Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,068 members, 7,818,183 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:44 AM

President Mnangagwa Appoints 68-Year-Old Sithembiso Nyoni As Minister Of Youths - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / President Mnangagwa Appoints 68-Year-Old Sithembiso Nyoni As Minister Of Youths (30923 Views)

Zimbabwe’s President Mnangagwa Appoints Son & Nephew As Ministers, Faces Outrage / Putin Gifts Zimbabwe President Mnangagwa A New Helicopter (Photos) / President Mnangagwa Buying Fried Chicken (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Mnangagwa Appoints 68-Year-Old Sithembiso Nyoni As Minister Of Youths by aminu23(m): 4:24pm On Dec 02, 2017
EdifiedCEO:
Despite the long awaited change that was finally spurred and carried out through Military intervention, many would have thought new things will take the air in Zimbabwe.

Here is the news making the rounds- The new President have reportedly made this woman, pictured below the Minister of youth in her late 60s.

Whats your take on this?

http://www.newshelmng.com/2017/12/photo-president-mnangagwas-new-minister.html

I think her age should not matter as long as she's gonna deliver

What matters in governance is not the person governing but the person's ability to govern well within constitutional jurisdiction

You can relate this with a Football team
The managers of all famous FC I know are old people with pool of experience mostly retired

But the game football is played by youths

So, should we now say that a FC should ideally be managed by a Young person since that person is to oversee a team entirely of youths
Re: President Mnangagwa Appoints 68-Year-Old Sithembiso Nyoni As Minister Of Youths by aminu23(m): 4:27pm On Dec 02, 2017
: I think her age should not matter as long as she's gonna deliver

What matters in governance is not the person governing but the person's ability to govern well within constitutional jurisdiction

The managers of all famous FC I know are old people with pool of experience mostly retired

So, should we now say that a FC should ideally be managed by a Young person since that person is to oversee a team entirely of youths
Re: President Mnangagwa Appoints 68-Year-Old Sithembiso Nyoni As Minister Of Youths by emeijeh(m): 4:28pm On Dec 02, 2017
StaffofOrayan:
Hehehehe, was having a shiity day until I saw ur meme grin grin grin

Hope you feel much better now bro,
Re: President Mnangagwa Appoints 68-Year-Old Sithembiso Nyoni As Minister Of Youths by Chartey(m): 4:40pm On Dec 02, 2017
aminu23:

I think her age should not matter as long as she's gonna deliver

You're the only person with sense on this thread.
I mean is it in their constitution that the Minister for youth must be a young person?
What matters is the kind of youth-friendly policies she pushes for.
I'll favour an older person being such a minister in Nigeria because with the kind of stupidity the Nigerian youth wallow in as shown on this thread, it will be very daunting to find one who is good enough for that position.
Re: President Mnangagwa Appoints 68-Year-Old Sithembiso Nyoni As Minister Of Youths by StaffofOrayan(m): 4:42pm On Dec 02, 2017
Yeah thanks!

emeijeh:

Hope you feel much better now bro,
Re: President Mnangagwa Appoints 68-Year-Old Sithembiso Nyoni As Minister Of Youths by mikolo80: 6:10pm On Dec 02, 2017
Samusu:
I thoughts it only in Nigeria that line; LEADERS OF TOMORROW is a myth.

Zimbabwe follow join too

May God help us the youths, amen

Make I de look my Tomoto Jossy like my god Kazeem the Mechanic de look Jumoke the Orange Seller abegy
there is no myth. elders cannot have over to youth just because they are youth.
how is it their fault that tooth refuse to rise up and lead.

God will not h help lazy cowardly selfish youth that refuse to help themselves
Re: President Mnangagwa Appoints 68-Year-Old Sithembiso Nyoni As Minister Of Youths by mikolo80: 6:11pm On Dec 02, 2017
Boldwinner:
lol.. What a joke..

But seriously, when a 68 year old is making the decisions for youths 15-35, I wonder what kind of decisions will be taken.

Youth leaders need to be matured youths who really knows what's currently up. The world keeps changing rapidly and it's only a youth who is passing through these changes that can understand the plight of other youths. 68-35 is 33 years gap..
name one matured youth, just one I dare you
Re: President Mnangagwa Appoints 68-Year-Old Sithembiso Nyoni As Minister Of Youths by mikolo80: 6:12pm On Dec 02, 2017
emeijeh:
Imagine!

Why are African leaders always getting it wrong?

68! as if there are no youths in Zimbabwe

[img]https://media1./images/f98abf36c1e27a1d8f43bcb3708b26dd/tenor.gif[/img]
where were the youth when he was struggling and suffering
Re: President Mnangagwa Appoints 68-Year-Old Sithembiso Nyoni As Minister Of Youths by emeijeh(m): 6:38pm On Dec 02, 2017
mikolo80:
where were the youth when he was struggling and suffering

Am I a zimbabwean?
Re: President Mnangagwa Appoints 68-Year-Old Sithembiso Nyoni As Minister Of Youths by Nobody: 6:51pm On Dec 02, 2017
I hope the new regime will not be worst than the last one. undecided
Re: President Mnangagwa Appoints 68-Year-Old Sithembiso Nyoni As Minister Of Youths by mikolo80: 6:57pm On Dec 02, 2017
emeijeh:

Am I a zimbabwean?
so why you carry am for head

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Zelenskyy Calls NATO Weak And Confused / Ukraine's Highly Anticipated Counter-Offensive Against Russia Has Begun (Video) / Blaise Compaore Sentenced To Life In Prison Over Sankara Murder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.