Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,327 members, 7,954,319 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:37 PM

Which Is Harder To Get Into As An Int'l Student, Stanford Or Harvard? Why? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Which Is Harder To Get Into As An Int'l Student, Stanford Or Harvard? Why? (676 Views)

Int'l Student Question. / Is This OAU Or Harvard University? See Stunning Pictures From OAU / Ayo Dada, Olamide Oladeji: Stanford University's 2019 Knight-Hennessy Scholars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Which Is Harder To Get Into As An Int'l Student, Stanford Or Harvard? Why? by Nobody: 9:15pm On Dec 02, 2017
It is hard for any student to get into both Harvard or Stanford. It doesn't matter if you are international or not.
Just by looking at sheer numbers, (Class of 2017) Harvard had 185 international students while Stanford had about 135 international students. Looks like Harvard is easier but if you look at yield and admission figures, it pretty much balances out.
However, for Financial Aid, Stanford is need blind for US students and need-aware for international students. Harvard, however is need-blind for both types of students. Thus, if you just consider financial aid, it is probably easier for you to get into Stanford as they know you will pay your own tuition and not eat into their funds.
That said, if you are good enough to get into Stanford, you will probably also be good enough to be admitted to Harvard and it would really boil down to luck, as to which school finds you to be a better match.
Note: I couldn't find the admit rate for solely the internationals. If anyone can, please comment on this answer.
Re: Which Is Harder To Get Into As An Int'l Student, Stanford Or Harvard? Why? by GloriaNinja(f): 9:34pm On Dec 02, 2017
simply... HARVARD

(1) (Reply)

Unn Pg Admission Notification For 2017-18 / Help Me Out Nairalanders(i Scored 218) / Please Can I Get Admitted To Study Medlab In Imsu With A Jamb Score Of 228

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.