Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,022 members, 7,838,569 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:08 AM

I Wait For Arsene Wenger But He Never Came - Antoine Griezmann - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Wait For Arsene Wenger But He Never Came - Antoine Griezmann (350 Views)

Antoine Griezmann confirms He Is Leaving Atletico Madrid Amid Barcelona Interest / Antoine Griezmann: Messi, Ronaldo And Modric Should Not Win 2018 Ballon D'or / Petr Cech Reveals Major Difference Between Jose Mourinho And Arsene Wenger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Wait For Arsene Wenger But He Never Came - Antoine Griezmann by Sport4all(m): 5:11pm On Nov 29, 2017
ANTOINE GRIEZMANN has vowed never to join Arsenal after the club opted to sign flop Yaya Sanogo over the France star.
The forward was told by the Gunners in 2013 that he was top of their transfer wishlist and Griezmann should "put aside all offers" to join the north London club.

Antoine Griezmann has vowed not to join Arsenal at any point in the future
Written in the 26-year-old's new book, transfer speculation began when Griezmann's agent, Eric Olhats, was in contact with Arsenal scout Gilles Grimandi.
Grimandi had told Olhats on several occasions that boss Arsene Wenger wanted to sign the exciting talent who was playing at Real Sociedad at the time.
Griezmann revealed how he "kept waiting" for the chance to join the Gunners until they went elsewhere on transfer deadline day.
In his book, he writes: "I waited, I waited, and I kept waiting … when there was no news, Eric called Grimandi, who said that the manager was still interested in me [and] to keep waiting. “Finally a few hours before the market closed, he let us know Arsenal would not make a move. I don’t like to be told something and for it not to happen.
"So when Eric told me later that the London club were interested again I told him: ‘Forget it, after the blow they gave us.'” Arsenal ended up splashing out on the likes of Mesut Ozil whilst Sanogo also joined on a free transfer. Now Griezmann is in the middle of a transfer tug-of-war between Barcelona and Manchester United. Reports claim that Barca have agreed a deal in principle to land the Atletico Madrid ace but the Red Devils have been long-term admirers.
His transfer fee could reach a whopping £100million after Griezmann penned a new deal this summer.
For more football news visit:

https://enweremu..com.ng/

(1) (Reply)

Pep Denies Man City Offering Messi Huge Signing-on Fee / Bayern Munich, Real Madrid Will Be Scared Of Liverpool / Football Icon Thierry Henry To Visit Nigeria On 17th December. Find Out Why!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.