Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,820 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:04 AM

How Do We Make Nigeria Become A Great Nation - Let's Brainstorm - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Do We Make Nigeria Become A Great Nation - Let's Brainstorm (1665 Views)

If You Were The President Of Nigeria, How Would You Make Nigeria Better? / 'We Will Make Nigeria Liveable Again' - Buhari Assures / Interesting Facts About Nigeria That Make It A Great Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do We Make Nigeria Become A Great Nation - Let's Brainstorm by Optional09: 4:48pm On Dec 02, 2017
mikejj:
how about we as a country going back to God.

Leave God alone and be logical for once
Re: How Do We Make Nigeria Become A Great Nation - Let's Brainstorm by PDJT: 4:54pm On Dec 02, 2017
-Just allow Biafrans to go, so you can continue your madness the white-man inflicted on you.

1 Like

Re: How Do We Make Nigeria Become A Great Nation - Let's Brainstorm by Duru1(m): 5:04pm On Dec 02, 2017
Disintegration!!!
Re: How Do We Make Nigeria Become A Great Nation - Let's Brainstorm by Sleemut09: 7:44pm On Dec 02, 2017
trillville:
Nigeria is already on the right track.

Most developed countries are run on taxes from their citizens. In the Eurozone, the average tax to gdp ratio was about 35 percent last year. What I mean is that if a country produces 100 billion dollars worth of goods and services in a year, the government of that country collects 35 billion dollars as taxes. Such money is used to provide shared services for businesses such as roads, electricity and security.

Nigeria had a gdp of about 400 billion dollars, yet had a tax to gdp ratio of about 6 percent as at last year. This implies the government only had about 24 billion dollars to provide services.

Taxation in nigeria has always been challenging. Most Nigerians rightly feel that since the government is not doing well managing their oil resources, why should they pay taxes. If nigeria sold about 1.8 million barrels of crude oil last year at an average price of 48 dollars, after profit sharing with the oil majors, nigeria earned about 50 billion dollars. Adding the two figures together gives nigeria an earning of about 74 billion.

If nigeria had a tax to gdp ratio of 30 percent, the government would have earned 120 billion dollars last year.

Now back to taxation. A major issue with taxation was that the government could not determine how much people are worth. The former CBN governor, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi revealed that 5 percent of nigeria's own 95 percent of money in the country. This means is that 10 million nigerians own about 380 billion dollars out of our GDP of 400 billion, whereas the remaining 180 million nigerians own a paltry 20 billion.

With the implementation of BVN, the government is able to tell who is worth what. Government's whistle blowing policy has made it harder for people to hide their money outside of the banking system.With VAIDS starting by mid next year, government will surely increase their taxation income.

Government still has work to do. The government must reform our prison system by building livable prisons. This will enable the judiciary to imprison tax defaulters without feeling that they are sending people to an early grave.

Finally, when people pay taxes, they demand more accountability from their government. After all, he who pays the piper dictates the tune.

In conclusion, vote Buhari for a second term to ensure the future of this great nation.

PS
Sorry for any typos.

@trillville, your idea inspired me, just as everyone has also contributed. The question that will bothers my heart is that what makes you not be be a right candidates for the PRESIDENT of Nigeria? Why should youths ever bow to be a slaves and servants to chant and become "town cry" after ATIKU, BUHARI and all other old leaders we have in the country. When will YOUTHS rise to hijack the leadership.

I don't have it in mind to contest for a political office, but I dreamt of youths that has better vision upstair to take control.

Alas! If you are determined to make impact in hijacking Nigeria leadership by YOUTH kindly place your number to join other teaming youths on WhatsApp that has vowed to pave for change by youth

1 Like

Re: How Do We Make Nigeria Become A Great Nation - Let's Brainstorm by tuscani: 7:58pm On Dec 02, 2017
Good write up bro. Keep it up
Re: How Do We Make Nigeria Become A Great Nation - Let's Brainstorm by pat1992: 8:24pm On Dec 02, 2017
If Nigeria is serious in making progress as a country it firstly needs to establish a strong moral foundation in the nation that all can follow. These values needs to be internalized and not just spoken on the lips by people, values must become the nature of those who promote them and talk about them. One of the methods that will be used to ensure this will be investing heavily in the educational sector combined with the teachings that are promoted in the homes. Secondly, the five and only goals of any political party that aims to assume power is: 1) Economic prosperity, 2) promotion of tribal integration, 3) A strong health sector-free hospitals and private hospitals, keeping the main cities such as Lagos and Abuja clean and tidy, setting up public toilets throughout the city and coercing restaurants, hospital, and hotels to maintain good hygiene standards, 4) Maintain Nigeria's natural landscapes and plant trees where desertification is posing a problem in the North and 5) A powerful educational system that will cultivate the genius of Nigerians and produce the intellectual excellence that Nigeria as a national community has been starved of.

These are the solutions to the country's problems, smaller but important factors can be handled better if these issues are addressed which subsequently will create a powerful cultural pride to be a Nigerian and will ensure the citizens are loyal to the nation which inevitably will carve out a great destiny for Nigeria which will positively impact Africa and blacks around the world.
Re: How Do We Make Nigeria Become A Great Nation - Let's Brainstorm by Nobody: 9:04pm On Dec 02, 2017
GodDeyCraze:
Nigeria is not a Nation
ipob
Re: How Do We Make Nigeria Become A Great Nation - Let's Brainstorm by Nobody: 9:09pm On Dec 02, 2017
GodDeyCraze:

Zombie
Oti gbepe
Re: How Do We Make Nigeria Become A Great Nation - Let's Brainstorm by gidgiddy: 9:30pm On Dec 02, 2017
You want to make Nigeria great? First determine who a Nigerian is.

First conduct a referendum to determine those who subscribe to this colonial identity called Nigeria.

Who indeed wants to be a Nigerian?

Certainly not me and most of my fellow Igbos.

Nigeria is a sham and a scam and I wish for the independence of my fellow Igbos and the minorities who are comfortable with Igbos as a separate state.

So as long as Nigeria decides to hold people against their will, there will be no path to greatness.

3 Likes

Re: How Do We Make Nigeria Become A Great Nation - Let's Brainstorm by NYRP: 8:15am On Dec 30, 2017
As we March on to 2018 with great anticipation and joy, let's all not forget how hard we struggled this 2017 just to live a normal life; from struggling to buy food at affordable price, to struggling to find job or startup a business to the latest one now which is struggling to buy petrol to fuel our motorcycles, cars, generators, etc, which made most of us postpone our usual travel to our respective villages to celebrate the Christmas or New Year.

These pains are living witnesses that the people we fought to vote into power are indeed failures! They have all failed us; from president to governors, to senators, to reps, to assembly members to ministers and what have you. They are all failures judging by their performance in past years.

It proves that our leadership and government as a nation is a total mess!

Nigeria is now one of the most difficult countries in the world where youths find it difficult to even get an average paying job to feed themselves.

Graduates have become worthless in Nigeria because if you graduate, you won't get job or anything to do. And the educational system is so destroyed that it only produces job seekers and not job creators.

If we continue like this, its just a matter of years and Nigeria will collapse finally and we all will be living like slaves and refugees in our own nation.

If you are a Nigerian living abroad, don't feel you have escaped the Nigerian problem because one day, someday, these European, American, Asian and Arab countries we are running to en mass to hide or take as second home can wake up one day and tell all Nigerians to leave their nation whether you have their citizenship or not, so you have just one country you can proudly call your home and that's Nigeria, so please come and join us let's make it a better place for our future generation.

Anybody that has traveled out of Nigeria to countries in Europe, America, Asia and even Middle East will agree that Nigeria is a mini hell fire and anybody who survives in Nigeria can survive even in hell fire!

To this effect, I challenge us all irrespective of our tribe, religion, location or class to please wake up and let's begin a new chapter for Nigeria through voicing out our pains and by ensuring the same old, recycled politicians do not lead us again come 2019. They have done their part, let them go and rest let the youths take charge of their future now!

Nigerian youths arise! Stop allowing these recycled old politicians to be using you and be dividing us using tribe and religion whereas amongst them they are one irrespective of their tribe or religion. Their children intermarry irrespective of tribe or religion but they sow so much hatred in our hearts to hate those who come from another tribe or religion just so they can continue to rule us and loot our future for their kids and unborn generation.

How can we achieve this

Stand with ANY (Arise Nigerian Youths) political pressure group now. Join our over growing Whatsapp groups....join our Telegram group...join our Facebook group and like our page.

Tell your friends about ANY, invite them to join us on Twitter by following us via @NYRP3 and on Instagram via https://www.instagram.com/arisenigerianyouths.

We will soon start massive campaign and youth mobilization on Nigerian TVs, Radio stations and also will be organising university campus walks nationwide.

Get ready!
ANY is coming to your door!

Wishing us all a prosperous New Year ahead!
Re: How Do We Make Nigeria Become A Great Nation - Let's Brainstorm by Warripikin08(m): 8:44am On Dec 30, 2017
I will say something later
Re: How Do We Make Nigeria Become A Great Nation - Let's Brainstorm by Warripikin08(m): 8:46am On Dec 30, 2017
gidgiddy:
You want to make Nigeria great? First determine who a Nigerian is.

First conduct a referendum to determine those who subscribe to this colonial identity called Nigeria.

Who indeed wants to be a Nigerian?

Certainly not me and most of my fellow Igbos.

Nigeria is a sham and a scam and I wish for the independence of my fellow Igbos and the minorities who are comfortable with Igbos as a separate state.

So as long as Nigeria decides to hold people against their will, there will be no path to greatness.
You are absolutely right my friend

1 Like

Re: How Do We Make Nigeria Become A Great Nation - Let's Brainstorm by EternalTruths: 9:01am On Dec 30, 2017
NYRP:
Each day I wake up, I feel bad seeing the situation of things in Nigeria.

Remember, Buhari is not the problem, the problem outdates Buhari and even Goodluck Jonathan.

The problem of failed leadership in Nigeria dates back as far back as 1960, we have never gotten it right from the day we had our independence.

Don't be deceived, Nigeria has never been a great country, Nigeria has always been a mediocre when it comes to leadership and national development. But we can change that status quo, but only the youths can achieve this through total determination.

Sometimes I just feel its a fundamental problem with the black Africa, but even if it is, we can make a difference through sincere determination to change things in Nigeria.

It is sad that in Nigeria, someone will labor to graduate from the university or polytechnic or college of education and at the end of it all, he or she cannot find any job to take care of himself or herself, it is shameful.

We need to do some things to change the Nigerian story.

Nigerians are hardworking individually, Nigerians are creative but bad leadership is the problem.

We abandon leadership for fools, we elect the wrong people to lead us either out of tribalism, religious sentiment or sheer stupidity.

In the preceding posts I will be making on this forum, I will be posting some workable ideas on how Nigerian economy can be revived to create jobs and encourage young entrepreneurs.

Please come in and share your ideas on how you think Nigeria can be made a better nation.

We need workable ideas.....we don't want problem identification only, but we need you to also table your own solution ideas, thanks as you contribute.

1) Restructure Nigeria to the satisfaction of everyone and if any is still not happy, let them have a Referendum and go

2) Change Nigerian education system from Classroom base to Research & Development base by

*) Making it compulsory for all departments/faculties making up the Nigerian universities to have a Research and Development project to work on every year.

*) Insist that the Students must be part and parcel of it

*) Make sure that each department/faculty is attached to at least 5 companies to help finance their Research & Development

*) Insist that the government & students must also contribute financially to the Research & Development

*) Set up an Investment platform that will help industrialize, Commercialize and globalize every successful Research & Development technological product.

*) This investment platform will be open to all Nigerians and foreigners with a minimum investment of #500 per person for each technology.

When you get Nigerians out of poverty through indigenous industrialization, things like corruption, disease, food scarcity, infrastructure deficiency, crime, etc will decline as people begin to respect themselves because of the bright future they see ahead.

Forget what trillville said about Tax and Nigeria being on track.

Without Unity and Research & Development based Education, Nigeria will never rise out of poverty even if everyone is not corrupt and pay their taxes.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do We Make Nigeria Become A Great Nation - Let's Brainstorm by gratiaeo(m): 9:04am On Dec 30, 2017
And some youth are campaigning for buhari talk about suffering and smiling ☺
Re: How Do We Make Nigeria Become A Great Nation - Let's Brainstorm by ConsensusGroup: 9:51am On Dec 30, 2017
NYRP:

Remember, Buhari is not the problem, the problem outdates Buhari and even Goodluck Jonathan.

The problem of failed leadership in Nigeria dates back as far back as 1960, we have never gotten it right from the day we had our independence.

Don't be deceived, Nigeria has never been a great country, Nigeria has always been a mediocre when it comes to leadership and national development. But we can change that status quo, but only the youths can achieve this through total determination.

Sometimes I just feel its a fundamental problem with the black Africa, but even if it is, we can make a difference through sincere determination to change things in Nigeria.

It is sad that in Nigeria, someone will labor to graduate from the university or polytechnic or college of education and at the end of it all, he or she cannot find any job to take care of himself or herself, it is shameful.

Nigerians are hardworking individually, Nigerians are creative but bad leadership is the problem.

We abandon leadership for fools, we elect the wrong people to lead us either out of tribalism, religious sentiment or sheer stupidity.

In the preceding posts I will be making on this forum, I will be posting some workable ideas on how Nigerian economy can be revived to create jobs and encourage young entrepreneurs.

Please come in and share your ideas on how you think Nigeria can be made a better nation.

We need workable ideas.....we don't want problem identification only, but we need you to also table your own solution ideas, thanks as you contribute.

Truth be told, the solutions to the problems Nigeria faces are not popular but necessary. Furthermore, at the moment, many Nigerians are not conversant with political tools and instruments.

Firstly, we must return to the 1963 constitution. The military circumvented Nigeria's developmental path by usurping power from our elected representatives.

No one is saying the 1963 constitution was perfect, but it would have been significantly improved upon by now.

Secondly, our youth and young people have to present a unified front. That is the essence of The Consensus Group -- open to all but with emphasis on the youth.

Young people have to get involved and stop holding the country back. We keep complaining about things but we are doing nothing about them when we definitely can and should.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do We Make Nigeria Become A Great Nation - Let's Brainstorm by UncleJudax(m): 10:25am On Dec 30, 2017
Swagahyk:
The youths!

•Let's use the media constructively
•Let's reset our mindsets.
•Let's criticize every form of Corruption irrespective of the ethnicity.
•Let's take part in active politics not online politics.
•Lets stop ranting behind our phones and face reality.

[Nairaland has contributed alot to ethnic division and tribal hate within the past few months, I wonder what the modes are doing about it or are they benefiting from it??]

Thats how Nigeria deteroriated. People in power allowed the decay (Nigeria Airways, railway, Economy, etc) to continue and now we are Here.

Nairaland Claims to be against the division of the Country, but allows ethnic and religious bigotry to thrive.

To be honest, Nigeria May never Work...and Nairaland is a microcosm of how the Country is operated...so much hypocrisy!

1 Like

Re: How Do We Make Nigeria Become A Great Nation - Let's Brainstorm by ConsensusGroup: 10:51am On Dec 30, 2017
UncleJudax:

Thats how Nigeria deteroriated. People in power allowed the decay (Nigeria Airways, railway, Economy, etc) to continue and now we are Here.

Nairaland Claims to be against the division of the Country, but allows ethnic and religious bigotry to thrive.

To be honest, Nigeria May never Work...and Nairaland is a microcosm of how the Country is operated...so much hypocrisy!

Why are you still complaining? You only have a right to complain if like The Consensus Group you are making a genuine effort but not getting adequate support.

Join a local or national group and be the change you want to see in the Nigeria.

Otherwise, you need to stop complaining.
Re: How Do We Make Nigeria Become A Great Nation - Let's Brainstorm by hammerF6: 11:01am On Dec 30, 2017
[s]
NYRP:

[/s]

NIGERIA SHOULD DIE.
Re: How Do We Make Nigeria Become A Great Nation - Let's Brainstorm by UncleJudax(m): 1:04pm On Dec 30, 2017
ConsensusGroup:

Why are you still complaining? You only have a right to complain if like The Consensus Group you are making a genuine effort but not getting adequate support.

Join a local or national group and be the change you want to see in the Nigeria.

Otherwise, you need to stop complaining.
I am Not complaining. Sure i would Like to See a stable and flourishing Nigeria before i exit...but whether or Not that Happens..has little to no bearing on my future.

I was actually pointing Out the similarities between the Country and Nairaland.
Re: How Do We Make Nigeria Become A Great Nation - Let's Brainstorm by david290(m): 2:52pm On Dec 30, 2017
It's simple: let's reverse engineer the situation. This can be pretty difficult but I believe it's achievable.
The one opportunity that I see the youth riding on to leadership is the lack of trust the citizens have continuously expressed against the leadership of this country. And from what you saw happened in 2015, I can almost bet my left ball that Nigerians will vote anybody they have trust in, regardless of his party.
We first need to make the leadership style of these current old cargoes unfashionable. They make promises, we, on the other hand, should show results.
Let's start by using proven tactics like crowd funding to provide jobs for our youths.
If that will not work quite as quickly, with my little internet skills and business knowledge in conjunction with those of other smart Nigerian youths, we can scout and support our youths with great ideas and ventures by helping them to launch and thrive, after which we'll make them pledge their loyalty to make at least a 20% slot for Nigerian youths.
All this will add when we present a candidate who will be fielded on the platform we'll be creating - this will give us control over the leadership style of our candidate, and will as well reduce the financial obligations like the purchase of candidature forms and campaign costs.
Long and short of my epistle:
> We need our best brains
> We need to be actively involved in leadership roles
> The youth need to unite for a common cause
> Let's use this unity to build credibility and a platform, which, in turn, will be used to win the hearts of electorates during elections
Please search and join the group Fellow Nigerians on Facebook if you're interested in this v 2.0 project.
Re: How Do We Make Nigeria Become A Great Nation - Let's Brainstorm by Sleemut09: 8:30am On Aug 19, 2019
david290:
It's simple: let's reverse engineer the situation. This can be pretty difficult but I believe it's achievable.
The one opportunity that I see the youth riding on to leadership is the lack of trust the citizens have continuously expressed against the leadership of this country. And from what you saw happened in 2015, I can almost bet my left ball that Nigerians will vote anybody they have trust in, regardless of his party.
We first need to make the leadership style of these current old cargoes unfashionable. They make promises, we, on the other hand, should show results.
Let's start by using proven tactics like crowd funding to provide jobs for our youths.
If that will not work quite as quickly, with my little internet skills and business knowledge in conjunction with those of other smart Nigerian youths, we can scout and support our youths with great ideas and ventures by helping them to launch and thrive, after which we'll make them pledge their loyalty to make at least a 20% slot for Nigerian youths.
All this will add when we present a candidate who will be fielded on the platform we'll be creating - this will give us control over the leadership style of our candidate, and will as well reduce the financial obligations like the purchase of candidature forms and campaign costs.
Long and short of my epistle:
> We need our best brains
> We need to be actively involved in leadership roles
> The youth need to unite for a common cause
> Let's use this unity to build credibility and a platform, which, in turn, will be used to win the hearts of electorates during elections
Please search and join the group Fellow Nigerians on Facebook if you're interested in this v 2.0 project.

Good

(1) (2) (Reply)

Order Of Polls: Jonathan Backs National Assembly, Labels APC A Failure / Lere Olayinka Claims That Buhari Was Chased Out Of London / The Man That Called For The Annulment Of June 12, 1993 Presidential Election.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.