Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,785 members, 7,831,538 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:22 PM

Why Mr Ibu Quit Boxing: "Delta Boy Gave Me An Unforgettable Beating" - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Why Mr Ibu Quit Boxing: "Delta Boy Gave Me An Unforgettable Beating" (21239 Views)

Why Mr Ibu’s Leg Was Amputated — Ex-manager, Chochoo / Nkechi Sunday: "Thank God For This Bum Bum The Lord Gave Me Free Of Charge'' / I Used To Be A Boxer Until A Delta Boy Gave Me An Unforgettable Beating – Mr Ibu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Mr Ibu Quit Boxing: "Delta Boy Gave Me An Unforgettable Beating" by shocks(m): 4:15pm On Nov 29, 2017
cheesy I've heard of punches that end careers but the Delta boxer's blows didn't just end a career, they also began a more successful one for him. Career changing blows!

1 Like

Re: Why Mr Ibu Quit Boxing: "Delta Boy Gave Me An Unforgettable Beating" by Heartbender: 4:33pm On Nov 29, 2017
Perhaps, the boy looked at your face and thought you needed a plastic job, Mr Ibu. grin
Re: Why Mr Ibu Quit Boxing: "Delta Boy Gave Me An Unforgettable Beating" by Awoo88: 4:58pm On Nov 29, 2017
princeade86:
lol. that means his a coward man without vision and mission. so nobody battered Anthony Joshua face before. champions don't quit, but losers do.
Don't blame him. He knows his an strength. Not all boxer are successful. Bash Ali is practically a beggar. Quitting might be best for him at least he is a star and a celebrity who is not begging. Steve Harvey also quit boxing to become a comedian after being knock off the ring
Re: Why Mr Ibu Quit Boxing: "Delta Boy Gave Me An Unforgettable Beating" by SmartyPants(m): 5:53pm On Nov 29, 2017
Same as me o...

It all started one day when i went to play football. I got into a minor fight and landed two to three slaps before the guy could even move. A guy watching told me, you have fast hands. It entered my head.

Again i got into another fight, and landed a combo of blows that had the guy bleeding before he could even move. It was at this point that i realized i had the potential to be a boxing star, but i didnt act on it just yet since i was a student and still in love with football.

however, the Mayweather-Pacquiao fight came around and the hype got me excited again. I finally decided to try my hand at boxing. I got in touch with a boxer acquaintance and met up with him to spar at the gym.

I had been watching video tutorials on how to box so i was feeling fairly confident, moving around, blocking punches, planing my next move, when i heard a sound from the inside of my head--whack!!--in an instant my eyes were facing the ceiling as white light flashed before me.

It took me a second to process the fact that i had just been the recipient of well-timed uppercut to my right jaw. As if this was not bad enough, i got an instant headache, and there and then i decided that if this was what boxing was all about, i was much better off sticking to my beloved football.

cry grin
Re: Why Mr Ibu Quit Boxing: "Delta Boy Gave Me An Unforgettable Beating" by Jagz16(m): 6:07pm On Nov 29, 2017
princeade86:
lol. that means his a coward man without vision and mission. so nobody battered Anthony Joshua face before. champions don't quit, but losers do.
oga dae well, you no go close mouth
Re: Why Mr Ibu Quit Boxing: "Delta Boy Gave Me An Unforgettable Beating" by olalekan225(m): 8:01pm On Nov 29, 2017
Lol, d guy for punch your big belly back inside grin
Re: Why Mr Ibu Quit Boxing: "Delta Boy Gave Me An Unforgettable Beating" by TheKingIsHere: 10:36pm On Nov 29, 2017
That's why I laugh some idiots were wan fight delta state boy. We go beat you sotee, you no go recognise yourself grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Yemi Alade Visits Orphanage In Haiti Ahead Of Headline Concert [photos] / Alex Asogwa Bags Two Endorsement Deals / Flavour And His Team Arrive Mali For A Unification Concert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.