Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,090 members, 7,845,596 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

Changing Nigeria: What, When, Where And Most Importantly How? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Changing Nigeria: What, When, Where And Most Importantly How? (554 Views)

6 Types Of Voters In Nigeria. What Type Are You? / Hero Of A Changing Nigeria: Former Nigeria Immigration Service Boss, Mrs Uzoma / Igbos, Our Hopes, Dreams And Fears In A Fast Changing Nigeria (part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Changing Nigeria: What, When, Where And Most Importantly How? by naijamini(m): 1:03pm On Mar 27, 2010
We all want Nigeria to change, but it is not clear to me that we are sure of too much beyond that:

1. What would change in Nigeria look like or would we know change when we see it?
2. Can change in Nigeria be revolutionary or evolutionary a.k.a. fast or slow? Why or why not?
2. What in Nigeria needs to change - who, where and when?
3. Most importantly how would you go about changing Nigeria?
Re: Changing Nigeria: What, When, Where And Most Importantly How? by rerute1(m): 3:08pm On Mar 27, 2010
Wat nigeria needs is effective leadership. But how can one lead wen he/she has no idea of wat true leadership is, not to talk of d qualities a leader is supposed to possess. We need to go back to d roots and re-define wat leadership is. I hav put up a blog on leadership and it ranks no. 3 in google search for d phrase - rightful living. So u could check www.rerute-blueboy..com . Thanks
Re: Changing Nigeria: What, When, Where And Most Importantly How? by Sunofgod(m): 3:25pm On Mar 27, 2010
Answers - To Be Taken Seriously Unlike the Post / Postee

1) When you see people getting along and respecting each other (Nigeria needs to split)

2) Change cannot be revolutionary as there are more cowards than brave people in Nigeria. It cannot be evolutionary are there are more backward thinking people than progressive minds.

3) Who needs to change = Northerners; Where needs to change = the North; When - Yesterday.

4) Start with detanating simultaneously a small to medium sized biologiical,chemically and nuclear bomb in the North.
Re: Changing Nigeria: What, When, Where And Most Importantly How? by naijamini(m): 3:30pm On Mar 27, 2010
Nice blog. On this topic are you suggesting that Nigeria is lacking in people with leadership qualities or that those with true leadership qualities have no chance in our current system? In the former case, how do we go about developing leadership? Since this would not be an overnight process, what do we do in the meantime? In the latter case, how do we change the system so the true leaders rise to the top?

rerute1:

Wat nigeria needs is effective leadership. But how can one lead wen he/she has no idea of wat true leadership is, not to talk of d qualities a leader is supposed to possess. We need to go back to d roots and re-define wat leadership is. I hav put up a blog on leadership and it ranks no. 3 in google search for d phrase - rightful living. So u could check www.rerute-blueboy..com . Thanks
Re: Changing Nigeria: What, When, Where And Most Importantly How? by naijamini(m): 3:36pm On Mar 27, 2010
@Sun of god
Serious topics like this are meant to look for serious answers. I have asked the moderator to remove your incendiary message. Please desist from making these kind of statements.
Re: Changing Nigeria: What, When, Where And Most Importantly How? by SapeleGuy: 3:52pm On Mar 27, 2010
Naijamini - it goes back to all of us agreeing some ground rules based on equity, equality and accountability.

The moment they agreed to sharia law and to the cowardly surrender of Bakassi, the matter begin to get k leg for my eye.
Re: Changing Nigeria: What, When, Where And Most Importantly How? by SapeleGuy: 3:59pm On Mar 27, 2010
Rerute1- I'm impressed by your thinking but these people know right from wrong, they chose to perpetrate evil and wrong because it personally benefits them.

Some of them are very very intelligent but that is not enough to compensate for their inherent wickedness.
Re: Changing Nigeria: What, When, Where And Most Importantly How? by stiyke(m): 4:47pm On Mar 27, 2010
What would change nigeria --- Nothing except break up!
When will nigeria change --- Never except it breaks up!!
How will nigeria change ---- When nairalanders quit cowardise, stop hiding under anonimity and take actions, not writing rubish on NL forum. Just talk talk talk them sabi.

Mind u am not an apostle of break up but its the sad truth.
Re: Changing Nigeria: What, When, Where And Most Importantly How? by naijamini(m): 7:22pm On Mar 27, 2010
@Sun of God
Whatever points you have in the first three items below (and I believe everything should be discussed - if you point to the north then you certainly ought to know that you probably have similar issues in whichever state you come from), one would have to conclude that you have gone over the deep end with the fourth one. That is why the entire reply becomes unserious. How can you even think to discuss or suggest such an idea, if you want to be taken seriously?

Sun of god:

Answers - To Be Taken Seriously Unlike the Post / Postee

1) When you see people getting along and respecting each other (Nigeria needs to split)

2) Change cannot be revolutionary as there are more cowards than brave people in Nigeria. It cannot be evolutionary are there are more backward thinking people than progressive minds.

3) Who needs to change = Northerners; Where needs to change = the North; When - Yesterday.

4) Start with detanating simultaneously a small to medium sized biologiical,chemically and nuclear bomb in the North.
Re: Changing Nigeria: What, When, Where And Most Importantly How? by Sunofgod(m): 8:55pm On Mar 27, 2010
Lets start by tackling the bigger problems. (The Northern Ideology - Sharia Law)

And implement solutions that will have an effect as opposed to talk talk talk.(Blow up the place if the refuse to split or drop that sharia bullshit and become one with Nigeria again)

Most parasites 'hate' their hosts but cannot live without them. The host therefore must remove the parasite or face potential death.

When your confronted with a mosquito you generally try to kill it.

Therefore I stand by my post.
Re: Changing Nigeria: What, When, Where And Most Importantly How? by naijamini(m): 9:18pm On Mar 27, 2010
Certainly you are not suggesting that after you rid yourself of the "north" if some region within the south starts acting the same way you would simply apply the same solution. If not, then there is no way your solution can be reasonable in any way applied to the north. That is the problem with your solution.

There are other ways to achieve your independence all involving different degrees of violence. You cannot let your mind dwell on the most violent means, such an approach means that you would have neither peace nor satisfaction.

For states that are selfishly pursuing sharia, well an equivalent thing is to impose your own state law in your state. Start acting like an independent state in an equivalent way - explicitly create a state police to force the issue to the supreme court - call it a customary court but let it take over state security.

In essence, if dialogue is spurned you don't necessarily seek to destroy anyone, but please protect yourself - superbly enough that any potential attacker would think twice, and if they do attack, it would be their funeral. That is not the same thing as advocating destruction of any region or people - simply that if you like to swing your hand (to slap me) I have the right to protect my head, but I don't have the right to preempt-ly cut off your hand.

Really, we are better as one than many regions, if we truly learn to resolve our differences.

Sun of god:

Lets start by tackling the bigger problems. (The Northern Ideology)

And implement solutions that will have an effect as opposed to talk talk talk.(Blow up the place if the refuse to split or drop that sharia bullshit and become one with Nigeria again)

Most parasites 'hate' their hosts but cannot live without them. The host therefore must remove the parasite or face potential death.

Therefore I stand by my post.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Corruption Fighter Nuhu Ribadu May Return Soon / 2011 Presidency: Britain, Us, Others, Please Hands Off / Saddam Hussein Palaces Future Tourist Mecca?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.