Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,142 members, 7,821,894 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:05 PM

Truck Drivers Arraigned Over #15m Goods - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Truck Drivers Arraigned Over #15m Goods (427 Views)

Lagos Task Force Arrests Gang That Extorts Money From Truck Drivers. / Abuja Based Car Dealer Arraigned Over $25,300 Fraud. Photo / Yahoo Corper Arraigned Over £12.5m Internet Fraud. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Truck Drivers Arraigned Over #15m Goods by JideAmuGiaka: 11:03pm On Nov 29, 2017
By Chisom Unachukwu

Lagos— Two Truck drivers of Laudable Haulage limited, Lagos, Lukman Isaq, 27 and Ibrahim Hassan, 42, who allegedly stole Procter and Gamble’s product worth N15million, were yesterday arraigned before an Igbosere Magistrate’s court. The defendants, whose residential addresses were not given, are facing a two count charge bordering on conspiracy and stealing preferred against them by the police.
The prosecutor, Sergeant Chinedu Njoku, told the court that the defendants and others still at large committed the alleged offences between August 1 and 25, 2017.

He said that the incident occurred at Mile 2 area of Lagos.
Njoku told the court that the defendants and others still at large loaded the truck with Procter and Gamble goods at APMT terminal to be delivered at Procter and Gamble’s plant, in Agbara, Ogun State for offloading, but diverted the goods.
He ‘’Said the defendants on their way to Agbara, branched at a Warehouse, in Mile 2, and offloaded some of these items, 457 cartons of Oral B toothpaste, 328 cartons of Ariel soap and 487 bags of pampers all totalling N15 million, property of Procter and Camble.
According to the prosecutor, the offences committed are punishable under section 411 and 287(2) (b) (f) of Criminal law of Lagos State of Nigeria 2015.

However, the defendants pleaded not guilty to the charge.
The magistrate Mrs .F.O Botoku granted them bail in the sum of N1million with two sureties in like sum.
She added that the sureties must be gainfully employed with verifiable addresses and show evidence of tax payment to the Lagos State government.
The case was adjourned to December 21, 2017, for a mention.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/11/truck-drivers-arraigned-n15m-goods/
Re: Truck Drivers Arraigned Over #15m Goods by PointZerom: 11:07pm On Nov 29, 2017
"Lukman Isaq, 27 and Ibrahim Hassan, 42"

Re: Truck Drivers Arraigned Over #15m Goods by Flexherbal(m): 11:08pm On Nov 29, 2017
See case !
Re: Truck Drivers Arraigned Over #15m Goods by Codeofconduct(m): 11:38pm On Nov 29, 2017
Okay first of all,
what's all this absurd trend of name checking here about?
Having said that, now back to the topic:
1. Crime is crime, and it flows on all racial human beings.
curtail a weed early,
and you'll save your crops or better put you'll have a bountyful harvest.

2. Things don't just happen; they are caused by certain human mindsets, what motivates you as an individual or why do you act the way you do?

3. I find it strange that people will cart away products/goods, and still stay in thesame city...
is it just me or this story is not adding up?
atleast for them to plead not guilty,
it means there's a twist somewhere,
say's my humble opinion.

4. Lastly,
I wish our courts can somehow have a way of speeding trials,
instead of all this long adjournment.
but who am I?
I just a layman with a 1001 opinions

long live my beloved country...
I still believe on the foundations my fathers built with their blood; "A country where peace and unity shall rain again"

meanwhile where is lalasticlala self....
Re: Truck Drivers Arraigned Over #15m Goods by vchykp(m): 4:03am On Nov 30, 2017
lolx.. before it was nestle, later IDL now P&G.. it happens everyday in my side, mostly nestle, i wonder how this companies survive with this amount of loss, because lots do this illegal buisness and go free, only few are been caught, well.. thanks to God i have stopped illegal stuffs like this sha
Re: Truck Drivers Arraigned Over #15m Goods by JideAmuGiaka: 6:54am On Nov 30, 2017
mynd44 lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

Ikoyi Cash: Union Banks Lays Claim To The Money Recovered By EFCC / Baby Suffers From Horrific Burns After Parents Placed Him In Microwave / Frsc Boss Embezzle Election Money For Its Personnel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.