Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,046 members, 7,814,588 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:43 PM

Yusuf Says He’s Now 80% Fit - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Yusuf Says He’s Now 80% Fit (1100 Views)

Ujah Gets Under-23 Call-up While Gege Soriola Replaces Yusuf Mohammed: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yusuf Says He’s Now 80% Fit by honeric01(m): 3:32pm On Mar 27, 2010
Recuperating Super Eagles defender, Yusuf Mohammed has been rated 80 percent to full recovery from the career threatening injury he suffered at the 2010 Africa Cup of Nations in Angola.

Yusuf stated in a chat with brilafm.net that his doctor has given him a comforting verdict and praised Nigeria Football Federation officials for constantly keeping in touch and visited him in Johannesburg, South Africa to check his recovery.

“I’m almost 80 per cent back to full recovery. The doctor told me that I am more than 70 per cent and I am happy that I am getting better. I am not fully fit yet, but I am about 80.

“I just have to thank the officials for standing by me. What those people have done for me has touched me and I have to show appreciation.

“I know people say most players do not show appreciation, but I am not like that. I am so happy with them and I have to show appreciation,” he stated.

Source : Brilafm.net

Re: Yusuf Says He’s Now 80% Fit by Duduknight(m): 3:42pm On Mar 27, 2010
Recover but please do not find your way to the Eagles camp.
Re: Yusuf Says He’s Now 80% Fit by honeric01(m): 3:46pm On Mar 27, 2010
Why did you say what you said? is he not a good player? he improved throughout his playing time in Angola and i think he's worth considering (better than some of the defenders we went with.
Re: Yusuf Says He’s Now 80% Fit by Duduknight(m): 5:39pm On Mar 27, 2010
honeric01:

Why did you say what you said? is he not a good player? he improved throughout his playing time in Angola and i think he's worth considering (better than some of the defenders we went with.

The guy takes three touches to control a ball and always over-hits a pass.
Re: Yusuf Says He’s Now 80% Fit by honeric01(m): 5:46pm On Mar 27, 2010
That was in the first match, but he later improved and performed better than some regulars.
Re: Yusuf Says He’s Now 80% Fit by hollandis(f): 7:47pm On Mar 27, 2010
honeric01:

That was in the first match, but he later improved and performed better than some regulars.
Quota system is bad for football development.If he can bench Odiah,Apam,Olubayo,Yobo then and only then could he be considered a sub but as Duduknight said -''He should not go near the camp''
Re: Yusuf Says He’s Now 80% Fit by honeric01(m): 8:02pm On Mar 27, 2010
hollandis:

Quota system is bad for football development.If he can bench Odiah,Apam,Olubayo,Yobo then and only then could he be considered a sub but as Duduknight said -''He should not go near the camp''

So who's worth going near the camp? are you largerbeer?
Re: Yusuf Says He’s Now 80% Fit by Katsumoto: 9:47pm On Mar 27, 2010
honeric01:

Now that is funny. He couldn't control a ball properly in his first match but had improved 3 days later? We are analysing a professional footballer here not a toddler. The guy was out of his depth; he only got into the team as a result of quota system. Do you honestly believe that he is better than Odiah or Olubayo? If those two are not fit, then Yobo and Apam should play 2.
Re: Yusuf Says He’s Now 80% Fit by mamagee3(f): 10:14pm On Mar 27, 2010
And how is his 80% fitness going to help his team in their Victory. . .
80% Fitness, huh.
Re: Yusuf Says He’s Now 80% Fit by skyone(m): 10:59pm On Mar 27, 2010
mama-gee:

And how is his 80% fitness going to help his team in their Victory. . .
80% Fitness, huh.

Mama gee, mama gee, mama gee, 3 times have i called you pls jejeli leave this forum for the lads this is not romance section, or if you want to contribute try post some meaningful posts i beg. Wetin sad
Re: Yusuf Says He’s Now 80% Fit by altavista(m): 1:57pm On Mar 28, 2010
He is definetely better than Odiah but not as good as Adefemi.
Re: Yusuf Says He’s Now 80% Fit by honeric01(m): 4:53pm On Mar 28, 2010
Katsumoto:

Now that is funny. He couldn't control a ball properly in his first match but had improved 3 days later? We are analysing a professional footballer here not a toddler. The guy was out of his depth; he only got into the team as a result of quota system. Do you honestly believe that he is better than Odiah or Olubayo? If those two are not fit, then Yobo and Apam should play 2.

If that's the only thing you are looking at then you should also know that Yakubu, Shittu, Yobo and few others (Nsofor included) had hard time controlling the ball at the last nations cup, that guy really improved and i like the way he was so determined throughout the tournament, he saved us twice against Zambia, if not for him, who would have been out long ago, let me shock you now, that guy is better than Olubayo, but Odiah is better than both of them, Olubayo is an over-hyped player, i watch him in the french league and i see how he collect silly cards and makes silly mistakes, for now, our best 2 is Odiah, that guy plays almost like Danny Alves, i hope you watched him against Sevilla in the champions league, did you?

altavista:

He is definetely better than Odiah but not as good as Adefemi.

What are you saying? Yusuf Mohamed better than Odiah and not as good as Adefemi? it's like you're saying Danni Alves is better than Maicon but not as good as O'shea
Re: Yusuf Says He’s Now 80% Fit by mamagee3(f): 8:42pm On Mar 28, 2010
skyone:

Mama gee, mama gee, mama gee,  3 times have i called you pls jejeli leave this forum for the lads this is not romance section, or if you want to contribute try post some meaningful posts i beg. Wetin  sad
Can you take a deep breathe. angry
Since when is posting my opinion a crime?
If you don't have any idea or opinion to share, please just don't post at all
instead of trying to satisfy yourself by dissing people who used their brain to make a point.
Whatever happened to Civilization? undecided
Re: Yusuf Says He’s Now 80% Fit by honeric01(m): 8:51pm On Mar 28, 2010
mama-gee:

Can you take a deep breathe. angry
Since when is posting my opinion a crime?
If you don't have any idea or opinion to share, please just don't post at all
instead of trying to satisfy yourself by dissing people who used their brain to make a point.
Whatever happened to Civilization? undecided

did u really make sense with what u posted that warranted his response?
Re: Yusuf Says He’s Now 80% Fit by mamagee3(f): 9:48pm On Mar 28, 2010
^^Actually no one was referring to you. undecided
Re: Yusuf Says He’s Now 80% Fit by hollandis(f): 12:55am On Mar 29, 2010
honeric01:

did u really make sense with what u posted that warranted his response?
she made lot of sense,yusuf should not boast of 80% fitness,let us forget this quota thing,yusuf does not have the pedigree of making a place in the mundial.Can he bench apam or odiah,that nonsense he played in angola,is that what you call soccer?
Re: Yusuf Says He’s Now 80% Fit by snakova(m): 11:53am On Mar 29, 2010
Try and be objective without premordial sentiment. Olubayo can't start in Boulogne, Odiah is for bench in CKSA. I'd rather have Apam at RB.other than that i think he can battle for the shirt. As for mama-gee, let the lady be. A little humor cant hurt
Re: Yusuf Says He’s Now 80% Fit by deb(m): 3:21pm On Mar 29, 2010
Recover quick abeg BUT don't show your face at the world cup. Its not a tournament for the boys.
Re: Yusuf Says He’s Now 80% Fit by honeric01(m): 3:56pm On Mar 29, 2010
hollandis:

she made lot of sense,yusuf should not boast of 80% fitness,let us forget this quota thing,yusuf does not have the pedigree of making a place in the mundial.Can he bench apam or odiah,that nonsense he played in angola,is that what you call soccer?

she didn't make sense bro, did yusuf get injured from for his team? and which team is muma gee even talking about? she doesn't even know nada about what's on ground, she just wants to post and i find that irritating.

Pls, be sincere, do you really think Olubayo's better than Yusuf? please before you answer, try watching olubayo play for his club, he causes series of fouls and loads of cards, i prefer a player with zeal and room for improvement than the one who thinks he's the best thing that ever happened after slice bread.

snakova:

Try and be objective without premordial sentiment. Olubayo can't start in Boulogne, Odiah is for bench in CKSA. I'd rather have Apam at RB.other than that i think he can battle for the shirt. As for mama-gee, let the lady be. A little humor cant hurt

Thank you, sentiments apart, Olubayo's another waste pipe, lacks good crosses and can't even defend well, Odiah is the best on my RB apart from Apam.

deb:

Recover quick abeg BUT don't show your face at the world cup. Its not a tournament for the boys.

Why not? is a 26yrs old a boy? how old is Olubayo?
Re: Yusuf Says He’s Now 80% Fit by Katsumoto: 4:13pm On Mar 29, 2010
honeric01:

Pls, be sincere, do you really think Olubayo's better than Yusuf? please before you answer, try watching olubayo play for his club, he causes series of fouls and loads of cards, i prefer a player with zeal and room for improvement than the one who thinks he's the best thing that ever happened after slice bread.

Thank you, sentiments apart, Olubayo's another waste pipe, lacks good crosses and can't even defend well, Odiah is the best on my RB apart from Apam.

Why not? is a 26yrs old a boy? how old is Olubayo?
I dont think he was referring to age. I think meant that the WC is not for Yusuf and players of his calibre.

Olubayo is miles ahead of Yusuf.
Re: Yusuf Says He’s Now 80% Fit by honeric01(m): 4:54pm On Mar 29, 2010
Katsumoto:

Olubayo is miles ahead of Yusuf.

Because you said so? can you prove that?
Re: Yusuf Says He’s Now 80% Fit by Katsumoto: 4:58pm On Mar 29, 2010
honeric01:

Because you said so? can you prove that?

My guy
We are both stating our opinion, afterall, there is no way to prove that Maicon is better than Yusuf other than by general concensus.
Some may agree with you; some may disagree but if you read the comments on your thread, you may come to the conclusion that most believe that he is not the best right-back that we have.
Re: Yusuf Says He’s Now 80% Fit by honeric01(m): 8:12pm On Mar 29, 2010
Katsumoto:

My guy
We are both stating our opinion, afterall, there is no way to prove that Maicon is better than Yusuf other than by general concensus.
Some may agree with you; some may disagree but if you read the comments on your thread, you may come to the conclusion that most believe that he is not the best right-back that we have.

No one would say Maicon is not better than Yusuf, no one, i repeat no one, but the issue of Olubayo and Yusuf is open to debate because i have seen both of them play (both in france and formerly in sudan but now in switzerland).

I never said Yusuf is the best right back we have, i only said he's better than Olubayo (IMO) because he has improved drastically and he's very ready to up his game, Odiah still remains my best right-back for now, that guy plays like a full back and i enjoy watching his dribbles and controls.
Re: Yusuf Says He’s Now 80% Fit by hollandis(f): 2:38am On Mar 30, 2010
@honeric
You have been comparing yusuf and olubayo,can you compare yusuf and Apam .
Re: Yusuf Says He’s Now 80% Fit by honeric01(m): 10:08am On Mar 30, 2010
hollandis:

You have been comparing yusuf and olubayo,can you compare yusuf and Apam .

I prefer Apam in the CD not at the RB, he's does not really have an attacking instinct but he's very good in defence and i won't compare him with Yusuf because he's better in the defence department.
Re: Yusuf Says He’s Now 80% Fit by honeric01(m): 7:21pm On May 08, 2010
New procedure accelerates Yusuf healing

Posted: 2010-05-07 15:18

Yusuf Mohammed is hoping he can still somehow force his way into Lars lagerback's 23-man squad to the World Cup after seeing accelerated progress on his ruptured Achilles tendon injury.

Mohammed has resumed on-field training with biokineticist Jannie Klingbiel and a statement from the Centre for Sports Medicine and Orthopaedics in South Africa where he was treated, say the young defender can return to full competitive football.

"The accelerated Achilles repair tendon protocol, which was designed by Barry Getz and Mark Ferguson at the Centre for Sports Medicine and Orthopaedics, has proven to be instrumental in Yusuf's accelerated recovery.

"This expeditious recovery has ensured that Mohammed will return to the Nigerian Football team prior to the start of the FIFA World Cup 2010," the statement read.

That however, is down to Lagerback, who still has the difficult task of culling his 44-man squad to 23 within two weeks and may not be willing to take on the additional headache.

Yusuf was carried off after rupturing the tendon in Nigeria's semi-final defeat to Ghana at the African Nations Cup in Angola last January, and was initially reported to have no chance of making the World Cup team.

The injury is similar to that which has ruled England midfield superstar David Beckham out of the World Cup, but Dr Getz is confident that Yusuf's case has been hastened by the new procedure.

http://kickoffnigeria.com/news/15269/new-procedure-accelerates-yusuf-healing.php
Re: Yusuf Says He’s Now 80% Fit by Kgdavid(m): 1:38am On May 09, 2010
adebayo is an average player but yusuf is even worse. best bet for that spot is either odiah or apam.

(1) (Reply)

Corinthians Is The Brazillian Champion 2011 / Real Madrid's Jose Mourinho In Training Ground Dispute With Sergio Ramos: Funny / SPORTS LIVE :goal Rich List 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.