Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,175 members, 7,821,982 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:31 PM

Which University In Nigeria Runs The Fatest LLM Program? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Which University In Nigeria Runs The Fatest LLM Program? (1863 Views)

Entire Graduating Class With LLM At The University Of Calgary Are All Nigerians / FUTO Student Test Runs The Airplane He Built As His Final Year Project / Which University In Nigeria Accepts 2.2 For A Direct Masters Programme? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which University In Nigeria Runs The Fatest LLM Program? by scholarsarena: 10:36pm On Dec 01, 2017
Hello friends, I am a fresh law graduate.
I want to start my LLM program next year but there are things I don't know yet.

Please lend your opinion on these:

1. which university is the fastest? Duration specifics would be appreciated.

2. can you estimate the probable cost of completing an LLM program in the university suggested above?

3. Can I run the program during my NYSC year?

4. If I decide to STUDY ONLINE, What's the place, status, relevance and or acceptability of MSC certificates obtained through ONLINE Msc programs offered by reputable European universities? e.g University of south wales, Uk.

Thanks for your expected useful responses.
Re: Which University In Nigeria Runs The Fatest LLM Program? by scholarsarena: 9:33am On Dec 02, 2017
Any answers pls

Cc: lalasticlala dragnet mynd44

Pls help me get views and responses
Re: Which University In Nigeria Runs The Fatest LLM Program? by scholarsarena: 11:32pm On Dec 02, 2017
Still expectant
Re: Which University In Nigeria Runs The Fatest LLM Program? by lazygal: 11:56pm On Dec 02, 2017
I have heard of uni ikorin and a..b.u zaria
Some times I wonder if llm is trully neccesary I mean its all about what you know up there ..maybe for added advantage sha oo....
I

1 Like

Re: Which University In Nigeria Runs The Fatest LLM Program? by scholarsarena: 10:01am On Dec 03, 2017
lazygal:
I have heard of uni ikorin and a..b.u zaria
Some times I wonder if llm is trully neccesary I mean its all about what you know up there ..maybe for added advantage sha oo....
I

wow, thanks for your contribution.

it's unfortunate no one else wants to answer bc it's not a thread on snake and bom-bom.
Re: Which University In Nigeria Runs The Fatest LLM Program? by lazygal: 12:59pm On Dec 03, 2017
scholarsarena:

wow, thanks for your contribution.

it's unfortunate no one else wants to answer bc it's not a thread on snake and bom-bom.

I saw one post like that in scholarship I Australia maybe you should consider it.

Okay best of luck

1 Like

Re: Which University In Nigeria Runs The Fatest LLM Program? by scholarsarena: 3:23pm On Dec 03, 2017
lazygal:

I saw one post like that in scholarship I Australia maybe you should consider it.

Thanks dearest, I know about scholarships too. I am just getting ready in case scholarships disappoint me
Re: Which University In Nigeria Runs The Fatest LLM Program? by lazygal: 6:25pm On Dec 03, 2017
scholarsarena:
Hello friends, I am a fresh law graduate.
I want to start my LLM program next year but there are things I don't know yet.

Please lend your opinion on these:

1. which university is the fastest? Duration specifics would be appreciated.

2. can you estimate the probable cost of completing an LLM program in the university suggested above?

3. Can I run the program during my NYSC year?

4. If I decide to STUDY ONLINE, What's the place, status, relevance and or acceptability of MSC certificates obtained through ONLINE Msc programs offered by reputable European universities? e.g University of south wales, Uk.

Thanks for your expected useful responses.

Permit me to advise you please hoping you will consider ..law is not like other course .its a professional course.in any part of the world students are not expected to rush into doing masters ..may I advise that you gather atleast 3 years experience that way you are sure of what field you wish to specialize ...
I can go further to advise that you do certifications like chartered secretary,taxation or arbitration mmyou can also choose to do PGD in a chosen field .
It will be good to have skills that other lawyers lack such as finance ao you can choose to do a course in finance
Much later you will then be sure of what field interests you
I c a lot of baby lawyers rush to do masters for the added advantage reason but certifications also count..
It's my opinion you can consult experienced lawyers also. ..if practicing is really what you want then consider A PGD on legislative drafting also

Do not rush my dear take your time to thinkdeepand consult wide. .many lawyers wish they had been given steps to take on choosing a direct path ..

In life once you realize your mistake ,its never too late this is an advice a lecturer gave us in my last yar in university and I never ever forgot

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which University In Nigeria Runs The Fatest LLM Program? by lazygal: 6:37pm On Dec 03, 2017
Unilag is also good also university of Ibadan ..I won't advise on line .You should also try to confirm from each of the listed universities on whether they would require nysc discharge cert ...it is a requirement in most universities .

Are you aware that ptdf also sponsors masters locally ? Try and make a lot of researches ...develop your self .@the end of this all,its not what is taught in class rooms but what you learnt outside class room via courses,reading far and wide etc...this is what impresses a lot of employers ..
Re: Which University In Nigeria Runs The Fatest LLM Program? by scholarsarena: 11:29pm On Dec 03, 2017
lazygal:
Unilag is also good also university of Ibadan ..I won't advise on line .You should also try to confirm from each of the listed universities on whether they would require nysc discharge cert ...it is a requirement in most universities .

Are you aware that ptdf also sponsors masters locally ? Try and make a lot of researches ...develop your self .@the end of this all,its not what is taught in class rooms but what you learnt outside class room via courses,reading far and wide etc...this is what impresses a lot of employers ..

Thanks so much dear for your sincere opinions. I appreciate you.
I already have some certifications in the area of arbitration.
I was inducted into the institute of chartered mediators and conciliators(icmc) while in school. I am also a certified member of International arbitration Institute(UK).

As you advised, I will consult widely with senior colleagues and mentors before making any final decision.
I have interest in the academia and that's why I need LLM.
Re: Which University In Nigeria Runs The Fatest LLM Program? by scholarsarena: 11:32pm On Dec 03, 2017
lazygal:

I can't thank you enough dear.
As an aside, your person is a direct opposite of your NL handle smiley

1 Like

Re: Which University In Nigeria Runs The Fatest LLM Program? by lazygal: 12:09am On Dec 04, 2017
scholarsarena:

Thanks so much dear for your sincere opinions. I appreciate you.
I already have some certifications in the area of arbitration.
I was inducted into the institute of chartered mediators and conciliators(icmc) while in school. I am also a certified member of International arbitration Institute(UK).

As you advised, I will consult widely with senior colleagues and mentors before making any final decision.
I have interest in the academia and that's why I need LLM.

Okay now I get. Definitely you will need llm .Ilorin and unilag seem to have a lot of llm specializations Ife and Ibadan also..or u can simply do llm in general lecturing is good and opens doors to a lot of opportunities .best of luck ,dear

1 Like

Re: Which University In Nigeria Runs The Fatest LLM Program? by scholarsarena: 7:38am On Dec 04, 2017
lazygal:

Okay now I get. Definitely you will need llm .Ilorin and unilag seem to have a lot of llm specializations Ife and Ibadan also..or u can simply do llm in general lecturing is good and opens doors to a lot of opportunities .best of luck ,dear

Thanks alot

(1) (Reply)

Several Things Bill Gates Said Today About Nigeria That You Should Take Note Of / Stay Away From South South And South East State NANS Warn All Travellers / Help!!! I Am A First Class Graduate And Needs A Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.