Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,320 members, 7,836,378 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:41 AM

Fears Mount Over Aganga - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fears Mount Over Aganga (4826 Views)

GEJ's Achievements: Aganga, Iweala, Nebo, Adesina & Madueke Give Accounts / Photos Of President Jonathan Praying At Mount Carmel on Sunday / Concerns Mount Over Unremitted $50bn, Crude Oil Swaps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fears Mount Over Aganga by Katsumoto: 12:35am On Mar 30, 2010
felele:

Salary Moi? You're way out of your league, boy, I pay my staff more than that, and that's the ones here in Lagos.

No wonder!!! I've been discussing with an employee. A non-indigene of Lagos,

Is that all Aganga earns at Goldman Sachs?? Just $0.5 million? Chai!! We don suffer for Lagos!!!

My friend, go and sit in that corner over there. Bigger boys are talking here. Lagosians are talking. Yeye dey smell.

In fact, you have just messed my day up, by revealing to me that I've been wasting my time yarning with someone who is still an EMPLOYEE, whose wildest dreams consist of earning a $500,000 salary. Na wa o!

Aganga is most definitely not a Lagosian and should not take our slot. Let them appoint him from your state, if you're so enamoured of his measly $500,000 salary. Nonsense!!!

L

This is an anonymous forum and as such anyone can claim to be anything. $500,000 as salary is quite a sum; quit insinuating that the average Lagosian or Nigerian earns that sort of wage. If you are paying your employees more than that, then you have done well for yourself, if you make your money legitimately. But we all know that there are not too many credible business people in Nigeria. There is no need to disparage anyone just because they are employees or because you earn more than them. I don't know much about Aganga but he has distinguished himself in his field and though his success may be relative, it is still out there. If you feel that his success, or anyone who is a salaried employee, is quite modest when compared to yours, then you do not need the anonymity that this forum affords you. Just simply identify yourself or quit making inconsequential boasts. This is not a primary playground.
Re: Fears Mount Over Aganga by SEFAGO(m): 4:26am On Mar 30, 2010
Katsumoto:

This is an anonymous forum and as such anyone can claim to be anything. $500,000 as salary is quite a sum; quit insinuating that the average Lagosian or Nigerian earns that sort of wage. If you are paying your employees more than that, then you have done well for yourself, if you make your money legitimately. But we all know that there are not too many credible business people in Nigeria. There is no need to disparage anyone just because they are employees or because you earn more than them. I don't know much about Aganga but he has distinguished himself in his field and though his success may be relative, it is still out there. If you feel that his success, or anyone who is a salaried employee, is quite modest when compared to yours, then you do not need the anonymity that this forum affords you. Just simply identify yourself or quit making inconsequential boasts. This is not a primary playground.

Thanks, moreover it is his choice to work at GS, and he definitely would make more on the side. As an accountant he would prolly be doing private consulting on the side. You dont know what he does at the side. Aganga was shortlisted for a reason, - it is likely that he has been consulted in some capacity by the Nigerian government.

felele:

Salary Moi? You're way out of your league, boy, I pay my staff more than that, and that's the ones here in Lagos.

No wonder!!! I've been discussing with an employee. A non-indigene of Lagos,

Is that all Aganga earns at Goldman Sachs?? Just $0.5 million? Chai!! We don suffer for Lagos!!!

My friend, go and sit in that corner over there. Bigger boys are talking here. Lagosians are talking. Yeye dey smell.

In fact, you have just messed my day up, by revealing to me that I've been wasting my time yarning with someone who is still an EMPLOYEE, whose wildest dreams consist of earning a $500,000 salary. Na wa o!

Aganga is most definitely not a Lagosian and should not take our slot. Let them appoint him from your state, if you're so enamoured of his measly $500,000 salary. Nonsense!!!

L

Moreover don't be ignorant- the position he holds is very rare to get. He must have been exceptional to get there even way more than other managing directors. The path to managing director at an investment bank is a long an arduous one. However, its even more difficult when you come in as an experienced hire-you must have distinguished yourself in your previous firm (Ernst & Young in the case of Agana) out of the large number of applicants.

Your claims of what you earn are insignificant. I pointed out Aganga's salary to show that he is not doing badly even those he works for people. Some people make choices to distinguish themselves in their careers, while some start multi-billion businesses. Aganga is a distinguished accountant, and thats enough said.

Concerning his qualifications, I think an economists would be better off in that position especially a macro- or development economists. However, this is naija, and we should be happy we are not getting a mallam with a masters in islamic banking a someone earlier pointed out. I do believe there might be qualified lagosians. But if there are equally qualified lagosians, i would like to know.

As for my state, Aganga origins is actually closer to my state than you realise tongue, but that is not why I am selecting him
Re: Fears Mount Over Aganga by mekusxxx: 5:23am On Mar 30, 2010
biina:

and who are the ngbatis 'claiming him'? undecided
Wasnt the core issue raised was that he is from Edo?

BTW there is nothing 'super-qualified' about Aganga. He is not even an economist.

Sefago and Sjeazy8.
Re: Fears Mount Over Aganga by SEFAGO(m): 5:32am On Mar 30, 2010
mekusxxx:

Sefago and Sjeazy8.

LOL, i am not claiming him. I am not just sure about this tribe thingy for personal reasons. I saw this:

However, THISDAY checks reveal that Aganga was born in Lagos, he schooled in Lagos and lived in Lagos before travelling out of the country but he has his root in the old mid-west region.

Which is not even true- Aganga went to Christ School Ado-Ekiti, one of the best secondary schools in nigeria during his time before going to UI and then Oxford. So he never lived in Lagos for a long time. I think this story is likely not true
Re: Fears Mount Over Aganga by felele(m): 11:19am On Mar 30, 2010
@katsumoto: I did not intend to boast, but if it came across like that, I apologise to anyone who feels offended by it. Moreover, I do not seek to devalue the Herculean achievements of Mr. Aganga, but it does rankle that some people can feel that Aganga is uniquely qualified to the point that the constitutional entitlements of probably more qualified ethnic Lagosians/yorubas can be overlooked simply because he is one of 1500 Managing Directors at the very prestigious Goldman Sachs.

If we can make this much noise about Aganga, what would you then say about people like Deji Alli or Bayo Ogunlesi??

Let Aganga be appointed from Edo State. As someone pointed out, he didn't even school in Lagos State, so what is his claim to Lagos indigeneship exactly, just accident of birth
Re: Fears Mount Over Aganga by Katsumoto: 11:33am On Mar 30, 2010
felele:

@katsumoto: I did not intend to boast, but if it came across like that, I apologise to anyone who feels offended by it. Moreover, I do not seek to devalue the Herculean achievements of Mr. Aganga, but it does rankle that some people can feel that Aganga is uniquely qualified to the point that the constitutional entitlements of probably more qualified ethnic Lagosians/yorubas can be overlooked simply because he is one of 1500 Managing Directors at the very prestigious Goldman Sachs.

If we can make this much noise about Aganga, what would you then say about people like Deji Alli or Bayo Ogunlesi??

Let Aganga be appointed from Edo State. As someone pointed out, he didn't even school in Lagos State, so what is his claim to Lagos indigeneship exactly, just accident of birth

I agree with you that he should not be appointed as a minister using the slot for Lagos State. There is a law in place, and no state should be left out. We should welcome his appointment but it shouldn't be at the expense of Lagos State or any other state. His appointment should be on the slot of Edo State.

In my opinion, this practice of appointing a minister from each state is at the heart of the issues bedevilling this nation. Nigeria can not develop with this pre middle age solution. What does it matter if all the ministers are from Delta State and every Nigerian is able to enjoy basic amenities such as power/electricty, good durable roads, health care, security, etc?
Re: Fears Mount Over Aganga by biina: 5:23pm On Mar 30, 2010
Katsumoto:

I agree with you that he should not be appointed as a minister using the slot for Lagos State. There is a law in place, and no state should be left out. We should welcome his appointment but it shouldn't be at the expense of Lagos State or any other state. His appointment should be on the slot of Edo State.

In my opinion, this practice of appointing a minister from each state is at the heart of the issues bedevilling this nation. Nigeria can not develop with this pre middle age solution. What does it matter if all the ministers are from Delta State and every Nigerian is able to enjoy basic amenities such as power/electricty, good durable roads, health care, security, etc?
We need the 'federal character' because the judgement of being 'qualified for the job' is subjective in Nigeria, and without it, all political appointees will be just from a handful of villages.
Even now, the amount of political appointees from Katsina is alarming.
Re: Fears Mount Over Aganga by Katsumoto: 6:07pm On Mar 30, 2010
biina:

We need the 'federal character' because the judgement of being 'qualified for the job' is subjective in Nigeria, and without it, all political appointees will be just from a handful of villages.
Even now, the amount of political appointees from Katsina is alarming.

I do not disagree with what you postulate; I am only implying that it is a shame that we need these sort of backward rules.
Re: Fears Mount Over Aganga by 9ja4eva: 1:02am On Mar 31, 2010
Has he been screened?
Re: Fears Mount Over Aganga by dayokanu(m): 2:39am On Mar 31, 2010
Anybody clamouring for a fraud like Obaniko surely doesnt have the interest of Nigeria at heart

I properly dissected Koro here like 3 years ago See this link

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-36656.480.html#msg1002361

The pictures above represent Musiliu Olatunde Mohammed Obanikoro AKA Musiliu Mohammed Olatunde Onikoro at different stages of his life. Yet they are not enough to represent the different identities he had assumed over time. Surely a past shrouded in mystery. It is often said that you can " You can fool all the people some of the time; Some of the people all of the time but never All the people all the time". The facts and details of our illustrious " Senator" will shock even his closest aides. With a past like this Lagosians must beware. Surely Lagos deserves better. The morning it is said shows the day; a Leopard never changes his spots. Can Obanikoro change? With the burnt Lagos Island City Hall as a lasting memorial we doubt it.

Over the course of living in the United States of America, this fellow called Onikoro has acquired, or has associated with himself, at least 15 social security numbers. For understanding, every American has just one number, and it is for life. How and why did "pikin" acquire so many social security numbers? The answer can only be for fraudulent reasons. Once you have more than one identity in the United States, you are attempting to perpetrate fraud!! This was probably made easy for him since he worked as a social worker in the United States of America as claimed by him. "Papa" Olusegun Obasanjo, this is your son!! Lest we forget, this fellow has claimed Onikoro as a former name.

Find below a sampling of his many aliases along with the social security numbers used. More of his aliases can be seen by downloading the attached Microsoft Word document. (Right click on the link and choose "Save as" or "Save link as" to download). Multiple_Identities.doc

Name Address Social Security Number N
Muhammed M. Onikoro 6726 N Glenwood Ave.Apt G4 Chicago U.60626 – 4388 035-58-XXXX

Tunde M. Onikoro aka Olatunde L. Onikoro 1300 Washburn Ave. N. Minneapolis MN 454-15-XXXX
Tunde M. Onikoro 454-51-XXXX
Tunde Onikoro 5401 Rampart Street, Apt. 184T. Houston Tx 77031 – 1331 454-61-XXXX

Morufai O. Onikoro
aka Morufato Onikoro aka Morufat 455-57-XXXX
55-75-XXXX
Musiliu O. Onikoro
aka Tunde M. Onikoro
aka Olantunde M. Onikoro 5570 Gasmer Drive Apt. 25 Houston Tx 77035 – 4503

(This is the address he used when he applied for his Second Degree in Texas Southern University) 464-51-AAAA
Olatunde Onikoro 464-51-BBBB
Lateeph O. Onikoro 474-27-XXXX
Onikoro G. Onumah 474-60-XXXX
Babajide I. Onikoro aka Gabajide I. Onikoro 477-37-XXXX

SO, who do we call? The CIA, FBI or Interpol? Let's not forget the Nigerian police, EFCC, ICPC and of course, INEC! It is then no surprise that the man changed his name to Obanikoro!!

Pls how many social security number can a person have??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fears Mount Over Aganga by dayokanu(m): 2:42am On Mar 31, 2010
How old is Musiliu Obanikoro

Re: Fears Mount Over Aganga by sleekdot(m): 3:04pm On Mar 31, 2010
Na wa o.

Have they done his screening?
Re: Fears Mount Over Aganga by llcoolg05: 4:18pm On Mar 31, 2010
@ DAYO KANU

I like how you say "I properly dissected Koro here like 3 years ago". It is pretty obvious you never lived in the US. Do you honestly think anyone can just walk up to the Department of Social Security and obtain a social security number It aint a buffet my friend and it certainly doesn't work that way! UNBELIEVABLE!!!
Furthermore, apparently the Ambassador frequents the US, at least we've seen pages of him attending graduations of his children and so on, so its obvious he has no issues visitiing the country. Let me say this, a public figure like that CANNOT, and i repeat CANNOT be going in and out of the US with 9 social security numbers or however many u claim (totally ignorant).

NOW on to the AGE matter, lets not go there my friend. Are you singling the Ambassador out on this matter? Eeeem ok in that case, What are the real ages of the following people: Gov. Tinubu, President Obasanjo, Jay jay okocha lol! Its a normal thing in politics. I am aware he started early, so he was probly to young to contest and decided to increase is age and has been stock with it since den. BIG DEAL! Lets move on! GEEZ!

9 social security numbers woow! totally,
Re: Fears Mount Over Aganga by safariman(m): 4:30pm On Mar 31, 2010
I think most people here agree that the Constitution needs to be changed to allow for more qualified candidates to come from one state,
No wonder they are talking about rotating the presidency between north and south, such rubbish
On topic, Aganga is well qualified for a ministerial post and should be allowed to be nominated by Edo State in order to conform with the stupid and backward Constitution
Re: Fears Mount Over Aganga by kennylat: 4:44pm On Mar 31, 2010
NOW on to the AGE matter, lets not go there my friend. Are you singling the Ambassador out on this matter? Eeeem ok in that case, What are the real ages of the following people: Gov. Tinubu, President Obasanjo, Jay jay okocha lol! Its a normal thing in politics. I am aware he started early, so he was probly to young to contest and decided to increase is age and has been stock with it since den. BIG DEAL! Lets move on! GEEZ!

9 social security numbers woow! totally,

Are you serious? Someone lied about his age and he swore to an oath about it. And you said its no big deal?

Lagosians dont want a Fraud as our minister. Why was Salisu Buhari impeached?

Koro was born twice in 6years. lol

regarding Tinubu, OBJ and Okocha If you have any hard evidence bring it out.

When FIFA had evidence against Siasia, Dahiru Sadi and Andrew Uweh Nigeria was banned.

This is evidence about Koro lying about his age.
Re: Fears Mount Over Aganga by llcoolg05: 4:57pm On Mar 31, 2010
@ KENNYLAT

Are you serious? Are you really about to talk about OATH? I wont get into that. Even A United States President (Bill remember him?) lied under oath about and still escaped impeachment, and that is in a civilized world. Abeg talk something else please. seriously.

And also on the Aganga matter, Great candidate for Edo State!
Re: Fears Mount Over Aganga by paddylo1(m): 9:43pm On Mar 31, 2010
Na wa o.

Have they done his screening?

yea, see article,

Nigeria must focus on quality of spending -Aganga
A budget deficit of 5-6 percent is not necessarily a bad thing for Nigeria, but the government must focus on the quality of spending, a Goldman Sachs banker tipped to take over as finance minister said on Wednesday.

[size=16pt]Nigeria's Senate on Wednesday confirmed Olusegun Aganga as one of 38 nominees for Acting President Goodluck Jonathan's cabinet.[/size]

"I know there has been an increase of about 50 percent in the budget and we are running a budget deficit of between 5-6 percent of GDP," Aganga told the Senate during his screening. "That in itself is not necessarily a bad thing."

"What is more significant is that money is allocated to projects that will deliver strong social and economic returns which means that the emphasis is going to be now on implementation, making sure that the quality and efficiencies of spending are looked at strictly," he said.

Jonathan two weeks ago sacked the cabinet in a bid to assert his authority a month after assuming executive powers in the absence of ailing President Umaru Yar'Adua, who remains too sick to govern.

Aganga is currently a London-based executive at U.S. investment bank Goldman Sachs

Nigeria's parliament last week approved plans to lift spending by half this year as the country tries to spend its way out of a downturn, an expansionary budget which risks pushing it to a deficit of more than 5 percent.

Both houses of parliament approved total spending of 4.608 trillion naira ($31 billion) for 2010, sending the legislation to Jonathan to be signed into law.

Analysts welcomed the government's move to boost the economy but cautioned that the quality of spending would be key, given Nigeria's reputation for inefficient budget implementation.
http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5548482-146/story.csp
Re: Fears Mount Over Aganga by jara: 9:50pm On Mar 31, 2010
Those who denied Bode Augusto his chance cannot come back and position themselves for the position of Aganga. I almost confuse Aganga with the Aganga-Williams. Let him represent where the Aganga come from.

For all I care, Augusto should have been back to represent Lagos. He is a true son of the soil.
Re: Fears Mount Over Aganga by pcicero(m): 3:06am On Apr 01, 2010
Let them keep accusing us of shouting. We are tired of giving our entitlements to others who turn around to claim that "Lagos is no man's land". Much as we appreciate the efforts of fellow Nigerians who are contributing meaningfully to the well-being of the state, It must not be confused for a" right of indigeneship".

There are other Nigerians living in states other than their states of origin who cannot claim to be indigenes of such states (of residence). Please, we do not want another form of internal colonisation or another Jos crises in Lagos.
There are thousands of Lagos State indigenes who are ably qualified for any elective/appointive post in Nigeria.
Enough is Enough.
Re: Fears Mount Over Aganga by dayokanu(m): 3:44pm On Apr 01, 2010
pcicero,

wetin u dey yarn?
Re: Fears Mount Over Aganga by felele(m): 8:31am On Apr 02, 2010
dayokanu:

pcicero,

wetin u dey yarn?

Do you have any brain cells left in that your coconut head? Can you not read, or is your comprehension deficit issue so pronounced that you cannot understand that what we Lagosians are saying is that others are welcome to join us in Lagos, to live, trade and do business, but not to TAKE bleeping OVER!!!!

You people are stirring a hornet's nest, and you will not like the results. There will be a serious backlash, because some of you are clearly overstaying your welcome in Lagos.

You are encouraging a dangerous precedent, an open and reckless breach of the constitution. We will soon start our own. Watch and learn.
Re: Fears Mount Over Aganga by kuramo: 9:50pm On Apr 02, 2010
Felele,

You have shown yourself to be a foul mouthed, badly educated upstart who must learn to be deferential to his superiors and i must tell you that most of your comments on the Aganga issue reveal someone with the intellect of a Lagos Area Boy.

You come across as thug who sees nothing wrong with making an ugly threat against a fellow NL contributor who appears to criticize your mentor Senator Obanikoro , the thing is your pugnacious attitude will not get you far.

You hide behind an internet cafe PC claiming to pay your phantom employees on average over $300,000 per annum whilst chiding someone by posting that you '' didnt realise you have been wasting your time yarning with someone  who is still an employee whose wildest dreams consists of earning a $500,00 salary'', such a comment only reinforces the impression that you a fantasist living in cloud cuckoo land.

I will not be wasting any more of my time with you but to conclude that you are a sad case whose only claim to a rightful existence appears to be an accident of birth as a Lagos indigene. You need to get a life and think beyond your narrow mind, there is a world out there bigger than Lagos.  By the way i will not give you the pleasure of letting you know whether i am a Lagos indigene or not.
Re: Fears Mount Over Aganga by felele(m): 2:25am On Apr 03, 2010
kuramo:

Felele,

You have shown yourself to be a foul mouthed, badly educated upstart who must learn to be deferential to his superiors and i must tell you that most of your comments on the Aganga issue reveal someone with the intellect of a Lagos Area Boy.

You come across as thug who sees nothing wrong with making an ugly threat against a fellow NL contributor who appears to criticize your mentor Senator Obanikoro , the thing is your pugnacious attitude will not get you far.

You hide behind an internet cafe PC claiming to pay your phantom employees on average over $300,000 per annum whilst chiding someone by posting that you '' didnt realise you have been wasting your time yarning with someone  who is still an employee whose wildest dreams consists of earning a $500,00 salary'', such a comment only reinforces the impression that you a fantasist living in cloud cuckoo land.

I will not be wasting any more of my time with you but to conclude that you are a sad case whose only claim to a rightful existence appears to be an accident of birth as a Lagos indigene. You need to get a life and think beyond your narrow mind, there is a world out there bigger than Lagos.  By the way i will not give you the pleasure of letting you know whether i am a Lagos indigene or not.

I'm sure that when the Americans fought to get the British off their land and off their backs, the British wisdom then was that they were just thugs and upstarts.

I am not being aggressive towards anyone on behalf of Koro or anyone else. I will however fight to the DEATH, anyone who thinks he can insult the memories of my ancestors by trying to even make believe that I do not exist. That is what those who are attempting to claim that Lagos is some kind of no man's land are doing. Even worse are the ones who will now try to claim that they are indigenes of Lagos when they clearly are not, and their whole claim is based on their having been born in Lagos and or growing up here. There is a reason why the constitution refers to Nigerians in some sections as citizens, and refers to them in other sections as "indigenes".

For your edification, we are not going to stand for this usurpation, which no Nigerians in other states will stand for either anymore, so expect to start seeing overt action from indigenes of Lagos to right the wrongs of the past and put an end to these attempts to regard us as non-persons. If you refuse to acknowledge us and accord us our constitutional rights, then as the Lord Lives, we will take that acknowledgements and our rights BY FORCE, if that it what it has to come to. And may the best man, woman or child win.

As for your puerile attempts to diminish my financial status in an online diatribe, I will just say, keep trying. You have NO IDEA.

Finally, Mr. Kuramo, your online moniker provides quite an insight into the kind of person YOU might be in real life. I cannot think for the life of me why I might in the faintest be interested in your indigeneship of Lagos or otherwise. You are clearly not, since you can treat the matter at hand in such a blase manner. The world out there , been there, done that, got the paper and cohones to prove it. Can you say the same of yourself

FACT: I DO actually have employees in Lagos and in the UK that I pay salaries that will clearly be beyond YOUR wildest dreams, if you think $300k pa is fantasist. Some here online know who I am, and they can confirm this. As I said in my post to Katsumoto, I do not intend to boast, but if Aganga's salary is the reason some think he's qualified to take the Lagos State slot, even though he's not an indigene of Lagos State, I needed to point out those facts to demonstrate that that in of itself is no reason to rob from Lagos.

There are indigenes of Lagos worldwide and here in Lagos who earn more than that and are more than just one out of 1500 managing directors in one of the banks known to be conspiring against countries like Greece and possibly Nigeria.
Re: Fears Mount Over Aganga by Nobody: 6:41am On Apr 03, 2010
@felele

Leave it alone. I'm Lagosian not by birth or place of residence but by ancestral ties. I don't care if a Yoruba from Edo or Ondo or Ekiti or Kwara, Osun etc, represents Lagos state. Yorubas are mixed with other Yorubas and other tribes in Nigeria so should we start throwing stones at our own seeds cause some Lagosian thinks he is the owner of Lagos? He is Yoruba and maybe not Lagosian but what's special about being Lagosian that isn't about being Yoruba?
Re: Fears Mount Over Aganga by SEFAGO(m): 6:46am On Apr 03, 2010
There are indigenes of Lagos worldwide and here in Lagos who earn more than that and are more than just one out of 1500 managing directors in one of the banks known to be conspiring against countries like Greece and possibly Nigeria.

LOLz
Re: Fears Mount Over Aganga by Nobody: 7:06am On Apr 03, 2010
I don't care if a Yoruba from Edo or Ondo or Ekiti or Kwara, Osun etc,  represents Lagos state. Yorubas are mixed with other Yorubas and other tribes in Nigeria so should we start throwing stones at our own seeds cause some Lagosian thinks he is the owner of Lagos? He is Yoruba and maybe not Lagosian but what's special about being Lagosian that isn't about being Yoruba?

from what i could gather, it seems he's not Yoruba. Edos arent Yoruba, btw.

but have they checked where his mother is from? He has two Yoruba names so maybe there's a Yoruba connection somewhere.

i would like to believe Jonathan did his homework before embarking on this mission?
Re: Fears Mount Over Aganga by Nobody: 7:20am On Apr 03, 2010
Why should Lagos have to suffer because Edo State wants to have more than the alloted number of ministerial appointees?

Would it be fair if a Lagosian who just happened to have been born and brought up in Benin by his Yoruba parents were appointed as an Edo state nominee, thereby making it impossible for at least one real indigene of Edo State to take up a space in the nations affairs commensurate with his skill and experience

Now, the other time when there was a heated argument on the origins of lagos and some people were claiming Lagos was originally Edo (also implying Lagos is still Edo), I believe I was shouted down even by Yorubas who wanted to be sentimental about Benin.

The chicken has come home to roost now. undecided
Re: Fears Mount Over Aganga by Nobody: 7:45am On Apr 03, 2010
tpia.:

Now, the other time when there was a heated argument on the origins of lagos and some people were claiming Lagos was originally Edo (also implying Lagos is still Edo), I believe I was shouted down even by Yorubas who wanted to be sentimental about Benin.

The chicken has come home to roost now. undecided

Hahahaha some questions answer themselves over time. Lagos is not Edo not in any bit. If the Benin kingdom didn't spread to Ogun state and surrounding settlements in Lagos, how can Lagos be Edo? Maybe they mistook Eko for Ondo.
Re: Fears Mount Over Aganga by KnowAll(m): 7:55am On Apr 03, 2010

Olusegun Aganga is more a Yoruba than Edo, he might bet ancestorially linked with the Edo's so are the Binis that settled in lagos in the 1700's. I saw him speak in that conference and the way he pronounced some Yoruba names nobody has to tell u he is a true son of the soil. Even his English language speech is tainted with a ting of Yoruba accent. How more Yoruba can he be, as far as I am concerned he is more Yoruba than some self acclaimed Yorubas.

Apart from that diasopoaras who have exelled in any displine should be allowed to return to the home country and give their own quota to the development of the country, they should also be allowed to claim any one of the 36 states since some of them might have lost touch with the home country.

Lagos state dosen't even have the f****ing right to deny someone wanted by presidential fiat to be a representative of lagos state, lagos being the most cosmopolitan state in the country hence the reason why Aganga was attached to lagos. Secondly the PDP in lagos did not deliver Lagos to the FG why should Federal Authorities listen to a bunch of loser PDP politicains who cannot deliver their state to the centre goverment.

If lagos state was PDP today this kind of imposition would have being impossible but because lagos is an opposition state,  they get treated like opposition, they need to go and find their voice by voting PDP in the next general election or shut up. What has people like Koro done to deserve an ambassodorial posting.

F***k*ng bunch of losers.  undecided
Re: Fears Mount Over Aganga by SEFAGO(m): 8:39am On Apr 03, 2010
lol, u guys are ridiculous mate. Aganga's state is the least of your concerns. You should be happy they did not place some aboki with doubtful qualifications
Re: Fears Mount Over Aganga by biina: 8:53am On Apr 03, 2010
KnowAll:

Olusegun Aganga is more a Yoruba than Edo, he might bet ancestorially linked with the Edo's so are the Binis that settled in lagos in the 1700's. I saw him speak in that conference and the way he pronounced some Yoruba names nobody has to tell u he is a true son of the soil. Even his English language speech is tainted with a ting of Yoruba accent. How more Yoruba can he be, as far as I am concerned he is more Yoruba than some self acclaimed Yorubas.

Apart from that diasopoaras who have exelled in any displine should be allowed to return to the home country and give their own quota to the development of the country, they should also be allowed to claim any one of the 36 states since some of them might have lost touch with the home country.

Lagos state dosen't even have the f****ing right to deny someone wanted by presidential fiat to be a representative of lagos state, lagos being the most cosmopolitan state in the country hence the reason why Aganga was attached to lagos. Secondly the PDP in lagos did not deliver Lagos to the FG why should Federal Authorities listen to a bunch of loser PDP politicains who cannot deliver their state to the centre goverment.

If lagos state was PDP today this kind of imposition would have being impossible but because lagos is an opposition state,  they get treated like opposition, they need to go and find their voice by voting PDP in the next general election or shut up. What has people like Koro done to deserve an ambassodorial posting.

F***k*ng bunch of losers.  undecided

Nobody said Aganga shouldnt be appointed, but it should not be as a rep of lagos if he is not. I dont know of any precedence where people are to represent where they are not from.
If the Presidency want to appoint Aganga into any office, he should feel free to do so, on the ticket of whatever state he is truly from (and the fact that he is yoruba or not is irrelevant).
If you cant trace your routes, then there is no evidence that you are even a Nigerian.
I doubt people would be saying all these nonsense if it was an Hausa man being nominated on the ticket of Anambra simply because he was born in saabo  undecided
Re: Fears Mount Over Aganga by KnowAll(m): 9:13am On Apr 03, 2010
Nobody said Aganga shouldnt be appointed, but it should not be as a rep of lagos if he is not. I dont know of any precedence where people are to represent where they are not from.
If the Presidency want to appoint Aganga into any office, he should feel free to do so, on the ticket of whatever state he is truly from (and the fact that he is yoruba or not is irrelevant).
If you cant trace your routes, then there is no evidence that you are even a Nigerian.
I doubt people would be saying all these nonsense if it was an Hausa man being nominated on the ticket of Anambra simply because he was born in saabo  Undecided

I guess you are one of those LAZY PDP card members from Lagos State that cannot even deliver their wards in a general election, and yet want to benefit from the largasse of the PDP, people like Koro should be touting around lagos trying to lure voters to thier hold. But silly Yaradua rewarded a man that cannot deliver his ward with an abassadorial post.

If AC where the goverment at the center or the FG,  the imposition of Aganga would not have being possible. Look PDP in Lagos State has no leg to stand they have not delivered and so should not be rewarded. Aganga stays,  and u lazy card holders get your butts of the ground and start working the streets of lagos and win some votes for PDP otherwise nothing for you lot.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Is Airtel Nigeria's Website? / Result Of Adamawa State Guber Election / Buhari: Obama Goes For Medical Treatment: A Comparison pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.