Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,766 members, 7,831,458 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:03 PM

Governor Ayade Presents N1.3trn Budget For 2018 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Ayade Presents N1.3trn Budget For 2018 (19657 Views)

Olimpotic Meristemasis: Ayade Presents 1.1trn Budget Estimate For 2020 / N1.3trn Looted Funds: Jonathan's Camp Lists Corruption Cases Under Buhari / Governor Ayade In Tears, Signs N1.3trn Budget Into Law In Cross River (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Ayade Presents N1.3trn Budget For 2018 by spartacus11(m): 8:20pm On Nov 30, 2017
exposition:
Pity! my pride! my state! now a laughing stock! God will see us through this scam!

As in me I'm not understanding............

Re: Governor Ayade Presents N1.3trn Budget For 2018 by edibobo: 8:21pm On Nov 30, 2017
From N301b to 1.3tr...this man is suffering from acute typhoid fever. Clown everywhere...

2 Likes

Re: Governor Ayade Presents N1.3trn Budget For 2018 by ebuk4real(m): 8:23pm On Nov 30, 2017
What is really happening in this country? A governor of a state budgeting 1.3trillion? What for again?

Indeed, it is FINISHED..............

2 Likes

Re: Governor Ayade Presents N1.3trn Budget For 2018 by ladya534(f): 8:24pm On Nov 30, 2017
yaki84:

bebe hv u tried twitter?

NO...
Re: Governor Ayade Presents N1.3trn Budget For 2018 by maryjay99: 8:27pm On Nov 30, 2017
no wonder he is trying to move to Apc so dat he can steal money & go free.

1 Like

Re: Governor Ayade Presents N1.3trn Budget For 2018 by Nobody: 8:31pm On Nov 30, 2017
That's it o. We build our own damn ports then safe guard our seas. Make we dae see
Re: Governor Ayade Presents N1.3trn Budget For 2018 by dlaw70(m): 8:33pm On Nov 30, 2017
At a time in Nigeria history that amount was fed govt budget.
Re: Governor Ayade Presents N1.3trn Budget For 2018 by maasoap(m): 8:33pm On Nov 30, 2017
BUHARIISCURSED:

Buhari sent 8 trillion to the senate you were dumb suddenly you now got your voice undecided
you sounded dumb.

3 Likes

Re: Governor Ayade Presents N1.3trn Budget For 2018 by shabalistic: 8:33pm On Nov 30, 2017
It is glaring that our leaders has more zeal for there pocket than for the people, at the end of the day they will embezzel the money and make the mass suffer for there misappropriation of funds. They will put Nigeria into more debt.
Re: Governor Ayade Presents N1.3trn Budget For 2018 by Deo1986(m): 8:36pm On Nov 30, 2017
the deep sea project was dead on arrival, he should have ask Donald duke what killed the Tinapa project? Currently the state recieves less than 1billion as monthly allocation because of huge debt accrued by past governors, how he intends to fund those project is not important, what is important is: will the projects yield the intended result? Currently, only the sea ports in Lagos functions for sentimental reasons, how does Ayade intends to do it? Will the Fulani's and Yoruba's allow Lagos to go dry? The governor should have a rethink, and chanel his governance towards other viable sector like; agriculture and mining. My humble opinion.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Ayade Presents N1.3trn Budget For 2018 by Afriifa(m): 8:38pm On Nov 30, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:
Clowns everywhere! Why not 13Trillion Naira?

This is crystallization of Madness!

Anyway, anything goes in Cross River State...Is it not the same Man with 1,500 Special Advisers? No surprises!
mind your business.
Re: Governor Ayade Presents N1.3trn Budget For 2018 by SouthEastFacts: 8:43pm On Nov 30, 2017
NigerDeltan:

My brother the truth is that if we have a sincere leader who will use the money properly there is absolutely nothing wrong with borrowing

America is owing more than any other country, yet we are the one that need development more than them
America is owning America. That is, most of their debts are held within America. So when servicing those debts, there is no capital flight outside the country.
Re: Governor Ayade Presents N1.3trn Budget For 2018 by Fhemmmy: 8:46pm On Nov 30, 2017
All these budget and yet nothing to show for it, i have said it before that till there is a watchdog that watch how all these money is spent . . .Nothing for Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Governor Ayade Presents N1.3trn Budget For 2018 by SouthEastFacts: 8:46pm On Nov 30, 2017
Bevista:
Sounds incredibly over ambitious to me. I would like to read about the revenue sources for such budget. Lagos state is, probably, the only viable state (at the moment) capable of a N1Trillion budget.
Lagos can't even fund a 1 Trillion NGN budget talk more of Cross Rivers. Though they possesses the potential, but at the moment, they lack the capability.
Re: Governor Ayade Presents N1.3trn Budget For 2018 by Gerrard59(m): 8:48pm On Nov 30, 2017
Ayade is a fool!

The fool has done absolutely nothing since he came to power. The streets are dirty, nothing works in C/River, crime rate has skyrocketed etc. Only saving grace is the carnival. What highway? He has not repaired the bad roads in the state, it's highway?

The foolish fool employed 1,100 SSAs, proposed legalising hawking in the capital, who does that? Now he proposes a 100% increase of the state's budget. Where will he get the money? Same slowpoke promised 24/7 electricity in the state, for where? Employing 3,000 workers in the garment industry. When will he understand that government doesn't create jobs but the enabling environment for PRIVATE BUSINESSES to thrive effectively and efficiently?

If Imoke was a dullard, Ayade is a foolish fvcktard!

4 Likes

Re: Governor Ayade Presents N1.3trn Budget For 2018 by Fhemmmy: 8:49pm On Nov 30, 2017
SouthEastFacts:

America is owning America. That is, most of their debts are held within America. So when servicing those debts, there is no capital flight outside the country.

Bros, do your research better and see how much America owing China . . . . The only problem is what they used the money for can be measure and seen unlike our great nation where all the money goes into the pocket of the leaders

2 Likes

Re: Governor Ayade Presents N1.3trn Budget For 2018 by SouthEastFacts: 8:52pm On Nov 30, 2017
Fhemmmy:

Bros, do your research better and see how much America owing China . . . . The only problem is what they used the money for can be measure and seen unlike our great nation where all the money goes into the pocket of the leaders
You mean Chinese financial market or Chinese firms in America?
Re: Governor Ayade Presents N1.3trn Budget For 2018 by gozzlin: 9:09pm On Nov 30, 2017
A state with very little or no oil proposing such outrageous budget? If any state in SS should have a trillion Naira budget, it should be Akwa Ibom or Rivers state.

Ayade is simply inebriated.

3 Likes

Re: Governor Ayade Presents N1.3trn Budget For 2018 by Nobody: 9:31pm On Nov 30, 2017
And someone told me Ayade is a professor. Chai! This has got to be the most grandiose, unrealistic and egoistic budget ever.

Budgets are not wishes.

1 Like

Re: Governor Ayade Presents N1.3trn Budget For 2018 by Bevista: 9:34pm On Nov 30, 2017
SouthEastFacts:

Lagos can't even fund a 1 Trillion NGN budget talk more of Cross Rivers. Though they possesses the potential, but at the moment, they lack the capability.
LASG did well over 800b in 2017. With improving oil revenues coupled with more aggressive Tax drive, I don't think a N1T budget is far - if not 2018, then 2019.

1 Like

Re: Governor Ayade Presents N1.3trn Budget For 2018 by SouthEastFacts: 9:49pm On Nov 30, 2017
Bevista:
LASG did well over 800b in 2017. With improving oil revenues coupled with more aggressive Tax drive, I don't think a N1T budget is far - if not 2018, then 2019.
A chunk of the revenue came from debts. Aggressive tax drive kills investments, unless the drive is to widen the tax net, that is capture more people into the net. Sincerely speaking, without debts, Lagos cannot fund a 1 Trillion NGN budget, but has the potential.

3 Likes

Re: Governor Ayade Presents N1.3trn Budget For 2018 by tosintreasure(m): 9:49pm On Nov 30, 2017
seriously,I don't understand. We need true federalism in this country. Ben Ayade should show us how he is going to fund that budget.
Re: Governor Ayade Presents N1.3trn Budget For 2018 by Bevista: 9:54pm On Nov 30, 2017
SouthEastFacts:

A chunk of the revenue came from debts. Aggressive tax drive kills investments, unless the drive is to widen the tax net, that is capture more people into the net. Sincerely speaking, without debts, Lagos cannot fund a 1 Trillion NGN budget, but has the potential.
Almost every Govt in Nigeria funds its budget using a mixture of Debt, IGR and Federal Allocation. The proportions differ for each state.
---
By aggressive Tax drive, I wasn't referring to increasing taxes, but rather getting more economic entities into the tax net.

1 Like

Re: Governor Ayade Presents N1.3trn Budget For 2018 by sitibemfen(m): 9:59pm On Nov 30, 2017
He wants to experiment his capacity
Re: Governor Ayade Presents N1.3trn Budget For 2018 by SouthEastFacts: 10:02pm On Nov 30, 2017
Bevista:
Almost every Govt in Nigeria funds its budget using a mixture of Debt, IGR and Federal Allocation. The proportions differ for each state.
---
By aggressive Tax drive, I wasn't referring to increasing taxes, but rather getting more economic entities into the tax net.
You are informed. Keep it up.
Lagos is the 5th largest economy in WA. It should be generating over 1 Trillion NGN in VAT alone. For Pete's sake, its a 136 Billion Dollar economy. I don't know what is wrong with our tax system.
Re: Governor Ayade Presents N1.3trn Budget For 2018 by jd3trice(m): 10:04pm On Nov 30, 2017
What are you saying na oga? Read well please... Cross River state and not Nigeria....
ZombiePUNISHER:
Not long ago... Nigeria used to have a 5 trillion naira budget....

How the mighty has fallen

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

President Buhari Meets NNPC GMD Over Lingering Fuel Crises / Dogara Appoints Abdulmumin Jibrin As Committee Leader / Bianca Ojukwu Is Nigeria's New Ambassador To Ghana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.