Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,091 members, 7,953,328 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:19 PM

Battered Referee Threatens To Quit! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Battered Referee Threatens To Quit! (587 Views)

Desire Oparanozie Battered During AWCON Match / FG Threatens To Stop Oliseh’s Unveiling On Wednesday / Emenike Threatens To Quit Super Eagles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Battered Referee Threatens To Quit! by honeric01(m): 3:24pm On Mar 27, 2010
Few days after being assaulted during a league tie between Niger Tornadoes and Bayelsa United in Minna, center referee, Gabriel Ikechukwu Adigwe may decide to call it quit with the whistles’ job.

Making this declaration during a chat with brilafm.net in Lagos, Adigwe disclosed that he still has pains in his head, after receiving blows from irate fans, and said he is still traumatized with the psychological impact of the incident.

“I’m still nursing pains on the back of my head, where I received blows and everything is still giving me a big psychological pressure.

“Probably, I’m thinking about quitting, because I still have this psychological thing about the fear of being beaten again. It is painful what the fear of being beaten gives to my mind.

“It affects my confidence, affects my psyche, affects my game. I don’t pray to experience something like that again,” he submitted.

(1) (Reply)

Algeria Qualify For Chan / Nsofor And Obasi On Fire! / Togo's African Cup Ban Is Lifted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.