / Why You Should Use Your Real Name On Facebook: True Life Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

22 Million Nigerians Now On Facebook Says Ebele Okobi by edunwablog: 1:52am On Nov 29, 2017
Popular social media platform, Facebook, has disclosed that over 22 million Nigerians now use its space every month, with 87 per cent of small and medium enterprises (SMEs) utilising it for digital skills and more.

This was disclosed recently by the public policy director, Facebook Africa, Ebele Okobi, during the launch of its Nigerian initiative to reinforce its commitment and investment in the country, and across the continent.

According to her, Facebook’s mission was to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. And this demonstrates that the power of digital skills to aid economic growth and development has never been more important.

“Our investments and commitments announced in Lagos today further reflect our intent to partner with Nigeria’s policymakers and its vibrant tech and entrepreneurial eco-system to create economic opportunity and independence in Nigeria and across Africa,” she said.

Okobi disclosed that Facebook plans to launch a hub intiative early next year.

“Facebook believes that, for it to be relevant and people to be connected, everyone needs to collaborate to actualise a closer community. Facebook’s vision of fostering a close community would result in the hub training over 50,000 people across Nigeria in Abuja, Port Harcourt, Kaduna and Lagos,” she said.

The multi-faceted creative hub would be In partnership with CC Hub, and it is expected to connect and bring together developers, start-ups and the wider community to collaborate, learn and share ideas. The “ng-hub” will also host a start-up incubator programme, as well as bespoke training, guest speakers and a dedicated event space, with an intent of attracting the best talent and driving innovation in Nigeria’s tech ecosystem.

Also, head of platform partnerships, Middle East and Africa, Emeka Afigbo, said, “Nigeria is producing a new generation of exciting start-ups that have incredible potential.

“We understand the important role Facebook plays here in Nigeria with developers and start-ups and are invested in helping these communities build for the next billion,” he said.

more details at http://www.akelicious.com/2017/11/22-million-nigerians-now-on-facebook.html

Re: 22 Million Nigerians Now On Facebook Says Ebele Okobi by hatchy(f): 2:06am On Nov 29, 2017
That is where they live their fake life,posting all sorts of rubbish.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 22 Million Nigerians Now On Facebook Says Ebele Okobi by victorioushands: 2:07am On Nov 29, 2017
Splendid
Re: 22 Million Nigerians Now On Facebook Says Ebele Okobi by justi4jesu(f): 7:05am On Nov 29, 2017
cool cool cool
Re: 22 Million Nigerians Now On Facebook Says Ebele Okobi by Decapo: 7:05am On Nov 29, 2017
Ok
Re: 22 Million Nigerians Now On Facebook Says Ebele Okobi by ladeb: 7:06am On Nov 29, 2017
ooops...guys holds celeb boob in public see pics here u will be surprised at her reaction https://portalviewz..com.ng/2017/11/braless-alesha-dixon-displays-her.html
Re: 22 Million Nigerians Now On Facebook Says Ebele Okobi by BruncleZuma: 7:06am On Nov 29, 2017

4 Likes

Re: 22 Million Nigerians Now On Facebook Says Ebele Okobi by birdsview(m): 7:06am On Nov 29, 2017
What are the remaining 160million still waiting for

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 22 Million Nigerians Now On Facebook Says Ebele Okobi by Bluemosquito(m): 7:06am On Nov 29, 2017
22 million looks small... 8 in every 10 youth I know is currently active on Facebook, 9 in every 10 are on facebook.. Nigeria's minimum estimated population: 170 million - with more than half its people under 30 years of age. Over 30 million youths unemployed - Nigeria is said to have the largest youth population in the world ( 50% of total population). Indirectly the facebook dude is saying 160 million Nigerians are not on facebook....

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 22 Million Nigerians Now On Facebook Says Ebele Okobi by Ugoeze2016: 7:06am On Nov 29, 2017
What are they doing on Facebook?
Re: 22 Million Nigerians Now On Facebook Says Ebele Okobi by mattyobrian(m): 7:06am On Nov 29, 2017
grin na whity accounts plenty pass ni
hehehe just saying

1 Like

Re: 22 Million Nigerians Now On Facebook Says Ebele Okobi by overhypedsteve(m): 7:07am On Nov 29, 2017
RunMyResearch.com provides research writing services to Graduates and Post Graduates of Nigerian Tertiary Institutions and even boast of having served some foreign customers.

Why use RunMyResearch.com?
1. We write a full, complete project research work for you from your own choose topic or we can get a new and unique topic for you.
2. @ Runmyresearch.com[b] we hate plagiarism [/b]and our researchers are strictly warned against generating plagiarized research for our clients. We test all our written work with the latest plagiarism test innovations in the industry.
3. We do not just write your project work for you but we also offer a free review and revision to suit the need of our customer even after we are done with your job.
4. Our price is by far the cheapest in the industry.
5. When you write your project research with https://runmyresearch.com/hire-a-researcher/ you can be sure of the best and this is because most of our researchers are lecturers and authorities in their respective fields.
6. https://runmyresearch.com have a Live chat feature where you can communicate live with the researcher assigned to your work and keep track of the progress of your work.
7. We deliver within schedule. Our researchers work very hard to make sure that we deliver even before the deadline agreed upon.

So what are you waiting for? Join us at https://runmyresearch.com/hire-a-researcher/ and get the very best from your project research writing for post graduate and undergraduates.

2 Likes

Re: 22 Million Nigerians Now On Facebook Says Ebele Okobi by eTECTIVe(m): 7:07am On Nov 29, 2017
Dat 22million is made up of d same people with multiple accounts, guys posing as gals or posing as celebs and custom officers... But dat figure though
Re: 22 Million Nigerians Now On Facebook Says Ebele Okobi by MhizzAJ(f): 7:07am On Nov 29, 2017
What's my bizness...Am not even on Facebook
Re: 22 Million Nigerians Now On Facebook Says Ebele Okobi by stonemasonn: 7:09am On Nov 29, 2017
BruncleZuma:
Only 22 million?

[img]https://media1./images/001dfba23c36f0daa45a81f1037cbcbe/tenor.gif[/img]
that's the population of another country.
Re: 22 Million Nigerians Now On Facebook Says Ebele Okobi by Charmerbeautylooks(f): 7:11am On Nov 29, 2017
Including those that keep opening an account with their names upon 20times? undecided undecided

3 Likes

Re: 22 Million Nigerians Now On Facebook Says Ebele Okobi by ceezarhh(m): 7:11am On Nov 29, 2017
how many "slay queens" then?...

Re: 22 Million Nigerians Now On Facebook Says Ebele Okobi by Olachase(m): 7:12am On Nov 29, 2017
If you won see first class slay mama just come Facebook na you go tire

1 Like

Re: 22 Million Nigerians Now On Facebook Says Ebele Okobi by Ikmontana1: 7:12am On Nov 29, 2017
hmm
Re: 22 Million Nigerians Now On Facebook Says Ebele Okobi by kay29000(m): 7:12am On Nov 29, 2017
I thought it would be more than that sef. Older people have started getting on Facebook thesedays.
Re: 22 Million Nigerians Now On Facebook Says Ebele Okobi by Nobody: 7:13am On Nov 29, 2017
Do you know how many account I operate?

1 Like

Re: 22 Million Nigerians Now On Facebook Says Ebele Okobi by Moorecsaf: 7:14am On Nov 29, 2017
That is where they live their fake life, posting all sorts of rubbish.

1 Like

Re: 22 Million Nigerians Now On Facebook Says Ebele Okobi by Launcher: 7:15am On Nov 29, 2017
Thanks to Buhari ba?
Re: 22 Million Nigerians Now On Facebook Says Ebele Okobi by Nobody: 7:16am On Nov 29, 2017
Apparently I'm not one of them.
Re: 22 Million Nigerians Now On Facebook Says Ebele Okobi by dust144(m): 7:20am On Nov 29, 2017
Even our village people are in facebook monitoring that's y I don't post again.

2 Likes

Re: 22 Million Nigerians Now On Facebook Says Ebele Okobi by RichDad1(m): 7:20am On Nov 29, 2017
I was actually expecting more.
Re: 22 Million Nigerians Now On Facebook Says Ebele Okobi by omoadeleye(m): 7:26am On Nov 29, 2017
Is that a problem?
Re: 22 Million Nigerians Now On Facebook Says Ebele Okobi by Nobody: 7:34am On Nov 29, 2017
The last thing I wanna do is to have an FB account. So razz
Re: 22 Million Nigerians Now On Facebook Says Ebele Okobi by wildchild02: 7:41am On Nov 29, 2017
Good

Check my signature to order your football jerseys and get it customized FREE OF CHARGE
Re: 22 Million Nigerians Now On Facebook Says Ebele Okobi by adecz: 7:44am On Nov 29, 2017
Should be more than 22m. angry

In my village alone, we are about
20m & we are all on fb.... wink grin grin

1 Like

Re: 22 Million Nigerians Now On Facebook Says Ebele Okobi by emeijeh(m): 7:44am On Nov 29, 2017
Only?!

It's more than that
Re: 22 Million Nigerians Now On Facebook Says Ebele Okobi by KayDEAN(m): 7:45am On Nov 29, 2017
grin like half are fraudsters

(1) (2) (Reply)

Are You Kidding Me...you Can Now Transfer Between Pc And Android Without Usb Cab / Empty / Please How Can I Get My Money Back From Jumia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.