Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,984 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:43 AM

My Honda 2003 Crv Jumps From Gear 3 To 4 I Need Help - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Honda 2003 Crv Jumps From Gear 3 To 4 I Need Help (1214 Views)

Transmission Stuck In 3rd Gear & Won't Go Beyond Or Below Gear 3 When Put To D / D Light Blinking Honda 2003/2004 / Jubilation As Cars Drive To 4 Riverine Communities In Bayelsa For The First Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Honda 2003 Crv Jumps From Gear 3 To 4 I Need Help by tempolistic: 10:43am On Dec 02, 2017
PLEASE HELP ME ON MY 2003 HONDA CRV IS JUMPING INTO GEAR 4. Please I need some to please help me out my honda crv 2003 ,,model select perfectly from 1_3 but when is about to change to 4 the sound of the engine wil go high and it will jump into it with force you will feel it seriously but once is on it no other problem it run smoothly to anywhere an journey at all . I bought the car like that for over a yr now then it was not as serious as this, I have service it severely with dexron 2 yet still the same please I need help am begging I love the car so much .
(Modify) (Quote)
Re: My Honda 2003 Crv Jumps From Gear 3 To 4 I Need Help by mayor2013: 1:51pm On Dec 02, 2017
tempolistic:
PLEASE HELP ME ON MY 2003 HONDA CRV IS JUMPING INTO GEAR 4. Please I need some to please help me out my honda crv 2003 ,,model select perfectly from 1_3 but when is about to change to 4 the sound of the engine wil go high and it will jump into it with force you will feel it seriously but once is on it no other problem it run smoothly to anywhere an journey at all . I bought the car like that for over a yr now then it was not as serious as this, I have service it severely with dexron 2 yet still the same please I need help am begging I love the car so much .
(Modify) (Quote)

You have been servicing it with palm oil. Use dw1 Honda transmission fluid. Run a scan first before commencement of any work and post fault error here. I just hope it's hasn't started slipping out
Re: My Honda 2003 Crv Jumps From Gear 3 To 4 I Need Help by HenryWilliams(m): 2:36pm On Dec 02, 2017
mayor2013:

You have been servicing it with palm oil. Use dw1 Honda transmission fluid. Run a scan first before commencement of any work and post fault error here. I just hope it's hasn't started slipping out

Hmm. Mayor2013. It's been a while.. Guess you don't remember me.? Sold me a Creader V OBD II sometime in 2013 at GTB Costain. Still using it... Can you recommend a handheld scanner that can read and clear ABS, transmission codes etc?
Re: My Honda 2003 Crv Jumps From Gear 3 To 4 I Need Help by hayjayman(m): 4:36pm On Dec 02, 2017
Hello mayor2013... Boss, please what do I do if I read p0733 on my transmission, transmission changes from 2-4, struggles on 3 for a second, then change to 4. Nothing else car is Mazda 626 lxv6 2001
Re: My Honda 2003 Crv Jumps From Gear 3 To 4 I Need Help by tempolistic: 9:59pm On Dec 02, 2017
Thanks mayor I will run a check on it and let you know the outcome
mayor2013:

Re: My Honda 2003 Crv Jumps From Gear 3 To 4 I Need Help by mayor2013: 11:08pm On Dec 02, 2017
HenryWilliams:

Hmm. Mayor2013. It's been a while.. Guess you don't remember me.? Sold me a Creader V OBD II sometime in 2013 at GTB Costain. Still using it... Can you recommend a handheld scanner that can read and clear ABS, transmission codes etc?

Oh yes I remember you. Good to have you on this platform. You can buy launch c reader viii. My what's app number is 08156087872
Re: My Honda 2003 Crv Jumps From Gear 3 To 4 I Need Help by mayor2013: 11:11pm On Dec 02, 2017
hayjayman:
Hello mayor2013... Boss, please what do I do if I read p0733 on my transmission, transmission changes from 2-4, struggles on 3 for a second, then change to 4. Nothing else car is Mazda 626 lxv6 2001

Check transmission fluid. Check shift solenoid, check strainer. You would need a professional to handle this
Re: My Honda 2003 Crv Jumps From Gear 3 To 4 I Need Help by tempolistic: 8:00am On Jun 12, 2018
Thanks you guys for your contribution I fund out the gear was actually not for the model of my car. My car is America spec and the gear Japan that why that issue of jumping occurs. But now I have fix american gear on it and everything is perfectly OK. How do you know american gear is it has a rivented plate with serial number on it rivented to the gear box under the battery location

(1) (Reply)

MOTORWAYS : The Best And Complete Auto Repairs, Maintenance & Services Workshop / Video: See The Car That Can Run 100years Without Refuelling. / I Need Convertible Car Seats Like This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.