Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,432 members, 7,830,167 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

Fashola Bags UN-Habitat Award In Brazil - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Bags UN-Habitat Award In Brazil (2741 Views)

Fashola Bags International Award / UN Agency Honours Mimiko With Un-habitat Scroll Of Honour Award / Un Habitat Survey Rates Nigeria Local Councils 'ineffective' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola Bags UN-Habitat Award In Brazil by lordbayor(m): 4:32pm On Mar 28, 2010
The Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola (SAN) has been honoured with the International award of Excellence for Urban Development at the on-going UN-Habitat World Urban forum 5 in Rio de Janeiro.

In his 20-minute presentation, the Governor, who was represented by the Honorable Commissioner for Physical Planning, Mr. Fransisco Abosede revealed that the bottom up approach which has given birth to participatory governance is the secret behind the huge success of his administration.

Reacting to calls to check the influx of people from other states to Lagos State, Fashola revealed that the state is not planning on this because there are enough jobs for everybody. He said that the state is planning for 40 million people.

At the full capacity hall of the net working event, participants were unanimous on the fantastic performance of the BRF administration.

Commending the efforts of Fashola’s administration, the Coordinator of the World Urban Forum, Mariam Yinusa cautioned that the dynamics set in motion should be sustained or else the success will rot away. She emphasised the need for the State to produce another Fashola in order to ensure continuity.

The Chairman of the occasion, Dr Graham Tipple from the Newcastle University England, spoke on the amazing transformation the State has witnessed during the present administration . Professor Falade, the UN-Habitat director in Nigeria, called on other states of the federation to emulate Lagos.

The 2-hour event, which was put together by the Institute for Environment Research and Development (IERD) was rounded off with an International award of excellence for both the Mayor of Guarulhos, Mr Alves de Almedia, and Raji Fashola.

http://thenationonlineng.net/web2/articles/41169/1/Fashola-bags-award-in-Brazil/Page1.html
Re: Fashola Bags UN-Habitat Award In Brazil by edoyad(m): 4:54pm On Mar 28, 2010
Papabrowne over to you.
Re: Fashola Bags UN-Habitat Award In Brazil by Nobody: 5:15pm On Mar 28, 2010
lordbayor:

he Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola (SAN) has been honoured with the International award of Excellence for Urban Development at the on-going UN-Habitat World Urban forum 5 in Rio de Janeiro.

In his 20-minute presentation, the Governor, who was represented by the Honorable Commissioner for Physical Planning, Mr. Fransisco Abosede revealed that the bottom up approach which has given birth to participatory governance is the secret behind the huge success of his administration.

Reacting to calls to check the influx of people from other states to Lagos State, Fashola revealed that the state is not planning on this because there are enough jobs for everybody. He said that the state is planning for 40 million people.

At the full capacity hall of the net working event, participants were unanimous on the fantastic performance of the BRF administration.

Commending the efforts of Fashola’s administration, the Coordinator of the World Urban Forum, Mariam Yinusa cautioned that the dynamics set in motion should be sustained or else the success will rot away. She emphasised the need for the State to produce another Fashola in order to ensure continuity.

The Chairman of the occasion, Dr Graham Tipple from the Newcastle University England, spoke on the amazing transformation the State has witnessed during the present administration . Professor Falade, the UN-Habitat director in Nigeria, called on other states of the federation to emulate Lagos.

The 2-hour event, which was put together by the Institute for Environment Research and Development (IERD) was rounded off with an International award of excellence for both the Mayor of Guarulhos, Mr Alves de Almedia, and Raji Fashola.

And so he should.

No matter what allegations his detractors have made against him, he has achieved for Lagos within a short period where many others failed.

Lagos is on the up and with time, changes will permeate into every sphere of business, education and industry.
Re: Fashola Bags UN-Habitat Award In Brazil by ikeyman00(m): 5:21pm On Mar 28, 2010
@@@@@@@@@@@

we arent interested on awards and such cuz as far as Nigeria is concern those are useless

this is a man with high level corruption alleged against him, for far too long he as a servent of the people hasnt said anything

now im aint a lawyer, but herein commonsense will tell that keeping closed lip lipsrsealed lipsrsealed i think is implicating as it is

[size=32pt]we are no fools!!![/size]
Re: Fashola Bags UN-Habitat Award In Brazil by Ikengawo: 5:41pm On Mar 28, 2010
no trust me, you're a fool
Re: Fashola Bags UN-Habitat Award In Brazil by babapupa: 2:27am On Mar 29, 2010
Congrats.

Eko o ni baje lai lai,
Re: Fashola Bags UN-Habitat Award In Brazil by DrKitaun(m): 2:57am On Mar 29, 2010
Ikengawo

fools like ikeyman would argue he went to bribe to get another award in Brazil. . .deluded misogynists!
Re: Fashola Bags UN-Habitat Award In Brazil by olaolabiy: 3:29am On Mar 29, 2010
where is forpeace-the political jobber/muppet?
Re: Fashola Bags UN-Habitat Award In Brazil by dlox01(m): 10:31am On Mar 29, 2010
ikeyman00:

@@@@@@@@@@@

we arent interested on awards and such cuz as far as Nigeria is concern those are useless

this is a man with high level corruption alleged against him, for far too long he as a servent of the people hasnt said anything

now im aint a lawyer, but herein commonsense will tell that keeping closed lip lipsrsealed lipsrsealed i think is implicating as it is

i cant remember any allegations of corruption leveled against governor fashola, all i know is that some faceless people commented on a newspaper called punch about reckless spending.
if we were to dwell on every comment made against the governor then i wonder what time we would have for other issues?!?!
he deserves the awards he is getting,well if he dosnt, then mention a governor that does!!!
[size=10pt][/size]
Re: Fashola Bags UN-Habitat Award In Brazil by forpeace: 11:37am On Mar 29, 2010
My pple are blind, only a fool would do a press release for every shit award he receives from every shit org worldwide. .must u brandish every cheap award in our face while I'm still stuck in traffic and zero welfare in place??u brandish awards to drive home falsehood and deceit. BRF's ways are not straight.
Re: Fashola Bags UN-Habitat Award In Brazil by ikeyman00(m): 5:27pm On Mar 29, 2010
Dr kit
Ikengawo

fools like ikeyman would argue he went to bribe to get another award in Brazil. . .deluded misogynists!

its very unfortunate u still languishing in your befuddlement

very worrying TIGER!!
Re: Fashola Bags UN-Habitat Award In Brazil by lukkie(m): 8:59pm On Mar 29, 2010
CONGRATULATIONS! He deserves it.
Re: Fashola Bags UN-Habitat Award In Brazil by Litmus: 10:11pm On Mar 29, 2010
If Fashola is as good as is often quoted on this board I bet whenever his name appears, some of the anti Nigeria people feel sick. Such as he and other good governors in Nigeria point the way to the future. People like him will make it difficult for excuses to be made elsewhere in Nigeria. If Fashiola can do it there is no excuse for failure and the indigenes of other poorly run states in Nigeria should use him as an icon.

Congrats to the man.
Re: Fashola Bags UN-Habitat Award In Brazil by dlox01(m): 12:23am On Mar 30, 2010
forpeace:

My pple are blind, only a fool would do a press release for every poo award he receives from every poo org worldwide. .must u brandish every cheap award in our face while I'm still stuck in traffic and zero welfare in place??u brandish awards to drive home falsehood and deceit. BRF's ways are not straight.

you don reach here again??forpeace?!?! chei, u dont learn do u??
y do u keep blaming everybody for everything, even your own mistakes??r u a lagosian?what welfare package??ur a crook!!!the traffic you r talking about, did it start when fashola took over lagos state?or has it been built over time?if you say over time, how long ago??and you xpect miracles now right??you just have to be one of dem dudes dat prostitute in every church dat has miracles as its moto.
use BRT, its an option,you dont have to go with you rikkety car adding to the population! or blow okada, lol. just kiddin sha but really whatz ur problem??
Re: Fashola Bags UN-Habitat Award In Brazil by DGIPLUS(m): 12:46pm On Mar 30, 2010
Let us not be tired of doing good, for in due season, we shall reap if we faint not - Galatians 6:9

To him/her that knows how to do good and he/she doesn't do it, it's a sin - James 4:17

I pray for more Divine Ability and Grace for Guv. Fashola.
Re: Fashola Bags UN-Habitat Award In Brazil by Ghredon(f): 12:51pm On Mar 30, 2010
fashola is still the best no dauth about that
Re: Fashola Bags UN-Habitat Award In Brazil by sley4life(m): 1:34pm On Mar 30, 2010
He deserves it
Re: Fashola Bags UN-Habitat Award In Brazil by Travelista(f): 1:36pm On Mar 30, 2010
forpeace:

My pple are blind, only a fool would do a press release for every poo award he receives from every poo org worldwide. .must u brandish every cheap award in our face while I'm still stuck in traffic and zero welfare in place??u brandish awards to drive home falsehood and deceit. BRF's ways are not straight.

The UN is now a "poo org"? You can't be serious. Fashola getting this award is a surefire way for Lagos State to get the right kind of attention: investor and potential tourist dollars. Let's see how the governor uses this opportunity.
Re: Fashola Bags UN-Habitat Award In Brazil by phacooh(m): 1:39pm On Mar 30, 2010
Award or no Award, is he affecting the lives of the masses? Do we have adequate shelter, accessible health insurance and can we afford to give our ward quality and uninterrupted education. that is what we should ask. Yes Lagos is cleaner and maybe the roads are better, but we still have a lot of artisans riding okadas. hmmmmm i rest ma case oooooooooooo
Re: Fashola Bags UN-Habitat Award In Brazil by naijacutee(f): 1:43pm On Mar 30, 2010
phacooh:

Award or no Award, is he affecting the lives of the masses? Do we have adequate shelter, accessible health insurance and can we afford to give our ward quality and uninterrupted education. that is what we should ask. Yes Lagos is cleaner and maybe the roads are better, but we still have a lot of artisans riding okadas. hmmmmm i rest ma case oooooooooooo

Exactly! Who in the history of Lagos has made such a marked impact in short a short time? You can never satisfy people.
Re: Fashola Bags UN-Habitat Award In Brazil by phacooh(m): 1:53pm On Mar 30, 2010
Exactly! Who in the history of Lagos has made such a marked impact in short a short time? You can never satisfy people.

what i think is that people are praising him too much thereby distracting him and i think we should watch him more. Hes doing hes work as a govnor, i know nijas have suffered b4 now but we shouldn't overreact when somebody is using our taxes to take care of the land. u might want to say, "he could have done like other govs, collect the tax and chop it. i still expect more investment into the lives of the citizens. smiley wink cool
Re: Fashola Bags UN-Habitat Award In Brazil by obidia(f): 1:59pm On Mar 30, 2010
Call me biased if you like cos am from Lagos State but me think the man has done alot in Lagos State and so should be recognised for all he has done.
Re: Fashola Bags UN-Habitat Award In Brazil by nateevs(m): 2:01pm On Mar 30, 2010
phacooh:

what i think is that people are praising him too much thereby distracting him and i think we should watch him more. Hes doing hes work as a govnor, i know nijas have suffered b4 now but we shouldn't overreact when somebody is using our taxes to take care of the land. u might want to say, "he could have done like other govs, collect the tax and chop it. i still expect more investment into the lives of the citizens.  smiley wink cool

Why don't then just give more time and watch.
You want quality and uninterrupted education for your wards, health insurance, adequate shelter all in just over 2 years of governance.
Oya point to me where in the world in history all these you desire have been achieved in just over 2 years bearing in mind the decadence over the years. . and I will reply you by saying "Yes He could have been like other governors."
Re: Fashola Bags UN-Habitat Award In Brazil by nateevs(m): 2:03pm On Mar 30, 2010
Who dares listen to a stu.pid fool that calls the UN a sh.it organisation?
If they can't decipher simple information, how can we believe that they understand all the so called allegations?
Re: Fashola Bags UN-Habitat Award In Brazil by Brisingr(m): 2:16pm On Mar 30, 2010
I hope he enjoys is shiny award at d expense of d homes he demolishes he forgets dat it d pepper sellers dat he chases up & down & not d upper class dat voted for him (dat is if they counted d vote sef)
Re: Fashola Bags UN-Habitat Award In Brazil by ziga: 2:32pm On Mar 30, 2010
phacooh:

what i think is that people are praising him too much thereby distracting him and i think we should watch him more. Hes doing hes work as a govnor, i know nijas have suffered b4 now but we shouldn't overreact when somebody is using our taxes to take care of the land. u might want to say, "he could have done like other govs, collect the tax and chop it. i still expect more investment into the lives of the citizens. smiley wink cool

I bet you were comparing Nigeria to 3rd world countries. But u should realize that normal things happen in normal places.

With the current state of Lagos, a state of emergency should be declared. And in those circumstances, we need methods that are harsher than normal.

Please don't blame the methods of Governor BRF, he is just trying to patch up what has been broken for many years.

And i say he's making good progress.
Re: Fashola Bags UN-Habitat Award In Brazil by nateevs(m): 3:27pm On Mar 30, 2010
Brisingr:

I hope he enjoys is shiny award at d expense of d homes he demolishes he forgets dat it d pepper sellers dat he chases up & down & not d upper class dat voted for him (dat is if they counted d vote sef)

With great development comes great sacrifice bro.
Re: Fashola Bags UN-Habitat Award In Brazil by otukpo(f): 3:33pm On Mar 30, 2010
Like Fashola or hate him, He is trying a million times more than most other state governors
Re: Fashola Bags UN-Habitat Award In Brazil by chelseabmw(m): 3:40pm On Mar 30, 2010
fashola carry go
Re: Fashola Bags UN-Habitat Award In Brazil by talkmarkay(m): 4:06pm On Mar 30, 2010
Congratulation to all the cabinet of Lagos state goverment
More is still expected from your goverment
I Love you all
Nigerian Love you all

Gov. Fashola Eku Ise o
Eko o ni baje
Keep your good work going

Congratulation !!!!!!!!!!
Re: Fashola Bags UN-Habitat Award In Brazil by babsmii(m): 4:16pm On Mar 30, 2010
ikeyman00:

@@@@@@@@@@@

we r not created to be perfect, even if he steals and works fine. at least he's delivering.
you can never get a perfect man in that office or can you point out one that suits your expectation since its an holy man you want there who will account for every penny he spends,
you can just sit, read papers and conclude. until this man is convicted and charged as due. he remains the best governor. we that appreciate good and true service can say it anywhere and i stand to be proven otherwise with genuine evidences.

if jimi Agbaje who was not in support now reckons with good service, i don't think he's guilty of any mis-appropriation for now.
get your facts and learn to appreciate the few good things you see.
Re: Fashola Bags UN-Habitat Award In Brazil by babsmii(m): 4:40pm On Mar 30, 2010
Brisingr:

so leaving the whole state filled with dirty structures and houses built on pipelines would make him a better governor,  wat would he stand to gain if he brings down houses and structures without a plan just like the copycats in oyo and ogun are doing. wake up bruv,  you have to take steps to make an impact and you can never satisfy everyone everytime. just do your best inline with your a good motive and clear conscience, i bet he has a good motive and we need more of him.
we are equally not happy about the demolishing cos we know the value of shelter over our heads but if he thinks it's a good step in achieving his goals. then let him continue,

Fashola,  we got your back jooooo!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian States Crippled By High Debt / Meet King Mansa Musa I Of Mali - The Richest Human Being In All History / News Breaking!! Another Oga On Top Emerge From Anambra State-video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.