Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,992 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

Your Android Phone Could Be Recording You Secretely - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Your Android Phone Could Be Recording You Secretely (473 Views)

Here Are Five Things You Never Knew Your Android Phone Could Do / What Phone Could I Get With 37k With A Really Good Display And Ram Management / Things You Didn’t Know Your Android Phone Could Do. You Need To See N0 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Your Android Phone Could Be Recording You Secretely by Vikky014(f): 3:54pm On Dec 01, 2017
Ever get the feeling your phone is recording you? Well that’s because it probably is, as Google has a My Activity section that allows you to listen to everything an Android handset has recorded you saying.

Dig into the account section of an Android phone running a fairly up-to-date version of Google mobile operating system, and tap on the ‘personal info & privacy’ section then scroll down until you find the ‘My Activity’ section.

Tap on that and you’ll be directed to a web page detailing all the activity on your Google Account. This ranges from searches to app use and what you’ve been asking the Google Assistant.

Tap – or click if you’re viewing your account on a web browser – your way to a section titled ‘Voice & Audio’ and rather disturbingly you can listen back to all of the audio Google has recorded you saying.

Now Google hasn’t been recording phone conversations, but every time you use the Google Assistant or make a voice search, then the sear

Google notes that My Activity allows users to “rediscover the things that you’ve searched for, visited and watched on Google services”. But it does a good job of showing just how much data we appear to willingly share with many tech companies.

There are controls in My Activity that allow you to switch off the recording Google does, but they are all enabled by default.

This means if you didn’t know any better and breeze past terms and conditions and dialogue boxes noting the permissions you’re giving apps, you’re likely to have been and are being recorded without explicitly knowing it; it’s just as well that Google’s long time motto is ‘Don’t be evil’.

http://richcodeworld.com/#tech

(1) (Reply)

Best Way To Enjoy Mobile Banking In Nigeria / Update On Samsung Galaxy A8+ (2018) First Impressions / Camon Cm Discussion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.