Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,963 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:21 PM

- Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / (1417 Views)

Why Are Fathers Overprotective Of Their daughters? / Why Do Parents Pressure Their Daughters To Marry? / Why do Fathers Love their Daughters More & Mothers their Sons? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

by Nobody: 8:01pm On Mar 28, 2010
Re: by dominique(f): 8:33pm On Mar 28, 2010
i know of a woman that encouraged her daughter to pack out of her husband's house cos he's not wealthy like before (could have been more than that, but that's what we heard undecided). she and her kids moved in with her mum. long story short, the woman now disrespects her mother; blames her for ruining her marriage, her kids are also beginning to grow older and they also disrespect their grandma. most annoying thing is she keeps crying out to anyone who cares to listen how horrible her daughter and grand kids are acting towards her.
i believe the woman literally "packed" her daughter's load out of the house and she getting exactly what she deserves.
Re: by mamagee3(f): 8:56pm On Mar 28, 2010
This is ridiculous,
Please can someone tell that your friend's aunty to wake up into a new year and decade, this is 2010,
we are no longer in the 1920s,
Your friend should go back to her husband's house and make peace with him
and she should also try to avoid her aunt in her marriage business,
that would make her stay away from her home.
Re: by queeneve: 9:49am On Mar 29, 2010
If her husband indeed cheating on her, she need to make sure that the man is wearing protection it too many diseases out there, YOUR LIFE IS MORE IMPORTANT POSTER, IF HE IS CHEATING MAKE SURE HE CARRIES RUBBER, you can't stop him from cheating, but you can stop you from getting diseases,

Your aunty have no business in your marriage, for some reason she feel that she can tell you how to run your marriage because you invites her in it, what you need to do is keep your marriage private and keep people out of your business, the list of reasons why marriage fails is because you have too many people sitting in the marriage, it between two people not two people plus fifty,

Are you afraid of your aunty? Tell her to back off and mind her business!

Communicate to your husband and let him know how you feel,
Re: by bawomolo(m): 4:18pm On Mar 29, 2010
mama-gee:

This is ridiculous,
Please can someone tell that your friend's aunty to wake up into a new year and decade, this is 2010,
we are no longer in the 1920s,
Your friend should go back to her husband's house and make peace with him
and she should also try to avoid her aunt in her marriage business,
that would make her stay away from her home.

I believe its the husband that needs to make peace with his wife but go ahead, you naija women are gluttons for punishment.

I do agree the aunt has no business interfering with the marriage.
chaircover - you have been making threads on infidelity recently, hope nothing?
Re: by Nobody: 4:33pm On Mar 29, 2010
Re: by bawomolo(m): 4:47pm On Mar 29, 2010
chaircover:

@Bawomolo na you sabi  grin cheesy grin

The 2 threads are linked.

I have run out of advise so i decided to come to ask my learned friends on NL

All is well in our household & thank you for your concern  kiss

p.s its not the aunt, its the mother who packed the things

ha interesting, did she go running to her mama for help? so this is the same serial cheat we are talking about.
if so, its about time for her to vamoose.
Re: by dominique(f): 5:03pm On Mar 29, 2010
you guys should read the post properly. it's the friend's aunt that moved her daughter's (is her cousin) things out of the husband's house
Re: by Nobody: 8:15pm On Mar 29, 2010
i keep reading threads on men who cheat and i just wonder . . .

- what time do these men have to cheat?
- What is it they arent getting at home that they need to find outside?
- How do they cope with the added stress of such a dishonest lifestyle?

I guess i'm just too lazy to cope with 2 women at once . . . especially if i have to lie to the other at home.
Re: by Nobody: 8:18pm On Mar 29, 2010
Re: by Sissy3(f): 8:34pm On Mar 29, 2010
Do mothers have any business packing their daughters "load" out their husbands home for whatever reason and if so what are genuine reasons?

IMHO, yes in domestic violence cases
Re: by axeman85(m): 10:02pm On Mar 29, 2010
the woman better go and make peace with her husband ooo, otherwise she is digging a thread for hatred becos the children when they grown up will hate her and grandmother for what they did by not allowing them grow up with a father.

the husband also needs to apologise to his wife and zip up his trousers and stop dumping refuse at anthing wearing skirts he sees.

its very wrong, for a mother to go and pack her daughters belongings out of the house for whatever reason. thats why they say dont bring a 3rd party into your marital issues or problems.
Re: by dominique(f): 11:27pm On Mar 29, 2010
axeman85:

the woman better go and make peace with her husband ooo, otherwise she is digging a thread for hatred becos the children when they grown up will hate her and grandmother for what they did by not allowing them grow up with a father.

the husband also needs to apologise to his wife and zip up his trousers and stop dumping refuse at anthing wearing skirts he sees.

its very wrong, for a mother to go and pack her daughters belongings out of the house for whatever reason. thats why they say dont bring a 3rd party into your marital issues or problems.

totally agree with the emboldened
Re: by bawomolo(m): 5:02am On Mar 30, 2010
it's hilarious how the man is given a pass for his actions while a mother is blamed for getting their child out of an horrible situation.
Re: by Nobody: 9:41am On Mar 30, 2010
bawomolo:

it's hilarious how the man is given a pass for his actions while a mother is blamed for getting their child out of an horrible situation.

I don't think the man is given a pass here. But when two people get married, both families should step back and let them live their live. If the woman in question wants to keep living with a man who cheats on her, that's her business, not her mothers. A woman should be matured enough to take responsibility for her action and take care of her family. For the mother to make that her business of absolutely wrong.

chaircover:

My friends aunty packed her daughters "load" out of her husbands house because the guy is cheating on her daughter. (He has been doing this over a long period of time)

My friend wasn't happy with her aunty for doing so but her aunty doesn't see any wrong in her actions, saying that she is protecting her daughters interest

Of course I don't have both sides of the story but it got me thinking . . . . . .

Do mothers have any business packing their daughters "load" out their husbands home for whatever reason and if so what are genuine reasons?
Sorry the topic grammer is naff but cant think of any other way of putting it embarassed

The answer to your question is NO. If the lady in question wants to pack out, she should do it on her own, he mother should not make her do it!
Re: by Badriyyah(f): 9:49am On Mar 30, 2010
LMAO, This is funny, but NO the mother has no right to take her daughter out of her husbands house, UNLESS it's harming the child. Sorry, if she is harming herself because of his cheating or he is beating her, i'd rather have an alive divorced child than a dead married one. And NO mother can DRAG her daughter out of her husbands house, ever consider that the daughter was fed up and wanted to leave
Re: by Nobody: 9:50am On Mar 30, 2010
davidylan:

i keep reading threads on men who cheat and i just wonder . . .

- what time do these men have to cheat?
- What is it they arent getting at home that they need to find outside?
- How do they cope with the added stress of such a dishonest lifestyle?

I guess i'm just too lazy to cope with 2 women at once . . . especially if i have to lie to the other at home.

Wait till you marry the wrong person, then you'll know easy it is to cheat!

But of course for some men that is not the case, they are just dogs and they have to do their thing!  undecided
Re: by ayettymama(f): 10:10pm On Mar 30, 2010
You have to be a mother to understand

a mother has all 'right' to protect her child

i respect her alot

most mothers will tell thier children to stay in hell

to avoid the shame of 'leaving your husbands house'!!
Re: by raintree: 6:11am On Mar 31, 2010
@ ayettymama
I agree with you.
I still don't get it, all these Naija women who shouted again that mama for pulling out her daughter from her serial cheating son-in-law, these are the women who talk big here but suffer in silence for the sake of being called "Mrs".
Like Bawomolo aptly said, they are indeed and by choice chose to be Gluttons For Punishment! Na wa o,
Re: by Outstrip(f): 7:04pm On Apr 01, 2010
LOL. I have to say that I find the word "husband's house" very offensive. It is that mentality that gives the men a sense of entitlement. if anybody should have left the house the man should have. I don't see how it helps her daughter in anyway. To me it says her daughter is temporary there but the man is permanent
Re: by Nobody: 7:34pm On Apr 01, 2010
Re: by Amjustme: 10:03pm On Apr 01, 2010
From the biblical point of view she did wrong! its a sin against GOD.
Re: by bawomolo(m): 11:16pm On Apr 01, 2010
Am just me:

From the biblical point of view she did wrong! its a sin against GOD.

lol, i guess marriage na by force now.

raintree:

I still don't get it, all these Naija women who shouted again that mama for pulling out her daughter from her serial cheating son-in-law, these are the women who talk big here but suffer in silence for the sake of being called "Mrs".

word, status is obviously a big deal in naija, everyone wants to be chief/mrs/deacon something.

(1) (Reply)

Good,well-mannered Women Make Home While Bad Ones Destroy It. / Divorce Alert! Pray Together And Stay Together. / Four Mistakes Ladies Make,please Tell Your Sisters About Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.