Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,760 members, 7,820,646 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:42 PM

Osun Govt Declares 760% Growth On Its Investment Base Through Diversification - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun Govt Declares 760% Growth On Its Investment Base Through Diversification (864 Views)

BREAKING: Ogun Govt Declares Free Education, Scraps N3,700 School Fees / Omisore Joins APC Stalwarts For Celebration At Osun Govt House. Photos / APC Governors Celebrate At Osun Govt House After Rerun Election. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osun Govt Declares 760% Growth On Its Investment Base Through Diversification by sarrki(m): 12:51pm On Nov 30, 2017
Daily Post Nigeria
Daily Post Nigeria

BUSINESSOsun govt. declares 760% growth on its investment base through diversificationPublished on November 30, 2017 By Ajibola Olaniyi

Osun state government has declared a whopping 760% growth on its investment base through diversification into Oil and Gas, Modern Poultry, Agro-allied, and a host of other ventures.

The Managing Director of Omoluabi Holdings Limited(OHL), formerly called Osun State Investment Company(OSICOL), Dr. Tunde Fakeye made this known to newsmen on Wednesday during a media briefing.

He said the agency commenced it’s operation in 2011 with a capital base of N300m, and built it up to N3.6 billion as at 2017, which represents a total of 760% increase within the spate of 6 years.

Fakeye adduced the speedy growth to array of innovations and business idea the present administration in the state introduced, which has helped the agency in no small way.

He, however, called on other states to go into business ventures and build a reliable Internally Generated Revenue(IGR) that would sustain the states in the face of dwindling monthly allocations from the federation account.

According to him, “to avoid confusion, the same agency the previous government christened Osun State Investment Company (OSICOL) is the same agency that has been renamed by Aregbesola’s administration as Omoluabi Holdings Limited.

“With the new mandate since the present administration came on board in 2010, Omoluabi Holdings Limited has grown from being a state-managed business concern to a conglomerate handling multiple businesses.

“We are able to achieve this relative success with our routing of strategic Investments through application of private sector efficiency and profit focus at handling projects.

“Omoluabi Holdings has subsidiaries in Oil and gas, modern poultry and establishment of Agro-Allied Company. We also have interest in quarry business and Cocoa plantation farms, to mention but few

http://dailypost.ng/2017/11/30/osun-govt-declares-760-growth-investment-base-diversification/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osun Govt Declares 760% Growth On Its Investment Base Through Diversification by madridguy(m): 12:57pm On Nov 30, 2017
tongue
Re: Osun Govt Declares 760% Growth On Its Investment Base Through Diversification by sarrki(m): 12:57pm On Nov 30, 2017
Am not an economists

But I know Aregbesola really tried in state of osun by investing in infrastructural development like schools, education, Roads and agriculture

It pays off

Rather than paying salary Month on Month

2 Likes

Re: Osun Govt Declares 760% Growth On Its Investment Base Through Diversification by sarrki(m): 1:00pm On Nov 30, 2017
have you seen this ?
Re: Osun Govt Declares 760% Growth On Its Investment Base Through Diversification by patani(m): 1:02pm On Nov 30, 2017
sarrki:

Daily Post Nigeria
Daily Post Nigeria

BUSINESSOsun govt. declares 760% growth on its investment base through diversificationPublished on November 30, 2017 By Ajibola Olaniyi

Osun state government has declared a whopping 760% growth on its investment base through diversification into Oil and Gas, Modern Poultry, Agro-allied, and a host of other ventures.

The Managing Director of Omoluabi Holdings Limited(OHL), formerly called Osun State Investment Company(OSICOL), Dr. Tunde Fakeye made this known to newsmen on Wednesday during a media briefing.

He said the agency commenced it’s operation in 2011 with a capital base of N300m, and built it up to N3.6 billion as at 2017, which represents a total of 760% increase within the spate of 6 years.

Fakeye adduced the speedy growth to array of innovations and business idea the present administration in the state introduced, which has helped the agency in no small way.

He, however, called on other states to go into business ventures and build a reliable Internally Generated Revenue(IGR) that would sustain the states in the face of dwindling monthly allocations from the federation account.

According to him, “to avoid confusion, the same agency the previous government christened Osun State Investment Company (OSICOL) is the same agency that has been renamed by Aregbesola’s administration as Omoluabi Holdings Limited.

“With the new mandate since the present administration came on board in 2010, Omoluabi Holdings Limited has grown from being a state-managed business concern to a conglomerate handling multiple businesses.

“We are able to achieve this relative success with our routing of strategic Investments through application of private sector efficiency and profit focus at handling projects.

“Omoluabi Holdings has subsidiaries in Oil and gas, modern poultry and establishment of Agro-Allied Company. We also have interest in quarry business and Cocoa plantation farms, to mention but few

http://dailypost.ng/2017/11/30/osun-govt-declares-760-growth-investment-base-diversification/

Aregbe the scammer. Anyone should go to Osun to witness the situation. The state has completely lost it economically. People are suffering, education performance has gone down, rated below Zanfara and Borno in the last waec. Believe this report at you own peril.. increase my ass.

2 Likes

Re: Osun Govt Declares 760% Growth On Its Investment Base Through Diversification by Basic123: 1:08pm On Nov 30, 2017
sarrki:
have you seen this ?

He is coming to my bombard the thread with fraudulent pictures of anambra GRA along side Ibadan old district (yahoo yahoo evidence) and how anambra banks second state with largest bank deposit grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osun Govt Declares 760% Growth On Its Investment Base Through Diversification by sarrki(m): 1:08pm On Nov 30, 2017
patani:

Aregbe the scammer. Anyone should go to Osun to witness the situation. The state has completely lost it economically. People are suffering, education performance has gone down, rated below Zanfara and Borno in the last waec. Believe this report at you own peril.. increase my ass.

Stop generalizing

Give us facts and figures

Not rhetoric's

1 Like

Re: Osun Govt Declares 760% Growth On Its Investment Base Through Diversification by sarrki(m): 1:09pm On Nov 30, 2017
Basic123:

He is coming to my bombard the thread with fraudulent pictures of anambra GRA along side Ibadan old district (yahoo yahoo evidence) and how anambra banks second state with largest bank deposit grin

You know him very well

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Govt Declares 760% Growth On Its Investment Base Through Diversification by emmasege: 1:16pm On Nov 30, 2017
sarrki:
Am not an economists

But I know Aregbesola really tried in state of osun by investing in infrastructural development like schools, education, Roads and agriculture

It pays off

Yes, he built schools and roads on debts in a bid to siphon money for himself and his cronies. In your view, building schools is investment into education while the teachers are not motivated and are dying of hunger?

Could you please justify your pay as one of their nairaland agents by convincing us how he invested in education and agriculture?
Re: Osun Govt Declares 760% Growth On Its Investment Base Through Diversification by patani(m): 1:26pm On Nov 30, 2017
sarrki:

Stop generalizing

Not rhetoric's
Oga Sarki or what’s your name?

I’m not generalizing. For your information, I am from Osun State and I was there last week to spend sometime with my parents( my mum is a retired headmistress by the way) the fact is. Osun is terribly backward. I was a university student duringOyinlolas time and what I saw last week made me terrified of what the future of Osun holds . Yes the guy built fine schools and roads, but the truth is the teachers are hungry. And how do you expect an hungry teacher to carry out his duty. Students have dropped out of university due to lack of funds( I have full evidence of this sir, and I personally know people affected). I know one of my Primary school teacher who died from hunger last month( again, she was not paid by your so called aregbesola). My point is, you people should fear posterity while singing this man’s praise. My peice of advise. {typed from a phone, please pardon typo}

1 Like

Re: Osun Govt Declares 760% Growth On Its Investment Base Through Diversification by Nobody: 1:27pm On Nov 30, 2017
Useless investment base
Re: Osun Govt Declares 760% Growth On Its Investment Base Through Diversification by Oga080666419419: 1:43pm On Nov 30, 2017
How many houses in Osun State have toilets? She is the open defecatiion capital of South West.

Re: Osun Govt Declares 760% Growth On Its Investment Base Through Diversification by Anambra1stSon(m): 1:44pm On Nov 30, 2017
I hope Aregbsola is aware that Osun state ranked 36th among 36 states in sustainability index, Osun on red, western leaders are good with quoting figures, same way he claimed during his first tenure that Osun can sustain it self without federal allocation what happened next is left for Nigerias to judge, same with Amosu of Ogun state, few weeks after quoting large IGR they generates he went to aso villa licking Baba balls for bailout to be able to pay workers salaries, same nigga has gone on borrowing rampage to be able to complete the projects he borrowed money to start, and gullible youths are dumb to understand their dubious games.
Re: Osun Govt Declares 760% Growth On Its Investment Base Through Diversification by Yyeske(m): 1:50pm On Nov 30, 2017
Don't even know what to type here.
Re: Osun Govt Declares 760% Growth On Its Investment Base Through Diversification by sorry1(m): 1:52pm On Nov 30, 2017
if you are not a Yoruba man you are losing... grin we are so sophisticated that we can't pay our civil servants; we are naturally urban dwellers, That's why majority of our youths don't leave our father's house to stand on our own, because already Ibadan is the most developed ancient city grin

Our governors always declare higher IGR every year yet every day, news on how civil servants in ondo have killed themselves due to poor living conditions grace the web.

Oh! we are most hospitable, yet no day passes by without a news on our intrinsic barbarism passed down to us from forefathers popping up net.

Not being a yoruba is really missing a lot!!! cheesy
Re: Osun Govt Declares 760% Growth On Its Investment Base Through Diversification by oloripelebe2: 2:02pm On Nov 30, 2017
grin
Re: Osun Govt Declares 760% Growth On Its Investment Base Through Diversification by Oga080666419419: 2:08pm On Nov 30, 2017
The highest employer of Labour in Osun State is subsistence farming followed by OSG and OAU.
The youths are dirty and lazy and the culture of grandmothers raising their grand children born out of wedlock is rife. Their young men though laid-back but are nice. They crowd betting shops like tomorrow no dey. Osun State is a backward state forget the laundry going on there.
The economy of Faulks Road Aba is bigger than anything Osun State have.
International breweries and Tuns though are helping the state
Re: Osun Govt Declares 760% Growth On Its Investment Base Through Diversification by sarrki(m): 3:09pm On Nov 30, 2017
Oga080666419419:
The highest employer of Labour in Osun State is subsistence farming followed by OSG and OAU.
The youths are dirty and lazy and the culture of grandmothers raising their grand children born out of wedlock is rife. Their young men though laid-back but are nice. They crowd betting shops like tomorrow no dey. Osun State is a backward state forget the laundry going on there.
The economy of Faulks Road Aba is bigger than anything Osun State have.
International breweries and Tuns though are helping the state

Better than any eastern part
Re: Osun Govt Declares 760% Growth On Its Investment Base Through Diversification by pedel: 3:29pm On Nov 30, 2017
My mother is a retired civil servant since 2012. No gratuity paid since 2012 and her meager pension hasn't been paid since 2 month. Maybe you want to tell me I am lying.
sarrki:

Stop generalizing

Not rhetoric's
Re: Osun Govt Declares 760% Growth On Its Investment Base Through Diversification by pedel: 3:38pm On Nov 30, 2017
You don't need to prove anything for anyone.
The government at every level in Nigeria is fraud.
Most of those schools being built are to embezzle money. Only fools doesn't know that.
The classrooms he demolished are in good condition, maybe require some renovations. The Fine Art blocks at Oduduwa College, Ile Ife was an architectural piece, yet he knocked them down.
There are 200 years old buildings inside oxford university, they were not being knocked down to build new ones. I pray one day there shall be reckoning and these frauds of political office holders would be made to pay for their wickedness.
patani:

Oga Sarki or what’s your name?

I’m not generalizing. For your information, I am from Osun State and I was there last week to spend sometime with my parents( my mum is a retired headmistress by the way) the fact is. Osun is terribly backward. I was a university student duringOyinlolas time and what I saw last week made me terrified of what the future of Osun holds . Yes the guy built fine schools and roads, but the truth is the teachers are hungry. And how do you expect an hungry teacher to carry out his duty. Students have dropped out of university due to lack of funds( I have full evidence of this sir, and I personally know people affected). I know one of my Primary school teacher who died from hunger last month( again, she was not paid by your so called aregbesola). My point is, you people should fear posterity while singing this man’s praise. My peice of advise. {typed from a phone, please pardon typo}

1 Like

Re: Osun Govt Declares 760% Growth On Its Investment Base Through Diversification by Ejanla07: 3:38pm On Nov 30, 2017
sarrki:
Am not an economists

It pays off

it pays off rather than paying people there sweat u use thr money to loot (invest and build d state) without thr consent?

u subject them to hunger and suicide. u expose thr skull to miners
u be zone b u don commot for zombie
Re: Osun Govt Declares 760% Growth On Its Investment Base Through Diversification by Ejanla07: 3:53pm On Nov 30, 2017
sorry1:
if you are not a Yoruba man you are losing... grin we are so sophisticated that we can't pay our civil servants; we are naturally urban dwellers, That's why majority of our youths don't leave our father's house to stand on our own, because already Ibadan is the most developed ancient city grin

Our governors always declare higher IGR every year yet every day, news on how civil servants in ondo have killed themselves due to poor living conditions grace the web.

Oh! we are most hospitable, yet no day passes by without a news on our intrinsic barbarism passed down to us from forefathers popping up net.

Not being a yoruba is really missing a lot!!! cheesy

I'm a proud afonja

1 Like

Re: Osun Govt Declares 760% Growth On Its Investment Base Through Diversification by Oga080666419419: 4:01pm On Nov 30, 2017
sarrki:

Better than any eastern part
Lol for you and your lazy and dirty slum dwellers it's always east vs west.
Osun State is backward, forget all the laundry you paid hacks are doing here. It's a capital offence to compare Osun State with Abia state which you lazy slum dwellers always fond of.

What Aba industrial clusters produced in a week Osun State can't produce it in a decade. You can only compare oshogbo with Arochukwu.

Faulks Road alone have more banks than the entire mud piggery called Osun.
How many houses in Osun State have toilets?
Re: Osun Govt Declares 760% Growth On Its Investment Base Through Diversification by sarrki(m): 4:08pm On Nov 30, 2017
G
Oga080666419419:

Osun State is backward, forget all the laundry you paid hacks are doing here. It's a capital offence to compare Osun State with Abia state which you lazy slum dwellers always fond of.

What Aba industrial clusters produced in a week Osun State can't produce it in a decade. You can only compare oshogbo with Arochukwu.

Nnamdi KANU knows better
Re: Osun Govt Declares 760% Growth On Its Investment Base Through Diversification by adem30: 4:12pm On Nov 30, 2017
patani:

I am 100% sure you have never visited Osun state before. You are just a jobless i.diot somewhere in potopoto Republic

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osun Govt Declares 760% Growth On Its Investment Base Through Diversification by sarrki(m): 5:16pm On Nov 30, 2017
adem30:

I am 100% sure you have never visited Osun state before. You are just a jobless i.diot somewhere in potopoto Republic

Omoluabi rere
Re: Osun Govt Declares 760% Growth On Its Investment Base Through Diversification by patani(m): 9:32am On Dec 01, 2017
adem30:

Hahahahaha. Me jobless? If your generation has my kind of job, you will Forever be glad.

Meanwhile, I don’t exchange words with dirty politician arse oilers like you. And no matter what you post after this, I won’t grace you with my precious response. Omoale jatijati
Re: Osun Govt Declares 760% Growth On Its Investment Base Through Diversification by patani(m): 9:42am On Dec 01, 2017
pedel:
My mother is a retired civil servant since 2012. No gratuity paid since 2012 and her meager pension hasn't been paid since 2 month. Maybe you want to tell me I am lying.

Please stop replying this Rifrafs, obviously they either rely on aregbesola’s propaganda news or they are agents he pays 20k per month to alivieate their poverty stricken life. Obviously they do not know the real situation in Osun.

I know how much I send Home every month just because this mofo called aregbe doesn’t pay workers. I practically saw civil seevants on the street last week begging.imagine Civil servants begging for money. ( I am not joking). All of you supporting aregbe, may you life be govern the way aregbe has governed Osun state. May you all see yourself in thesame situation those civil servants are in the next 25 to 30 years from now.

1 Like

Re: Osun Govt Declares 760% Growth On Its Investment Base Through Diversification by uglyafonja: 10:17am On Dec 01, 2017
Basic123:

Osun state.........29th........education........backward
Re: Osun Govt Declares 760% Growth On Its Investment Base Through Diversification by uglyafonja: 10:20am On Dec 01, 2017
Oga080666419419:

Guy....you Don kill me with laugh today

(1) (Reply)

2019 Election, Reason Why Atiku Should Be President Of Nigeria – Father Mbaka / PHOTOS: Kayode Ogundamisi ‏throws Shade At Patience Jonathan / Igbo, It's Time To Give Ffk A Traditional Title In Alaigbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.