Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,760 members, 7,817,102 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:35 AM

Ignition & Key Problem,please Help Me Out - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Ignition & Key Problem,please Help Me Out (2004 Views)

Original Toyota Camry, Avensis, Corolla, RAV4 And Matrix IGNITION COILS / Extremely Neat Tokunbo Camry 2007 With Remote Ignition@2.2M Only(08096577304) / 2008 Toyota Lexus Es350 Sedan: **reverse Cam+push-start Ignition+ Navigation** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ignition & Key Problem,please Help Me Out by Phrankve1(m): 1:15pm On Mar 28, 2010
Hi guyz.

After clearing my honda accord 2004 EX V6,i found out that the ignition and the key has been taken off from the car. For that reason the car was towed from tincan to my house.

I went to ladipo market with friends that knows about the iginition to get it replaced,i bought an iginition and the key,called someone to re-program it to the car yet the car didnt start.

I used a roro service and yet it took 4 months for the car to get here,i guess this was how they got the opportunity to steal from my baby.

Please help me out i am really tired of the whole troubles,i am thinkn of asking my uncle to buy the ignition for me from the US but it will cos more delays.

experts on issues like this should help me out,i dnt mind paying any amount to get the car moving,this is my first car ever,please help me out
Re: Ignition & Key Problem,please Help Me Out by KunleA2(m): 3:16pm On Mar 28, 2010
No matter how long it took to RORO, the thing must have been stolen in Lagos. Which line did u use? You might wanna check with the person who reprogram the key.

Does it turn over? Are you sure anything else like the electrical stuff is not stolen? How about the brain box etc?

Does the ignition light comes on?

Regards
Re: Ignition & Key Problem,please Help Me Out by Phrankve1(m): 5:44pm On Mar 28, 2010
Thanks sir,for you reply.

I dnt have much idea on things like this,like i stated before its my first ride.

The only thing i did take note off,

The lights came on both the front lights and the back

The Radio came on,after inserting the code including the car horn.

Please i need advice on this issue ASAP,before i complicate issues.

Thanks
Re: Ignition & Key Problem,please Help Me Out by KunleA2(m): 6:00pm On Mar 28, 2010
What i am trying to ask is that if the light inside the dashboard (charge, oil, airbag etc) comes on? Does the engine even turn over at all?
Re: Ignition & Key Problem,please Help Me Out by thonerow(m): 7:41pm On Mar 28, 2010
Just started having d same problems with my 04 eod lx, in my case d key was kinda glued all round, dealer said it got broken while previous owner was tryin to fix battery, didn't think much of it as it was workin perfectly. However after just 3wks it now takes me nearly 10mins to get d key to start d car, it just wont turn at all. And i'm in makurdi where its diff. to get d key programmed, any advice pls.
Re: Ignition & Key Problem,please Help Me Out by chelseabmw(m): 8:24pm On Mar 28, 2010
BUMP!
Re: Ignition & Key Problem,please Help Me Out by Onwan: 8:54pm On Mar 28, 2010
@Phrankve1
You need to calm down, get a good rewire to trace the wires and confirm IF your vehicle's brain-box is still there.

If they had enough time to remove the ignition, then they probably would have taken some other stuff too. Just have a rewire check for a brain-box and the starter relay.

I'm currently trying to get a working tokumbo central lock pump for an S500 after a rewire did a trace and found that the central lock pump case is empty AND the OEM 6 CD Changer is missing (Plus the cables)

@thonerow
There is something you have to try; You need to get an uncut key (Just a regular uncut key without any electronics/remote), let a key cutter make a duplicate of your key - once this is done, try starting your car with it, this should start your car and lock/unlock manually with it too.

After this, you can then order for a replacement uncut smart-key for your car and then have the transponder programmed and the key part of it cut to start your car.
Re: Ignition & Key Problem,please Help Me Out by allensmith: 11:41am On Jul 01, 2016
You must contact to Parkland Locksmith for the key problems.
Re: Ignition & Key Problem,please Help Me Out by AnthonyEdwards: 7:55am On Aug 01, 2016
Same issue last year - Emma Locksmith Cutlerbay replaced ignition cylinder at no cost with two new keys.
Re: Ignition & Key Problem,please Help Me Out by margerysimkin: 6:40am On Feb 23, 2017
In such cases you need to get a new key and cut down by a key cutter.If can't able to do by own then hire a Locksmith and allow them to cut and program the key for your car.
Re: Ignition & Key Problem,please Help Me Out by alexanderwhite: 11:23am On Feb 24, 2017
Locksmith not only help you in making the new locks keys and repair locks.But they are also helpful in suggesting the new locks to protect your home from thefts also.Ask them to install systems so that you can keep eye on each entry of your house.
Re: Ignition & Key Problem,please Help Me Out by mecheal365: 12:20pm On Feb 24, 2017
Meecheal excels limited offers professional services for: accidental car repairs, engine repair, car wash services, car painting(Oven baking)
vehicle branding, electrical/air condition repairs, vehicle maintenance, auto computerized diagnostics and visual inspection, Alignment and balancing, auto tracking services etc. and our products are:
1. Original spare parts
2. Tyre's of all brands
3. Synthetic engine oil
4. Auto accessories
5. Batteries etc

Meecheal excels limited auto care centre is architecturally design to contain over 300 vehicles, we assure safety of our customer vehicle upon every task within the workshop environment with the use of electronic security camera cctv and man power security. kindly call 08026999465 or 08068857988, you can visit our website at www.meechealexcels.com for more inquiries

(1) (Reply)

1994 Honda Legend. Quick Sale Wont Last 72hours(350k) / 2003 Honda Element is SOLD SOLD SOLD.GLORY B 2 GOD.. / Lagos Cleared 1995 Honda Accord (bulldog) For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.