Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,325 members, 7,836,391 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:57 AM

Arsenal V Birmingham Player Rating - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal V Birmingham Player Rating (540 Views)

Arsenal V Dortmund: UCL (1 - 2) On 22nd October 2013 / Arsenal V Napoli - UCL (2 - 0) On 1st October 2013 / FA Cup: Birmingham Vs Chelsea (0 - 2) On March 6th 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Arsenal V Birmingham Player Rating by hakeem02: 5:47pm On Mar 28, 2010
Player Ratings

Almunia: 4 – He had a very, very solid first half. But starting the second one, it was as if his Mr. Hyde came out. Poor in dealing with high balls, awful clearances and the final-minute mistake.

Campbell: 6 – Some nice, strong defending cannot hide that he’s too slow. The way Jerome got past him in the first half was terrible to see, let’s just hope to see Alex and Thomas team up on Wednesday.

Song: 7,5 – Much better than his partner at the back. Very little wrong, he definitely has to start as centre back against Barcelona.

Clichy: 6 – Struggled throughout though the yellow was very harsh considering there was very or no contact at all. I was also disappointed with his crosses, too high and slow to make any damage.

Sagna: 7 – Like Clichy, his crosses have been very poor but contrary to his compatriot, he had a very solid game at the back.

Denilson: 5 – Back to square one I’m afraid. I’m not sure what today’s justification will be from those who thought he became a star after two very good games. Maybe that Alex Song was not there to help him?

Diaby: 9 – Simply, simply, phenomenal. He fully deserved to score and strictly speaking I saw nothing wrong when he found the net. The way he twists and turn while using his body is a delight to see.

Rosicky: 7 – I was disappointed to see him replaced and I can’t say the final whistle made me feel any better. Compared to Arshavin, Tomas was much, much better.

Fabregas: 6 – Hopefully the injury is just a knock and nothing serious, though I doubt he would have started the second half if it was. Pretty anonymous game overall, though his beautifully crafted pass for Nasri deserved a better finish from the Frenchman.

Walcott: 5 – Used his pace well when called into action, but very, very little from Theo, who should have done better with that first half chance.

Bendtner: 6,5 – If you look at Nick as a pure striker, you’ll never appreciate his games. If however you understand that his job is to hold the ball, win aerial battles and help the midfield in coming up, than that’s what he did today and I liked it.

(Subs)
Nasri: 7 – Only he knows why he didn’t shoot to make it 0-2 and close the game, but you can’t deny he had an immediate impact on the game and would be foolish to blame him for not winning this one.

Arshavin: 5 – Not sure why it was as if he was walking on ice whenever on the ball but in the meantime he missed a glorious chance which contrary to Samir cannot be cancelled out by the rest as he was poor throughout.

Read More @ http://www.goonernews.net

(1) (Reply)

La Liga To Go On Strike / Arsenal Merida / Diego Milito Is The Uefa Club Footballer Of The Year!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.