Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,716 members, 7,813,361 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:17 AM

How Many Blocks Would It Take To Complete This Self Contained Units? - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How Many Blocks Would It Take To Complete This Self Contained Units? (40010 Views)

How Much Can Complete This House? / Room And Parlour Self Contain..how Many Size 6 Blocks Would Builts It. / How Much Would Complete This Detached House In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Many Blocks Would It Take To Complete This Self Contained Units? by Chukazu: 12:52pm On Dec 01, 2017
MrWondah:
Dear propertylanders please I need your help in calculating the number of blocks to complete this units of self contained.

Though I'm a student I have decided to invest my money in real estate no matter how small after saving some money from my freelance web design projects I've been doing for over a year now.

I was able to convince a student friend of mine to do the design. The land is set (a gift from dad). I have moulded about 2000 blocks already and plans to lay the foundation Dec 28.

However a friend told me to mold more blocks before I start the foundation. I need your expert advice on the estimated number of blocks and how much it would worth please.

Thanks in advance .

Mods, please help a brother

There's was a particular topic here where someone did a detailed breakdown of how to calculate quantity of blocks for any building project...just search
Re: How Many Blocks Would It Take To Complete This Self Contained Units? by IdeyFindWife: 12:56pm On Dec 01, 2017
ekojoe:

Uncle, he never mentioned he was an architectural student

Na so dream killers dey do.

Hin sef fit neva mould one block o and he's not even willing to put a young brother through despite the guy coming out openly that he was a student, na id1ot sermon him still dey offer am.

Mumucious Mugun!
Re: How Many Blocks Would It Take To Complete This Self Contained Units? by whyteone: 1:05pm On Dec 01, 2017
MrWondah:
Dear propertylanders please I need your help in calculating the number of blocks to complete this units of self contained.

Though I'm a student I have decided to invest my money in real estate no matter how small after saving some money from my freelance web design projects I've been doing for over a year now.

Dear OP,I'd advise you take on the task of doing this estimate yourself.The knowledge gained herein shall prove especially useful when you eventually take on the major task of building the house.I'd describe a simple DIY approach for you.

Note:The number of standard size blocks whether 225 or 150 or 100mm(9"or 6" or 4"wink required to build one square metre of wall is 10.

To estimate the total number of blocks required for your building,proceed as follows:
A)Calculate the total area of the walls i.e total length x height
B)Deduct areas of openings i.e doors and windows.
C)Multiply the result by 10
D)Add 5% for breakages and waste.

QED

5 Likes

Re: How Many Blocks Would It Take To Complete This Self Contained Units? by Amastermovic(m): 1:12pm On Dec 01, 2017
Provide a clear drawing and I will help with the blocks calculation in an appropriate way.. Make sure the dimensions shows well.. You can send to me on whatsapp or here.. Also a student if the project is around lag or ogun state I will like to get involved.. Civil Engineering course of study - structural engineering
Re: How Many Blocks Would It Take To Complete This Self Contained Units? by MrWondah(m): 1:14pm On Dec 01, 2017
victorVIC1:
@ MrWondah Please like how much did it cost you to mould 2000 blocks?
Here is my estimate
I paid 21k for each trip of sand.
Each trip can mold about 20 bags
The moulders charge 500 per bag
Each bag gives me 35 pieces of 5inch block
I bought each bag 2600 average
And I have molded about 3 trips

Doing the calculation
21*3=63k (a)
20*3=60 bags of cement(b)
500* 60=30k (c)
2600*60=156000 (d)

Summing up
A+c+d=249000

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Many Blocks Would It Take To Complete This Self Contained Units? by hooklover: 1:18pm On Dec 01, 2017
InvertedHammer:

If you are truly a student, whip out a calculator. Determine the total area of the building. Determine the size of block to be used. Determine the areas of the windows and doors and subtract from the total area. How many coaches of block for the foundation and above ground level? Do the calculations and you will arrive at a rough estimate. Tedious? Yes. But someone paid your school fees. Pretend that you learned something in school. If you are able to do this, it will be a lifelong skill acquired. No need being lazy and waiting to be spoonfed. If it has never been done before, be the pioneer!

/

I love this web I built my first house I did all d calculation my self found d area of a block calcltaed the area of the house found the number of blocks and cement needed.... I calculated the area of tiles pop. The guts working could not cheat me cos I was so good in my calculations with 15percent excess.

Since u are a student so d calculation by urself.

U doing a good job..

1 Like

Re: How Many Blocks Would It Take To Complete This Self Contained Units? by patrick2015: 1:20pm On Dec 01, 2017
I could help if you send me the plan. The dimensions of the can't be seen from that picture. The pic isn't clear enough. patingeo@gmail dotcom[/quote]
Re: How Many Blocks Would It Take To Complete This Self Contained Units? by billyG(m): 2:18pm On Dec 01, 2017
Stingy guy,u want build blocks & 2 bedrooms on top our head abi
Re: How Many Blocks Would It Take To Complete This Self Contained Units? by money121(m): 2:39pm On Dec 01, 2017
Ok

Re: How Many Blocks Would It Take To Complete This Self Contained Units? by Jegede4real2002(m): 2:48pm On Dec 01, 2017
well, if you would make the dimensions of each span clearer to read. I will provide the material(block, cement, sand,..) estimations
Re: How Many Blocks Would It Take To Complete This Self Contained Units? by victorVIC1(m): 3:22pm On Dec 01, 2017
MrWondah:
Here is my estimate I paid 21k for each trip of sand. Each trip can mold about 20 bags The moulders charge 500 per bag Each bag gives me 35 pieces of 5inch block I bought each bag 2600 average And I have molded about 3 trips
Doing the calculation 21*3=63k (a) 20*3=60 bags of cement(b) 500* 60=30k (c) 2600*60=156000 (d)
Summing up A+c+d=249000

Thanks for the detailed response. God bless
Re: How Many Blocks Would It Take To Complete This Self Contained Units? by laplace19(m): 7:36pm On Dec 01, 2017
MrWondah:

I was able to convince a student friend of mine to do the design. The land is set (a gift from dad). I have moulded about 2000 blocks already and plans to lay the foundation Dec 28.

However a friend told me to mold more blocks before I start the foundation. I need your expert advice on the estimated number of blocks and how much it would worth please.

Thanks in advance .

The design is discouraging. Also, the land area is not well used.
Re: How Many Blocks Would It Take To Complete This Self Contained Units? by funso4life(m): 12:56pm On Dec 02, 2017
1block will complete it
Re: How Many Blocks Would It Take To Complete This Self Contained Units? by ywole: 4:24pm On Dec 03, 2017
MrWondah:

Thanks in advance .

Start it gradually, seems you want to rush everything once. [/color] My candid advice[color=#000099]
Re: How Many Blocks Would It Take To Complete This Self Contained Units? by Uchman88(m): 11:34pm On Feb 09, 2021
Good Day please, How many blocks can one get from 1 bag of cement.? and also how many blocks do one need to build Toilet and Kitchen

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cost Of Cement And Blockwork (may 2021) / List Of Building Materials In Nigeria And The Price Qoutes / Nairalander Please Beware Of NON Lagos State Lands In Ikorodu And Aquisation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.