Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,804 members, 7,810,098 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:40 PM

Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? - Politics (49) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? (90528 Views)

Which Geo-political Zone In Nigeria Is Capable Of Becoming A Country? / Abolish States, Adopt 6 Geo-political Zones As Federating Units – Atiku / 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria-opinion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by lazygal: 2:49pm On Dec 16, 2017
Rilwayne001:

What does this tell you? That the northern Nigeria lacks the media shows even how backward they are. In this age of media power, you use the media to portray your land in good light so as to attract investors, you only lack it because you either a backward land or you have nothing good to show of or you lack both which shows nothing but utter backward and illiteracy.

Like I said, it's because they have nothing to show, if they really have anything to show, they'll never hesitate to show it so as to attract more investors in other to further develop it. The fac5 that you are even saying this makes me wonder the kind of education you are acquiring over there, because an educated person will not be thinking like a cow rearer as you did above.

That's because most don't have access to the Internet and those that have are either here to browsing hausa movie or uploading cows on Facebook. Lol. But seriously the north have the most population in the country and yet you hardly come across them on the Internet, why is this? You know the answer yourself and you'll not agree.

I'm not arguing north and igbo land with yoi, I'm arguing north and south west. Whatever am igbo man said is his opinion.

You don't have time to present fact but you are hell bent and making blind argument and silly baseless claims? Stop acting like an illiterate now. undecided
Y

And so therefore its not part of south west?

And lagos is still Nigeria capital?

Why do you now want us to exclude it from south west?

And you are foolish for desperately wanting to exclude Lagos from south west as below and as you've been trying to do above.

What a daft post! Have you seen the population of Oyo state? And besides we have more aboki down here in south west, selling Suyas and Water melon and so on. Most even engage in shoe shining while most serve as gatemen for us. I wonder why they left their developed Kano that is better than Southwest to come and serve as our servants.

I'm sure very soon, you'll come and sell gworo too.. Hahahaha. grin grin tongue

Rilwayne I don't like how you are talking over there .have you been to the north ?why not visit first before talking .yes we lack the media to show case what we have but isn't it also the job of federal government to show case each and every one of the. States in Nigeria ?
Why not ask a lot of Yoruba's that have visited the north about the north and why a lot of them have refused to leave ?
That aside am trully happy for you over the admission and pray you get first class.Also be careful you know you are handsome ( if that pic on profile is you) devils come in form of women.

By the way. That comment in northerners not been seen on am is a joke ...please don't say that outside ..you sound tribalistic.
Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by Rilwayne001: 3:11pm On Dec 16, 2017
lazygal:

Rilwayne I don't like how you are talking over there . have you been to the north ?why not visit first before talking .yes we lack the media to show case what we have but isn't it also the job of federal government to show case each and every one of the. States in Nigeria ?
Why not ask a lot of Yoruba's that have visited the north about the north and why a lot of them have refused to leave ?

I'm sorry.

That aside am trully happy for you over the admission and pray you get first class.Also be careful you know you are handsome ( if that pic on profile is you) devils come in form of women.

Very well, thanks very much, I truly appreciate your concern and your advise. And yes, that's me on my profile.

By the way. That comment in northerners not been seen on am is a joke ...please don't say that outside ..you sound tribalistic.

Don't blame me, blame Friendng.
Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by Cjrane2: 3:11pm On Dec 16, 2017
lazygal:

Rilwayne I don't like how you are talking over there .have you been to the north ?why not visit first before talking .yes we lack the media to show case what we have but isn't it also the job of federal government to show case each and every one of the. States in Nigeria ?

In terms of proper city development, northern Nigeria is the best kept secret in Nigeria. Northern cities are truly habitable nd comfortable.
I say this as a southerner and someone who served there in the north.

My only problem with the north is that you can NEVER be truly accepted as one of them no matter how many fulani wives you have or even if you converted to islam. So at any time, the pervasive peace can turn violent and you will always be the victim because they know you are a foreigner.

If Nigeria were truly one country and at peace with itself, northern cities will be the most vibrant as Nigerians will naturally prefer to permanently live in the north. Just as Zik and all the notable figures of the past were born in northern cities. But with the tribalism, rancor and suspicion in Nigeria of today, north will remain exactly as it is for a very long time because nobody that loves his life will dare to go and settle in the north for any reason whatsoever. Personally, i'd rather settle in Libya.

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by FriendNG: 3:24pm On Dec 16, 2017
Rilwayne001:

I'm sorry.

Very well, thanks very much, I truly appreciate your concern and your advise. And yes, that's me on my profile.

Don't blame me, blame Friendng.

Blame me for what exactly? Well you left U.I to study in a northern university of illorin.
Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by lazygal: 5:51pm On Dec 16, 2017
Cjrane2:

In terms of proper city development, northern Nigeria is the best kept secret in Nigeria. Northern cities are truly habitable nd comfortable.

My only problem with the north is that you can NEVER be truly accepted as one of them no matter how many fulani wives you have or even if you converted to islam. So at any time, the pervasive peace can turn violent and you will always be the victim because they know you are a foreigner.

If Nigeria were truly one country and at peace with itself, northern cities will be the most vibrant as Nigerians will naturally prefer to permanently live in the north. Just as Zik and all the notable figures of the past were born in northern cities. But with the tribalism, rancor and suspicion in Nigeria of today, north will remain exactly as it is for a very long time because nobody that loves his life will dare to go and settle in the north for any reason whatsoever. Personally, i'd rather settle in Libya.

Very true even if you are a Muslim,speak Hausa better than them they will alwayd make reference to your tribe but we still have families that inter marry with other tines not that many sha
How ever Hausa are better than Fulani ..have you trully studied the Fulani man? They feel their blood is too pure to. Marry even Hausa worst of all another tribe

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by FriendNG: 6:10pm On Dec 16, 2017
Cjrane2:

Oya Rilwayne001 come and see people who knows the truth and wishes to state it.
Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:38pm On Dec 16, 2017
nairavsdollars:
Which zone is the most developed in Nigeria's six geo-political zones?

North East
North West
North Central
South East
South South
South West
North East, with the help of boko haram

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by B2mario(m): 6:48pm On Dec 17, 2017
Cjrane2:

Hmmm, Oga are you sure of what you've just said, which part of the North?

Apart from Kano and Kaduna which other part of the North can someone be proud of?

Abuja is the federal capital while Sokoto and Jos are not like what people take them to be. North pays little or no attention to inner streets and this is a big problem.

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by nairavsdollars(f): 3:29pm On Apr 07, 2018
Have you been to Taraba before? Far better than Kano, Kaduna combined?

B2mario:

Hmmm, Oga are you sure of what you've just said, which part of the North?

Apart from Kano and Kaduna which other part of the North can someone be proud of?

Abuja is the federal capital while Sokoto and Jos are not like what people take them to be. North pays little or no attention to inner streets and this is a big problem.
Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by oyatz(m): 4:42pm On Mar 16, 2019
The old Federal capital was limited to (what we now call) 5 LGAs- Lagos Island, L/Mainland, Eti-Osa, Apapa and PARTS of Surulere LGAs.The old FCT stopped at Railway crossing at Yaba.

Shomolu,Mushin, Badagry, Ikeja, Oshodi, Ajeromi-Ifelodun, Alimosho, Kosofe, Agege, Ojo, Oshodi-Isolo etc were NEVER parts of the FCT but we're carved out of the Western Region and merged with the Five LGAs time to form Lagos State in 1967.

meforyou1:
liar. The fct was lagos island and mainland. Yaba, surulere,onyigbo, lagos island, apapa, ikoyi, vi were all parts of the fct
Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by hisexcellency34: 5:01pm On Aug 28, 2019
South East! Most developed economically and politically

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by scholes0(m): 10:30pm On Apr 06, 2020
Jetleeeee

One of those threads. grin
Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by Sammy07: 10:45pm On Apr 06, 2020
scholes0:
Jetleeeee

Lol, you woke this thread cheesy

I was just scrolling through laughing how our developers where brutalized
Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by bigpicture001: 10:49pm On Apr 06, 2020
Alariiwo:
It's very visible to even the blind.. SW is the best.

The SE surprisingly falls in the least position despite their small size and landmass.
Northern zones are just there, fairing well.

SW contributes the largest IGR to Nigeria. Over 60% of total revenue generated in the country.

Must u show everyone how sleepless south east makes you...?

Your rushing to compare a region where bombs and artillery destroyed continuously for 3 year and the people impoverished...?

For them to even com to your mind as base of arguments shows.. Your scared of them and astonished they can even be a contender...?

Bros grow up,tribalism no dey pay; gives only worries

2 Likes

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by bigpicture001: 10:58pm On Apr 06, 2020
TheHistorian:

Firstly,Whatever you suffered(most probably the Civil war) wasn't a fault of anybody...any fuçking body.You were all gullibly deceived by a hairy chest dumbass into the creation of an imaginary Biafra that will never exist.

Moving On,The Civil war was not only fought in the SE,it extends to parts of SS yet these people does not litter our hearing with lamentations and blame-trading.

Like WTF!...SW leads bruv. wink

Mr. History..did u not read abt the masacar at the Lagos airport of returning Igbo ppl from abroad..? By MMA...?

Mr history I guess ur book tour and never gave you chance to read abt the massacre of Igbo's in northern Nigeria..of over 700thousand...?

Or are all this killings after ,before or during the war...?

Sentiment will bury u alive...the genaral called for war like a soldier that he is...if he is soon wrong his Yoruba commander wouldn't have supported him....

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by bigpicture001: 11:03pm On Apr 06, 2020
Jaideyone:
lol see IBO pained people up there telling us to remove Lagos. Lagos island was the fct not the whole of Lagos state. even without Lagos, the southwest is ahead of the south east.

You see where ur mumu start...is asokoro and its environs not abj most important areas? Why den is FG building roads at gwagwalada and the outer abj...

Grow up

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by Sammy07: 11:12pm On Apr 06, 2020
bigpicture001:

Must u show everyone how sleepless south east makes you...?

Your rushing to compare a region where bombs and artillery destroyed continuously for 3 year and the people impoverished...?

For them to even com to your mind as base of arguments shows.. Your scared of them and astonished they can even be a contender...?

Bros grow up,tribalism no dey pay; gives only worries

We send Una to fight civil war ni?

You asked for it and was given

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by Sammy07: 11:13pm On Apr 06, 2020
bigpicture001:

You see where ur mumu start...is asokoro and its environs not abj most important areas? Why den is FG building roads at gwagwalada and the outer abj...

Grow up

Learn you won't.
Only Lagos island and few areas were FCT then.
You guys don't understand English??
Or you don't make research
Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by bigpicture001: 11:26pm On Apr 06, 2020
Sammy07:

Learn you won't.
Only Lagos island and few areas were FCT then.
You guys don't understand English??
Or you don't make research

Who designedvnd built Lagos badagry express road...? ...

Lagos govt...

Who built all those many famous bridges across Lagos..? Lagost state government...

Guy park and use one bottle of orijin calm down

3 Likes

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by Sammy07: 11:33pm On Apr 06, 2020
bigpicture001:

Lagos govt...

Who built all those many famous bridges across Lagos..? Lagost state government...

Guy, some bridges where built from Sovereign Wealth Fund and Budget, some public private partnership, some were shared between the federal government and state government
Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by bigpicture001: 11:36pm On Apr 06, 2020
Sammy07:

Guy, some bridges where built from Sovereign Wealth Fund and Budget, some public private partnership, some were shared between the federal government and state government

At what year is my interest...? During Lagos as FCT or not..?
Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by bigpicture001: 11:41pm On Apr 06, 2020
Sammy07:

We send Una to fight civil war ni?

You asked for it and was given

Bros its enough...cuz I don't tink I quoted u anywhere...?
Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:04am On Apr 08, 2020
scholes0:
Jetleeeee

Wow. How did I miss this thread.

Those guys really finished work
Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by Jaideyone(m): 2:48pm On Apr 16, 2020
bigpicture001:

Grow up
what is this slowpoke talking about?
ebute meta, yaba, surulere, apapa, ikeja, etc were all under the control of the old Western region. the FG only occupied the marina part of Lagos island which was the capital back then. you shouldn't be saying things you don't know

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by oyatz(m): 7:44am On Jun 09, 2020
Only a very small part of Lagos State was ever Federal Capital (From Victoria Island, Apapa to Yaba.) Any where after the railway crossing at Yaba intobJibowu or Mushin marked the beginning of Western Region.

Mushin, Shomolu, Ikeja, Oshodi-Isolo Agege, Ibeju--Lekki, Ajeromi-Ifelodun, Ojo, Alimosho etc were never part of Federal Capital but were under Western Region.

Enugu city was the Capital of Old Eastern Region but NOT the whole of Enugu State.

gidgiddy:

Back in day, Lagos used to be separate from the Western Region as Lagos was the Capital territory. After the capital was moved to Abuja, Lagos was claimed by the western Region.

I have always maintained that had Lagos never been made capital of Nigeria by by the British, Yorubas would not have been able to make it what it is today
Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by oyatz(m): 8:17am On Jun 09, 2020
There are Federal Roads in ALL the States connecting one State to the other or connecting Nigeria to neighboring Countries e.g Lagos-Badagary road which leads to Benin Republic, Togo etc.

The Bridges were built over the Rivers and Lagoons which are the areas that were under the Federal Capital.

Some Traffic Flyovers were also built outside the old FCT by the Federal Government to facilitate entrance into the old Federal Capital.

Some other Bridges and Fly overs were built by the Lagos State Government e.g the Lekki-Epe Suspended Bridge.

There are examples of Federal Government built Bridges in other parts of Nigeria e.g the Niger Bridge,Onitsha built under Tafawa Balewa Government in 1965 and the Mokwa-Jebba Bridge.

It's interesting to State here that the Tafawa Balewa administration first conceptualized the Third Mainland Bridge and the Gowon Regime started the construction under the supervision of Arch Femi Okunu (an illustrious son of Lagos) as the Federal Commissioner of Works.

bigpicture001:

Lagos govt...

2 Likes

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by RichDaniels: 9:46pm On Nov 15, 2022
Just reading this thread in 2022 and I am so surprised how oblivious Nigerians were to the true development in the country. This thread started in 2017, in 2019 a research between the United Nations Development Programme, Radboud University and the Nigerian Bureau of Statistics revealed that southeast states are actually developed than you think. All south east states, except Ebonyi made it to the top ten states in Nigeria having high development indexes.

Infact the southeast was the only region to be 80% represented on the top ten list, the southwest had only Lagos and Ogun on the top ten (2 states), and the southsouth had 3 states (Delta, Bayelsa, Rivers,) the last region to finish the top ten was the FCT (not a state but was ranked). No Northeast, Northwest or North-central state made it to the top ten developed states. The top ten was as follows:

1. Lagos
2. Ogun
3. Anambra
4. Delta
5. Bayelsa
6. Imo
6. Rivers
8. FCT
8. Abia
10. Enugu

The problem is that you all just take a single city to judge the overall development of a state. Ibadan, Port-Harcourt, Abuja, Kano might do better than the cities of Aba, Onitsha, Enugu, Owerri, Awka (arguably) but you fail to understand that what the southeast call villages are actually small towns with well developed structures, road, proprer serenity, and a modern living style. you would hardly meet a mud house or brown roof even in a village.

from the research above, the southeast with 4/5 states at the top ten is arguably the most developed region in terms of spread.

Also, development is not the tall buildings and paved roads, it is the living standards of the people. if developement was the tall building and infrastructure China, Russia, Iran, Mexico, South Africa and Ukraine would have been developed nations (as at the time this article was written on November 2022, these countries were developing) infact Chinese city of Shangai, Beijing and Macau have better infrastructure than cities in Israel, Malta, georgia, Italy and spain but these countries are developed. Development is based on the living standards of your people, which is measured by the Human development index of the people in your location (HDI) which is palced at 0.80 for international development. The HDI for the top ten states are as follows:

1. Lagos 0.686 similar to Morocco
2. Ogun 0.675 similar to Iraq
3. Anambra 0.668 similar to Elsalvador
4. Delta 0.667 similar to Tajikistan
5. Bayelsa 0.655 similar to Nicaragua
6. Imo 0.653 similar to Bhutan
6. Rivers 0.653 similar to Bhutan
8. FCT 0.651 similar to India
9. Abia 0.650 similar to Namibia
10. Enugu 0.645 similar to Haunduras

The Nigerian HDI is 0.539. Thank you.

The link to the research by the UNDP and Radboud University

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nigerian_states_by_Human_Development_Index

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? by hafeeanubasy: 8:00am On Jan 27
JBismarck:

You wrong. 80% of the total landmass of current Lagos State was part of Western Region. Check the records. And when Lagos was made a state in 1969, there existed Lagos State Government with capital at Ikeja while FCT was at Lagos Island. Tell me the state govt didn't do anything since 1969 to develop the state.
Don't even mind the mumu.
So,it was FG that built Ibadan to the level of the greatest Nigerian city at independence before Lagos takes over?
When Ibadan was been refered to as city,all their towns were still villages

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (Reply)

FG To Demolish Bishop Oyedepo’s Hangar At Lagos Airport / White People React As Buhari Says He Is Not Cloned In Poland (photos / Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.