Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,830 members, 7,820,911 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:18 AM

GEJ Believed I Was Responsible For Chibok Girls Disappearance - Shettima - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Believed I Was Responsible For Chibok Girls Disappearance - Shettima (452 Views)

Boko Haram Leadership Crisis Stalling Negotiation For Chibok Girls’ Release- PMB / We Are Still Negotiating For Chibok Girls, Sharibu, Others’ Release – Presidency / GEJ Believed I Was Responsible For The Disappearance Of Chibok Girls - Shettima (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

GEJ Believed I Was Responsible For Chibok Girls Disappearance - Shettima by jumpandpas(m): 4:30am On Dec 01, 2017
Kashim Shettima, governor of Borno state, says President Goodluck Jonathan nearly removed him in 2014 with the belief that he was responsible for the disappearance of Chibok schoolgirls.

He said Mohammed Bello Adoke, who was the attorney-general of the federation at the time, told the president “you don’t have the power to remove even an elected councillor”.
Adoke’s position was supported by Taminu Turaki, minister of special duties, Shettima said.
He was speaking on Thursday at the launch of ‘On a Platter of Gold: How Jonathan Won and Lost Nigeria’, written by Bolaji Abdullahi — who served as a minister under Jonathan from 2011-2014.

”The people around Jonathan told him that I was hiding the girls, that there was no abduction. They said I was hiding the girls to embarrass him,” he said.
He described Jonathan as a “decent person” who was misled by the people around him.
”The whole world was talking about the abduction for three weeks before Jonathan spoke with me for the first time. He summoned the principal of the school and the commissioner for education to Abuja and ordered the IG to arrest them,” Shettima said.
He also revealed that the police commissioner and Chibok DPO were summoned while the brigade commander, who was an Ijawman, was left out.

”Those who advised the president did not want him to know the truth. They knew that the Ijaw officer, who was a captain, would tell a more credible story,” the governor said, insinuation that the kidnap narrative was shaped to present it as a northern conspiracy again Jonathan.

http://www.nigerianeye.com/2017/11/goodluck-jonathan-believed-i-was.html?m=0
Re: GEJ Believed I Was Responsible For Chibok Girls Disappearance - Shettima by Nobody: 4:38am On Dec 01, 2017
Oh Nigeria, which way?
Being a leader is not about listening to rumours, but investigating to discover if really the rumour is true or not.
GEJ was good, #Truth
The people he kept around him spoilt his governance. #Fact
Re: GEJ Believed I Was Responsible For Chibok Girls Disappearance - Shettima by swtdrms(m): 4:39am On Dec 01, 2017
I've always opined that someone who's incompetent will always be incapable.

Jonathan being a good person doesn't make him capable as a leader. As a leader do you agree to all what your boys tell you or you investigate to be sure of what the facts are? And if in anyway you do observe compromise amongst your boys, you should sack them without hesitation, that's how you'll always see things for what they are.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Believed I Was Responsible For Chibok Girls Disappearance - Shettima by Omexonomy: 4:44am On Dec 01, 2017
This clown should spare us his foolish retohrics. Does any body notice the unending attacks in adamawa state since atiku declared to contest
Re: GEJ Believed I Was Responsible For Chibok Girls Disappearance - Shettima by agwom(m): 5:12am On Dec 01, 2017
Re: GEJ Believed I Was Responsible For Chibok Girls Disappearance - Shettima by simplyhonest(m): 5:17am On Dec 01, 2017
people just accuse GEJ unnecessarily... they think it makes them sound intelligent... dirty politicians...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: GEJ Believed I Was Responsible For Chibok Girls Disappearance - Shettima by BafanaBafana: 5:37am On Dec 01, 2017
Jona was so dumb that as a governor, he didn't know that not everyone in the north are hausas and muslims. He came with the typical southern (or south eastern? ) victim mentality to rule Nigeria.
Re: GEJ Believed I Was Responsible For Chibok Girls Disappearance - Shettima by okosodo: 6:03am On Dec 01, 2017
You did in collaboration with the islamic mafia that we have in this contraption
Re: GEJ Believed I Was Responsible For Chibok Girls Disappearance - Shettima by KardinalZik(m): 6:04am On Dec 01, 2017
Boko Haram is synonymous with Northern Muslims and ALL of their leaders. They love the Boko Haram ideology: Jihad is a duty to them.

Kiss The Truth!
Re: GEJ Believed I Was Responsible For Chibok Girls Disappearance - Shettima by Mynd44: 6:32am On Dec 01, 2017

(1)

2019 Presidency:Angry Akiku shun Press, Others after talk with IBB / Photos Of Another Soldier Killed By Boko Haram. / ........

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.