Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,969 members, 7,814,272 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:18 AM

Have You Ever Lost Cash To An ATM? - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Have You Ever Lost Cash To An ATM? (9564 Views)

Poll: Have You Ever Lost Money In That Way?

Yes: 41% (41 votes)
No: 59% (59 votes)
This poll has ended

Have You Ever Been Left Stranded By An ATM? !!!share Your Experience / Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Lost Cash To An ATM? by babymi2(f): 2:11pm On Mar 29, 2010
well in my own case i lost 30k to UBA ATM but after i trouble them my account was later credited after 1month
Re: Have You Ever Lost Cash To An ATM? by soldee: 2:31pm On Mar 29, 2010
Aso Savings will charge you the additional the N100 per use even when you use their own ATM card in their own ATM machine! You can imagine just how much they're raking in by that single dishonest move!
Re: Have You Ever Lost Cash To An ATM? by honeric01(m): 3:22pm On Mar 29, 2010
Well, been to the branch, reported my case, the dude said i should go home and that they are going to credit my account and once that's done, I'd get the alert on my phone.
Re: Have You Ever Lost Cash To An ATM? by saintneo(m): 3:35pm On Mar 29, 2010
Dishonesty in its acme. Why didn't you return the money to your bank? Had it been it's you that lost the money to the atm, I trust, you woud have filed several complaints to the bank. Nigerians, I hail thee

mr. honesty. dd u ask me what my reaction was before u concluded on your lousy sentence.
Re: Have You Ever Lost Cash To An ATM? by ohisng(m): 3:37pm On Mar 29, 2010
someone stole money using ATM card (not mine cos its ALWAYS with me) to withdraw 120,000 from my account at FIRST BANK, SILUKO ROAD, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE. And the bank didnt send me SMS notification until 48HOURS LATER!!!
Since i wrote them and all i get is "we are investigating" even after FIVE months!!!
Re: Have You Ever Lost Cash To An ATM? by kemisuga(f): 3:47pm On Mar 29, 2010
I am scared of ATM machines. Prefer collecting my money at the counter.
Re: Have You Ever Lost Cash To An ATM? by enomakos(m): 3:51pm On Mar 29, 2010
report the problem to your bank man
Re: Have You Ever Lost Cash To An ATM? by solokay(m): 3:52pm On Mar 29, 2010
no, nothing like this ever happened to me both here in the US and in nigeria.
Re: Have You Ever Lost Cash To An ATM? by atilla(m): 3:56pm On Mar 29, 2010
sweetmadam:

@lilvonz
HOW CAN YOU BE THE GRAMMAR POLICE WHEN YOU CANNOT EVEN SPELL GRAMMAR? LOL
IT'S SPELT GRAMMAR AND NOT GRAMMER!!!!!

lolz
Re: Have You Ever Lost Cash To An ATM? by Gunnaz007: 3:59pm On Mar 29, 2010
honeric01:

Well, i just called the customer care, they told me to go to the branch or any branch to fill a form, I'm going to be heading to the bank pretty soon, #10k nobi small money oo because that one go reach me buy fuel for 2 months. (gen)

Anyways, thanks guys, the most annoying is the fact that i didn't get the text until the next day when i went to withdraw #80k from the same ATM.

bro wait oo, which ATM paid you #160k in a day? which bank is that?

honeric, neva mind some faceless high school kids that hide behind the pc to post bunkom! d guy just disgraced himself in a public forum! If i were him i wud change my username fast!!! 160k for atm shocked shocked shocked = itchy fingers  cheesy cheesy cheesy lol,

Re: Have You Ever Lost Cash To An ATM? by honeric01(m): 4:06pm On Mar 29, 2010
Gunnaz007:

honeric, neva mind some faceless high school kids that hide behind the pc to post bunkom! d guy just disgraced himself in a public forum! If i were him i wud change my username fast!!! 160k for atm Shocked Shocked Shocked = itchy fingers Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy lol,

you dey mind them? grin
Re: Have You Ever Lost Cash To An ATM? by ekiba: 4:28pm On Mar 29, 2010
I need to get something straight.Did u enter d N20k at once or did u enter 10k twice?If u entered it once,there is no reason for d machine to dispense just half of it,so i guess u entered 10k twice. This error occurs at times on ATMs as a result of link downtime/network failure.Just like when u try to make calls on ur GSM phone and it doesn't go thru or if ur text is not delivered and u are charged for it.(It has happened to me before) Just go to the nearest branch of ur bank to lodge a complaint and it will be corrected. Please let's not discourage ourselves from the use of ATM. I think it has more advantages than disadvantages.
Re: Have You Ever Lost Cash To An ATM? by lannre(m): 4:40pm On Mar 29, 2010
I HAVE NOT  but I am investigating a similar case that affects a member of staff. Will brief the forum on the outcome.It is POS ,bla bla not ATM ,
Re: Have You Ever Lost Cash To An ATM? by dominique(f): 4:47pm On Mar 29, 2010
i've lost money in atm once and it took weeks for them to recover it cos i used a different bank's atm angry.
the machine once swallowed the cart at the airport, i was almost hysterical, i almost broke the yeye machine till it eventually coughed it out tongue.
as for the atm giving me the wrong balance, never happened to me before cool.
Re: Have You Ever Lost Cash To An ATM? by shilling(f): 5:17pm On Mar 29, 2010
I haven't heard of this, but I know vending machines eat people's money all the time. $1.25 for a coke, no change, so you give it a $20 bill, and then it gives you two 50c coins
Re: Have You Ever Lost Cash To An ATM? by ovii: 5:30pm On Mar 29, 2010
twice i have lost money to ATM

first= i tried to withdraw 20k the machine said unavailable to dispense cash i left only to discover two days later that my account was debited i went to my branch and they keep insisting that i withdraw the cash that was how i lost that 20k

secondly= i went to the ATM to withdraw 20k on a Friday night to my greatest surprise i was paid 19k 18 1k note and two 500 naira note hidden in the middle on Monday i went to complain to the bank they just pretending to be as surprise as i am and finally someone just apologize to me and that was all.
 angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry sad sad sad sad sad cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Have You Ever Lost Cash To An ATM? by hackney(m): 5:33pm On Mar 29, 2010
ATMs in other places are mistakenly dishing out double and the nigerian ones
are halfing withdrawals;
is that country not hell on earth?
Re: Have You Ever Lost Cash To An ATM? by donciccio: 5:47pm On Mar 29, 2010
@Poster its an easy case tho it all depends on your bank.
Ive had a similar case like this I tried to withdraw one saturday from a UBA ATM along airport road and i was short paid 20K, felt so bad. So the nxtt monday i went to a branch of my bank at shoprite and made a complain, they gave me a form to fill and requested for the long numbers on my ATM card "NOT the PIN". After filling the form and submitting three days later amount was credited with the 20K. Thanx to Skye bank.
2nd case of such with a Skye bank ATM, the day i reported and was asked to fill the same form, before close of work my lost 10K was credited back. Thats all, So poster u can take the same step to redeem ur cash.
Re: Have You Ever Lost Cash To An ATM? by Nobody: 5:58pm On Mar 29, 2010
stay off intercontinental bank ATM, they are fraudulent.
Re: Have You Ever Lost Cash To An ATM? by chiscomi: 6:05pm On Mar 29, 2010
Yep! just go 2 ur bank & complain they will give u a form to fill then after 1month ur money be returned 2 u. i.e if it's not ur bank's ATM machine. Mine was returned after 1month cos it wasn't my bank's ATM machine.
Re: Have You Ever Lost Cash To An ATM? by mamagee3(f): 6:35pm On Mar 29, 2010
I haven't lost my money to an atm, To me it sounds impossible to lose money in an ATM because they are designed in a special way even better than an ordinary vending machine, so I doubt one can lose money in one.
Re: Have You Ever Lost Cash To An ATM? by InesQor(m): 7:14pm On Mar 29, 2010
I remember some months back, I was in Lagos and I needed to withdraw some money from the ATM. Unfortunately, I had finished keying in all my details and the money was coming upwards on the tray. Just before the vending slot opened up, NEPA CUT OFF THE POWER!  shocked shocked shocked cool embarassed lipsrsealed

I was stunned. The bank security guard went to put on the generator as I waited, it was late in the evening on a Friday so I hoped there won't be complications for which i would wait till Monday. When the ATM came on, I heard the sound as the tray returned downwards  lipsrsealed embarassed after a job assumed well done    sad

I let the ATM boot up, then I checked my account balance. The money was gone. Unfortunately, that was a good sum, and I was never able to recover it because there is no evidence that the vending slot didn't open up and I took the cash from the tray. I pushed it with the bank the next banking day (Monday) but I eventually had to let it go.

Terrible! Terrible!! Yaradua give Nigeria light o!! LOLz. Abi na Goodluck sef?  cheesy
Re: Have You Ever Lost Cash To An ATM? by nairaAdmin(m): 7:36pm On Mar 29, 2010
Yes! but the cash then wasn't much as yours and my account was credited back within w4hours---GTBank wink
Re: Have You Ever Lost Cash To An ATM? by honeric01(m): 7:50pm On Mar 29, 2010
The guy i met at the desk said i should go and that my account is going to be credited just like that, no form filling, nothing nothing, well, i am waiting to see what's going to happen in the next 48hrs.
Re: Have You Ever Lost Cash To An ATM? by dominique(f): 9:04pm On Mar 29, 2010
pureminded:

yeah , last yr, one atm around adeniyi jones (Ikeja), was a weekend tho , I entered 20k and the thief gave me just d rcpt after processing for like 15mins, I was surprised and tot it's rcpt before cash , i waited, still no money ? what ? i was even bending and looking inside maybe my money is coming but ain't no cash showing  embarassed,

Very painful and disappointing! abt 2 mins ltr , a lady came out of the bank and asked if there's a problem, i explained and she said the money will be reversed back to my acct the nxt monday or i rather complain at my bank (Where i opened the acct (Ibadan) ), Till this hr, Those crooks didn't return my money O, I went to the bank like a zillion time (Filled one silly form) and they keep telling me stories, I just bone, I'm not using the acct anymore tho, (Skye bank) na 'em worse passssss  angry

got me a good laff reading this one grin grin grin grin
Re: Have You Ever Lost Cash To An ATM? by axeman85(m): 9:39pm On Mar 29, 2010
as i keep saying and will continue to do, most times i prefer to keep my cash inside my house at least no one know say money dey house. and i am guaranteed of its safety. inside safe for my house. or better still go and queue at the banking hall and collect money, since ATM has decided to go on a defrauding spree and no paymnt holiday. i revert back to the old method of banking.
Re: Have You Ever Lost Cash To An ATM? by Nobody: 9:43pm On Mar 29, 2010
LOST 20,000 TO SKYE BANK ATM MACHINE TILL DATE
POLITE ROBBERRY!!!!!! cry
Re: Have You Ever Lost Cash To An ATM? by Ladytemi(f): 10:12pm On Mar 29, 2010
I have never lost money to an atm machine, but I have heard from friends who have lost their cards to the machines.
Re: Have You Ever Lost Cash To An ATM? by eros(m): 10:55pm On Mar 29, 2010
Yea, i once did but recovered my cash 2 weeks later. cool cool
Re: Have You Ever Lost Cash To An ATM? by ogbongzky(m): 11:17pm On Mar 29, 2010
It has happened to me before,

Well, just report the case to the bank, if the atm debits you for money you didnt collect, it will be refunded to you BUT if it is a debit on your account while you are at home or somewhere (ATM hack), YOU MIGHT NOT GET YOUR MONEY BACK,
Re: Have You Ever Lost Cash To An ATM? by ceasyc(f): 5:01am On Mar 30, 2010
@topic
NO!
Re: Have You Ever Lost Cash To An ATM? by Moreti(m): 8:15am On Mar 30, 2010
Just go to the nearest branch of the bank and report, they will respond within 72 hrs or less, its a new rule or they will be sanctioned.

The era of 1 month is over, wether it is your bank or not. I was credited almost immidiateley at FinBank and they actually explained this to me. The system is even automated if they don't respond in 72hrs you get credited automatically.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

CBN Reduces Banks' Loan To Deposit Ratio From 65% To 50% / CBN Extends Support To Skye Bank / Why Interest Rate Is High — CBN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.