Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,941 members, 7,814,184 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:40 AM

Messengers Of Allah - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Messengers Of Allah (4069 Views)

The Known Existing Books Of Allah I / "The Name Of Allah Written On The Ground By Ants" - Man Praises God / The Fatal Error Of Allah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Messengers Of Allah by Lukgaf(m): 7:05am On Dec 01, 2017
*Messengers of Allah (1 of 2)

Alhamdulillah wasalatu walaam ‘ala rosulillah

Prophets in Islam include “messengers”, the bringers of a divine revelation through an angel; they are the law-bringers that believers believe were sent by Allah to mankind, bringing Allah’s message in a language they can understand. Belief in messengers of Allah is one of the six articles of the Islamic faith, and specifically mentioned in the Quran. However, there are differences between Prophets and Messengers. The distinguished difference between a Prophet and a Messenger is that a Messenger is one to whom a law is revealed and he is commanded to convey it, whilst a Prophet is one to whom a law is revealed but he is not commanded to convey it. However, this known difference seems not to be correct, because a Prophet is also commanded to call people, convey the Message and judge among the people.

In a response made by Shaykh ‘Abd al-Rahmaan al-Barraak quoting Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah saying: The correct view is that the Messenger is one who is sent to a disbelieving people, and the Prophet is one who is sent to a believing people with the sharee’ah of the Messenger who came before him, to teach them and judge between them, as Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “Verily, We did send down the Tawraat (Torah) [to Moosa (Moses)], therein was guidance and light, by which the Prophets, who submitted themselves to Allaah’s Will, judged for the Jews” Q5:44

So the Prophets of the Children of Israel judged by the Tawraat which Allaah had revealed to Moosa. With regard to the aayah, “but he is the Messenger of Allaah and the last (end) of the Prophets” Q33:40 and why it did not say the last of the Messengers – the end of the Message does not mean the end of Prophethood, but the end of Prophethood does mean the end of the Message. Hence the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “There will be no Prophet after me,” and he did not say, there will be no Messenger after me.

We have the following categories of preacher:

* Prophet
* Messenger of Allah
* Messenger of the messenger of Allah

The Prophets are the best of mankind, and the most noble of creation before Allah. Allah choose them to convey the call of Laa ilaaha ill-Allaah to mankind, and Allah has made them the intermediaries between Him and His creation in conveying His Laws. Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah said: The correct view is that the Messenger is one who is sent to a disbelieving people, and the Prophet is one who is sent to a believing people with the sharee’ah of the Messenger who came before him, to teach them and judge between them, as Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “Verily, We did send down the Tawraat (Torah) [to Moosa (Moses)], therein was guidance and light, by which the Prophets, who submitted themselves to Allaah’s Will, judged for the Jews” Q5:44

Messenger of the messenger of Allah are the Ulamah of today who convey the call of lailaha illallahu after the last Messenger of Allah. Allah, may He be exalted, sent Messengers to every nation and He stated that they came one after another, as He says (interpretation of the meaning):“Then We sent Our Messengers in succession, every time there came to a nation their Messenger, they denied him, so We made them follow one another (to destruction), and We made them as Ahadeeth (the true stories for mankind to learn a lesson from them). So away with a people who believe not” Q23:4“Verily! We have sent you with the truth, a bearer of glad tidings, and a warner. And there never was a nation but a warner had passed among them” Q35:24

Messenger of the messenger of Allah are the Ulamah of today who convey the call of lailaha illallahu after the last Messenger of Allah. Allah, may He be exalted, sent Messengers to every nation and He stated that they came one after another, as He says (interpretation of the meaning):“Then We sent Our Messengers in succession, every time there came to a nation their Messenger, they denied him, so We made them follow one another (to destruction), and We made them as Ahadeeth (the true stories for mankind to learn a lesson from them). So away with a people who believe not” Q23:4“Verily! We have sent you with the truth, a bearer of glad tidings, and a warner. And there never was a nation but a warner had passed among them” Q35:24

Abud-Dardaa (radyAllaahu ‘anhu) reported: “I heard the Messenger of Allaah (sallAllaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) say: ‘Whoever treads a path due to which he seeks knowledge, Allaah will make him tread one of the paths towards Paradise. And the angels lower their wings out of contentment for the seeker of knowledge. And verily all those in the heavens and in the earth, even the fish in the depths of the sea ask forgiveness for the scholar. And verily, the virtue of the scholar over the worshipper is like the virtue of the moon on the night of Al-Badr over all of the stars. Indeed, the scholars are the inheritors of the prophets, for the prophets do not leave behind a dinar or a dirham for inheritance, but rather, they leave behind knowledge. So whoever takes hold of it, has acquired a large share (i.e. of inheritance).’” Reported by Abu Dawood, At-Tirmidhee and Ibn Hibbaan, and this is the wording found in his collection, in abridged form. Al-Bukhaaree mentioned in his Saheeh Collection in his Book of Knowledge, Chapter: Knowledge precedes Speech and Action, the part from it: “The scholars are the inheritors of the Prophets.”

To be cont....inshaa Allah

May grant us benefit understanding

http://fiqhclass.org/index.php/2017/05/02/messengers-of-allah/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messengers Of Allah by Juniorbuba(m): 9:46am On Dec 01, 2017
Amin ya rabb

2 Likes

Re: Messengers Of Allah by tellasola(m): 9:46am On Dec 01, 2017
Hnmmmmmm
Re: Messengers Of Allah by eminikansoso(m): 9:50am On Dec 01, 2017
Yaa Rosullulahir
Re: Messengers Of Allah by yusahdex: 9:51am On Dec 01, 2017
finally made front page
Re: Messengers Of Allah by Xisnin(m): 9:52am On Dec 01, 2017
Messengers or Conmen?

Religion was invented when the first conman met the first fool.

1 Like

Re: Messengers Of Allah by anibirelawal(m): 11:15am On Dec 01, 2017
UrWorstNightmare:
The true messengers of Allah are Boko Haram, Al Qaeda, ISIS etc
And that makes YOU what?
Re: Messengers Of Allah by UrWorstNightmare: 11:21am On Dec 01, 2017
anibirelawal:
And that makes YOU what?
check my signature
Re: Messengers Of Allah by anibirelawal(m): 11:30am On Dec 01, 2017
UrWorstNightmare:

check my signature
Yeah i have checked, sorry for bothering you. i never knew you were created by DOG, until now.

1 Like

Re: Messengers Of Allah by UrWorstNightmare: 11:37am On Dec 01, 2017
anibirelawal:

Wetin be FSM again
the Flying Spaghetti Monster

google and find out more about the one true God
Re: Messengers Of Allah by anibirelawal(m): 11:42am On Dec 01, 2017
UrWorstNightmare:
the Flying Spaghetti Monster
google and find out more about the one true God
All I can say right now is to tell you SORRY!
Re: Messengers Of Allah by wolesmile(m): 8:34am On Dec 02, 2017
We were taught that the total number of prophets sent are 124,000. Till now, no Ulama'a has been able to give me 100 names successfully. Perhaps, our Salafiyy brothers can. Sometimes, its embarrassing when christians ask us these questions. Whoever answers should do well to let us know the tribes they were sent to.
Re: Messengers Of Allah by wolesmile(m): 12:21am On Dec 03, 2017
I thought our salafiyy/wahabbi brothers are so knowledgeable that they can give answers to my question. iamgenius, abdelkabir, elbinawi, call others and help me out here o.
Re: Messengers Of Allah by Nobody: 6:22am On Dec 03, 2017
wolesmile:
I thought our salafiyy/wahabbi brothers are so knowledgeable that they can give answers to my question. iamge.nius, abde.lkabir, elbinawi, call others and help me out here o.

With the way you've called the people you called out in a sarcastic manner, do you think anyone will reply you with what you want??
Re: Messengers Of Allah by iamgenius(m): 6:28am On Dec 03, 2017
wolesmile:
We were taught that the total number of prophets sent are 124,000. Till now, no Ulama'a has been able to give me 100 names successfully. Perhaps, our Salafiyy brothers can. Sometimes, its embarrassing when christians ask us these questions. Whoever answers should do well to let us know the tribes they were sent to.

Allah says: Sura 40 - Ayat 78

Indeed We sent many Noble Messengers before you, so We have related to you the affairs of some among them, and not related the affairs of some;
and no Noble Messenger has the right to bring any sign except with the command of Allah; so the time when the command of Allah comes, the true judgement will be delivered and there will the people of falsehood be ruined.

@the bolded part answers your question.
The Christians only ask irrelevant questions, even if you tell them all the prophets names and their tribes etc, what difference does it make. Allah only tells us what we need to know about some of the Prophets.
Re: Messengers Of Allah by iamgenius(m): 6:33am On Dec 03, 2017
AbdelKabir:

With the way you've called the people you called out in a sarcastic manner, do you think anyone will reply you with what you want??
Yeah, you are right. I didn't want to answer him before. But I think maybe his intention is pure.
Re: Messengers Of Allah by wolesmile(m): 6:58am On Dec 03, 2017
AbdelKabir:

And that looks likes sarcasm to you?
Re: Messengers Of Allah by Nobody: 7:32am On Dec 03, 2017
wolesmile:
And that looks likes sarcasm to you?

By first qualifying them as "wahhabis" and saying 'I thought they were knowledgeable'....
Re: Messengers Of Allah by Nobody: 7:33am On Dec 03, 2017
iamgenius:

Allah says: Sura 40 - Ayat 78

Indeed We sent many Noble Messengers before you, so We have related to you the affairs of some among them, and not related the affairs of some;
and no Noble Messenger has the right to bring any sign except with the command of Allah; so the time when the command of Allah comes, the true judgement will be delivered and there will the people of falsehood be ruined.

@the bolded part answers your question.
The Christians only ask irrelevant questions, even if you tell them all the prophets names and their tribes etc, what difference does it make. Allah only tells us what we need to know about some of the Prophets.

I think he should also be advised to leave off arguing without knowledge...
Re: Messengers Of Allah by iamgenius(m): 7:34am On Dec 03, 2017
AbdelKabir:

I think he should also be advised to leave off arguing without knowledge...
AbdelKabir:

By first qualifying them as "wahhabis" and saying 'I thought they were knowledgeable'....
You are right.
Re: Messengers Of Allah by wolesmile(m): 3:45pm On Dec 03, 2017
iamgenius and Abdelkabir, come, let us rub minds...
From iamgenius's explanation of Quran 40:78, Allah only revealed to us what we need to know about, and those we need to know amongst the past prophets. But does al-Quran-l-Kereem contain detailed life history of any of the 25 prophets mentioned in the Quran? Yet we know most of their stories. Where were these stories documented? Who documented them and from what source? How about the others not mentioned in the Quran? Have there not been efforts by our scholars past to trace their life history?
Re: Messengers Of Allah by Nobody: 4:44pm On Dec 03, 2017
You'll have to read a book of 30volumes written by imam Adh-dhahabiy rahimahullaah, it has details of what you are looking for, it even has stories of our salafs.....its no other than the siyar A'laam an-nubalaa

1 Like

Re: Messengers Of Allah by iamgenius(m): 6:34pm On Dec 03, 2017
wolesmile, your answer is up there ^^^
Re: Messengers Of Allah by wolesmile(m): 6:48pm On Dec 03, 2017
iamgenius:
wolesmile, your answer is up there ^^^
Indulge me by pointing it out, will you? Can't find it up there.
Re: Messengers Of Allah by iamgenius(m): 7:27pm On Dec 03, 2017
wolesmile:
Indulge me by pointing it out, will you? Can't find it up there.
What AbdelKabir said.
Re: Messengers Of Allah by wolesmile(m): 11:12am On Dec 04, 2017
AbdelKabir:
You'll have to read a book of 30volumes written by imam Adh-dhahabiy rahimahullaah, it has details of what you are looking for, it even has stories of our salafs.....its no other than the siyar A'laam an-nubalaa
Thanks
Re: Messengers Of Allah by wolesmile(m): 5:48pm On Dec 07, 2017
Abdelkabir, I went through a summary of the text you recommended. Not what I requested, though.

(1) (Reply)

Salat-l-istikhara (seeking Guidance When Forming A Decision) / Muslims Please Correct Me If I Am Wrong. / Ramadan Manual

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.