Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,987 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:46 PM

Obasanjo Shocks Nigerians, Says ‘I Did Not Tear My PDP Membership Card’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Shocks Nigerians, Says ‘I Did Not Tear My PDP Membership Card’ (622 Views)

Edo 2020: Obaseki Picks PDP Membership Card Today / Kwankwaso Supporters Burn Their PDP Membership Cards Because Of Atiku (Photos) / Fayose: I Went To Court With Perfume To Burn My PDP Cards & Flags If Sheriff Won (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Obasanjo Shocks Nigerians, Says ‘I Did Not Tear My PDP Membership Card’ by temitemi1(m): 2:04pm On Dec 02, 2017
News emerged on the alleged tearing of the Peoples’ Democratic Party membership card by former President Olusegun Obasanjo.

Our source who spoke recently to the aide of the former President of Nigeria in Abuja, Nigeria said Chief Olusegun Obasanjo did not openly tear his PDP membership card as widely reported by the Nigerian press.

Recall sometime in 2015, the ex-president while speaking at the Global Education and Skills Forum, (GESF) in Dubai, the United Arab Emirate, said he did not tear his PDP membership card adding that he is not aware, maybe somebody else did it if the story that made the rounds then was anything to go by.

According to the former President, ” “I didn’t openly tear my PDP membership card; somebody else tore it because I said to him, ‘Here is the card, do whatever you like with it. “If you like keep it; if you like tear it, if you like burn it. Here it is because they say it is giving them concern and they don’t know what is happening.

”I did that to prove to them what is happening; I could not have torn the party’s membership card.”

This is in wake of the alleged threats made by Nigeria’s literary giant , Prof Wole’s Soyinka to tear his American Green Card if Donald Trump wins the US presidential election.

Obasanjo’s aide faulted the threat adding that it amounts to a criminal offence which is not only actionable but also punishable that is capable of earning Soyinka a custodial sentence if the threat is by any act of omission or commission carried out.

Speaking further, our source produced a photograph of the former president where he publicly displayed his PDP membership card saying that Obasanjo though no longer an active member of the former ruling party did not tear the party’s property knowing full well what it would amount to

On the contrary, pictorial evidence in the photograph below shows where what looks like the card in contention was actually torn. What is being called in question here, however, is if the damaged property belongs to the former President.

Read more at: https://dailytimes.ng/opinion/obasanjo-shocks-nigerians-says-i-not-tear-pdp-membership-card/

Re: Obasanjo Shocks Nigerians, Says ‘I Did Not Tear My PDP Membership Card’ by naijaking1: 2:06pm On Dec 02, 2017
PDP needs to find a way to move forward without OBJ, his time is gone, and he can't remain an obstacle any longer. Let him enjoy his partnership with Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Shocks Nigerians, Says ‘I Did Not Tear My PDP Membership Card’ by Hashimyussufamao(m): 2:10pm On Dec 02, 2017
Baba were lobasanjo olohun ngbo, 0basanjo is a mad father God is hearing grin grin
Re: Obasanjo Shocks Nigerians, Says ‘I Did Not Tear My PDP Membership Card’ by IsokoPrince: 2:11pm On Dec 02, 2017
Why dey kip making D's old man important beats my imagination

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Shocks Nigerians, Says ‘I Did Not Tear My PDP Membership Card’ by lalasticlala(m): 2:17pm On Dec 02, 2017

(1)

Secret Recording Spy Pen / We Have No Alternative To Buhari At This Time — Gov Ortom / Buharis Achievements, Check In

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.