Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,101 members, 7,814,870 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:26 PM

Prayers Are Overrated! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Prayers Are Overrated! (1393 Views)

Poll: Are prayers Overrrated?

Yes!: 42% (3 votes)
No!: 57% (4 votes)
This poll has ended

Christian And Muslim,your Prayers Are Useless / Reasons Prayers Are Not Answered And Sacrifices Not Honoured (4) / What do you do when the answers to your prayers are delayed?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prayers Are Overrated! by Nobody: 6:16pm On Feb 24, 2007
I get sick when there is a problem and people start to say "Lets pray that, " or "Let's leave everything in the hands of God", instead of looking for a tangible solution. I mean can't these they for once try and solve their problems theirselves

Another reason why this world would be better if we were all Atheists!!!

1 Like

Re: Prayers Are Overrated! by Free(f): 7:07pm On Feb 24, 2007
whats wrong in believin in da power of prayer
Re: Prayers Are Overrated! by Gamine(f): 7:13pm On Feb 24, 2007
i wunda

My Devotional today told me
'Men ought to Pray, so u dont Faint' smiley

How can u say prayers are 'overrated'
A conversation wiv ur Father 'Over-rated'
Kai!! shocked
Re: Prayers Are Overrated! by Nobody: 7:15pm On Feb 24, 2007
Gamine:

i wunda

My Devotional today told me
'Men ought to Pray, so u don't Faint' smiley

How can u say prayers are 'overrated'
A conversation with your Father 'Over-rated'
Kai!! shocked

I have no problems with prayers as far as they are not seen as the solution to ANY PROBLEM!
Re: Prayers Are Overrated! by Free(f): 7:29pm On Feb 24, 2007
well PRAYER is the master key, to everythin

when U hv a problem U put it in prayers
and faithfully U r father in heaven will answer U

I really dnt get wot Ur problem with prayers is undecided
Re: Prayers Are Overrated! by Gamine(f): 7:29pm On Feb 24, 2007
ok i hear u

u can pray to get a grip on urself
Re: Prayers Are Overrated! by cuteass1(f): 12:55am On Feb 26, 2007
Prayers can NEVER be overrated, actually in my opinion prayers are underrated. Prayer is the MASTER KEY, as in THE ALL AND ALL. There's no limit to what can be achieved with prayers.

Now God is our heavenly father, our overall father. Can a child ever say that talking to his earthly father or asking his earthly father for a favour is overrated?? i guess not, let alone the ALMIGHTY GOD.

The thing is that people see prayer as a routine and it shouldn't be so, its a way of talking to your father in heaven, so it should actually be a way of life. Talk to God at home, while walking on the street, while eating, anytime, anywhere. WHY? because he's your father wink

@ poster,
Now it dosen't mean that when we say let's pray or let's leave everything in God's hand, we should now fold our hands, cross our legs and wait for God to come down from heaven (I know people do that and its wrong).
We'ld try to find a solution, but we need God's intervention to find the right solution, not just that but also to make the solution found helpful. That's why during prayers we say we'll do everything we can as humans, and then we leave the rest to him(God) because he alone sees in the open and in spirit.
Sometimes when going for an inerview or something, you ask God to make you find favour in theeyes of the interviewers or that he should guide you to say the right things. Now you don't mean that God should come and do the talking for you, do you??
Re: Prayers Are Overrated! by jagunlabi(m): 11:01am On Feb 26, 2007
Definitely overrated in my opinion.
Folks who expect manna from above to drop on their laps as the only solutions to everything, hang on to the illusionary power of prayers.
Intellectual laziness,if you ask me.That is why nations like nigeria will forever be technologically backward.Because the citizens are intellectually aneasthesized and do not believe in their own power of solving their daily problems.
Re: Prayers Are Overrated! by jagunlabi(m): 11:05am On Feb 26, 2007
Gamine:

A conversation with your Father 'Over-rated'
Kai!! shocked

Since when do prayers constitute a "conversation" with your father?
Most,if not all,prayers are about "DEMANDS" from your imaginary father.
I want this,and this,and that,and that,
Re: Prayers Are Overrated! by eniola1310(f): 1:22pm On Feb 26, 2007
i wont say prayers are overated, what i'll say is that a prayer wont solve a problem u can solve by yourself.

Instances are :
1  Jesus wanted to raise lazarus, he told the people to remove the stone covering the tomb.  can we say the power tht raised lazarus is not great enough to roll the stone away?
2  when Jesus was meant to turn water to wine, he asked that the drums be filled with water. isnt the power that turn water to wine great enough to fill the drums with water?

so God wont do for u the things u ought to do by yourself.
Re: Prayers Are Overrated! by cuteass1(f): 2:37pm On Feb 26, 2007
jagunlabi:

Since when do prayers constitute a "conversation" with your father?
Most,if not all,prayers are about "DEMANDS" from your imaginary father.
I want this,and this,and that,and that,

Sweetheart, ignorance is a disease that eats deep into your skin,,,,,,,,,well in this case your soul.
Now what's your business in whether people are demanding something or not, Did anyone ever go on thier knees and address their prayers to JAGUNLABI?, i don't think so.

So why don't you find something better to do than abuse prayers *sighs* "busy-body" angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Prayers Are Overrated! by Gamine(f): 4:36pm On Feb 26, 2007
Dont mind that Jaguda human being

If u want to ask ur dad for smthing . isnt it stil a onversation u wld have wiv him
Its ignorant pple that make 'demands'

Yeah, prayers are evn underrated,
Prayer is the MASTER key!!! smiley
Re: Prayers Are Overrated! by cuteass1(f): 6:43pm On Feb 26, 2007
Yesooooooo
Gamine sweetie, please tell them wink

(1) (Reply)

Imo: Bishops March Against Abortion Bill / Church Of Scotland Approves Gay Priests. / John Chi Of Scoan Is Back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.