Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:04 AM

Open Letter To Matthew Ashimolowo: " God Has Used Daddy Freeze To Enlighten Pent - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Open Letter To Matthew Ashimolowo: " God Has Used Daddy Freeze To Enlighten Pent (761 Views)

How Reno Omokri Convinced Daddy Freeze To Apologise To Bishop Oyedepo / Coronavirus And 5G: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Addresses Conspiracy Theory (Video / Daddy Freeze To Pastor Adeboye: "Pope Drinks Beer And Doesn't Pay Tithe" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Open Letter To Matthew Ashimolowo: " God Has Used Daddy Freeze To Enlighten Pent by yemfemNg(f): 5:03am On Dec 03, 2017
Matthew Ashimolowo, a Nigerian clergyman and the Senior Pastor of Kingsway International Christian centre has been sent an open letter by a Facebook User identified as Lolu Akinwunmi LA. In his letter, he emphasizes that Daddy Freeze's opinion on 'Tithes' should be critically looked into by Church Leaders.

According to him; "IT'S NOT ABOUT TITHES. ITS ABOUT LEADERSHIP, RESPONSIBILITY AND ACCOUNTABILITY". Following the comments on his post, it appeared that his Letter satisfies Nigerians

THE BATTLE VS. THE WAR

PASTOR ASHIMOLOWO, ITS NOT ABOUT TITHES. ITS ABOUT LEADERSHIP, RESPONSIBILITY AND ACCOUNTABILITY

Dear Pastor Matthew,

Greetings. I am not sure if you will remember. Many years ago you accompanied my dear friend and brother Bishop Abraham Olaleye to my then Ilupeju office adjacent his home. A few times we have also been on the same Virgin flights either going to London or Lagos and once we sat next to each other.
I have just viewed your message at TREM where you spoke on Daddy Freeze and indeed the title of your message was on Tithing. In my opinion, Daddy Freeze will appear to have finally been shouted down from many eminent pulpits, but the issue he raised has raised the real issues, i.e.
*Financial Accountability in the church
*Judicious use of church resources
*Modest living by the clergy
*What the Bible truly says about tithing and a few doctrinal issues etc.

He has been called names but oddly none has used the Bible to repudiate what he said.
My advice to senior evangelical leadership like yourself is very simple. AFTER ALL THE NOISE FROM BOTH SIDES OF THE DEBATE, THE NAME CALLING, STOUT DEFENCE, SPINS, BRAVADO etc., PLEASE GO BACK INTO YOUR CONCLAVES AND HONESTLY CONSIDER THE MAIN ISSUE DADDY FREEZE RAISED AND THE OTHER ISSUES THAT FLOWED FROM IT AS MANY PEOPLE JOINED THE CONVERSATION.

Pastor, no doubt Freeze is a very boisterous young man, appears to have little respect for traditions and protocols etc., BUT HE RAISED KEY ISSUES AND SUPPORTED THEM WITH SCRIPTURES. AND NO ONE, I REPEAT, NO ONE COULD CONVINCINGLY CONTRADICT HIM FROM THE SAME BIBLE.
IN MY OPINION GOD HAS USED DADDY FREEZE TO GIVE PENTECOSTAL LEADERS AN OPPORTUNITY TO REVIEW MANY THINGS AND SET CORRECTIONS IN PLACE. THEY SHOULD NOT ALLOW THE OPPORTUNITY TO BE COVERED WITH THEIR HASTE TO SHOW THAT THEY ARE RIGHT AND HE, WRONG.
Something profound has been set in motion and the Pentecostal movement cannot be the same again. For the first time the leadership has been successfully challenged in a major doctrinal position. And either we like to admit or not Daddy Freeze literally received a standing ovation.

Pastor, in my opinion, Daddy Freeze is a passionate believer. It is so obvious. He means well too. Now, his style and communication may be different and even irreverent, but he has been supported by many older, eminent men of the collar like Pastor ADELAJA. We should pay some attention to him and simply not harass him off. And we should not personalize the debate. It’s not about Freeze.

He should be taken seriously. We should concentrate on what he said and what he set in motion and not the fact that he beats his wife and other trite, mundane issues. Many church Ministers do worse: one of them even said on YouTube that masturbation is not wrong! A few have had issues at home, divorced, remarried etc. So!
And a Minister like you and father in the faith should not have gone to TREM to openly and maliciously talk about Freeze's domestic challenges with his wife and son. It was wrong and Unchristian and uncharitable. Even if you hate him so much, you shouldn’t have succumbed to this.

Read more:
http://www.yemfem.com.ng/2017/12/open-letter-to-matthew-ashimolowo-god.html?m=1

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Open Letter To Matthew Ashimolowo: " God Has Used Daddy Freeze To Enlighten Pent by GavelSlam: 5:34am On Dec 03, 2017
They cannot find any biblical backing to their years of fraudulent practice.

Freeze has set the cat amongst the pigeons and scattered the temple as Jesus once did.

The place of the Lord has been turned into a place of merchandise, a shopping mall where salvation is sold and the shopkeepers smile to the bank.

Over the years, some have become distressed in pretty much the same fashion as banks of the 90's. I'm talking to you pastor Anwuzia of the defunct Zoe ministries.

We've seen it all, and it has reached its nadir.

These business centres have brainwashed and killed 3 generations. Preventing them from invention and innovation, robbing them of their capital and time whilst killing the humanity in them.

All they worship is money with the name of God thrown somewhere in between.

Thanks to freeze, the trance is being broken, the enchanted are coming to.

The man of the year 2017, certainly daddy Freeze.

3 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Matthew Ashimolowo: " God Has Used Daddy Freeze To Enlighten Pent by yemfemNg(f): 5:41am On Dec 03, 2017
Well said... So sad, we haven't seen anyone with scriptural backings to counter daddy freeze's point. Knowledge is key!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Open Letter To Matthew Ashimolowo: " God Has Used Daddy Freeze To Enlighten Pent by Omexonomy: 6:10am On Dec 03, 2017
If you know tithe is biblical click like
If you know tithe is a scam click share
Re: Open Letter To Matthew Ashimolowo: " God Has Used Daddy Freeze To Enlighten Pent by hisgrace090: 6:42am On Dec 03, 2017
God can just use anybody to sprayed His massege.

I know they must be a purpose for freez outburst.

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Matthew Ashimolowo: " God Has Used Daddy Freeze To Enlighten Pent by yemfemNg(f): 7:01am On Dec 03, 2017
Very correct, we need answers from our prominent Men of God.

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Matthew Ashimolowo: " God Has Used Daddy Freeze To Enlighten Pent by Hiccups: 7:06am On Dec 03, 2017
shocked

From Most pastors reaction its safe to agree with Freeze. I noticed no orthodox churches have reacted to Freeze and Freeze never calls out these class of churches despite practicing tithing.

To the few supporting these Pastors and painting Freeze as demonic, I wish to remind you that history is on Freeze's side. The protestant churches disagreed with some teachings within Catholic, they were never demonic, Pentecostal churches disagreed with some teachings within Protestant churches, they were never demonic. Within Islam, there are different groups holding on to divergent teachings, they not demonic. The case of Freeze cannot be different.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Open Letter To Matthew Ashimolowo: " God Has Used Daddy Freeze To Enlighten Pent by emmie14: 7:20am On Dec 03, 2017
Houses built on swallow foundation and cheap propaganda is bound to collapse. Pentecostal churches and leadership skilled in castigation of churches established before them like APC to PDP. Failed targets is imminent.
Re: Open Letter To Matthew Ashimolowo: " God Has Used Daddy Freeze To Enlighten Pent by malvisguy212: 8:53am On Dec 03, 2017
yemfemNg:
Well said... So sad, we haven't seen anyone with scriptural backings to counter daddy freeze's point. Knowledge is key!
can you provide link were daddy frez used scripture to support his argument
Re: Open Letter To Matthew Ashimolowo: " God Has Used Daddy Freeze To Enlighten Pent by yemfemNg(f): 9:00am On Dec 03, 2017
malvisguy212:
can you provide link were daddy frez used scripture to support his argument

Follow daddy freeze on Twitter
Re: Open Letter To Matthew Ashimolowo: " God Has Used Daddy Freeze To Enlighten Pent by malvisguy212: 9:46am On Dec 03, 2017
yemfemNg:

Follow daddy freeze on Twitter
copy it and paste it here.........In mark 14:3-9. daddy freeze would've call Jesus a fraud. but did you know what Jesus is doing there? He was contrasting the faith of the woman,the woman is proven the evidence of faith.
Re: Open Letter To Matthew Ashimolowo: " God Has Used Daddy Freeze To Enlighten Pent by budaatum: 12:10pm On Dec 03, 2017
The arguments about tithes is a funny one. How people can claim their giving to a church or pastor to buy a jet is a gift to god befuddles me. Do people really think god needs their money, or that if they use their money to help someone in need, their god would be displeased? Does scripture not say "in as much as you have done unto these that you see, suffice. There is no other word to describe the idiots but to call you sheep, I am afraid.

You should be using what your god gives you to glorify that god by building a godly society. I would suggest you spend a tenth of your earnings helping those who are in need. A god that doesn't like that is not worthy of being worshipped. And individuals who can't see reason in that deserve to be parted with their money.

And if you have so much to give to a pastor, perhaps the government should tax you more and use it to build roads, fix schools and electrify the nation!

Long live Daddy Freeze!

(1) (Reply)

Was The Word “god” Or “a God”? / Atheist's Life. Things We Don't Want Happening To Us. / Ex Satan Worshipper John Ramirez Testimony

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.