Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,060 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:10 AM

The Difference Between Religion And Jesus Christ - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Difference Between Religion And Jesus Christ (1524 Views)

Similarities Between Religion And Cults. / Difference Between Religion And Tradition. / Conflict Between Religion And State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Difference Between Religion And Jesus Christ by FaithfulServant(m): 5:03pm On Nov 30, 2017
A man can find himself in different state of confusion caused by different circumstances of life but the biggest confusion that a man can have is when he finds himself in the state of equating Jesus Christ with religion.

Many with the evil heart of unbelief over the years have argued that Jesus Christ came to establish religion (Hebrews 3:12) . This has made some others to find it extremely difficult differentiating religion from the works of Christ on the cross of Calvary (1 Peter 2:24).

Jesus never came to establish religion but came to reestablish the lost relation between God and man. Our early parents — Adam and Eve first enjoyed perfect communion with God the Father until the fall of man when they disobeyed God not to eat from the forbidden tree (Genesis 2:16-17). Man was driven from the Garden of Eden and presence of the Lord thereafter (Genesis 3:23, 24). So Jesus came to reestablish that once perfect relationship of man with God.

Any man who forsake sin and accept Jesus into his heart has restored communion with the Father (Acts 10:43) . Jesus Christ is the mediator between God and man (1 Timothy 2:5). Mediator in the sense that He acts as a bridge between the separated God and man because of disobedience (Romans 5:19). For this reason Jesus said no man can go back to the Father except through the Him, the Son (John 14:6).

Jesus Christ never died for religion. He died to save and redeem mankind from destruction and doom which was certain for man if Jesus had not come. The blood Jesus on the cross is for the remission of sins (Romans 3:25) replacing the blood sacrifice of animals which was a means of atonement of sin in those days. Now there is no need for slaughter of animals for the forgiveness of sins because of the works of Jesus Christ on the cross. If we just confess our sins, the Lord is faithful and just to forgive our sins and cleanse us — with the blood Jesus from all unrighteousness (1 John 1:9).

Jesus Christ was never religious but holy sent by God to save man (John 3:16). It was even the religious scribes and Pharisees that troubled Jesus ministry accusing Him of blasphemy for equating Himself with God (John 10:30) but whether anyone likes it or not, all knees shall bow and all tongues shall confess that Jesus Christ is the Lord including all religions and religious people (Romans 14:11; Philippians 2:9-11).

Just the same way religion was against the ministry of Jesus in those days, so also it is now. Jesus is never for religion but religion against the works of Christ.

Christianity is having an intimate relationship with God through Christ. Christianity without the adherence of Christ’s principles and doctrine cannot be referred to as Christianity but religion also. Christianity without the influence of the Holy Spirit is not Christianity but religion.

Jesus should not be confused with religion because Jesus is far above religion. Jesus the only way to God and not religion (John 14:6). While religion has led to the lost of many lives and properties, the works of Christ redeem mankind and has saved many lives from hell and death and still save till today and the future to come (Revelation 1:18).

Revelation 1:18 KJV “I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.”

https://www.gospelandtruth.com/2017/11/the-difference-between-religion-and.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between Religion And Jesus Christ by ikbnice(m): 5:14pm On Nov 30, 2017
Is Jesus God or sent by God to reestablish His words
Re: The Difference Between Religion And Jesus Christ by Oyiboman69: 5:33pm On Nov 30, 2017
FaithfulServant:
A man can find himself in different state of confusion caused by different circumstances of life but the biggest confusion that a man can have is when he finds himself in the state of equating Jesus Christ with religion.

Many with the evil heart of unbelief over the years have argued that Jesus Christ came to establish religion (Hebrews 3:12) . This has made some others to find it extremely difficult differentiating religion from the works of Christ on the cross of Calvary (1 Peter 2:24).

Jesus never came to establish religion but came to reestablish the lost relation between God and man. Our early parents — Adam and Eve first enjoyed perfect communion with God the Father until the fall of man when they disobeyed God not to eat from the forbidden tree (Genesis 2:16-17). Man was driven from the Garden of Eden and presence of the Lord thereafter (Genesis 3:23, 24). So Jesus came to reestablish that once perfect relationship of man with God.

Any man who forsake sin and accept Jesus into his heart has restored communion with the Father (Acts 10:43) . Jesus Christ is the mediator between God and man (1 Timothy 2:5). Mediator in the sense that He acts as a bridge between the separated God and man because of disobedience (Romans 5:19). For this reason Jesus said no man can go back to the Father except through the Him, the Son (John 14:6).

Jesus Christ never died for religion. He died to save and redeem mankind from destruction and doom which was certain for man if Jesus had not come. The blood Jesus on the cross is for the remission of sins (Romans 3:25) replacing the blood sacrifice of animals which was a means of atonement of sin in those days. Now there is no need for slaughter of animals for the forgiveness of sins because of the works of Jesus Christ on the cross. If we just confess our sins, the Lord is faithful and just to forgive our sins and cleanse us — with the blood Jesus from all unrighteousness (1 John 1:9).

Jesus Christ was never religious but holy sent by God to save man (John 3:16). It was even the religious scribes and Pharisees that troubled Jesus ministry accusing Him of blasphemy for equating Himself with God (John 10:30) but whether anyone likes it or not, all knees shall bow and all tongues shall confess that Jesus Christ is the Lord including all religions and religious people (Romans 14:11; Philippians 2:9-11).

Just the same way religion was against the ministry of Jesus in those days, so also it is now. Jesus is never for religion but religion against the works of Christ.

Christianity is having an intimate relationship with God through Christ. Christianity without the adherence of Christ’s principles and doctrine cannot be referred to as Christianity but religion also. Christianity without the influence of the Holy Spirit is not Christianity but religion.

Jesus should not be confused with religion because Jesus is far above religion. Jesus the only way to God and not religion (John 14:6). While religion has led to the lost of many lives and properties, the works of Christ redeem mankind and has saved many lives from hell and death and still save till today and the future to come (Revelation 1:18).

Revelation 1:18 KJV “I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.”

https://www.gospelandtruth.com/2017/11/the-difference-between-religion-and.html?m=1
Sir,i don't understand your definition of religion
Re: The Difference Between Religion And Jesus Christ by FaithfulServant(m): 9:30pm On Nov 30, 2017
ikbnice:
Is Jesus God or sent by God to reestablish His words

Jesus Christ is God — God the Son and the second person in the Divine Trinity (Isaiah 9:6). He was sent by God the Father to save mankind (John 3:16).
Re: The Difference Between Religion And Jesus Christ by FaithfulServant(m): 9:32pm On Nov 30, 2017
Oyiboman69:

Sir,i don't understand your definition of religion

Which part do you not understand my dear? So that I can clarify
Re: The Difference Between Religion And Jesus Christ by ifenes(m): 7:43am On Dec 01, 2017
FaithfulServant:

Jesus Christ is God — God the Son and the second person in the Divine Trinity (Isaiah 9:6). He was sent by God the Father to save mankind (John 3:16).

Jesus is God,yes- so are you! Everything, everyone is made up of God. God exists in all forms and layers of existence. Everything you can imagine is God. The Bible is not the problem, but human misinterpretation is.

The idea of Jesus saving humans is a misinterpretation. A man travelled to India to learn about the transfiguration of the Buddha, learned from the Hindus on how man can become God. He went back to his homeland and declared himself God, he tried to teach others how to be in tune with the God Mind in them- hence the term saviour came about.

Miseducation is the problem here. Unfortunately the pastors are making it worse.

Re: The Difference Between Religion And Jesus Christ by FaithfulServant(m): 9:53am On Dec 01, 2017
ifenes:

Jesus is God,yes- so are you! Everything, everyone is made up of God. God exists in all forms and layers of existence. Everything you can imagine is God. The Bible is not the problem, but human misinterpretation is.

The idea of Jesus saving humans is a misinterpretation. A man travelled to India to learn about the transfiguration of the Buddha, learned from the Hindus on how man can become God. He went back to his homeland and declared himself God, he tried to teach others how to be in tune with the God Mind in them- hence the term saviour came about.

Miseducation is the problem here. Unfortunately the pastors are making it worse.

Hosea 4:6

Take some time to read the bible verse above. I pray God give you understanding my dear (James 1:5).
Re: The Difference Between Religion And Jesus Christ by ifenes(m): 11:15am On Dec 01, 2017
FaithfulServant:

Hosea 4:6

Take some time to read the bible verse above. I pray God give you understanding my dear (James 1:5).

Why don’t you explain it? I feel it applies to you though
Re: The Difference Between Religion And Jesus Christ by FaithfulServant(m): 12:50pm On Dec 01, 2017
ifenes:

Why don’t you explain it? I feel it applies to you though

Do you believe in God?
Re: The Difference Between Religion And Jesus Christ by ifenes(m): 2:13pm On Dec 01, 2017
FaithfulServant:

Do you believe in God?

Good question. I believe in myself, therefore I believe in God, because I am God. That is exactly what the New Testament tried to teach. Man know thyself, because you are God, you can move mountains and do the unbelievable
Re: The Difference Between Religion And Jesus Christ by FaithfulServant(m): 2:34pm On Dec 01, 2017
ifenes:

Good question. I believe in myself, therefore I believe in God, because I am God. That is exactly what the New Testament tried to teach. Man know thyself, because you are God, you can move mountains and do the unbelievable
Alright my dear. I understand the problem. I will pray for you and by the grace of God you will be fine.
Re: The Difference Between Religion And Jesus Christ by ifenes(m): 4:46pm On Dec 01, 2017
FaithfulServant:
Alright my dear. I understand the problem. I will pray for you and by the grace of God you will be fine.

Explain the problem and to whom are you praying ?
Re: The Difference Between Religion And Jesus Christ by Nobody: 5:18pm On Dec 01, 2017
FaithfulServant:

if not for religion, how would you know that there is such a thing called trinity?

you say you are not in for religion. But 99% of what you say about Jesus, was told to you via a religious book, written by religious people, codified in religious dogmas (trinity, sinless birth, no father, etc.) and taught by religious leaders.

Did Jesus himself tell you anything about him? Or you learned it the way I just described?

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between Religion And Jesus Christ by Nobody: 5:35pm On Dec 01, 2017
FaithfulServant:

""Jesus never came to establish religion but came to reestablish the lost relation between God and man. Our early parents — Adam and Eve first enjoyed perfect"

Jesus is a man.

Adam n Eve are Caucasians.

Don't ever say that Caucasians are ur ancestor.

Christianity is a religion.

It's Pure stupidity to even try to say Christianity is not a religion.

Christians don't actually know the religion they profess.
Christianity is a combination of a number of religions(Paganism n Judaism).

If God wants to forgive our sins, He wouldn't send a son that he created to coman do blood ritual before he can forgive us.

Now lemme wow! u.

THERE'S NO PART OF THE BIBLE THAT SAID GOD SENT HIS SON TO DIE FOR THE SINS OF ISRAELITES.

Try n Read ur Bible.

Good day.

Re: The Difference Between Religion And Jesus Christ by mujahid777(m): 5:46pm On Dec 01, 2017
FaithfulServant:

Lol...how does this in any way make sense to you
Re: The Difference Between Religion And Jesus Christ by FaithfulServant(m): 7:25pm On Dec 01, 2017
LoJ:

if not for religion, how would you know that there is such a thing called trinity?

you say you are not in for religion. But 99% of what you say about Jesus, was told to you via a religious book, written by religious people, codified in religious dogmas (trinity, sinless birth, no father, etc.) and taught by religious leaders.

Did Jesus himself tell you anything about him? Or you learned it the way I just described?

It is written in 2 Peter 1:21:

For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

It is also written in 2 Timothy 3:16

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
Re: The Difference Between Religion And Jesus Christ by FaithfulServant(m): 7:31pm On Dec 01, 2017
mujahid777:

Lol...how does this in any way make sense to you
How does it not make sense to you?

What else do you wish to know my dear?
Re: The Difference Between Religion And Jesus Christ by FaithfulServant(m): 7:38pm On Dec 01, 2017
PrecisionFx:

""Jesus never came to establish religion but came to reestablish the lost relation between God and man. Our early parents — Adam and Eve first enjoyed perfect"

Jesus is a man.

Adam n Eve are Caucasians.

Don't ever say that Caucasians are ur ancestor.

Christianity is a religion.

It's Pure stupidity to even try to say Christianity is not a religion.

Christians don't actually know the religion they profess.
Christianity is a combination of a number of religions(Paganism n Judaism).

If God wants to forgive our sins, He wouldn't send a son that he created to coman do blood ritual before he can forgive us.

Now lemme wow! u.

THERE'S NO PART OF THE BIBLE THAT SAID GOD SENT HIS SON TO DIE FOR THE SINS OF ISRAELITES.

Try n Read ur Bible.

Good day.

Alright I can sense and discern your taste for arguments.

I preach the gospel; I don't argue the gospel (Mark 16:15; 2 Corinthians 6:14).

Thank you.
Re: The Difference Between Religion And Jesus Christ by Nobody: 7:56pm On Dec 01, 2017
FaithfulServant:

It is written in 2 Peter 1:21:

For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

It is also written in 2 Timothy 3:16

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

So you are saying you knowledge of Christ which you claimed is not religious, comes actually from a book written by people you dont really know, and can't even be sure of the authenticity?

At the time these verses were written, most of the new testament was not written yet. So tell me, how do you know this applies to the 66 books of the bible? Why not 73 or 77 like some other christian groups?
Re: The Difference Between Religion And Jesus Christ by FaithfulServant(m): 8:43pm On Dec 01, 2017
LoJ:

So you are saying you knowledge of Christ which you claimed is not religious, comes actually from a book written by people you dont really know, and can't even be sure of the authenticity?

At the time these verses were written, most of the new testament was not written yet. So tell me, how do you know this applies to the 66 books of the bible? Why not 73 or 77 like some other christian groups?

It is written in 1 Corinthians 2:14:

But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them , because they are spiritually discerned.
Re: The Difference Between Religion And Jesus Christ by FaithfulServant(m): 9:04pm On Dec 01, 2017
ifenes:

Explain the problem and to whom are you praying ?
You had a stony and evil heart of unbelief (Hebrews 3:12), but be of good cheer my dear freind the Lord according to His word, has promised to replace the stony heart with the heart of flesh. Ezekiel 36:26: A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh."

Just the same way all smokers are liable to die young, so also all unbelievers are liable to perish in the lake of fire if they fail to repent. It is a fact that cannot be altered no matter how hard we try to disprove.

Revelation 21:8
But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Even the demons that worketh unbelief in the hearts of men knows there is no hope for them but seek to render men hopeless like themselves (Jude 1:6).

You're my freind my dear. I suffered what you suffered and I know how it feels but accept the salvation God is granting to you, lest you perish.

He will take away all sickness like depression from you if you give Him the chance.
Re: The Difference Between Religion And Jesus Christ by Wilgrea7(m): 9:07pm On Dec 01, 2017
FaithfulServant:

in as much as i will agree that Jesus did not come to establish any religion, Christianity today is a religion and Jesus is its central figure

Jesus never came to establish religion but came to reestablish the lost relation between God and man.
same could be said for Moses or Mohammed

Our early parents — Adam and Eve first enjoyed perfect communion with God the Father until the fall of man when they disobeyed God not to eat from the forbidden tree (Genesis 2:16-17). Man was driven from the Garden of Eden and presence of the Lord thereafter (Genesis 3:23, 24). So Jesus came to reestablish that once perfect relationship of man with God.
you're quoting from the Bible... which is the holy book of Christianity.. the bible tells its own story.. the story doesn't make a religion any less of what it is.. other religions have their own stories.. but that doesn't make them less of a religion does it?

please refer to point above... what I'm trying to say is... everything you try to use to seperate Jesus from religion are directly linked with religion.. and it doesn't work that way
Re: The Difference Between Religion And Jesus Christ by FaithfulServant(m): 9:21pm On Dec 01, 2017
Wilgrea7:

in as much as i will agree that Jesus did not come to establish any religion, Christianity today is a religion and Jesus is its central figure

same could be said for Moses or Mohammed

you're quoting from the Bible... which is the holy book of Christianity.. the bible tells its own story.. the story doesn't make a religion any less of what it is.. other religions have their own stories.. but that doesn't make them less of a religion does it?

please refer to point above... what I'm trying to say is... everything you try to use to seperate Jesus from religion are directly linked with religion.. and it doesn't work that way

Are you asking a question or you're trying to argue like the others. If the former, make it specific.
Re: The Difference Between Religion And Jesus Christ by Nobody: 9:49pm On Dec 01, 2017
FaithfulServant:

Alright I can sense and discern your taste for arguments.

I preach the gospel; I don't argue the gospel (Mark 16:15; 2 Corinthians 6:14).

Thank you.

grin grin grin.

Oga who told u that it's an argumemt

Nigga go sidon for wan quorner. I dropped facts far above ur comprehension so I expected this reply. grin
Re: The Difference Between Religion And Jesus Christ by FaithfulServant(m): 9:51pm On Dec 01, 2017
PrecisionFx:

grin grin grin.

Oga who told u that it's an argumemt

Nigga go sidon for wan quorner. I dropped facts far above ur comprehension so I expected this reply. grin

Alright then, enjoy your facts
Re: The Difference Between Religion And Jesus Christ by FaithfulServant(m): 9:55pm On Dec 01, 2017
Hello guys, let's interact the scriptures and not argue nor strife
Re: The Difference Between Religion And Jesus Christ by Nobody: 10:04pm On Dec 01, 2017
FaithfulServant:

It is written in 1 Corinthians 2:14:

But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them , because they are spiritually discerned.

So you spiritually discerned that the bible should have 66 books instead of 77?
Re: The Difference Between Religion And Jesus Christ by ifenes(m): 10:52pm On Dec 01, 2017
FaithfulServant:
Hello guys, let's interact the scriptures and not argue nor strife

Fair enough but I personally don’t think you know much about the scripture. I mean no offence but haven read your replies to me, I’m not impressed. I mean no offence sir.
Re: The Difference Between Religion And Jesus Christ by ifenes(m): 10:56pm On Dec 01, 2017
FaithfulServant:

You had a stony and evil heart of unbelief (Hebrews 3:12), but be of good cheer my dear freind the Lord according to His word, has promised to replace the stony heart with the heart of flesh. Ezekiel 36:26: A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh."

Just the same way all smokers are liable to die young, so also all unbelievers are liable to perish in the lake of fire if they fail to repent. It is a fact that cannot be altered no matter how hard we try to disprove.

Revelation 21:8
But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Even the demons that worketh unbelief in the hearts of men knows there is no hope for them but seek to render men hopeless like themselves (Jude 1:6).

You're my freind my dear. I suffered what you suffered and I know how it feels but accept the salvation God is granting to you, lest you perish.

He will take away all sickness like depression from you if you give Him the chance.

This is obviously a copied and paste words you took from somewhere. How does this apply to me.
Re: The Difference Between Religion And Jesus Christ by FaithfulServant(m): 6:21am On Dec 02, 2017
ifenes:

This is obviously a copied and paste words you took from somewhere. How does this apply to me.

It's your choice and your choice alone to make.
Re: The Difference Between Religion And Jesus Christ by Wilgrea7(m): 7:46am On Dec 02, 2017
FaithfulServant:

Are you asking a question or you're trying to argue like the others. If the former, make it specific.

i stated a point... it depends on you to either refute, accept or ignore
Re: The Difference Between Religion And Jesus Christ by FaithfulServant(m): 10:18am On Dec 02, 2017
Thanks brothers for your comments. God be with you always (2 John 1:3).

(1) (2) (Reply)

David Ibiyeomie of Salvation Ministries Showers His Staff With Christmas Bonus / Difference Between 'giving And Sacrifice' As Nature Demands / Which Is The Default Position? Atheism Or Theism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.